» «
Photo

This again?! Are you serious.

91 replies to this topic
aR2k
  • aR2k

Playa

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:26 PM Edited by aR2k, 23 October 2013 - 04:26 PM.

That's what you get for trying to level up so d*mn fast. Lol. I've been playing as long as you, probably longer and I'm just on like level 23. Hahaha. I don't care if my sh*t gets deleted.

hehe, I lost like 6 characters past lvl 15 the first 4 days :p

Sure ive leveled up quickly, but I have played allot aswell, just been doing lots of missions and races with some friends and pow, suddenly i was lvl 80 :)

But ill tell you, the speed that i got to level 86 is nothing compared to the speed of which rockstar got me from 86 to 0

• Levano likes this

SHarm
  • SHarm

Reincarnation of Tommy Vercetti

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:26 PM

That's what you get for trying to level up so d*mn fast. Lol. I've been playing as long as you, probably longer and I'm just on like level 23. Hahaha. I don't care if my sh*t gets deleted.

Please do us a favour and f*ck off

Nate125
  • Nate125

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:30 PM Edited by Nate125, 23 October 2013 - 04:31 PM.

You're more pissed than OP is. Haha. Why you so butt hurt on this fine day? Did same thing happen to you? Lol.

SHarm
  • SHarm

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:35 PM

You're more pissed than OP is. Haha. Why you so butt hurt on this fine day? Did same thing happen to you? Lol.

I'm back in a matter if fact, I sort out help here and got told just to wait, my character hasn't been deleted what you saying

MantisFang
  • MantisFang

Undead Insect

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:36 PM Edited by MantisFang, 23 October 2013 - 06:03 PM.

Playing since launch

on my 5th/6th character

only level 35.. I care. This sucks.

petrified to fire it up...

Everything seems to be where I left it sunday night.

Diving in..

Everything AOK so far. 11am PST

Rinsaf
  • Rinsaf

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:36 PM

3us0wl.jpg

CunoVonRembold
  • CunoVonRembold

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:37 PM

I had the same exact message, "cloud not working", "cannot find any character in slot 1"

So i istantly thought that my 42 chara was lost, but i just hit circle, back to SP, and back online again.

I mean..is this some kind of region-based problem? Everyone losing their chara and, even if i receive the same message, i still have evrything?

Zonegamer
  • Zonegamer

Front Yard Balla

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:38 PM

This thread is worrying.  :blink:

aR2k
  • aR2k

Playa

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:39 PM

I had the same exact message, "cloud not working", "cannot find any character in slot 1"

So i istantly thought that my 42 chara was lost, but i just hit circle, back to SP, and back online again.

I mean..is this some kind of region-based problem? Everyone losing their chara and, even if i receive the same message, i still have evrything?

I did the exact same thing you did, I got "cloud servers are down", so i hit circle and went back to singleplayer, i ate my dinner and tried to go online again, this time i didnt get any error message regarding the cloud server, but got sent straight to an empty character screen,.

Zehealingman
  • Zehealingman

Sometimes I dream about cheese.

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:40 PM

Just got a massive lag, all but 3 players left the session, then I got kicked ... trying to rejoin and keeps loading and loading and loading...

Better head back to SP before my char gets deleted. I feel with you OP.

CunoVonRembold
  • CunoVonRembold

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:42 PM

I did the exact same thing you did, I got "cloud servers are down", so i hit circle and went back to singleplayer, i ate my dinner and tried to go online again, this time i didnt get any error message regarding the cloud server, but got sent straight to an empty character screen,.

I'm half the level you are, and only thinking about losing my chara is a terrifying thing.

And the only problem by chara deleting is not the fact losing high-rank or money...

The thing that i fear the most is entering an ammunation on be able to buy only a simple pistol. 

sh*t, thatz scary...who cares about the number near my name or money after all...

nilas
  • nilas

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:44 PM

Been playin past 3hrs on ps3 with no issues.. servers are up and running here.

aR2k
  • aR2k

Playa

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:46 PM

Been playin past 3hrs on ps3 with no issues.. servers are up and running here.

Its def a regional thing, Ive been playing on ps3 while friends in other countries have gone offline sending me messages about cloud servers going down for them, but not for me.

The only reason i got disconnected was because i got disconnected from PSN, and as i tried to reconnect it told me the cloud servers where down.

SHarm
  • SHarm

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:48 PM

UK anyone else?

aR2k
  • aR2k

Playa

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:49 PM Edited by aR2k, 23 October 2013 - 04:50 PM.

UPDATE:

Well my character now shows on the character selection screen, "semi shows".

It says im lvl 86, but all my stats are back to lvl1, i cannot see an image of my character either, im not gonna try to enter the game until i get some kind of message from rockstar or my character shows completely.

