This again?! Are you serious.

91 replies to this topic
Deagy87
  • Deagy87

Apex Stalkers

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:34 PM

Strangely enough even tho it says the cloud servers are down it seems it still was saving my game.there was no orange save circle or anything and the message was in the corner saying services failed but i did a few things in that time like build up my strength to the max and earn a bit more money and left

and when i went to find a new session it gave me the warning that the cloud was down and that progress would not be saved.yet when i went into a new session my strength was still maxed and i had the extra cash.which i thought was odd.but now its even showing on my social club stats.so it might be still saving for some people anyway even tho its saying the servers are down

AJ Lee
  • AJ Lee

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:38 PM

UK anyone else?

Uk here working fine, no DC's and no cloud fails

CunoVonRembold
  • CunoVonRembold

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:42 PM

Nah. Rockstar is not going to reset any Glitchers or whatsoever. They surely gonna fix the glitch, but abusing of a glitch its a (imho) normal thing that accour when an unfinished product is released.

Sure thing is that Cockstar is trying to redirect all of us in buying shopping cards, and thats a bad thing, because before EVEN thinking about that, they should give AT LEAST a stable connection to everyone.

When the connection is stable, they should correct the gameplay and payouts, and only after that think about a good way to sell cashcards.

As now, GTAO and its community feels like a bunch of slave building pyramids. All scared and punished.

f*ck Cockstar, aR2k, i'm with you bro'.

SHarm
  • SHarm

Reincarnation of Tommy Vercetti

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:46 PM

The glitch right now is really slow, and it's not really reliable, I'm pretty sure 12m is ok for the time being not like I need anything else atm except to rank to 120

Sp4wnicus
  • Sp4wnicus

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:49 PM

UK here still online ok, hope it stays that way. Im level 88, dipsh*ts assume you glitch because your high level but its really not hard to level up legit.....
  • Deagy87 likes this

Kulgrim
  • Kulgrim

Prankster

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:52 PM

*Snip* but abusing of a glitch its a (imho) normal thing that accour when an unfinished product is released. *Snip*

Either you are new to gaming, or you have zero clue on how games are made, but this statement is getting so frigging old it pisses me off. BUGS ARE IN ALL SOFTWARE, there is no such thing as bug free software. It doesn't matter if the product has been on the market for 10 years or 10 minutes, it WILL HAVE BUGS, abusing those bugs, and then justifiying it as, well it shouldn't have had the bugs in the first place is a either a really naive statement, or it shows wilful ignorance about how software works.

• Levano likes this

aR2k
  • aR2k

Playa

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:00 PM

As the guy above said, all software have bugs, doesnt matter when its released, people find glitches in games years after they are released.

Abusing a glitch is never legal, and most game companies takes action against it.

I for one hope the glitchers get punished, I did have a friend who glitched, and he glitches because his 10 car garage, legally obtained got deleted one day he logged in last week, so he glitched to get his cars back..... and even tho i dont support It... I understand it, I know allot of people glitching are glitching because they just want their stuff back, but the majority just wants to glitch for free cash, and that is def not ok.

But i wouldnt defend him if he got banned/reset for glitching tho, he knew the risks and he took it, I would never glitch or cheat for that matter. 

• Levano likes this

CunoVonRembold
  • CunoVonRembold

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:09 PM

*Snip* but abusing of a glitch its a (imho) normal thing that accour when an unfinished product is released. *Snip*

Either you are new to gaming, or you have zero clue on how games are made, but this statement is getting so frigging old it pisses me off. BUGS ARE IN ALL SOFTWARE, there is no such thing as bug free software. It doesn't matter if the product has been on the market for 10 years or 10 minutes, it WILL HAVE BUGS, abusing those bugs, and then justifiying it as, well it shouldn't have had the bugs in the first place is a either a really naive statement, or it shows wilful ignorance about how software works.

I will go off-topic just a sec to answer to this.

You are completely right about that, there will always be bugs and such things, but mine is not a justification. If someone finds a HOLE in the game, like "Oh look! I found how to make infinite money!", why shouldnt he use that? 

I completely think that is R*'s fault that in THAT PRECISE moment the BUG is there and beign used by people. Its about a RULE that DOESNT EXIST that people can glitch.

If there was a rule like  "If you find a glitch and use it, you will be banned", so THEN people would not use that. Be afraid of BAN.

Might be wrong for some points of view, thats for sure... but from my point of view? Well, thats simply normal and not to be punished because:

" BUGS ARE IN ALL SOFTWARE, there is no such thing as bug free software". It doesn't matter if the product has been on the market for 10 years or 10 minutes, it WILL HAVE BUGS-"

Peblou
  • Peblou

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:18 PM

First of all i like how this turned from People losing their characters to a glitching dicusssion , But anyways i also lost my character level 58 stats show but cant play him,can see him on social club but has no face :p , so yep [ United arab emirates btw]

aR2k
  • aR2k

Playa

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:30 PM

Yeah i left a ticket to rockstar support telling them I either want my character back, or a reply that isnt some copy paste bullsh*t where they can actually tell me whether or not my character will return.

