Quantcast

» «
Photo

is it going to be all the same thing again?

42 replies to this topic
woggleman
  • woggleman

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:50 PM

One is code named: GTA Killer, just to give you an idea.

:lol: What is it with you and this?

I can't even find sh*t on Google about a game codenamed that. I do respect GTA's competition (e.g Watch Dogs, Saints Row) and feel it's necessary, but a game that codenames itself to try and destroy a rival? I need a source to believe it.

I cannot give a source right yet, but don't worry. It's coming. I have a very close friend who's family member is part of the team working on it. He tells me little things and I'm very ecited by what was told. This is no BS. Next year you'll know exactly what I was talking about because it will be announced. I can't tell no more than that. It's serious and high quality. I can't wait to see it.

I'm fine with competition, but I'm not interested in it if the game and it's fanbase are just going to brag about and compare it it GTA. I just want to enjoy games without childish people starting wars over them.

Exactly. I want a game that is great on it's own merits and is not trying to be a GTA killa. 

Noclue_42
  • Noclue_42

How much for the ape?!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:58 PM

oh look...carl made yet another thread to tell us how GTA is over with and should go home....so surprising....NOT

Soadisthebest
  • Soadisthebest

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:07 PM

I know a guy who knows a guy that works for Rockstar. Infact he's the vice president of the bullsh*t department at their offices. He says the next GTA will be top notch.

archiebunker
  • archiebunker

Working Class Hero

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:37 PM

Stop this quote train, I want to get off.

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:53 AM

Unless R* get innovative again with GTA 6, they will be left behind on next gen because there are other open-world crime games coming. One is code named: GTA Killer, just to give you an idea. If R* brings the same boring crap to the table again then they're done. Many other dev's are about to get some of that GTA-ish open world money. And these games won't be like Sants Row either. A lot better quality and physics. GTA & R* are in trouble in the future. But it's good for us. We won't be dependant on R* anymore and have to wait 6-8 years betyween games as we'll have "other options" --good options that will rival R*'s GTA in every way. I can't wait.

Is there really an open-world crime game, codenamed "GTA Killer" ?? Are you for real ?? Seriously bro, if so I wanna know more. 

I wouldn't lie about something like this and neither would this guy I know. I'm just simply telling a little of what he told me. I seriously doubt that the developer would ever let the public know that they call it GTA Killer. Some of what I know is that the physics were inspired by IV's and a couple other games. The crash model is based of, or a version of, the popular crash model that has been shown a million times here and all over Youtube. That's what excited me.

I also know for a fact that they have PS4/XOne dev tool kits and have pioneered a way to get real-world textures at a smaller or equal size of what's being used now, and the graphics supposed to be pretty wicked. But who knows? The game could come out and be worse than Saints Row. I doubt it though, because of who is working on it. All I know is that too many dev's have sit by and watched R* rake in billions and they want some of that demographic. It will be good for us either way.

KING2dor
  • KING2dor

Lingo Extraordinary

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:59 AM

Next gen consoles are more similar to PC so they will be easier to work with. Now it depends mostly on the engine choice. It could be that Rockstar will just update RAGE or maybe develop a completely new engine.
If they stay with RAGE then they already know the engine and won't have problems making a good game with plenty of content. If they make a new engine they may have to either delay the game while working on other titles trough which they will perfect the engine, or make a game with less polished feature.
Either way, IV was a HUGE step forward from SA. There will NEVER be another step as huge as that one was. The graphics will have more polygons and more shaders.. but the jump won't be nowhere near what they did between SA and IV. Then there were animation updates with them using Euphoria for the first time in IV and it gave them a lot of problems. Now they know how it all works and won't have those problems either.
All in all, I would expect the next GTA to be pretty similar to V and even if it does take away a few things, I think it will have a whole bunch of features to be more fun than IV was.

I don't think IV was that big of a step up from San Andreas...

