Quantcast

» «
Photo

Finally meeting friendlies in free roam!

178 replies to this topic
Jumpaax
  • Jumpaax

Leader of the LS Investigation crew

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:42 AM Edited by Jumpaax, 28 October 2013 - 11:43 AM.

About 30 minutes ago I was driving my adder when 5 people all ended up in the same place. Better yet, this was in a bad sport lobby!

DaCosta
  • DaCosta

G-T-Addict

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:57 AM

I had a shared GTA experience that I enjoyed the other day.

Two guys were launching huge cargo planes from the LS airport and impressively landing them on Del Piero beach. I watched them complete this feat several times from my cargo-bob helicopter before one decided to aim for me! Despite my desperate attempts to dodge, his manoeuvre was perfect and he took us both out. It was hilarious.

I was glad to see then he then just got back on with his own stuff and carried on enjoying GTA.

Thumbs up to random fun. Thumbs down to unrelenting grief.

Cheddarhead7
  • Cheddarhead7

Lowrider

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:30 PM

I've had some great moments with the rare friendlies I encounter.

First time was when when I had just won a deathmatch and I vote to return to freemode. I spawn and decide to go rob a store, but a level 93 player that I beat pulls up in his Adder. I prepare for him to kill me but instead he beeps his horns as if to get in. I do and he drives to the store I put a waypoint on. I get out and rob the store while he waits outside, and we evade the police together. I put a waypoint on my house in Los Santos (We were in Blaine County) and he drives me all the way there. I get out, Salute him and give him 60% of the profit. He beeps his horn again and drives away.

The other time was a few days ago. Me and a friend found one of those huge trucks with the car holders being pulled along (The one you use to carry Devon Weston's cars to Paleto bay in SP) and I drive my car into the back and he drives the truck. Before we take off, a random in a Pink Vacca shows up and drives in too. We go on a road trip from sandy shores all around Blaine County, and along a motorway we pick up another friendly random. We drive to Sandy Shores airfield and all get in a Buzzard and fight the cops, surviving for ages on 5 stars. Eventually we land and the randoms both get in a Luxor and fly away and me and my friend leave to do a race. It was a great hour :) .

KingPancakes
  • KingPancakes

Sortve have a life outside of video games, go easy

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:18 PM

Haven't met so many nice people ever in this game as I met this weekend, so I wonder what has happened. Nice change for once

What happened probly is that a lot of the douchebags were all in bad sport lobby's that day. Very cool
  • BuyMeTheMoon likes this

DaCosta
  • DaCosta

G-T-Addict

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:25 PM

I've had some great moments with the rare friendlies I encounter.

First time was when when I had just won a deathmatch and I vote to return to freemode. I spawn and decide to go rob a store, but a level 93 player that I beat pulls up in his Adder. I prepare for him to kill me but instead he beeps his horns as if to get in. I do and he drives to the store I put a waypoint on. I get out and rob the store while he waits outside, and we evade the police together. I put a waypoint on my house in Los Santos (We were in Blaine County) and he drives me all the way there. I get out, Salute him and give him 60% of the profit. He beeps his horn again and drives away.

The game should reward players for this, to encourage friendly interaction. Bonus RP for driving with strangers (like you do for driving with crews) or for holding up stores and sharing cash etc.

Sometimes when no friend/crew members are online I wouldn't mind cooperating with others but the game gives you absolutely no option to do this (not including voice chat.)

nekkidhillbilly
  • nekkidhillbilly

gta vigi game

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:27 PM

i think alot of the sh*tty ppl are leaving ive noticed more friendly players too

KingPancakes
  • KingPancakes

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:31 PM

i think alot of the sh*tty ppl are leaving ive noticed more friendly players too

Probably this too. Oh and don't forget to once the weekend ends, the smartass youngins go back to school til atleast 3 pm est. tho I know this doesn't account for the Europeans we play with but most of them have been pretty cool with me.

gnad1992
  • gnad1992

f*ck off

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:31 PM

I try to be friendly with everyone... but after getting killed for the first time I troll the f*ck out of the fella until he leaves the server.

DeZaStR
  • DeZaStR

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:18 PM

Bounties aside, I never shoot first in any player encounters. I defend myself where necessary, and sometimes return fire if fired upon, but never go looking for trouble. I often find myself avoiding interactions if I find myself in a session where a lot players are being killed. From time to time, I'll pull up next to another player and honk my horn to see what kind of reaction I get. Sadly, I'm shot at roughly 75% of the time. I hope to see this trend shift to more positive player interactions, creating more unique opportunities to fully explore the sandbox we've been given.

