Photo

Why do we use Facebook and Twitter?

24 replies to this topic
Glenn.
  • Glenn.

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:34 PM

What do you guys think? Personally I have used less facebook as I gained higher self esteem and found myself more as a person in general. I was never overly into Twitter. Now I just use FB to message friends. Sometimes I look at the status thingy and think, "What the f*ck am I supposed to put in there?" 

Do you's use Facebook a lot? Or maybe yous have different ideas then myself.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:44 PM

I don't know, I don't use any of them. I've been told to create a Twitter account , but I find it too stupid. I mean, I don't give a flying f*ck about what people thinks each moment... 

Glenn.
  • Glenn.

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:46 PM

Theirs a few people who have like 8 posts every-time I check. I think their just trying really hard to out some sort of lifestyle that doesn't exist to be honest.

W2B
  • W2B

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:48 PM

I don't use Facebook or Twitter. I have a FB account (somewhere, if it still exists), but I've only used it once or twice long ago. I don't even remember my login details :bored:

Shah Sam
  • Shah Sam

Shah

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:59 PM

I use Facebook to message my friends, and to check out news and stuff. 

I have a Twitter-account, but I don't usually use it.

stu
  • stu

Ya filthy animal.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Funniest Member 2013
    Funniest Member 2012

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:40 PM

FB is great for organising sh*t with friends, much easier than sending txts. I rarely post a status, but it's good for chatting and organising stuff like I said. And for perving and snaking on the ladies. That too.

• Girish, Adler and BabeRuth like this

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Democratic-Republic-of-the-Congo

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:54 PM Edited by Joe Chip, 23 October 2013 - 10:55 PM.

Twitter's neat if you're really into a person (celebrity, comedian, etc.) who's on twitter. There's three people I'm more willing to devote myself to than I am my family, and two of them are on twitter, and it's nice to read what they have to say about things when I'm on the toilet or waiting for a bus or something.

I quit Facebook a couple years ago, and I don't keep in contact with long distance family year 'round. I think I'm happier than I was then.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:26 PM

I use facebook. I don't even know how Twitter.

MindCorrupt
  • MindCorrupt

iCorrupt

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:54 PM

I use Facebook occasionally to catch up with friends who are now in different countries. Was nice to see what everyone was up to while I was working away as well. I'm currently in the UK and find myself checking it more often because I'm home sick.

I can see the value of FB but I don't get why people feel the need to be checking every few minutes, to each their own I guess.

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Onward towards the light

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most GIFted Member

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:48 AM

Not a fan of facebook but it does have some use for getting in touch with people you forgot about. The bad thing about it was it got me back in touch with people I WANTED to forget about as well. 

As for twitter, I don't even know what the point of it is, I guess you're just meant to post to strangers what happened in your day, like anyone actually gives a sh*t. "Today my finger slipped through the toilet paper when I was wiping my ass #FingeredMyAsshole" 

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"Not Santa's balls!"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:56 AM

I don't use Facebook or Twitter.

but it's not hard to see why people do.

even though both of them can be a reservoir of human stupidity, they're also good tools when used correctly.

Facebook is a nice option for keeping in touch with people you don't see in person much anymore and Twitter is like a universal public address system for news feeds, business contacts, and immediate feedback.

unfortunately most people are just vapid and dumb so this tends to be the impression a lot of us have of social media in general... even though it's not all that bad.

• na89340qv0n34b09q340 likes this

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:12 AM Edited by finn4life, 24 October 2013 - 03:13 AM.

First reason to use Facebook is for organising events like parties and meet ups. Second reason is for messaging people, numbers change, Facebook accounts don't, plus texts can come off as creepy if you don't know the person that well, Facebook is more casual, great for meeting girls, not quite so much now that I'm getting a little older, but still good.

The other reason is for funny content, I used to browse 4 Chan and 9gag for funny sh*t but now it's all on Facebook, and generally only the best content filters through, loads of hilarious vines and YouTube videos and photos make it to Facebook and you can tag your friends in them.
But by far the best is 16 year old girls and Facebook fights, they add me all the time and some of the sh*t is comedy gold.
I screenshotted onE a couple weeks back that started out with:
"Indians love Me more than my boyfriend"
"That's becausE cows are sacred in their country"

And just yesterday "Mardi, the whales are heading south this time of year, you should probably get going" I'll upload a couple of them later perhaps.