If it wont, then I want a shell character with same level, similar stats and all the money I have made (which is still available on socialclub).

If neither of these are possible, I will put this game away, Im not going to play a progression based game where the devs cannot guarantee that they can actually save the game on their own servers.

I will also do my absolute best to get a refund. Now I know how game companies usually look at things like this, but Im hoping that any decent human beeing will understand that I cannot just start over again and do the same missions 100 times JUST to get back to where I was before they messed up, If they want to keep their customers satisfied they will have to make up for their mistakes, or give me my money back. I dont even care about the money, its just a principle. 

If i payed for a dropbox account that kept deleting my sh*t I would want my money back aswell.

hvcciookay
  • hvcciookay

• Members
  • Wallis-And-Futuna

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:44 PM

I havent had a cloud error since day 2 except the saving thing the other day but if my 106 goes awol, then no biggie. I took pics of all my cars and random things to say i been here and done that, then its off to gamestop to trade in gta and my 360 to put money towards my One since gta was the only reason to buy a 360.

Dudebot12125
  • Dudebot12125

Professional Dunce

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:46 PM

Same thing happened to my friend except for xbox. Was playing and he got kicked off xbox live. Now he is missing his character and it's been over two days. Good job fixing it Rockstar.

Muse182
  • Muse182

Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:53 PM

If I lose my character in this patch I will resort to the LSC glitch and get all my money back. Level doesn't bother me too much but I have a lot of cars fully modded and a lot of time put into it. I can get the levels back but the money will take twice as long now.

Rinsaf
  • Rinsaf

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:55 PM

DAMN YOU.....8roa.png

aR2k
  • aR2k

Playa

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:09 PM

If I lose my character in this patch I will resort to the LSC glitch and get all my money back. Level doesn't bother me too much but I have a lot of cars fully modded and a lot of time put into it. I can get the levels back but the money will take twice as long now.

I would have said the exact same thing, 60 levels ago.

Even if I had all my money now, I would be DAYS of gametime from using the weapons that I enjoy.

And what if Heists has a level requirement? I would have to grind the same damn missions over and over again to get to that level.

At lvl 86, the levels are just as bad as the money

Hadria
  • Hadria

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:22 PM

I lost mine two days ago, I jumped into a DM it said I got kicked by the players it sent me to single player then I went back to online and found them gone.

aR2k
  • aR2k

Playa

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:33 PM Edited by aR2k, 23 October 2013 - 07:33 PM.

According to rockstarsupport on twitter, they replied to my question:

"Were currently looking into sessions not beeing saved, not character loss".

one would assume loosing a whole character is worse than not having a session saved.....

K1NG CURT1S
  • K1NG CURT1S

Trick

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:59 PM

lvl 86, with a 205k appartment with 10 cars that ive spent millions on, and 1.3 million in my bank, havent done a single glitch or anything, and im still getting an empty character screen.

Socialclub shows no character

You got reset due to the LS customs glitch. It's happened to several people so far. luckily not meeeee :)

AJ Lee
  • AJ Lee

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:22 PM

lvl 86, with a 205k appartment with 10 cars that ive spent millions on, and 1.3 million in my bank, havent done a single glitch or anything, and im still getting an empty character screen.

You got reset due to the LS customs glitch. It's happened to several people so far. luckily not meeeee :)

Source?

Oh right no, f*ck all source, just you talking sh*t.

Levano
  • Levano

::

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:03 PM Edited by Levano, 23 October 2013 - 10:05 PM.

Read back you stupid glitcher.. This guy was legit, ur not. This guy should have kept his char, you don't.

one would assume loosing a whole character is worse than not having a session saved.....

Well, if that's true then they're making the sh*ttiest decision possible.. I couldn't care less if I would lose session progress, but character loss is something that should be top priority at all times. 

I pray for you to get your character back so all this time spent is not being thrown right into the bin..

Mocha
  • Mocha

Grease Monkey

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:21 PM

You are an artist in denial. Read this with a grain of salt, i'm just going to cut it short so you have some time left to do your homework so your parents don't get all butt blasted as you are right now. 

Rockstar is not banning, resetting or doing and sort of punishment to anyone that has done the glitch. It is common sense. 40% of players have already at least milked 500k out of the LSC glitch. Punishing them would create a large amount of bad press. Rockstar already has their dicks to people's knives due to the sloppy launch of online. This? This would be the final nail in the coffin. Most of the punished players would return the game or give Rockstar some kind of hate. 

Take your medication you underage f*cktard. 

R.R
  • R.R

Soldier

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:31 PM

One would assume that the reason for character loss is sessions not being saved, which is exactly what happened to you OP.

