Quantcast

» «
Photo

Finally meeting friendlies in free roam!

177 replies to this topic
KimberJane
  • KimberJane

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:24 PM

^ All i took from that story is that you are a dick. There is a 'mean things you have done to other players' thread that would suit that tale better.

I concur :)

• Scumbaggah likes this

Touwe
  • Touwe

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:27 PM

Idk if it the bad sport lobbies finally pulling enough of those people out or if people are just getting bored with mindless killing but I too have been noticing more people not hell bent on shooting anything that moves.

Solid1000
  • Solid1000

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:30 PM

Add me on xbox, same username as on here, I'm also an only fire when fired upon kind of player. Missions, races, golf, general randomness im up for it.

STEWIE1701
  • STEWIE1701

Team Player

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:32 PM Edited by STEWIE1701, 25 October 2013 - 12:27 AM.

It is rather fun to team up with some stranger randomly.. To me, much more so than killing onsite.

Edit: Although I will say it is hard NOT to kill onsite after playing DayZ for so long.

WBaker
  • WBaker

Acatalepsis

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:53 PM

This spirit of peace and love seems out of place in gta. But hey, I like doing nice things. Now and then I remove people's cars from the impound for them.

B3ANTOWN B3A5T
  • B3ANTOWN B3A5T

Thug

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:48 AM Edited by B3ANTOWN B3A5T, 25 October 2013 - 01:01 AM.

^ All i took from that story is that you are a dick. There is a 'mean things you have done to other players' thread that would suit that tale better.

Dude you're acting like I full on attacked the guy from the jump. We were standing with and laughing at him for like 5 minutes before a shot was fired. He clearly didn't mind that we were calling mercenaries on him and toying with him, so I'm not sure why you're all bent out of shape about it.

He was almost daring us to troll him.

How can you not see the beauty in that?
  • Hamsterbaffle likes this

Hallgarth
  • Hallgarth

Prankster

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:08 AM

I once gave the Buzzard attack chopper to a guy with a bounty on him. It's really hard to do it as well, as he kept trying to flee (I would also, if a chopper with guns on it was following me). had to land it and run away. he eventually got in it and flew off.

Areacode8O8
  • Areacode8O8

Phuken Ninja

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:24 AM

We need a universal sign that lets other players know you're friendly when you approach them. I usually honk my horn and do donuts when I approach a random. It seems to calm their nerves for some reason.
We should pick one custom horn to only use for this purpose. Make it the universal sign that you mean no harm.

Clown horn for me works. And if they are in their car I hold the jerk button. That one seems to work too

Muse182
  • Muse182

Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:30 AM

I met a pretty cool French guy the other day. There was like three people chasing him out of LSC, I pulled up next to him and he got in my car. Managed to escape the guys chasing us then he got set a waypoint to his apartment. It was funny he was like rank 67 and he had the cheapest apartment. We went to his garage and he told me that his cars had all disappeared. I felt so bad but managed to give him a decent car that wasn't too hot to mod. Then went back to my apartment and invited everyone in the lobby lol. Must of had about 8 or 9 players just walking around.

I still feel a bit uncomfortable with that many people in my place, even knowing they can't do anything lol.

Revoemag
  • Revoemag

Playa

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:37 AM

I personally blame R* for not putting in some means of socializing; ie. A text chat option so we can communicate with others. Many don't have mics and mute those who do cuz of the noise.
How am I to tell said random guy that I'm a friendly?? Let's go play golf instead of shooting each other...
Some say use the phone to send text messages..problem there is that I need to know the name of the player..maybe I just wanted to send out a random invite to all..
As time goes on..we will start to find other fun things to do and a means to communicate..
Just a simple text window at the bottom of the screen..many games have done it so it can be done../world chat, /group chat,/personal chat...

Daemian
  • Daemian

Merryweather Security LTA

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:38 AM

Awesome! Yesterday at night I noticed a lot of players in one single spot, no one killing each other or anything. I went to look, and they all were in a rooftop ! I climbed up and it was awesome ! Until some guy in a Buzzard shoot us and we all kill him ! 

Too bad that some assholes shoot you and chase you for no reason, it's just not right.

