Quantcast

» «
Photo

Finally meeting friendlies in free roam!

178 replies to this topic
Scumbaggah
  • Scumbaggah

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:45 PM

Found a lvl 3 random noob who was trying to rob his first store but some douche kept spawn killing him so i drove over and killed the douche a few times til he fled, Helped the guy rob the store then took him in my Entity and chased the douche, Blew up his ride and then ran him over a few times til he left, Did a lap of the map, Drove back to my apartment and shouted him some cones, Got drunk and gave him a fully upgraded AR. He was loving it lol.
  • KimberJane, StupidAssHeadAss and s_aint like this

KimberJane
  • KimberJane

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:51 PM

I've bumped into a few randoms that have been friendly and it's great to see. Often we go off on races on the roads, rob a few stores etc. I will always go around in my car and if I see some random roaming around I will bib my horn hoping that's seen as a sign that I'm not looking to kill them. 

I'm on xbox as khaizarana74 if you're ever looking for some random fun of whatever :)

Still looking for a couple of people to meet up at the top of the map somewhere then do a freestyle race right down to the rollercoaster on the pier :) Winner gets some money reward maybe of 3k (I'm not rich yet, have just over 150k, no apartment yet).

KimberJane
  • KimberJane

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:52 PM

Found a lvl 3 random noob who was trying to rob his first store but some douche kept spawn killing him so i drove over and killed the douche a few times til he fled, Helped the guy rob the store then took him in my Entity and chased the douche, Blew up his ride and then ran him over a few times til he left, Did a lap of the map, Drove back to my apartment and shouted him some cones, Got drunk and gave him a fully upgraded AR. He was loving it lol.

Nice one :)

hallkjell
  • hallkjell

High roller

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:02 PM

I tried to find GTA Forums, but this thread is happy and positive, I must have taken a wrong turn somewhere!

• Corky McButterpants, Revoemag, StupidAssHeadAss and 3 others like this

s_aint
  • s_aint

Peon

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:06 PM

I noticed a few people getting into fights with the cops. Once I picked off a few cops (not sure if that helps them, or adds more stars to them) and then the little f*cker shot at me.

However I had a cool moment when some guy was getting followed by a helicopter. Seems the cop helicopter with the guns always spawns for me now, I decided to take down the helicopter for them and went on my merry way.

It's nice to occasionally NOT kill people and actually help them. I've only ever had one guy not attempt to kill me and did the good old honk and donuts.

• Mr. BROver likes this

aladdin85
  • aladdin85

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:19 PM Edited by aladdin85, 24 October 2013 - 03:20 PM.

you ledge. good on you mate

dvsntt
  • dvsntt

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:31 PM

That is so awesome!

My tale is thus: I had robbed a store early on in my game, I was probabbly a lvl 5 or lower. At some point in the chase, I had to flee my vehicle and was likely going to get killed really soon. Bu right then, a guy in a fast car zooms up and I run to his car and get in. He drives us away and hides us until the wanted level goes away. I shared the bounty with him, and then I got out and he took off to go save someone else no doubt.

Mr Fyn666
  • Mr Fyn666

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:40 PM

Had a great session earlier on when a lvl 130 player was in a tank being a d!ck and without much co-ordination the majority of the lobby got together and kicked his ass

Have to say the tank guy was very useful when on foot but it made me laugh out loud when this mass of white dots kept descending on him.

Only sour note was another player who took me out a couple of times while i was topping up my health, always 1 eh.

Still, it was just so much fun i could put up with the cheap medical bills (and thank god they have been reduced!)

Mr Fyn666
  • Mr Fyn666

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:43 PM

you ledge. good on you mate

^^^

Excellent work Sir - Must admit i tend to look out for low lvl players to check if they are being griefed on, I remember the days when I had to sleep rough in my car  :lol:

• Hamsterbaffle likes this

jdice1980
  • jdice1980

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:05 PM

Yeah...I guess I'm just not getting the good servers. I've yet to have a positive experience when I've come in contact with another player. 

