Quantcast

» «
Photo

Finally meeting friendlies in free roam!

178 replies to this topic
JayJ47
  • JayJ47

Rat

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:56 AM

I tend to leave other players alone for the most part. If I see a marker on my minimap i'll expand it to see if they're following me and prepare to fight but unless i'm hit with a bullet or crashed into I'll leave them to it.

Sometimes when my friends head into a clothes shop or Ammu-Nation I park up my car. get out and roam around outside. If a player comes up and tries to get in my car I won't do anything but If they shoot it I'll kill them.

Sometimes I like to kill cops chasing other players and drive off just to be that cool guy who saved you :p

FaFidOLL
  • FaFidOLL

LE FEMME FATALE

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:13 AM

helping the weak

SilentnElite
  • SilentnElite

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:34 AM

Where are the Xbox 360 friendlies? :(

KeithMcClees
  • KeithMcClees

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:41 AM

too many a time I let those white dots get too close expecting civility. no mas.

Eradicate
  • Eradicate

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:45 AM

too many a time I let those white dots get too close expecting civility. no mas.

Yeah that's the biggest problem, knowing what they are going to do when you get close. My solution has been to basically show the ass of my entity to the players up close and see their reaction. It's virtually impossible to shoot into the entity from the back with the spoiler so they either shoot wastefully and I know they're an ass or I know they're cool if they don't attack, hasn't really failed me yet.

Peak hunter
  • Peak hunter

Rat

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:05 AM

...we had a magical day full of bike rides and car shows.

God-eater
  • God-eater

Ah, so that's how you change that.

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:22 AM

I saw a 'friendly' player once or twice. They're the ones that get within a block of you then just keep driving, right?

Most people I see online are still KOS - so if one of those white dots comes near me I head the other way. If they keep coming, I'll find a nice spot to drygulch 'em then bail on the session to avoid the inevitable vendetta (ain't nobody got time for that - just trying to sell a car, man).  

If they wanted to be friends, too bad. Should have walked up in Passive.  

Here's a telling anecdote. Saw a dude trapped in a 24/7 - car in front of the doors, cops everywhere. I smash the car out of the way, stop in front of the doors, horn honking and headlights flashing (and taking stray fire, mark you). Dude leaves the session. 

That's the community we've got - millions of intensely paranoid, belligerent tribes of one. 

OP, I'd love to have a community like the one you're talking about. Bring on the Passive sessions, if that's what it will take - if we can't kill each other, there's no reason to not work together - everything in GTA: O is more fun with a group. 

HiddenAnonyous
  • HiddenAnonyous

I know things

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:26 AM

those dicks. I'm friendly, though I usually just hang out in invite only unless i have a bounty on me :) Nothing like seeing other players kill each other over my bounty

Goneinfiveseconds
  • Goneinfiveseconds

Prankster

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:35 AM

thats why i use police transporter when driving in freeroam so i can tell if those dots are friendly or hostile when they get close to me

MLO_III
  • MLO_III

Honest Cheater

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:43 AM

I've run into quite a few friendlies.  I thinks its funny to imagine how tense some players get when they see my dot approaching.  Since I'm in the Manhunt Executioners, I can never tell if my crewmate is friend or foe.  I always just drive up and honk as I pass.  Last couple days, nobodies taken any shots at me and let me get pretty close.

I've noticed most griefers and trolls are horrible drivers so when they do take shots, I usually just lose them within a few turns.  I'm always friendly to the mics in lobby.  Even helped a low level escape a griefer by sending a mugger and mercs after him.  Put a bounty on the guy and sure enough he went to time out as expected.

Pig__Destroyer
  • Pig__Destroyer

DRIFT THIS *****

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:41 AM

yes please bring friendly fire off back! what the hell where they thinking with this and auto aim? dumbasses and guy liner though. so pissed. And when friendly fire off is on you car is like a ghost to other players. If they don't add this i'm done with this game

karaokegod73
  • karaokegod73

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:35 AM

I went online tonight for the first and last time. Got chased down, shot at and run over on sight over and over again. Can't f*cking play at all. No point...I'm done.

Doctor Sawbones
  • Doctor Sawbones

Sheriff of Paleto Bay

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:27 PM

I generally fly chopper support for everyone, today I managed to pick up someone who's car was totaled by the police. I proceeded to lose the cops and drop him off next to one of the cars Simeon was after. Gotta' love the Cargobob.

TECHN9CiAN
  • TECHN9CiAN

I like my beer like I like my violence: imported.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:30 PM Edited by TECHN9CiAN, 29 October 2013 - 04:30 PM.

Im looking for some xbox live friendlies to do impromtu races with and just play around. I like to race my futo and know how to duplicate it if anyone wants it.

Also, i duplicate SPACE DOCKER to anyone, just because i can.

Xbox gamertag: TECHN9CiAN805

Dave Rizza
  • Dave Rizza

AWC

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:32 PM

If i'm grinding for cash to save up for something ill stay in invite only. When i do public free roam im collecting crates, doing jobs/races and gang wars. It is kinda fun knowing more than half the lobby will KOS. A good tip if you are running around in your whip with passive on is to just jump out if someone gets too close. Griefers will still try to shoot you or steal your ride before giving up then they have five seconds to get away before my boomstick becomes active.

