» «
Photo

Most fun since Vice City

38 replies to this topic
PIOCapacitor
  • PIOCapacitor

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:01 PM Edited by PIOCapacitor, 23 October 2013 - 09:05 PM.

I've been playing since 3 came out, which was awesome, and then VC came out and blew it away. My friends and I spent weeks playing VC to get 100% (and the T shirt.) 

When SA came out I got it but I didn't care for it too much. The dating, the lifting weights,..all the side stuff you had to do. Just didn't interest me. I wanted to race and do story missions and I felt sidetracked by the other things you were forced to do. 

It just wasn't for me. 

Then 4 came out and I got that,...didn't care for the driving physics. Yeah it's more realistic, but it wasn't fun. I wanted to fly around corners shooting out the window like I did in VC. 

I sold the game after a couple weeks because I just wasn't feeling it. 

Then GTA V came out,..of course I had to get it. 

I was blown away! GTA was fun again! Sliding around corners blasting rounds, doing crazy missions, it's bright and colorful and just a lot of fun. It's fun to roam and explore too. 

Then it dawned on me,..GTA V feels like Vice City. That's why I'm liking it so much. 

Sure it's LA instead of Miami, but it's bright and full of flat streets that are great for racing. 

So I started thinking, "If GTA V is sort of like an HD Vice City,..maybe 4 is really more like 3 and I just didn't give it a fair chance." 

So I went out a week ago and re-bought part 4 with the TLAD and TBOGT expansion packs. (the Complete Edition.) ... (it came with Max Payne 4 which I'm shelving for a rainy day.)

Now I'm about 25% of the way through 4 and I'm liking it. And I did TLAD already (mostly for the storyline) and liked that as well. 

So now I see 4 as sort of an HD 3, and 5 as sort of an HD Vice City. 

There are some things in 4 that annoy me like SA did. The dating and Roman constantly calling me to go out to eat and drink. It's just somewhat annoying. 

But now I'm digging 4 and the story, I'm interested to see how Nicos tale plays out. 

The driving still takes getting used to, and I'm used to it by now and don't slide out on corners and stuff. But the driving feels slow and bulky and just not fun like VC and V are. It's fine for what it is and it's not costing me missions,..but it's just not "Fun." 

But I feel lucky because I really, really loved 3 and VC, and I figured, "that's it, they'll never make games that felt that way again." 

Maybe it's the nostalgia factor, fondly remembering how much fun was had in Vice City playing with my friends. 

But I feel happy now because playing 4 and 5 remind me of 3 and VC. 

So now I'm playing 4 (the storyline), Red Dead Redemption, GTA V, TLAD,...and have Max Payne 3 on the backburner for a rainy day. 

I guess Rockstar made me a fan again, since I only seem to be playing their games lately. 

So for all the vitriol I see dumped on GTA 5 for not living up to peoples expectations, for some of us they exceeded our expectations and made it a lot of fun to play a GTA game again. 

There is nothing like flying down the road at 120mph, dodging traffic while chasing/shooting at someone while you fly around corners. 

And I haven't had that much fun doing that since Vice City. But now with GTA 5 I'm having that same fun again. 

...and it looks 1000 times better then it did on ps2. 

Thanks Rockstar, you made me a fan again. 

• hflgk, TheDust, nuer and 9 others like this

cmichaelson
  • cmichaelson

Respect

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:05 PM

Now this is what I like. The thumbs up

woggleman
  • woggleman

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:19 PM

You are new to this forum so prepare for the onslaught of abuse. You can't like GTA V on this forum.

• TJGM likes this

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:32 PM Edited by spamtackey, 23 October 2013 - 09:32 PM.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: if V is Rockstar's worst then Rockstar are still standing taller than most developers out there. I have my gripes with it, but it's not a bad game by any means. I'm glad you were able to find enjoyment out of the series again. :)

woggleman
  • woggleman

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:35 PM

I've said it before and I'll say it again: if V is Rockstar's worst then Rockstar are still standing taller than most developers out there. I have my gripes with it, but it's not a bad game by any means. I'm glad you were able to find enjoyment out of the series again. :)

Exactly. I don't believe it is the worst but if it is it is still damn good. 