Just last night I was heading for a bounty, but saw other players converging as well. Just as I pulled up, the bounty was claimed and another player was directly in front of my car on foot. I could have easily hit the gas and ran them over, but instead I just honked my horn and drove off. Later I saw a guy swimming in the middle of the waterway between the airport and docks. I was in a helicopter, and watched him for a minute. He seemed to have trouble finding a way to get out of the water. So, I dropped down to the water near him and tried to help him out. He swam toward me, but was never able to get in. I had the skids of the copter submerged in the water, but no luck. I thought you were supposed to be able to get in this way?

I don't think this game was built with the sole purpose of all out deathmatch 24/7. If so, why would they include a separate deathmatch game mode? 

nekkidhillbilly
  • nekkidhillbilly

gta vigi game

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:31 PM

its not and killing random players isnt really a challenge or anything. i mean its like beating on children. you kill a unsuspecting player driving his car around, looking at his phone, leaving his garage, or lsc.

• Prohibit likes this

jdice1980
  • jdice1980

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 October 2013 - 03:53 PM

When I get home tonight I'll be going through this thread and adding anyone that leaves their psn. So look out for a FR from Matty-079!

Matty, I just saw a request from you on PSN, I'll confirm it when I can log on later. 

I'll also be adding any one else who has dropped their PSN name in this thread. Mine is jdice1980, so add me or keep an eye out!

• Prohibit likes this

Prohibit
  • Prohibit

Lowered Customs

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:13 PM Edited by Prohibit, 28 October 2013 - 05:13 PM.

its not and killing random players isnt really a challenge or anything. i mean its like beating on children. you kill a unsuspecting player driving his car around, looking at his phone, leaving his garage, or lsc.

That's a good way to put it, I like that :lol: . It is pretty mindless though, I agree. 

You guys are all welcome to join my crew too if you want, I'm not going to let anyone who trolls stay in it so it should always be a chill environment. We have a decent emblem, a website in the works (under construction), 15 members, and we have regular meetups. Not trying to takeover the thread or anything, but I see a lot of like-minded people here so thought I would mention it. The GTAForums.com thread link is in my sig.

I accepted a lot of friend requests from this thread :) Thanks for sending them all! If anyone else is looking for more friends my PSN is Exoprox. I love to GOLF, do missions, races, parachuting, tennis, darts, really just about everything! Cruise, Fight, etc. Let me know if you want to chill!  

B3ANTOWN B3A5T
  • B3ANTOWN B3A5T

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:29 PM

Had a fun experience at LSC last night.

My friend pulls into the garage to mod his car. I'm waiting for him in the parking lot so I figured,what the hell, might as well burn some rubber.

I'm doing a burnout for about a minute just killing time, when a random pulls in and seemed a bit taken aback by my antics. Before long he pulls next to me and starts burning rubber too.

Soon another random pulls in and parks next to us, he also starts up a burnout. So now we have a purple, blue, and black smoke smoke show.

My pal comes out of LSC and sees the impromptu smoke show, so he pulls up next to us and starts smoking his tires. Now we have a green, purple, blue, and black smoke show. It looked sweet.

We tried to get another friend to come take a pic, but the randoms left right before he arrived.

It was funny because at the beginning the random came over to check out my car (whitewalls and all). He goes into the garage and comes out with his own whitewalls LOL.

Awesome little random encounter all beacuse I started smoking my tires for no reason.

Kry5s
  • Kry5s

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:35 PM

Once all the idiots get bored and move onto something else, the streets of Los Santos will become more friendly. Thats my prediction.

I never shoot first.

nekkidhillbilly
  • nekkidhillbilly

gta vigi game

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:39 PM

sometimes i dont even shoot at all

elliot150
  • elliot150

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:47 PM

I find its quite obvious who is going to be 'friendly' and who is just gonna shoot as soon they can. The ones who shoot on site are normally driving a stupidly coloured and modified Supercar, and the friendlies will be driving something sensible.

I love friendly encounters, they make the game much more enjoyable. I once came across a guy who was robbing a store and he was swarmed with cops so I pulled up next to him and beeped my horn, he got in and we just cruised the city for a while and then ended up doing missions together for an hour or so racking up xp.

Peace and love everyone, peace and love lol

D4PLK
  • D4PLK

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:42 PM

I shall be adding all of you on PSN tomorrow night it's nice to hear there are a few friendly people out there playing. Everyone I have come across always shoots first or comes at me just to kill me.

