Quantcast

» «
Photo

Finally meeting friendlies in free roam!

178 replies to this topic
meetreez
  • meetreez

Peon

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:46 PM

I've been noticing a lot more people trying to get together, and play the game properly! Today I met some random dude in free roam, and we didn't shoot at each other! It was great! Did some drag races with our cars, went to one of the parks and did the half-pipe and a few gnarly grinds on some BMX bikes that we found. Robbed a couple stores, played some golf. Got into a shootout with some other randoms, who y formed a posse and ended up chasing us around the map. We were on the train, and they were coming at us in their cars. I got some pretty cool pictures too.

0_0.jpgHittin' the links.

0_0.jpgBuddy showing off his car at the park.

0_0.jpg

Displaying our cars

0_0.jpg

Half-pipe photos0_0.jpg0_0.jpg

• World Champion, Brooksburgh, Saint. and 2 others like this

WrathPhoenix
  • WrathPhoenix

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:48 PM

Good style, i like it. Let me know if you ever want to hang in online if you are on PS3. PSN is WrathPhoenix. 

meetreez
  • meetreez

Peon

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:51 PM

I'll add you next time I fire up the PS3.

Brooksburgh
  • Brooksburgh

Satire

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:53 PM

I've had that once or twice. It is a treat because it is uncommon.

1daymember
  • 1daymember

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:06 PM

Same here. Today I flipped my car over and noticed someone coming at me (bro). I thought "this will be an easy kill for this guy" but instead he tipped my car over for me and left. Couldn't believe it.

D. Bigalow
  • D. Bigalow

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:11 PM

The other night two players let me into my garage without killing. They then tried to kill me on my way out which didn't work out for either of them. So unfortunately that was enough to remind me it's always shoot on sight. Wish passive mode did work differently. Would just help distinguish friendly players.

Dave Rizza
  • Dave Rizza

AWC

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:14 PM

If you ever see me on Xbox ( my Gtag is o0o The Riz o0o ) and you dont instantly try and kill me for no reason then ill be cool as a motherf*ck*r with you too. Hell... i might even direct you to a 100% guarenteed Felon spawn ;)

lemurbeamur
  • lemurbeamur

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:17 PM

I think it'd be a cool idea if passive mode temporarily "phased" you into a world with only players that had passive mode on also. I mean the purpose of passive mode is if you want to lay low, accomplish something without getting merked in the process. Kind of defeats the purpose if you can still get killed from inside a car or being run over.

Pertaining to the topic on hand though, I'm definitely one of those guys. I don't like to shoot first, I usually give people the benefit of the doubt (obviously cost me my life many times) but occasionally you run into the good sort who just wanna f*ck around. 

If you're looking for another cool dude to mess around in freemode who won't shoot you for no reason, hit me up. My username is my PSN.

StoNeS29
  • StoNeS29

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:18 PM

I started one of the gang wars at the construction building there near downtown.  Saw several white dots heading my way and figured it was going to be on but they actually came in and helped make quick work of the remaining gang members then left.  I was completely surprised.

• s_aint likes this

cyberr85
  • cyberr85

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:36 PM

Ya its cool when you get that but never let your guard down U nvr know when that ass will shoot ya like just now I could of run the guy over just standing there but instead I pulled around him and into the lsc that's when he decide to blow me up , so its hard not to just kill everyone on sight

TiraTequila
  • TiraTequila

One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor.

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:43 PM

I wish I trusted people enough to let them within auto aim range of me.
  • iPone likes this

Kromix
  • Kromix

Peon

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:47 PM

thumbs up from here - the random killing gets old for even the most avid shooter, and people will start and come together more ...

M16A3 TryHard
  • M16A3 TryHard

Carbine Rifle Tryhard

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:49 PM

I was waiting on Pedro (my mechanic) to deliver my car to me. 

I saw a guy barreling down towards. He decides to swerve and miss me on purpose and proceed to customize his car.

I sent him "thx mail."

• JamesMorgan likes this

JamesMorgan
  • JamesMorgan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:50 PM

Awesome. That's the main reason I joined "friendlies" crew. Know at least one person in lobby are not gonna attack as you drive past

Anatomical
  • Anatomical

Cranberries

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:53 PM

this is rare but i always have my ap pistol equipped when in my car and if i hear one shot come from their gun then i shoot. i lose some health but i usually kill them before they can kill me. it's great when a player decides to cooperate with you

Scumbag_Dave
  • Scumbag_Dave

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:57 PM

Yeah I'm one of those guys. I don't like to kill first, I actually kinda find it funny to walk up to people and just do nothing. But if they shoot me then it's on.

I'll admit that it's rare, most of the time they do shoot me, maybe they think I'm a threat, I don't know. But the few times I have met friendlies:

1. One guy just kept running (not walking) around in circles. He'd stop to admire the ocean and then keep running around in circles again. 

2. One guy showed me his apartment and cars in his garage, and then we just did heaps of missions together. Even when we failed heaps of times we kept trying until we finished the mission.

3. One guy and I just drove around aimlessly lol.

I always appreciate those who are mature enough not to just kill randomly. 

• Alex Francisco likes this

Jvalor
  • Jvalor

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:00 PM

Yeah, I was off-roading in my Merryweather Mesa in Blaine county and somehow managed to get it stuck between two rocks. Heard a helicopter and saw a Cargobob hovering over me. I was like, "Oh hell no" so I threw a couple sticky bombs on his Cargobob and just waited to see him try and grab my Mesa and fly off with it.. luckily I didn't detonate because he picked up my Mesa and placed it perfectly on the road next to me, and flew off.

I.was.shocked.like.woah
  • SingingTrout85 likes this

Buckledown
  • Buckledown

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:04 PM

I have recruited a few random players online that played well with others. Not sure why more people are not like this. If anyone wants to game on PS3 let me know. I'm in. PSN TmoTyler. 