Go to the source of the problem, not the result of the problem.

Kulgrim
  • Kulgrim

Prankster

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:32 PM

I want to know where you pulled the 40% of players have used this glitch stat from? Statistics are interesting, but never as interesting when they are pulled from thin air.

Mocha
  • Mocha

Grease Monkey

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:35 PM

I want to know where you pulled the 40% of players have used this glitch stat from? Statistics are interesting, but never as interesting when they are pulled from thin air.

Estimated guess. Comparing the views to videos/comments to players online.

I said take this with a grain of salt.

K1NG CURT1S
  • K1NG CURT1S

Trick

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:38 PM

You are an artist in denial. Read this with a grain of salt, i'm just going to cut it short so you have some time left to do your homework so your parents don't get all butt blasted as you are right now. 

Rockstar is not banning, resetting or doing and sort of punishment to anyone that has done the glitch. It is common sense. 40% of players have already at least milked 500k out of the LSC glitch. Punishing them would create a large amount of bad press. Rockstar already has their dicks to people's knives due to the sloppy launch of online. This? This would be the final nail in the coffin. Most of the punished players would return the game or give Rockstar some kind of hate. 

Rockstar is and will be banning players that abuse the glitch, if you think otherwise you're foolish and clearly don't understand the terms for termination. I see you seem to be a professional R* dick rider, so enlighten me by backing up your claims with a factual source please.

oh wait.. you can't and you won't, because you just made that whole f*cking paragraph up. "40% of all players have already glitched the LS Customs glitch." REALLY? I'd sure like to know how you figured that out Einstein, sounds like an imaginary number you've concocted to make yourself sound even more stupid and ignorant of the issue that you truly are.

bad press? you can't actually be serious? R* ALREADY HAS OUR MONEY. You sir are a f*cking retard. They could care less if they have to ban half the people, or in this case, simply RESET their glitched accounts.

So do a little research and shut your god damn cock kisser.

jembo
  • jembo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:44 PM

Rockstar is and will be banning players that abuse the glitch, if you think otherwise you're foolish and clearly don't understand the terms for termination. I see you seem to be a professional R* dick rider, so enlighten me by backing up your claims with a factual source please.

oh wait.. you can't and you won't, because you just made that whole f*cking paragraph up. "40% of all players have already glitched the LS Customs glitch." REALLY? I'd sure like to know how you figured that out Einstein, sounds like an imaginary number you've concocted to make yourself sound even more stupid and ignorant of the issue that you truly are.

bad press? you can't actually be serious? R* ALREADY HAS OUR MONEY. You sir are a f*cking retard. They could care less if they have to ban half the people, or in this case, simply RESET their glitched accounts.

So do a little research and shut your god damn cock kisser.

So I'm curious, since you're asking for proof from people, where is your prof that rockstar is and will be banning players?

mbhitman
  • mbhitman

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:51 PM

You guys should start taking pictures of your characters with stats and such, then tell rockstar they need to restore them 1 by 1 picture by picture.

There is no excuse if you have physical proof of your stats and such, if they have the ability to restore them it should be legally obligated for them to... 500k was decent for the people who glitched to high lvls or only had like 20 or whatever.. but for a lvl 86 or anything close to that high.. there needs to be something else.

Free content kind of thing.. not cash to spend on content that we already had and could have played.

Example: free lost and damned for people who didnt have it, free gay tony, whatever.. some free R* content even if its not a patch for GTA5... and a choice so its not like anyone who had L&D already wouldnt be compensated.

R* - compensate us Sony style or suffer losses in customers. I havent lost my character but I damn sure will profit off the people who have.. or you sure as hell wont :D

All the pictures in the world and proof won't get your character back. Sorry. Rockstar won't do sh*t except giving us the stimulus package.

K1NG CURT1S
  • K1NG CURT1S

Trick

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:55 PM

Wan't proof? check the TOS.

"glitching is considered cheating and is grounds for a player ban"

however I personally think they will only reset you.

Yakito
  • Yakito

Peon

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:00 PM

Ok guys. I have some bad news for you all.

I've lost my character about 3-4 days ago and I've been contacting Cockstar ever since.

This is the reply I got today, after giving them ALL the details they asked from me to prove them that I did indeed lose my character.

Hi

Thank you for sending us your information. We will forward your information to the proper department for further review. We are sorry that you experienced loss of progress in GTA Online, but unfortunately we are not able to restore characters, reputation points, in-game items, or money lost to technical difficulties. As you may know, all GTA Online users who played during October will receive GTA$500,000.

Which means... They don't give a f*ck, they don't have backups (retards), they won't even bother looking more into this, you'll just get the pitiful 500k .
I've lost my 56 rank char, 3 million spent on it.
500k is f*cking useless to me.

Omnicr0n
  • Omnicr0n

Magnificent Bastard

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:08 PM

Rockstar can rot in hell.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users