My PSN is D4PLK if any of you want to add me before I get around to it.

KingPancakes
  • KingPancakes

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:50 PM

I shall be adding all of you on PSN tomorrow night it's nice to hear there are a few friendly people out there playing. Everyone I have come across always shoots first or comes at me just to kill me.

My PSN is D4PLK if any of you want to add me before I get around to it.

Had so many requests when I came on this afternoon. It was awesome. Hope to play with more of you soon. Maybe even get 16 nice people in a lobby and kill eachother in death matches, not random killings.

Oh and Prohibit should definitely be added to everyone's list, he's cool to play this game with.

Velociraptorius
  • Velociraptorius

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:04 PM

I too found numerous friend requests today. Already had a nice free roam session with Matty079. Looking forward to playing with the others. If you haven't sent a request my way yet, feel free to do so, the more- the merrier. Pancakes is right, if enough of us band together, we may have enough people to have full sessions. I don't have a crew to roll with, so this is a nice alternative. GTA Online truly shines in new colors when you're playing with other good players. 

D4PLK
  • D4PLK

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:14 PM

Would be quite interesting to fill a lobby with friendlies. I only have my brother to play online with, as all my mates are on Xbox and he is rarely on when I am, so it will be nice to have some other like minded people to roam around with.

SingingTrout85
  • SingingTrout85

Reserved Semi-Serious Gamer

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 09:06 PM

One, I don't shoot people. Heck, the only time I ever 'retaliated' was I hit the guy that killed me as he was running across the street to what I assumed was his car. Was an accident, but when I saw who it was, I laughed and kept going.

Two, I show I'm friendly with a Salute or other non-dickish move.

Besides, I'm usually in Passive Mode because 9 out of 10 times people try to murder me to death. Some guy 3 blocks away suddenly drove all over the place to find me in an alley, leaped out and fired three shots at what I assumed was my face. So I don't trust people on there usually. And by usually, I mean ever. Currently.

AJayG
  • AJayG

Snitch

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 09:53 PM

I find it hard to find friendlies. I picked a guy up from middle of the sea in a boat got rid of the cops took him to land then he shot me. im on xbox my gt is same as my username if anyone want to do missions or random stuff. :colgate:

Cats of Kliban
  • Cats of Kliban

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:03 PM

sometimes i dont even shoot at all

This topic gave me an idea that I tried last night for the first time, & it was pretty entertaining.

Overview: I already have all the stuff/$ I want and I'm at level 123. Been working on some awards(have 26 so far), but otherwise currently feeling less than thrilled at playing. I'm just not a player killer by nature. I love killing AI, but not real people. That said, what to do about all those awards requiring I do?

Solution: Go 180 out. Don't get kills ...GIVE them. I won't be getting any of the killing awards, but I'm going to help others get them.

500 headshots for a head tattoo? ..what BS! ..so

I've decided to be a "danger free easy kill target" so players of any level can boost their kills any way they want. For about 2 hours yesterday I just walked around with no weapon out. I approached (near, not in their face) every nearby player & let them do whatever they wanted. I don't shoot back, I don't call for help, & I don't set bounties.  

Results: Great confusion it seems ..lol. One guy figured it out, & I let him kill me about 20 times, but sadly he wasn't very creative. Someone else seemed upset & put a bounty on him & then they went to war. Another guy killed me just once, & then drove away. Another guy was SO bad at shooting he couldn't even kill me at all. One guy pulled up, & got out of his car & stood there. I just ran in circles 3 times(the international symbol of "busy being crazy") ..& he drove off.

Conclusion: It was major fun. I had no idea what to expect & I didn't care. I've decided to spend a little time every day wondering around offering free kills to everyone I can. SO ..if you see some blonde guy in a black suit just walking around, feel free to kill him. When not walking, he'll be driving a tractor. Remember to check your awards progress & kill him as required to help your desired goal. I can't "own" the tractor, so you don't get "bad boy" for blowing it up. You get 20 kills then I'm gone & on to the next person.

PS: I need to leave my current crew so as to not mess up their stats, so I think I'll create a crew named "GIFT". I doubt any will join, but it will be open anyhow. If you need help on awards (like 3 kills in GTA race), just msg me what you need, then invite me. If you need "most kills in survival", same thing. I'll help any way I can, but you have to give me a clue what you are doing/needing.  