I had just robbed a store and came out go a 2 star wanted level. I ducked into a dark spot and waited for the level to drop. About that time a guy comes along with the cops on his ass. He was having trouble driving and got rammed into a tight spot by a cop car that kept cornering him in. I really didn't want to waste some cops and get a bunch of stars, but I popped off the two cops in the car griefing him so he could get away. I watched his dot cruise up the screen as I hopped on my bike to begin losing stars and thought "wow...a grateful dude...nice." Just as I twisted the throttle "BAM." He had gone up the road u turned and come back and plowed me down. 

Anyway, I'm not giving up on finding some nice peeps to play this game with. I really don't see the point in being online and running around alone....

Anyone looking to wreck havoc hit me up on PS3: jdice1980 there

iPone
  • iPone

Super Thug

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:07 PM

I wish I trusted people enough to let them within auto aim range of me.

I agree I used to always try and give people a benefit of doubt but I would always ALWAYS get shot first now I kill anyone who comes around me as 9/10 people have bad intentions. 

Hamsterbaffle
  • Hamsterbaffle

Princeps

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:04 PM

I wish I trusted people enough to let them within auto aim range of me.

I agree I used to always try and give people a benefit of doubt but I would always ALWAYS get shot first now I kill anyone who comes around me as 9/10 people have bad intentions. 

Switch off your targeting computer and trust your feelings, Luke. Let the force be your guide. Turn off auto-aim.

MeGusta90
  • MeGusta90

I want a cool image under this sentence

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:05 PM

I love when random players start to "organize" events without saying a word.

I was in a session with about 9 other guys and they were all camped out on the highway fighting off cops with car blockades.

That sh*t was awesome.

SugarTxomo
  • SugarTxomo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:40 PM

I'd love to do this kind of things. Add me on PSN, my id is AlbertoLerena.

I'm usually a good guy and love doing stupid things like Bike-BASE-jumping. It's just at nights that my alter ego "Snipper (barber) on a Chopper" goes out hunting some bounties or being a complete dick shooting at the people that tries to get a Buzzard close to Sandy Shores.

A week ago I picked a player on my car and we went to a gang shootout close to the golf field... I started killing the bad boys and then he killed me, robbed my car and went away... it's hard to love humans in these moments.

I want to apologize to a guy called NorthPhilly1100_ that I killed like 20 times two days ago. I tried to be a good guy, but he kept chasing me again and again... and now I feel bad for it.

Velociraptorius
  • Velociraptorius

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:57 PM

You must be a more conscientious person than me. I did this high level mission with a rank 9 earlier today, basically dragged him through it (he used up both his lives), I finished it, we went back to free roam and he shot me in the back of the head with a pistol as soon as I spawned. I think pistol was all he had, and we spawned in the middle of nowhere with no vehicles nearby, so he had nowhere to run... and I had a sniper rifle. So you can probably predict the rest of the story, what happened as soon as I respawned some meters away. I stopped after capping him about 7 or so times, because it felt like a waste of ammo. This was the first time I really went all out on a player, but I don't regret it at all. Some people just need to be taught a lesson in respect. Maybe next time he'll think twice before pulling a gun on someone and everyone will be the happier for it. In the meanwhile, I'll keep looking for nice people 

Vosa
  • Vosa

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:29 PM

Haha good topic. I saw a red bounty dot close to me so I went over but decided not to kill him. He was in an alley obviously didn't trust me because he had a bounty so I backed up so he could get in and I didn't look like a threat and kept honking. We drove around killing the people that we after him. Both ended up getting bounties and hangin out in a parking garage defending ourselves. Way more fun than if I just capped him right when I saw him

Anatomical
  • Anatomical

Cranberries

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:35 PM Edited by Anatomical, 24 October 2013 - 09:37 PM.