As for statuses, I make them sometimes, usually a funny story of what happened to me during the day, or a Seinfeld like complaint about General nuances in life, people here don't give a f*ck but my friends in Facebook seem to enjoy them.
Also when I see funny sh*t like this, this poop is ridiculous, it even has a face. I saw it yesterday and uploaded it, many c found it funny, but you guys probably don'T care because you don't know me.

Twitter isn't as great btw, because there is no like system so I don't know if my contenT is good, great, or just rubbish.
Sorry for random capitals by the way,.my phone does it.

20131023_172347.jpg
  • Sting4S likes this

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:49 AM Edited by BabeRuth, 24 October 2013 - 04:53 AM.

And for perving and snaking on the ladies. That too.

Cheers! :D

I use FB, but not Twitter.

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:19 AM

FB is great for organising sh*t with friends, much easier than sending txts. I rarely post a status, but it's good for chatting and organising stuff like I said. And for perving and snaking on the ladies. That too.

This, this, this.

Also, you can use it to get in touch with long lost people. It's much better to send them a message over the internet as opposed to having an awkward conversation over the phone.

• Finn 7 five 11 likes this

Nameless Foot Soldier
  • Nameless Foot Soldier

Libertonian

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:50 PM

I personally like to have a connection and a list of all the people I've been acquainted with. I only add people I know and have became friends with so I have like 60 something friends. But I'm only 19 so that's okay.

Brobinski
  • Brobinski

PYPU

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:07 PM Edited by I So Brink, 24 October 2013 - 02:08 PM.

Also, you can use it to get in touch with long lost people. It's much better to send them a message over the internet as opposed to having an awkward conversation over the phone.

Similarly, they're  good for keeping up with how your friends who you live far away from are doing. I've just finished university so the friends I made there are spread all around the country now and quite a few around the continent. Facebook's an easy way to keep talking to them and, even if you're not actively communicating, it can be nice just to see what they're up to these days.

Adler
  • Adler

Hello, Smith. ( -`)ノ

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:30 PM Edited by Adler, 24 October 2013 - 03:30 PM.

Now I just use FB to message friends. Sometimes I look at the status thingy and think, "What the f*ck am I supposed to put in there?" 

That's how I've always used Facebook. You telling me there's another way to use it?

Twitter I'm not to keen about. I see it as a means for following celebs and having them actually respond to you sometimes, which is cool in its own right.

rampage08
  • rampage08

I do not fear, for you are with me...

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:44 PM Edited by rampage08, 07 November 2013 - 11:45 PM.

I used to have twitter but then i deactivated it, right now i only use facebook but thats just for news and stuff for the most part. Lots of annoying BS in twitter that despise it right now. Ive been told to make an instagram account but never did it , that stuff is pointless imo. I have Snapmatic for that lol j/k

CallTheCoroner
  • CallTheCoroner

Have you ever been dying of thirst, and smelled rain?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:07 AM

Because everyone is a sheep.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:16 AM

Used Facebook once to enter a local TV station contest a year or two ago. Haven't gone back.

WhatsStrength
  • WhatsStrength

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:29 AM

I use facebook every day, but I never post anything. I just like to look at various pages I've liked.

As for twitter, it really seems like such an unnecessary site and the only things worth following are actors and companies.

W3BB13
  • W3BB13

Welcome to the real North Korea

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 08 November 2013 - 01:36 AM

I don't.

I've never signed up for Twitter, and the only reason I have a Facebook account is because an ex-girlfriend thought it was necessary to sign me up, and once we split I figured I'd better change the password to prevent her from having access to it.

I barely check it now. Most people use it as a public diary. Ain't nobody got time for that.

tokyocean
  • tokyocean

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:35 AM Edited by tokyocean, 08 November 2013 - 07:29 AM.

Using Facebook is an effective way to stay in touch with people. To be honest with you, most of the people I have on Facebook don't even care about me. I definitely feel like unfriending many of them, but it's all good. I've never really been the guy who unfriends people.

One thing I feel annoyed at, though, is when people say, "No one cares about your statuses." If you don't care, why are you even on Facebook? Facebook is supposed to be a social networking website. If you're really that self-absorbed, you might as well deactivate your Facebook account and never look back.

Ryder_from_the_grave
  • Ryder_from_the_grave

Land of the Heartless

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:18 AM

to keep in touch with friends and family,

twitter for celebs and a few friends,thers some funny shiee on there.

Xcommunicated
  • Xcommunicated

A Stitch in Time C9

• United-States

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:37 PM

I scorned myspace and then facebook for years until a few weeks ago when I abandoned my principles and created an account.  While I can see a few advantages, it's mostly a huge waste of time.  If high school were an internet forum, then fb would be it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users