Photo

Car unlocks are too difficult

30 replies to this topic
TuXedo_Man
  • TuXedo_Man

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:03 PM

I find the amouunt of races needed to win are too high.However thats not the main problem. Problem is you have to be 1st.It's quite hard considering that everyone wants to play mario kart.This just encourages people to farm for these unlocks and thats not very fun.What do you think?

Please don't go Oh you suck and all.I just want good opinions thnks. :beerhat:

R.R
  • R.R

Soldier

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:04 PM

Eh, I haven't had any trouble at all unlocking just about everything for my cars (i'm level 66 atm I think).

I don't think the requirements are too high, I just think you're a little impatient.

soldat89
  • soldat89

Peon

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:05 PM

I agree, unlocks should require a top 3 placement in races instead of first

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:05 PM

Trade wins. Not glamorous, but gets the job done.

Gibbzy101
  • Gibbzy101

DO ONE!

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:06 PM

I find the amouunt of races needed to win are too high.However thats not the main problem. Problem is you have to be 1st.It's quite hard considering that everyone wants to play mario kart.This just encourages people to farm for these unlocks and thats not very fun.What do you think?

Please don't go Oh you suck and all.I just want good opinions thnks. :beerhat:

Trade wins with me if you like. if you're on xbox?

biggsull
  • biggsull

Foot Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:06 PM

Race unmodified regular non GTA races on down the drain in the open sewer system.. short ring track and everyones on an even level without horsesh*t rockets and such.

Ninjambie
  • Ninjambie

I got riders... you know who you are.

• Members
  • Puerto-Rico

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:08 PM

This looks like another example of people wanting everything with little to no effort :/

downants
  • downants

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:08 PM

Omg, you want everything delivered to you on a silver plate? Just find somebody to trade wins with if it's too hard. And by the way, after winning 50 races I unlocked all car parts, I didn't have to every class on their own.

JOEBEEZ
  • JOEBEEZ

Fanny Bandit

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:14 PM

Come on it is not hard to come first in a smaller race with 3-5 people.

In the lobby see what vehicles are being used and the track layout,

Pick a car based on what you saw. Highway race go for top speed, street circuit/backstreets go for traction and acceleration.

Learn how to consistently turbo boost, there are plenty of tutorials on youtube

Learn some basic driving techniques (racing lines, slow in/fast out, clipping points, anticipating the next corner, understeer/oversteer etc)

You won't win everytime, but you will win. My record is average at 19 wins and 20 losses, but at least I have the basic mods and the turbo unlocked.

TuXedo_Man
  • TuXedo_Man

Crackhead

• Members

Omg, you want everything delivered to you on a silver plate? Just find somebody to trade wins with if it's too hard. And by the way, after winning 50 races I unlocked all car parts, I didn't have to every class on their own.

It was just my opinion no need to diss on others,thnks for your opininon though

Jgagnon10
  • Jgagnon10

Rat

• Members

Poor baby

sam1ches
  • sam1ches

1st day millionaire

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:15 PM

If you race super cars you unlock mods for all classes. OMG SPOILER ALERT

TuXedo_Man
  • TuXedo_Man

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:15 PM

Eh, I haven't had any trouble at all unlocking just about everything for my cars (i'm level 66 atm I think).

I don't think the requirements are too high, I just think you're a little impatient.

mMaybe i am a bit impatient haha.I just dont have enough time to lvl up to lvl 66.Thnks though :)

TuXedo_Man
  • TuXedo_Man

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:17 PM Edited by TuXedo_Man, 23 October 2013 - 04:18 PM.

Poor baby

Does that make you feel better on the inside?I hope ypu are happy.I just asked for your opinions.No need to act immature.Thanks for viewing this post nonetheless Have a great day sir

TuXedo_Man
  • TuXedo_Man

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:19 PM

Come on it is not hard to come first in a smaller race with 3-5 people.

In the lobby see what vehicles are being used and the track layout,

Pick a car based on what you saw. Highway race go for top speed, street circuit/backstreets go for traction and acceleration.

Learn how to consistently turbo boost, there are plenty of tutorials on youtube

Learn some basic driving techniques (racing lines, slow in/fast out, clipping points, anticipating the next corner, understeer/oversteer etc)

You won't win everytime, but you will win. My record is average at 19 wins and 20 losses, but at least I have the basic mods and the turbo unlocked.