R.R
  • R.R

Soldier

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:39 AM

I personally blame R* for not putting in some means of socializing; ie. A text chat option so we can communicate with others. Many don't have mics and mute those who do cuz of the noise.
How am I to tell said random guy that I'm a friendly?? Let's go play golf instead of shooting each other...
Some say use the phone to send text messages..problem there is that I need to know the name of the player..maybe I just wanted to send out a random invite to all..
As time goes on..we will start to find other fun things to do and a means to communicate..
Just a simple text window at the bottom of the screen..many games have done it so it can be done../world chat, /group chat,/personal chat...

There is text chat - use your phone.

Matty079
  • Matty079

Slammed Schwartzer Slidin

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:57 AM

I'm always down for cruising and mucking around. Feel free to add me on psn anyone that likes the same: Matty-079

KingPancakes
  • KingPancakes

Sortve have a life outside of video games, go easy

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:18 AM

So I just pretty much read this whole thread and it made me happy to know that I'm not the only person online that isn't a dickhead. Cuz he been randomly killed and attacked countless times for no reason jus trying to get from point a to point b. probly why I only do invite only sessions and am only a level 13 almost 14.

Anyone who wants to can Add me on psn for some back up or whatever :) Kingpancakes
  • Anatomical likes this

hvcciookay
  • hvcciookay

• Members
  • Wallis-And-Futuna

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:23 AM

I keep my killing down to DM and GTA races. Im too busy looking for rare cars or doing random FM events to be bothered with killing people. You dont get sh*t but a wanted level and wasted ammo.

Revoemag
  • Revoemag

Playa

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:31 AM

Coincidence that all of those that responded with stories of being nice all happen to be ps3 users...

Revoemag
  • Revoemag

Playa

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:36 AM Edited by Revoemag, 25 October 2013 - 03:37 AM.

There is text chat - use your phone.
That's text messaging...I'm talking about a text window.. One that everyone on the server can chat using...this idea is in plenty of MMO games..

chuckberry04
  • chuckberry04

Thug

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:02 AM

This guy in free mode, I couldnt believe it, he was brave..
So I came out of a mission, I moved a bit and then I was standing still cause I was on the XMB-menu, I saw a car approaching, he hesitated a bit but he then sounded the horn and came right next to me you'd say nothing special, but he had a bounty on him.. And he wasnt in the mission I was in. I thought it was pretty cool to see someone trying to interact which such a risk on him. I didnt kill of course, I never kill people who arent shooting at me, not even when they are provocing me.
  • Shakengandulf likes this

R.R
  • R.R

Soldier

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:06 AM

That's text messaging...I'm talking about a text window.. One that everyone on the server can chat using...this idea is in plenty of MMO games..

Plenty of MMO games using keyboards, yes.

I wouldn't be adverse to some form of global chat function, but it would have to be very well thought out without it turning into a mess.

Shakengandulf
  • Shakengandulf

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:16 AM

I did my good deed for the day, i dropped a little blackbird chopper off to a rank three fella, he looked so nervous when i landed next to him in the cloths store, i could see him looking out the window lol
I stood there with no weapons drawn and he ran out of the store two minutes later like a little crab and took it. I laughed so hard..
Im just glad he didn't shoot me down, he looked so excited.

Synthetrix
  • Synthetrix

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:00 AM

I was getting greifed so often that I just started shooting first and asking questions later, but it has been getting better with people not immediately firing on sight.

Velociraptorius
  • Velociraptorius

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:39 AM

Lately i took to being a friendly Cargobob pilot. This one time I was flying around and saw one of those supply crates about to land, so I snagged it with the Bob, located the lowest ranking player on the server, flew to his location and just dropped the crate next to him, then flew off. Not even sure if he can open the crates yet, since he shouldn't have met Ron/Trevor yet, but it's the thought that counts, right?

Another time I saw a guy running on foot on one of the dirt roads next to a river. Figured he must have drowned or otherwise wrecked his car, so I flew to the nearest street, picked up a passing SUV and dropped it off to him. Loved the way he stopped sprinting in front of the vehicle that just dropped out of the sky and looked at the chopper hovering above with sheer disbelief for several seconds before getting in and driving off. It's as if some people find it hard to believe not everyone online is a douche. 

• cwo-reynolds and like this

j0hn_d0e
  • j0hn_d0e

F*ck You Too

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:52 AM

After a race with randoms over at the prison - spawned back into freemode and spotted the race winner standing in the middle of the road with no ride or anything, hoored over to him and pulled up alongside - parped the horn and he got in, so gave him a lift back to the city..