Im actually starting to meet more friendlies though. Maybe people are starting to work out that working together is actually fun and theres deathmatches and 1v1's if you wanna shoot each other up.

BTW i'm looking to join a nice small crew for when the heists become avaliable. I'm top class driver who very rarely crashes out at top speeds. Also good shooter and good overall team tactics. Will be mic'd up very soon. Add me if your interested or even if you just wanna hang round on free roam or do jobs. Im level 30 so have access to some of the 10 grand jobs and can do them all solo so with 2 or three of us would be some nice easy cash.

SkullFace616
  • SkullFace616

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 05:51 PM

Maaaan, wish I could find this on XBox. Really want to grow my crew with fun friendly people. There's only been a couple of times I've run into a friendly, 99% of the time it's instant attack. As I never attack unless provoked, I often end up on the bad end of things. 

SubtlyAgressive
  • SubtlyAgressive

Camper

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:09 AM Edited by SubtlyAgressive, 12 November 2013 - 07:11 AM.

I'm quite paranoid in any free mode.  Some a holes like to pretend to be friendly or they don't show any hostility and then when your back is turned or you extend an olive branch they gun you down.

If you approach aggressively, I'll defo shoot first.  It's like you're manning a checkpoint in some war-torn country.  You can't afford to be nice sometimes.  Plus, I have a crew, and we're all on the same page as far as ROE's (Rule of Engagement) are concerned.

I guess, maybe approach unarmed to show your intentions.

_d3xt3r_
  • _d3xt3r_

F*ck You Too

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:18 AM

I had a friendly pick me up yesterday and drive to LSC to glitch.

Never seen it before, but when he left, the car remained for 10 seconds as did his character, before it jumped out the car and ran quivering into a corner of the workshop.

Weirdest thing I've ever seen - I always thought we evaporated when we left...

0_0.jpg

Elijin
  • Elijin

Probably Lost. Send help.

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:33 AM

I think people are seeing more and more friendlies because more and more people have hit that point where they have what they want money wise, and are coming out of their private lobbies. Especially since the hospital bills were dropped.

I know I played exclusively in private lobbies, but now I wander about in free roam trying to help people however I can. It gets me killed a lot....but...thats fine?

rovert
  • rovert

Los Santos Hobo

• Members
  • North-Korea

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:23 PM

I only kill people who don't speak English.

I can't stand their squeaky voices coincided with a horrid language.

ENGERLAND and 'Murica Unite.

look what all these bigots do.

dannybohy
  • dannybohy

Queens of the Damned Crew Founder

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:36 PM

I'm friendly!  although my avatar can be a bitch ;) 

I only fire if fired on first!. 

dannybohy
  • dannybohy

Queens of the Damned Crew Founder

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 November 2013 - 04:37 PM

Maaaan, wish I could find this on XBox. Really want to grow my crew with fun friendly people. There's only been a couple of times I've run into a friendly, 99% of the time it's instant attack. As I never attack unless provoked, I often end up on the bad end of things. 

Although I am trying to get my own crew going I will add you if thats ok?  always good to have friends online!

DeZaStR
  • DeZaStR

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:06 PM

Friendly here. Add me on xbox (DeZaStR) if you want.

Monkey Toes
  • Monkey Toes

Gentleman Extrordinare

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:21 PM

Last night I was sitting outside LSC skimming over the forums on my computer when I decide to glance up to check on things in game.  First thing I notice as my eyes move up is a bounty mark right next to me on the minimap, then I see this tank cannon pointing right at me.  I toot my horn at the tank and sit there wiggling my bike's wheel back and forth.  After a little while, he honks back at me and before long was having to deal with some bounty hunters.  I bumped into him again, this time on my bmx, while he was parked in the movie lot.  He proceed to let me hop onto his tank and generally goof off while he busied himself with shooting more hunters.

gnad
  • gnad

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:30 PM

Yesterday I've met someone with a TANK and the guy WAS FRIENDLY!

I was with my Sandking and I went close, sent a message to him "peace", the guy didn't kill me! He started shooting at every PV that came close, except me!! lmao

EchoCompany
  • EchoCompany

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 November 2013 - 05:36 PM Edited by EchoCompany, 12 November 2013 - 05:39 PM.

people made me "shoot first" I would rather team up with some people and do mission... but NO, I log in and get shot at trying to get to my house...  That's ok, I'll continue to raise my K/D over 3. People don't know when they are out classed.. I get killed, I'm not John Rambo but I get them more..

I'm on PS3

NecroNeedle
  • NecroNeedle

Trick

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:01 PM

I've run into a few random friendlier who just drive by or also do the jerk action. It's cool when you can just relax with ransoms.

ShootEveryone
  • ShootEveryone

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:04 PM

Ppl are real friendly in bad sport , I meet some new friends there :)

vw11
  • vw11

Simply me

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:03 PM

I get out of the car and stand holding a salute while watching whatever interests me or trying to engage a friendly.  Most times it works.  A LagBox friendly here.  

I feel like I've gotten pretty good at deciphering who's KOS.  I take cover and let them pass; 90% think weakling I guess because they take a snipe position or try and ram/drive by.  

Last night I sold a car at LSC came out to see a really fast driver coming at the door/me.  He stopped let me move out of the way and went in.  I was shocked and awed at his kindness.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users