Galdoron
  • Galdoron

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:19 PM

This thread has been an awesome ray of light on these forums. Anyone wanting to play a friendly game on XBL feel free to add me: Tee312

Would love to mess around in Freemont, or even do some REALLY races, not derby.
  • KingPancakes likes this

TheKumarEffect
  • TheKumarEffect

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:19 PM Edited by TheKumarEffect, 28 October 2013 - 10:39 PM.

Whenever i see someone in their car and is paused i pull up beside them and get in the passenger seat. They always get so rattled when they find out  :lol:

also if anyone wants to add me on xbox gamertag is same as username

• jdice1980 likes this

jdice1980
  • jdice1980

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 October 2013 - 10:35 PM

I find its quite obvious who is going to be 'friendly' and who is just gonna shoot as soon they can. The ones who shoot on site are normally driving a stupidly coloured and modified Supercar, and the friendlies will be driving something sensible.

Yup...chrome...lol.

I do think you are right to a large extent, but please don't lump everyone into that. I don't have a super car, but I do tend to paint my vehicle (only have one since I've not bought property yet) some loud colors. I had a pink Mustang right now I've got a purple and green Vader...so yeah...

Anyway...I did add a few of you guys (and accepted some request as well) earlier. I'll be adding the others later for sure. It would be killer to get a server full of all of us up at some point!

Matty079
  • Matty079

Slammed Schwartzer Slidin

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:15 PM

I too found numerous friend requests today. Already had a nice free roam session with Matty079. Looking forward to playing with the others. If you haven't sent a request my way yet, feel free to do so, the more- the merrier. Pancakes is right, if enough of us band together, we may have enough people to have full sessions. I don't have a crew to roll with, so this is a nice alternative. GTA Online truly shines in new colors when you're playing with other good players. 

I was going to mention our Freeroam last night but you beat me to it! I think I had 5 mates in that game, it was great.

I spent the first half or the night trying to find friendly freeroamers to no avail. At one point I was taking off in an annihalator and got rocketed by a buzzard then repeatedly spawn killed until I got out the sniper and managed to snipe 2 of them out of the buzzard! So I changed sessions after that.

Then I was racing a guy on a bati along the highway, slowed down for him and he pulled behind me. Waited 10-15 secs and then he pulled out a shifty and shot at me so I killed him.

Changed servers again and saw 2 people near the military base so I went to check it out. One guy was friendly but the other guy killed me as soon as I got close (even with me squeaking my clown horn :( ) then a random buzzard comes and starts spawn killing me again.

There's a few more I joined last night but for lengths sake I'll stop. It's frustrating how hard it is to find nice people lol I guess that's why this thread was made!

Again, anyone that wants to add me feel free psn: Matty-079

SwiftShooter27
  • SwiftShooter27

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:26 PM

I joined a lobby, heard explosions from my garage, though 'f*ck it'&drove out in my Adder.

Expecting to die, but instead found someone jump in the passenger seat, scream 'DRIVE' as he took out the people throwing sticky bombs at players.

I loved this guy.

SwiftShooter27 on PSN, Ask Questions First Shoot Never.

KingPancakes
  • KingPancakes

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 11:53 PM Edited by KingPancakes, 28 October 2013 - 11:53 PM.

May I mention the crew I just joined call LS Riot Makers? Im sure we wouldn't mind some more members :).

And I just want people to know it's not like I'm looking for a server where we don't kill eachother. Just toned down a bit or like once in a while we have an every man (or woman) for themselves free for all deathmatchover the entire map. That'd be awesome too. But whole sessions where we all know eachother and it stays fun is my ultimate goal.

I joined a lobby, heard explosions from my garage, though 'f*ck it'&drove out in my Adder.

Expecting to die, but instead found someone jump in the passenger seat, scream 'DRIVE' as he took out the people throwing sticky bombs at players.

I loved this guy.

SwiftShooter27 on PSN, Ask Questions First Shoot Never.

LOL awesome story!

Cats of Kliban
  • Cats of Kliban

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:48 AM

Another day ..another bunch of volunteer death ..lol.

People seem to be getting less greedy, or, maybe it is a matter of less fear/anger. Got killed about 20 times, but never more than a couple times by anyone. The craziest fun I've ever had in this game was tonight ..when I chased down everyone I could, only to spray them with a firetruck. Most people actually ran away, which was either just being nice, or a natural "I'm confused, so let's run" survival instinct.

I followed 3 guys for awhile that seemed to REALLY want a war, but I did nothing except eat snacks when they got up close. I think that actually pissed them off ..lol.

This "doing what people don't expect" bit is turning out to be more fun than any part of the regular game design ..so I'll be keeping on my path until otherwise motivated.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users