GTA564
  • GTA564

gta>

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:39 PM Edited by GTA564, 23 October 2013 - 09:39 PM.

nice post  it was good to read

soldat89
  • soldat89

Peon

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:42 PM

im 100% on the same page as you OP

havent had a GTA this good since Vice City.. now if only the music was as good in 5 as it was in Vice City

PIOCapacitor
  • PIOCapacitor

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:03 PM Edited by PIOCapacitor, 23 October 2013 - 10:05 PM.

havent had a GTA this good since Vice City.. now if only the music was as good in 5 as it was in Vice City

So true. All I seem to hear is Rihanna, Britney Spears, or Black Flag. 

over and over

You are new to this forum so prepare for the onslaught of abuse. You can't like GTA V on this forum.

I've been lurking for a week or two. 

Seems to be a forum that loves calling people "faggot"

...also lots of kids with poor social skills from what I can see

RockstarMark
  • RockstarMark

Since the very beginning

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:15 PM Edited by RockstarMark, 23 October 2013 - 10:16 PM.

Agreed! V feels like a perfect balance of IV and Vice City.

It is truly great. I like a fair amount of the music but yeah nothing will compare to VC imo, it was the perfect GTA soundtrack.

RockstarFanboy
  • RockstarFanboy

GTA #2 FANBOY / Loyal R* Soldier

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:29 PM

Coudn't have said it better... this GTA brings back so many feelings I was missing

• PIOCapacitor likes this

Dodgers2013Champs
  • Dodgers2013Champs

Trick

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:37 PM

Lol V is the worst of all GTAS

InfernoV
  • InfernoV

Dont you just hate keyboard warriors!

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:47 PM

Your enjoying gta iv story eh?

In the end Niko dies and you continue free roaming as roman- spoiler
  • Ola441 likes this

RowanSane
  • RowanSane

SURF crew Commissioner, Xbox 360

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:48 PM Edited by RowanSane, 23 October 2013 - 10:49 PM.

Lol V is the worst of all GTAS

Shoo.

There's a million threads for you, including at least one official pinned one. This thread is for us.

PIOCapacitor
  • PIOCapacitor

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:50 PM

Coudn't have said it better... this GTA brings back so many feelings I was missing

yup,..it's 'Fun' again. 

Games are supposed to be fun, that's why they're called "games" and not "jobs" 

PIOCapacitor
  • PIOCapacitor

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:54 PM

Hahahaha, I strongly suspect Roman will die. 

and the girlfriend Michelle? I keep wondering when her story will develop,...she sure seems like a FED. 

...and I hope at some point I get to punch Brucie in the face,..because that dude is incredibly annoying. I keep thinking they modeled him after the actor Rick Hoffman...

rick-hoffman_photoboxart_160w.jpg

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:58 PM

I'm happy for you. Glad someone is satisfied. I don't think the game is flawless, but it has offered a good amount of fun so I'm still having fun with it.

RockstarFanboy
  • RockstarFanboy

GTA #2 FANBOY / Loyal R* Soldier

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:59 PM

yup,..it's 'Fun' again. 

Games are supposed to be fun, that's why they're called "games" and not "jobs" 

with "feelings" I meant much more than just fun

woggleman
  • woggleman

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:02 PM

I thought IV was a lot of fun myself but V is even more fun. Like I said in another thread I don't think they have made a bad GTA. At least I think that's the case out of the main ones. Some of them like Advance and LCS were not so great.

RowanSane
  • RowanSane

SURF crew Commissioner, Xbox 360

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:12 PM

I prefer SA to VC myself but its a close call, decided by little things. I could sum up a fair part of the difference as 'ramping a Sanchez off the Chilead lookout and parachuting down to the coast'. Which is coincidentally the first thing I did in V once the game released me into free roam...