Took him to my salubrious hangout before going and picking up a hooker together.

There's a lot to be said for not killing each other at first glance..... 

A Northern German
  • A Northern German

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:24 AM Edited by Preusse, 25 October 2013 - 08:27 AM.

I met a teacher guy and shot him with my sniper rifle. He camped in front if my apartment then, waited for his revenge kill. I said to him (message) that he has to wait forever for his revenge kill, left my garage, switched into passive mode and "danced" in front of him. He shot but of course he couldn't kill me with bullets. A few days later we met again in a race, he saw my name and left (well I guess it was because of me). Another few days later (3 days ago) we met each other again. I was in front of LS Customs in Rockford and he camped on a roof of a higher building, still tried to get his revenge kill. I noticed a dot pointing in my direction (I always watch out for snipers) and switched into passive mode immediately. He destroyed the vehicle I was sitting in with his sniper rifle and I said to him (message) something like "Ah it's you again, still want to get ur revenge kill?" (in German of course) and we sent some messages to each other then and became online buddies, after he asked me to snipe together. Now we are doing stuff together every day.

KingPancakes
  • KingPancakes

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:16 PM

Meeting a few more friendlies but there's still plenty o pricks out there too. Case in point: earlier today I was just doing the LSC glitch for a few extra dollars ( really I don't do the supercar one) and this other player happened to be trying to go in at the same time. So I backed up and started to leave so he could go in first, and he starts shooting at me and kills me in my car. FOR NO REASON.

So I go back to get my car and He's got cops on him now behind the LSC location. He gets in a cop car and runs me over as he's escaping! I swear I didn't do a thing to provoke him. Some people just don't play nice with others :-/.

Anyway, anyone looking to play with a mature over 18 adult, either for back up on some missions or to grind some rp and cash racing, add me to their psn: Kingpancakes.

Ps, I do have a headset but I don't always use it.

KingPancakes
  • KingPancakes

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:20 PM Edited by KingPancakes, 25 October 2013 - 10:22 PM.

Double post: please delete or disregard this one.

asdfkje
  • asdfkje

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:40 PM Edited by asdfkje, 25 October 2013 - 11:42 PM.

I got a rule which you could, I guess, call the "non douchebag rule" : I don't attack anyone who I've not seen kill someone on killfeed first. I do attack people who have bounties on their heads though, i figure they're warned by the game and they can watch out for themselves.

I used to essentially never attack anyone unless they attack me, but it seems when you're high level (100+) and drive a high end car, you kind of become a target... I used to get attacked like half the time, maybe less, now it's two thirds of the time more or less. People really go nuts when they see high levels and nice cars, earlier i had people wanting to blow up my z type at all costs just to troll me, even though I couldn't care less, they are the ones paying for it and risking to get bad sported. Go figure lol

That being said you can actually be nice to randoms and very often have fun with them, just pull up to them calmly and slowly, honk with a custom horn and have auto pistol at the ready if they're idiots, and things go alright most of the time. I've added quite a few randoms to my psn that I met just like that :p

• Hamsterbaffle likes this

Dave Rizza
  • Dave Rizza

AWC

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:41 AM

Actually met a few decent people in a session last night. One in particular appeared as i was doing a gang war and i immediately thought " Oh great...this dudes gonna start popping off at meh" but nope... he helped me clear out the last of the Merryweather mercs then went and grabbed a car whilst i was collecting the last of the cash etc. He came back and gave me a short lift to my car then we did an impromptu race back to the crib which was funny cause we both use the Richards Majestic....Then we chilled...Smoked bongs and called some strippers.

Not everyone is a dick ahaha

Prohibit
  • Prohibit

Lowered Customs

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:15 AM

These stories are good to hear. I have made some pretty good friends on here already, which is a relief. I have always played on Xbox and my friends all have Xbox, but I have GTAO on PS3 so I figured I would just be running around getting murdered all the time haha.

If anyone wants some good clean fun (gold,tennis,jobs,races,cruising,car-meets) just add me on PSN: Exoprox 

Thanks for sharing your stories!

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 01:17 AM

encounters with friendlies (if you are friendly) should increase the more you play, as bad sports are increasingly seperated from the good sports.

• Prohibit likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users