And to the guy above, im in Norway, chances are we are on the same cloud server

CunoVonRembold
  • CunoVonRembold

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:53 PM

Dude i think you now find yourself in that terrible limbo where the only thing you can do is wait, and HOPE that 1.05 will fix that.

Thats what i'm thinking. A lot of people found themself in this situations and are not even touching the "phantom" that they now have in their hands. 

That just horrible. God damn R*.

The Huntsman
  • The Huntsman

Trick

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:53 PM

I'm in the US and my character is still gone.

kABUSE
  • kABUSE

Prankster

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:54 PM Edited by kABUSE, 23 October 2013 - 04:55 PM.

If the char selection screen is empty then simply turn the console off and try again in half an hour.

Happened to me 3 times now and I never lost my char. Became level 100 yesterday.

And as the warning message in loading screen says: Never be stupid enough to create a new car in that "empty" spot. Better not create any new character at all. Instead go offline -> wait.

aR2k
  • aR2k

Playa

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:57 PM

If the char selection screen is empty then simply turn the console off and try again in half an hour.

Happened to me 3 times now and I never lost my char. Became level 100 yesterday.

And as the warning message in loading screen says: Never be stupid enough to create a new car in that "empty" spot. Better not create any new character at all. Instead go offline -> wait.

I never even went into the character selection screen when i got the message, i went straight back to singleplayer.

I can give it a shot rebooting the system a few times, but I doubt it has anything to do with it, savegames are stored on the cloud, not locally. Rebooting the PS3 should have no influence on savegame retrieval.

CunoVonRembold
  • CunoVonRembold

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:01 PM

True.Its a "Cloud" thing.

As far as i know now, by using the information gathered after all this mess, i can say that this is REGION-BASED.

Case 1, my case: Same message, cloud not working, "cannot found character in slot 1 , go back to SP" . SBAM. my character still there.

Case 2: character deleted, phantom/limbo situation.

Case 3:Character missing, waiting solved the problem. However i saw cases where waiting wasnt even changing anything. 

Thats a mess. 

Deagy87
  • Deagy87

Apex Stalkers

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:05 PM

im in ireland so id say it is regional seems to be all europeans that are having issues at the moment i just turned it off social club still showing stats for me tho thank god

Jozzborne
  • Jozzborne

Jeremy

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:06 PM

This has to be a region or an internet connection quality issue.  Not trying to sh*t on everyone but I have never had an issue with this game ever.  I played it probably an hour after it went live and I have never had a hiccup.  When all these threads go up about character loss and no saving and everyone warns against temporarily playing I still play for hours on end and I never lose anything.

mcarec
  • mcarec

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:06 PM

UPDATE:

It says im lvl 86, but all my stats are back to lvl1, i cannot see an image of my character either, im not gonna try to enter the game until i get some kind of message from rockstar or my character shows completely.

UPDATE:

I am in the exactly same situation as you since saturday. I have tried to turn my Xbox 360 again on sunday and yesterday and same thing happened: I´m redirected to character creation page, in slot 1. Btw, I´m in Brazil.

I already heard everything: from ppl who advanced and created another character to people who decided to wait for a new patch or something that corrects this problem. I do not advise you to create another character simply because the problem may persists...

aR2k
  • aR2k

Playa

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:07 PM Edited by aR2k, 23 October 2013 - 05:08 PM.

This has to be a region or an internet connection quality issue.  Not trying to sh*t on everyone but I have never had an issue with this game ever.  I played it probably an hour after it went live and I have never had a hiccup.  When all these threads go up about character loss and no saving and everyone warns against temporarily playing I still play for hours on end and I never lose anything.

Well thats the feeling ive been having for the past 19 days, then all of a sudden......

And to the guy above, I will not be creating another character.

If this character does not come back I am very much done with this game, or any future rockstar multiplayers for that matter.

STEADYSERG
  • STEADYSERG

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:07 PM

Glitcher gets burned haha

SKaREO
  • SKaREO

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:07 PM

At least you're not that guy with a level 562 character.

SHarm
  • SHarm

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:09 PM

Just wait for anyone who has that screen, it will sign you back in half an hour later

aR2k
  • aR2k

Playa

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:10 PM

Glitcher gets burned haha

Havent done a single glitch, so yeah... shove it

erbalist
  • erbalist

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:29 PM

I read somewhere that Rockstar are in the process of resetting characters that have been glitching? Not saying you have OP or even if it's true, just saying thats what i read and now i see this, could it be connected?

aR2k
  • aR2k

Playa

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:33 PM

I read somewhere that Rockstar are in the process of resetting characters that have been glitching? Not saying you have OP or even if it's true, just saying thats what i read and now i see this, could it be connected?

Well I sure hope they are, but ive been following rockstar news and they have released no such information yet.

But yeah, I havent glitched a single time in this game, If you have seen some of the thousand posts about glitching on this forum you have probably seen me advice against it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users