Quantcast

» «
Photo

I've got GTA VI figured out.

15 replies to this topic
Lazyboy.
  • Lazyboy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:19 PM

Now, imagine how f*cking awesome this would be. Three protagonists. One is a full-time criminal, one is a full-time policeman. The third, is an undercover cop. Imagine how awesome that would be, not only gameplay wise but story wise too. The third dude trying to keep his criminal and cop life separate, but it soon merges or some sh*t. Epic.

kinda a short post but it was a cool idea I wanted to share.

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Just a dose of metal everyday

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:29 PM

So technically the 2 protagonists have their jobs as cops yet they commit heinous crimes while on duty such as killing pedestrians, or jacking a vehicle? Doesn't sound fascinating to me.

Lazyboy.
  • Lazyboy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:10 PM

So technically the 2 protagonists have their jobs as cops yet they commit heinous crimes while on duty such as killing pedestrians, or jacking a vehicle? Doesn't sound fascinating to me.

So according to your logic, EVERY video game character should be a crazed psychopath who kills people all day just because that's what YOU want to do? You can skip the cutscenes and avoid all character development if that's how you want to play.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:41 PM

I could see a GTA with cop characters, though not in the way you've said.

My idea is corrupt cop who is assigned as partner another one, a "rookie" who is actually an internal affairs officer in charge to find evidences against the other one. Their personalities and lifestyles are different but, as the time goes on, the good one starts to change his personality. And that all set in Vice City in 1979.

I'll make a concept about it someday when I have some free time.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

Muslim

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:42 PM

Nice idea but to be honest, I won't even get GTA 6 as I'm not getting a next gen console.

McGyver55
  • McGyver55

Easter Egg Casualty

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:01 PM

No thats not so crazy... It would be a cool idea to have three characters like that. few people remember "Driver" which may have been the inspiration for GTA III...  the main character "Tanner" was an undercover cop who was "in too deep"... the game would allow you to run over citizens as they would jump out of the way no matter what, but, you still had to act the part of a criminal to infiltrate... I forget the name of the game that came out not too long after GTA III, it was set in London and you played an ex- criminal trying to clean up his act who is force to do some bad deeds to save his young son.

I could see where having control of 3 separate characters: A good cop, an undercover cop going bad, and a career criminal could be fun... if you gave them a purpose to interact, made them likable, gave them a common enemy, a good back story (maybe they were all once friends?), and allowed for some level of open ending... maybe something like at some point you have to choose what character you stick with and whether you go completely bad, choose a balance where it all works itself out as best it can for everyone, or be a goody two shoes and go by the book... 

Could be very interesting if it was an open world as rich as GTA V...  would even be a great direction for add on missions for V like the Gay Tony and Lost and Damned were for IV.

The problem is the story and missions would have to be really well written or it could get real muddy quick and end up very pointless and confusing, like a lot of games do. 

But I like it.

McGyver55
  • McGyver55

Easter Egg Casualty

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:03 PM

Nice idea but to be honest, I won't even get GTA 6 as I'm not getting a next gen console.

Yeah, I was wondering what the PS4 will cost new... $600 $700?

McGyver55
  • McGyver55

Easter Egg Casualty

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:05 PM

I could see a GTA with cop characters, though not in the way you've said.

My idea is corrupt cop who is assigned as partner another one, a "rookie" who is actually an internal affairs officer in charge to find evidences against the other one. Their personalities and lifestyles are different but, as the time goes on, the good one starts to change his personality. And that all set in Vice City in 1979.

I'll make a concept about it someday when I have some free time.

Thats would have been great if they had chosen Vice City for 5

Vatus
  • Vatus

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:55 AM

I would personally like a GTA game where you start off in prison. In there you'll meet other protagonist who is a relative  to big time mob boss, and he has just been sentence to life. The mob boss is planning on busting him out of there, and you are along for the ride. You bust out of there along with the mob boss's relative, and you'll start your adventures there. I don't think it matters what city you're in, but I would like it to be somewhere in Texas.

Russ-T
  • Russ-T

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:26 AM

i like the idea of the corrupt one but  not a proper cop.

the corrupt one can be like harvey kleitel in Bad Lieutenant (excellent movie)

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:02 AM

i like the idea of the corrupt one but  not a proper cop.

the corrupt one can be like harvey kleitel in Bad Lieutenant (excellent movie)

I haven't seen the movie, but I'm sure it's not what I have in mind. Like I said, I'll work in the concept when I have some free time.

Loc389
  • Loc389

I have a gun and a tomahawk

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:49 AM

It cost $399 brand new, main reason I'm getting one as I just want to buy one really no reason other than that.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:17 AM

By the time GTA VI comes out, prices for next gen consoles will surely have dropped - thats why I'll most likely get one about 6 months before it releases

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:44 PM

Since V has already three protagonists, I think it would be right to have only two or perhaps even only one in GTA VI since that could bring more innovation to the storyline. If it were the option of having two protagonists, then it would be cool to have one corrupt cop and a criminal bastard, as you've already mentioned. The thing is there are lots of possibilities if you have a character in a game like this who has power - like a police man. The build up of the story would be certainly interesting, and I can think of all the drama it could cause. For instance, the criminal protagonist and the cop are both friends, but the latter one is betraying the other character during a major mission. The criminal guy is getting into prison, and you have to try everything to free him (in this case yourself). The cop would basically turn into the antagonist, and it is up to the player who is going to die in the end if there isn't another way to resolve the issues between both characters.

oipolloi
  • oipolloi

I say XD too much, just ignore it

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:37 PM

No thats not so crazy... It would be a cool idea to have three characters like that. few people remember "Driver" which may have been the inspiration for GTA III...  the main character "Tanner" was an undercover cop who was "in too deep"... the game would allow you to run over citizens as they would jump out of the way no matter what, but, you still had to act the part of a criminal to infiltrate... I forget the name of the game that came out not too long after GTA III, it was set in London and you played an ex- criminal trying to clean up his act who is force to do some bad deeds to save his young son.

Driver was pretty fun back in the day, with 70's style car handling! Driver 2 was pretty cool but Driver 3 was awful (and unfinished) and the other one was boring.

The game set in London was The Getaway, and it was very hard! That had 2 storylines too, you played as a criminal first, and then a cop. But the two storylines only interacted slightly (the cop was 'chasing' the criminal, but trying to bring down the big boss too). The cop's storyline was actually a lot easier because you weren't being chased all the time XD.

The Getaway 2 had the cop storyline first, then a young girl's storyline (where it was a stealth game, and she couldn't drive) and then a criminal's storyline last.

Anyway, maybe if it had one cop character and one criminal character, they could maybe be cousins or something. They've not seen each other for years and don't initially know that they ought to be 'enemies'. Maybe a big mafia boss could betray the criminal, so he and the cop both have a common enemy and are forced to help each other. Or maybe the police chief could be corrupt and secretly helping the mob. Only the cop character knows, but he can't do anything, so he has to get promoted up and try to take the chief's job. It could end with the mafia boss being killed, the corrupt police chief being arrested and the criminal character somehow getting a lot of money (robbing the mafia during the last mission?) and escaping to another country.

Aintgottime2bleed
  • Aintgottime2bleed

to weird to live to rare to die

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:51 PM

I figured it out too, gta6 gonna suck harder as gta4 and 5 combined, i already can feel the hype. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users