Still a game where you steal cars and shoot people except with added physics, car damage modeling and boring mini games like bowling replacing crime simulation like Burglary

That's it

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:38 AM

Next gen consoles are more similar to PC so they will be easier to work with. Now it depends mostly on the engine choice. It could be that Rockstar will just update RAGE or maybe develop a completely new engine.
If they stay with RAGE then they already know the engine and won't have problems making a good game with plenty of content. If they make a new engine they may have to either delay the game while working on other titles trough which they will perfect the engine, or make a game with less polished feature.
Either way, IV was a HUGE step forward from SA. There will NEVER be another step as huge as that one was. The graphics will have more polygons and more shaders.. but the jump won't be nowhere near what they did between SA and IV. Then there were animation updates with them using Euphoria for the first time in IV and it gave them a lot of problems. Now they know how it all works and won't have those problems either.
All in all, I would expect the next GTA to be pretty similar to V and even if it does take away a few things, I think it will have a whole bunch of features to be more fun than IV was.

Still a game where you steal cars and shoot people except with added physics, car damage modeling and boring mini games like bowling replacing crime simulation like Burglary

That's it

And V downgraded the physics, the car damage and scrapped those boring mini games like Bowling in favor of a more appropriate activity, yoga :3 Ohhhhhhhh Rockstar, you know my tastes so well ! :)

Lil ski
  • Lil ski

Hawai'i 5-O

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:56 AM

Unless R* get innovative again with GTA 6, they will be left behind on next gen because there are other open-world crime games coming. One is code named: GTA Killer, just to give you an idea. If R* brings the same boring crap to the table again then they're done. Many other dev's are about to get some of that GTA-ish open world money. And these games won't be like Sants Row either. A lot better quality and physics. GTA & R* are in trouble in the future. But it's good for us. We won't be dependant on R* anymore and have to wait 6-8 years betyween games as we'll have "other options" --good options that will rival R*'s GTA in every way. I can't wait.

Yeah and BF4 used to be called Codename: "f*ck you Call of Duty!"

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:03 AM

Problem is those other sandbox games don't even come near the success of a GTA game and won't come in the near future, so it doesn't really matter if the next title will be innovative or not. GTA & R* will be in trouble? Hilarious, that's what they said about the COD series few years ago already but sales are dropping just now... slowly...too slow IMO.

Actually this isn't completely true.  There is Mafia II, which IMO has one of the most immersive story line, deepest rpg, and most historically accurate open world crime game to date.  Had Mafia 2 added all the content that came with DLC like Joe's Adventures and Jimmy's Vendetta, added more sandbox variety side missions/random events around the map, then Mafia II would have definitely rivaled GTA IV in terms of game play.

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:20 AM

The excuse for IV lacking content was actually mostly that it was on a new engine. The next GTA should have more content than even V if R* is smart.

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:37 AM

That's it

I was talking about the technical side, not the gameplay. The basic gameplay has barely changed anything since GTA I. The gaphics, physics, animations, cover system, driving, interaction with the world, pedestrians... all of that was technically much improved from SA to IV and I'm saying we won't see that kind of a big jump ever again.

Actually this isn't completely true.  There is Mafia II, which IMO has one of the most immersive story line, deepest rpg, and most historically accurate open world crime game to date.  Had Mafia 2 added all the content that came with DLC like Joe's Adventures and Jimmy's Vendetta, added more sandbox variety side missions/random events around the map, then Mafia II would have definitely rivaled GTA IV in terms of game play.

Mafia games were both great, but they never knew how to make proper free roam. In those games you get into the story, complete it, and then there's nothing left. I kind of consider them linear games set in an open world as there is nothing to make you want go in and just roam the world. That is their major flaw.

Huffin-Puffin
  • Huffin-Puffin

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:50 AM

Are you seriously suggesting that after Rockstar made a billion dollars with their new GTA game that someone else might try to copy them and make a better open world game to steal some of that audience? Really?! I for one couldn't possibly imagine a world where idiot executives greenlight copycat games based on the success of a big game, giving them stupid code names and ensuring people that they'll be "like GTA but loads better. That whole scenario just sounds too far fetched to be real.

As a less sarcastic aside, the original Killzone's code name was something along the lines of "Halo Killer". And we all remember how Killzone's became the biggest FPS franchise in the world and Halo was just a distant memory, right guys?

Guys?

mariana_dm1989
  • mariana_dm1989

Mari

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:20 AM

hopefully not

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users