I got my unlocks lol.I just wondered if others found it too be hard.Sounds like you can race haha

Themonsterhunter
  • Themonsterhunter

Bounty Hunter

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:19 PM

Call them crazy, but R* actually wants you to play for longer than a few weeks to unlock some of the better items.

• Jgagnon10 likes this

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:23 PM

Doesn't matter what kind of vehicle you race.

DirtyT
  • DirtyT

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:24 PM

How have you not realised that by 'class' it refers to land, sea and air?

5HT2a
  • 5HT2a

Trick

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:46 PM

How have you not realised that by 'class' it refers to land, sea and air?

Prior to the 1.04 patch, muscle cars and motorcycles counted as their own separate class. Now everything is the same, but all of my cars are a little bit ahead of my Bravado Gauntlet in terms of available upgrades. 

I don't own a motorcycle yet, but I am sure that this class is furthest behind, as I suck at motorcycle racing. 

WalterS_LV
  • WalterS_LV

One ticket to LS please

• Members
  • Latvia

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:01 PM

There is always racing with friends. OR you can always avoid the demolition derby at the start.

Strike-Eagle_1
  • Strike-Eagle_1

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:03 PM

I only race for the hell of it, mods unlocked without even thinking about them. Don't "try", just "do"

TatezMcgatez
  • TatezMcgatez

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:05 PM

out of complete honesty, I unlocked everything including chrome in just 2-3 days of racing without doing the gay and boring 1v1 let me win then i will let you win bullsh*t like half the other pussies in these forums. i found it to be anything but hard. easiest thing thus far for me. and i believe you dont have to win the races in that class to unlock upgrades, you just need to win with a class higher than the car that you want the upgrades for.

psychopants
  • psychopants

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:19 PM

Next time I get on I'll probably look to this forum to trade wins. I'm like 10 wins and 28 losses right now because destruction derby.... XD

PlasmicSnake
  • PlasmicSnake

Negative Astro Creep

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:24 PM

Races are pretty easy, If you dont like the races than yes it is a grind since youll need at least 50 wins and alot of turbo starts to really get stuff unlocking. The problem with races is every idiot wants to win the race by leading in the first turn. Then half of them go and wreck and you can just go right on by them. Its also not hard when most of the time you dont  even have a full lobby.

mothman0
  • mothman0

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:27 PM

Definitely agree, the win requirement is a bit stiff, would be better if it was a Top 3 requirement, as winning is so random depending on the circumstances of the race.

Having said that, it really doesn't bother me, as I've realized that for the most part, the only reason I even WANT most of the car upgrades is so that I can do better against other cars... in races!  lol 

In regular game play, most of the upgrades really don't matter.

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:29 PM

Some mod-unlocks also require a certain amount of Stunt-Jumps!

That's difficult imo

buddybravo
  • buddybravo

Peon

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:30 PM

10 infuriating stunt jumps just to unlock a different shade of yellow paint. :v:

ShadowedAscent
  • ShadowedAscent

Peace Keeper

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:33 PM

At first I didn't like it, but now I'm okay with it.  Once I got the hang of the racing system in this game and all, I've unlocked everything for the classes of cars I like to race.  I just try to race clean with catch up off.  Ramming slows you down so it's pointless unless catch up is on.  I tend to host because other people always set up stupid crap like catch up on, stock compacts, etc.  

xterrorist
  • xterrorist

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:13 PM Edited by xterrorist, 23 October 2013 - 06:20 PM.

Nah look Op, winning races is easy and has little to do with luck.

Between catchup and slipstreaming the best tactic is to simple take it easy at the start and avoid all the demo drivers.

Don't drive like a psycho and don't over commit to corners.

After that simply slip/catchup your way to a nicely timed lead.

The key is control not speed.

If you do get pummeled just recover as quickly and nicely as possible.

If your car is a wreck then hold Y and respawn and it will be like new again.. although then you have a race on your hands.

Also it helps to look at the course beforehand if you are not familiar with it, noting the distance, laps and corners or straights then selecting a car accordingly.

Once you have a few wins buy or steal cars in each range and pimp them up a little to give you more of an edge.

Invest money in things that help speed/control only... don't waste money on flash unless your into that.

Sorry to say it man but this is just a case of L2P.

TuXedo_Man
  • TuXedo_Man

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:10 AM

10 infuriating stunt jumps just to unlock a different shade of yellow paint. :v:

The matte paint is not too hard just go win an air race and a sea race and you should have all of them :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users