Unable to load saved data for character 1

13 replies to this topic
SHarm
  • SHarm

Reincarnation of Tommy Vercetti

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:04 PM

Ok what do I do not to get my character deleted

Press retry, press cancel, press continue or to turn my xbox off?

SHarm
  • SHarm

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:07 PM

f*ck it just going to restart my
Xbox

SHarm
  • SHarm

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:11 PM

It's still giving me the same f*cking message fml

BurningBalls
  • BurningBalls

The furthest minion of the Crimson King

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:19 PM

Don't press retry, don't create a new character which will overwrite the old one.

Just wait until the Rockstar cloud servers are back.

don ovdi' island
  • don ovdi' island

дрэдлоксъ

• Members
  • Ethiopia

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:20 PM

Don't press retry, don't create a new character which will overwrite the old one.

Just wait until the Rockstar cloud servers are back.

SHarm
  • SHarm

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:21 PM

Alright thanks, I heard that if you press anything it
Deletes the character that's why I needed your help

BenMillard
  • BenMillard

aka Cerbera

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:49 PM

I pressed Circle for 'Cancel' and it returned me to Story Mode.

Left it to have dinner.

Returned about 30 minutes later and it loaded up no problems.

Hope this helps.

GTAVTheHeat
  • GTAVTheHeat

I can't picture life without a point of view..

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:15 PM

Retry retry retry, worked for me. If not, then sign out, turn off console and try again.

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 November 2013 - 04:55 PM Edited by xXGst0395Xx, 23 November 2013 - 04:55 PM.

Sh*t, I've just got this error message, I pressed Retry and it brought me to to character creation screen. Upon this, I instantly returned to Story Mode. My character better not have disappeared, this shows why they should store character data on your hard drive and not some sh*tty server that is prone to glitching out at any given moment.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 23 November 2013 - 04:57 PM

If you still have this issue and you are part of a crew.. Leave the crew via social club.

My friends character could not load.  He thought is was corrupted, until he left the crew 4 days latter.  BAM! then it loaded.

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 November 2013 - 05:00 PM

If you still have this issue and you are part of a crew.. Leave the crew via social club.

My friends character could not load.  He thought is was corrupted, until he left the crew 4 days latter.  BAM! then it loaded.

It's alright mate, I just restarted my console, my character is fine.

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 23 November 2013 - 05:00 PM

Sh*t, I've just got this error message, I pressed Retry and it brought me to to character creation screen. Upon this, I instantly returned to Story Mode. My character better not have disappeared, this shows why they should store character data on your hard drive and not some sh*tty server that is prone to glitching out at any given moment.

Not really.  The real issues seems to be not enough back up saves on clouds part.

A lot of online games with saves on their end do that, so if a problem arises it just rolls back to a few saves ago.   Cloud seems to have a one and done thing going.  Which is retarded.

GabbyGums
  • GabbyGums

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 05:05 PM Edited by GabbyGums, 23 November 2013 - 05:06 PM.

Easy fix. Turn on your system> Go into Settings> Network Settings> Disable Internet Connection.
After that you Enable Internet Connection> Back out to home screen> Start GTA:O> Enjoy

This fix works for many GTA:O problems. Like when the game keeps freezing randomly 5 min in to playing it. When characters don't load, or when the cloud is down for just you.

grand theft spaghetti
  • grand theft spaghetti

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:18 PM

don't do this

Easy fix. Turn on your system> Go into Settings> Network Settings> Disable Internet Connection.
After that you Enable Internet Connection> Back out to home screen> Start GTA:O> Enjoy

This fix works for many GTA:O problems. Like when the game keeps freezing randomly 5 min in to playing it. When characters don't load, or when the cloud is down for just you.

otherwise you will have to keep doing it every time you want to play. I know because that's my was the only way I could get the game to load. since the special event the cloud has been unavailable and today I got this bs message about character one slot didn't load.

my character has always been set to character slot 2 since day one. please rockstar for the love of god stop screwing around with this game. maybe take some refresher courses on how to make a game work.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users