Sometime when theres a bounty I go and kill the guy then give the money to the player. They are so surprised when I do that and we just chill around ls. Would be awesome to find more people like this on ps3

TrevorsMom
  • TrevorsMom

Wee wee pipe

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:38 PM

Stuff like this is embarrassing. I wouldn't take a second to put a bullet in your ass and repeatedly kill you as you spawned until you left the game.

• WBaker likes this

meetreez
  • meetreez

Peon

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:45 PM

Haha good topic. I saw a red bounty dot close to me so I went over but decided not to kill him. He was in an alley obviously didn't trust me because he had a bounty so I backed up so he could get in and I didn't look like a threat and kept honking. We drove around killing the people that we after him. Both ended up getting bounties and hangin out in a parking garage defending ourselves. Way more fun than if I just capped him right when I saw him

Nice! I've actually never done this before. This give me an idea, some time when I get a bounty, I'll tell all the players in the lobby that I'll pay double what the bounty's worth, if they help defend me. Could get a nice little turf war going. R* will just have to open up the ability to give money to other players.

meetreez
  • meetreez

Peon

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:48 PM Edited by meetreez, 24 October 2013 - 09:48 PM.

Stuff like this is embarrassing. I wouldn't take a second to put a bullet in your ass and repeatedly kill you as you spawned until you left the game.

Obvious troll is obvious. Not gonna let you bring my thread down. But just on a side-note: I'd butt rape you with a buzzard so hard, you'd taste engine lubricant for a week. Plus, I got mad homies in GTA just by being a nice guy. So I'm pretty sure that we could handle a little pipsqueak like you. Nice try though, work on those trollin' skills and one day you may graduate to Bowl of Gravy Guy status.

inphared
  • inphared

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:49 PM

It's rare but awesome when you do finally find someone who isn't "MUST SHOOT EVERYTHING ON SIGHT!". I had an encounter with a random the other day. Pulled up to him in my Entity, since he was low lvl and a sh*tty car, honked to invite him in and expected to get capped. Instead, he hops in and we go on a killing spree. Robbing stores, evading cops and killing all the other players on the server. Eventually we got a Buzzard, flew to Zancudo and both stole some jets. Pretty hilarious with two jets flying around and bombing everyone, it was a good hour or so.

Em_Kayz
  • Em_Kayz

Legend

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:53 PM

I'm kind and enjoy playing! :) PSN - Em-Kayz

zep333
  • zep333

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:03 PM

Last couple nights I've run into some pretty cool randoms. It is definitely a blast to team up with someone to go do cool stuff with

Jmacz
  • Jmacz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:10 PM

Usually, if someone comes close to me I kill them from a lack of trust. But I decided to be ballsy last night and roll around in my Mesa playing the horn tune over and over again. Me and one guy ended up spinning our tires back to back, combined my red, and his blue tire smoke before we both decided to just drive off. And later, I found 3 cars coming out of a garage at the same time who decided to roll around with me for a while, also playing their horns.

The one guy who did try and kill me, ran away so I followed him and ran him over when he tried to get his personal vehicle from the insurance place (I didn't blow it up), then I did it one more time to make sure he would leave me alone and drove off.

howboutdemboyz91
  • howboutdemboyz91

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:26 PM

So nice to run into this!!! Add me on PSN please -- howboutdemboyz91  Yes im a Cowboys fan but not looking to get into a sports argument lol

The_Big_Lebowski
  • The_Big_Lebowski

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:36 PM Edited by The_Big_Lebowski, 24 October 2013 - 10:38 PM.

Nice! 

If u wanna add me BigLebowski2000 (ps3).

It's mostly young kids who behave annoying. 

cml41
  • cml41

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:38 PM

Not to stereotype but people who, I've encountered, are the unfriendliest and shoot on sight are usually "south of the border". Followed by the Red Coats across the pond.
Friendliest are probably African Americans.

B3ANTOWN B3A5T
  • B3ANTOWN B3A5T

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:02 PM Edited by B3ANTOWN B3A5T, 24 October 2013 - 11:09 PM.