Mr Fyn666
  • Mr Fyn666

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:11 PM

I was involved in a 3 way battle today and 1 of the guys was very good taking me out 7-2. I sent him a message admiring his tactical/shooting abilities and he replied "good game"

He spawned next to me when he got killed, saluted and  then we teamed up together to take out the other guy who was committing suicide so he could spawn kill (hate that!)

After the griefer left we saluted once more and went our separate ways. Thats why I love this game, you never know what or who is around the corner  :lol:

Velociraptorius
  • Velociraptorius

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:22 PM

Yeah, I have a "never shoot first" mentality too. Actually, maybe it's just dumb luck, but I meet friendly players quite often. It's like a 50/50 chance for me. Then again, I usually check the session "quality" as soon as I join, from the safety of my apartment. I take a quick look at the map and if I see a bunch of player dots in close vicinity, yet see no kills on the killfeed, that generally means that most people on the server are the more cooperative kind. If I see the killfeed going crazy, however, or most of the dots seperated with vast distance, I usually try to find a new session.

• Hamsterbaffle likes this

meetreez
  • meetreez

Peon

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:35 PM

Yeah, I have a "never shoot first" mentality too. Actually, maybe it's just dumb luck, but I meet friendly players quite often. It's like a 50/50 chance for me. Then again, I usually check the session "quality" as soon as I join, from the safety of my apartment. I take a quick look at the map and if I see a bunch of player dots in close vicinity, yet see no kills on the killfeed, that generally means that most people on the server are the more cooperative kind. If I see the killfeed going crazy, however, or most of the dots seperated with vast distance, I usually try to find a new session.

I do this as well. Another good sign that a server is generally friendly is if you don't hear explosions from you apartment window. Lol.

I was involved in a 3 way battle today and 1 of the guys was very good taking me out 7-2. I sent him a message admiring his tactical/shooting abilities and he replied "good game"

He spawned next to me when he got killed, saluted and  then we teamed up together to take out the other guy who was committing suicide so he could spawn kill (hate that!)

After the griefer left we saluted once more and went our separate ways. Thats why I love this game, you never know what or who is around the corner  :lol:

It's like a box of chocolates... :p

These are some great stories! Loving where this thread is going.

• StupidAssHeadAss likes this

Velociraptorius
  • Velociraptorius

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:13 PM

I'll be in the game soon, add me if you like. Could use a few decent people on my ps3 friendlist. My psn nick is Velociraptorius, same as here, I think

Velociraptorius
  • Velociraptorius

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:47 PM

To bump this topic, I'll tell a story of a random I met yesterday.

Basically I was farting around in a full session when I stumbled upon a Cargobob. Figured I'd give it a shot. So I followed some players around, waiting to see what their reactions could be. Some guy was in a 3 star chase, so I rammed the helicopter that was chasing him, then picked up a police car from a roadblock and carried it around as I was following him. Eventually he drove into a tunnel and that was the end of that. I met a few hostile ones who attempted to shoot me too.

And then there I was flying around downtown when I saw one of the players park right beneath me and honk. Seemed as though he WANTED to be picked up, which is what I did. I flew him on top of the tallest building, dropped him off at the helipad and landed the Bob. We swapped, he took the Bob and I took his (personal) car. Must have been a REALLY trustworthy player. I texted him "yolo" and drove off the building. Managed to land intact, although his personal vehicle got a MASSIVE dent on the back.

After that we proceeded to swap places, with one flying the chopper and the other sitting in a car under the Bob, as we dropped one another from great heights in various places. Eventually his car was lost after landing in one of the ponds in the LS golf club, and the Bob got busted after hazardous flying and one too many landing (I swear I can't land that thing without a huge thud no matter how gently I try). Anyway, all this was done with no voice chat or planning whatsoever, just the occasional text message. Needless to say, this random ended up on my friends list and this whole random activity made my day. 

• AgelessDisaster likes this

OffroadRunner
  • OffroadRunner

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:57 PM

I think for the majority of people who when you see them they just start blasting is the same reason they're shooting first. Not to be a dick, but to kill you before you kill them. I know a lot of people also just like to troll and kill people, which I can be guilty of at times. But for the most part I like riding my crotchrocket around and finding others on bikes. But usually I get killed as soon as I pull up, and of course 90% of the people online don't have mics, so saying what's up man never works.

The Real SpitKing
  • The Real SpitKing

Higher than You

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:13 PM

I wish i could find a session like this. Looks like good times for sure

James_Rogers
  • James_Rogers

Prankster

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:16 PM

I only kill people who don't speak English.

I can't stand their squeaky voices coincided with a horrid language.

ENGERLAND and 'Murica Unite.

Ryan_Codebreaker
  • Ryan_Codebreaker

Big Boss

• Members
  • Macedonia

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:22 PM

Met this dude who seemed friendly, invited me to his apartment and all that.  Then he leaves.  A few mins later he puts a hit on me. 

So in response I put 3 hits out on him at $10k each :)

Malderon
  • Malderon

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:25 PM

(ps3) Add me on skype: Malderon, if you wanna play, I am friendly player, never betray aka shoot only enemies :).  Just lvl 9 though but getting there :p.

IROCZFOX
  • IROCZFOX

Trick

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:33 PM

We need a universal sign that lets other players know you're friendly when you approach them. I usually honk my horn and do donuts when I approach a random. It seems to calm their nerves for some reason.

We should pick one custom horn to only use for this purpose. Make it the universal sign that you mean no harm.
  • Hamsterbaffle and s_aint like this

lannydee
  • lannydee

Peon

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:44 PM

yyayyy nice  people

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users