Planes and pimping (my favourite vehicle mission ever) made up for turf warfare (one of my least favourite game activities).

Musically I lived through both eras. I was an 80s teen complete with new wave haircuts but grunge saved me from all that... So VC radio creates nostalgia for me but Channel X wins the contest. VC radio is great, it does its job perfectly in setting the tone of the decade and is a very fine collection of 80s pop and new wave in particular. The radio in SA does the same job, also very well, but with music I like better. Stations like Classics, Dust and K Rose provide a wider ranging musical selection without losing the feeling of the early 90s.

Like I say, it's a really tight call, decided for me by small things that are personal preference. Tommy Vercetti had a better story.

InfernoV
  • InfernoV

Dont you just hate keyboard warriors!

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:33 PM

and the girlfriend Michelle? I keep wondering when her story will develop,...she sure seems like a FED. 

...and I hope at some point I get to punch Brucie in the face,..because that dude is incredibly annoying. I keep thinking they modeled him after the actor Rick Hoffman...

Brucie and roman get married and then roman gets pregnant - spoiler

Btw that one fugly motherf*cker

PIOCapacitor
  • PIOCapacitor

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:34 PM

yeah that was a big deal to me at the time, 3's character didn't speak. So when I started playing VC and heard Ray Liotta I was surprised but very happy. 

My favorite radio station so far is LCHC in 4 and TLaD. 

Sepultura!!

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=HJxjBEzogeY

PIOCapacitor
  • PIOCapacitor

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:36 PM

Brucie and roman get married and then roman gets pregnant - spoiler

Btw that one fugly motherf*cker

Yeah, kinda like Brucie. Hahaha

BrucieKibbutzIV.png

COASTERPUNK
  • COASTERPUNK

These are the real sounds of Southern San Andreas

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:40 PM Edited by COASTERPUNK, 23 October 2013 - 11:41 PM.

I highly agree with this thread  :^:

V has brought back the fun factor and it is (IMO) the best GTA yet.

It's too bad some negative V haters will surely infest this topic like they do with all the others, they are the black plague of these forums... 

mdniterder
  • mdniterder

Hustler

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:54 PM

if only we could add our own mp3's to the mix, we could create our own station or toss songs that belong on that station in the mix.

GtaIvFanboy
  • GtaIvFanboy

I Have a Foot Fetish

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:00 AM Edited by GtaIvFanboy, 24 October 2013 - 12:04 AM.

V is more Like San Andreas than Vice City.

PIOCapacitor
  • PIOCapacitor

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:10 AM

in your opinion maybe. 

I didn't like SA. 

I did like VC

5 reminds me of VC, 4 reminds me of 3. 

woggleman
  • woggleman

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:36 AM

Honestly I liked the music. I was young in the 90s and the music from then just puts a smile on my face but I am not going to  be one of those old men who frowns on anything new or something I might not have heard of. I still love discovering new music.

• xXGst0395Xx likes this

StingrayX
  • StingrayX

♢ Las Venturas ♢

• The Yardies
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:39 AM

I wanted to fly around corners shooting out the window like I did in VC.

Learn how to freaking drive instead of jolting your stick to turn, like a 10 year old, and then maybe you'll be able to do this in IV. Geez. Do you drive dude? like real life? :lol:

SilverRST
  • SilverRST

Soldier

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:42 AM

GTAV suck ass. It is a piece of sh*t that forces you to have GTAO if you

want to get all the content that's been cut out for single player.

R* should be ashamed of themself to make this piece of sh*t.

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:44 AM Edited by Gst0395, 24 October 2013 - 12:45 AM.

GTAV suck ass. It is a piece of sh*t that forces you to have GTAO if you

want to get all the content that's been cut out for single player.

R* should be ashamed of themself to make this piece of sh*t.

Boo hoo. Did you really make an account just to say that?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users