A friend and I were failing at grabbing a jet from Zancudo, so upon dieing the last of many deaths I decided to browse the car website. It spawned me in the swamp adjacent to the base and I just stood there on my phone.

The same friend came wandering over to see what the hell I was doing in the swamp, which prompted me to exit the in-game internet and as soon as I did that a random online player (dressed in jeans, a leather jacket, and the aviator-looking headphones) came walking casually up to us, in the middle of the damn swamp.

So now all three of us are standing there staring at eachother, with my friend and I already laughing at this random player, while simultaneously speculating on his intentions.

The three of us eventually walk onto the dirt road that runs between the base and the swamp. The random gives us a few more glances, then starts WALKING about 100 yards down the dirt road towards the nearby bridge.

Who the hell just walks around in a GTA game in the middle of nowhere? It was as if his run button was broken.

We have places to go, money to make, and races to win. This guy seemed to want nothing of all that, and was just out for a stroll in the country. It was comedy gold. So, what else could we do but snipe him out?

He respawns and now we have ARs at the ready for his assumed counter attack. HE COMES STROLLING UP TO US AGAIN AND JUST STANDS THERE.

At this point my friend and I lost it. With so much aggression in this game, it was just really comical to see a happy-go-lucky player nonchalantly moving about, without that signature online blood lust for revenge.

My pal wanted the Mercenary jeep, so he called Lester and hired the Mercenaries to kill our random stranger. We sat as the guy watched the mercenaries come for him and blow him away. My friend grabs the jeep and we're ready to roll out, but wait.... there's a third passenger- THE GUY WE JUST HAD WHACKED, GETS IN THE JEEP!!!

We couldn't believe it. The laughter is prolonged and deep. This guy had made my night already.. but there's much more to come.

Flash to LS customs, back in the city, and we're all still in the jeep watching my friend customize his new toy. I deciede I need a jeep of my own, so my pal pulls out of LSC and both the random and I jump out. I call mercenaries and unleash them on our same unlucky random, and by the time they come the random is attempting to leave the LSC parking lot in a futo, but my friend has him boxed in against a wall with the jeep.

Mercenaries kill random. I get my jeep. End of story right?

The guy gets in my new jeep that I just had him killed for. This is getting strange, and, of course, funnier with every passing minute.

I customize my jeep and roll to the sky diving heli pads near the marina. I "borrow" a chopper, and fly atop one of the skyscrapers, with our random riding shotgun. My friend had gone off to his garage at this point.

Upon landing the helo, I get out and take off running in an attempt to get the random to follow. He does. I immediately run back and take off. The poor random is trying to get back in as I ascend.

I swing my chopper over the edge and pivot around to come nose to nose with the random. We sit there for a second, me hovering, and him just starting at me from the edge as if to sadly ponder "Why are you leaving me?"

I pull back and he jumps off, parachuting down to the street below. I give chase and once he's landed, hover just over his head. Unbeknownst to me (I was in a daze over this uncanny random), my friend had shown back up and was on foot.

It occurred to me that I had not diced anyone up with the chopper blades before, so with this random being a seemingly willing candidate, I flew head on into him. He was brutally and fatally sliced up, but my buddy had been standing near him so I killed them both by accident.

I soared away laughing. That was the last time I saw Mr.Random but I won't soon forget him. It was one of the funniest/ most interesting/confusing moments I've had in any game, ever.

Scumbaggah
  • Scumbaggah

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:13 PM Edited by Scumbaggah, 24 October 2013 - 11:16 PM.

^ All i took from that story is that you are a dick. There is a 'mean things you have done to other players' thread that would suit that tale better.
  • Hamsterbaffle, SingingTrout85 and mikabango like this

cml41
  • cml41

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:16 PM Edited by cml41, 24 October 2013 - 11:22 PM.

All I took from that is I have a short attention span...or ADD cause I just saw how long it was and skipped it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users