Photo

Protecting yourself while driving ?

28 replies to this topic
Blazergamer
  • Blazergamer

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:13 PM

Alot of times where I get a bounty put on me I get in my car and drive around but I'm not sure how to protect myself properly. When you see white dots coming your way do you: A)stay in your car or B)get out and find cover.

I find that if I stay in my vehicule I often get stuck and killed if the other guy manages to lock onto me. The armour (I only have access to 20 % for now) gets depleted pretty fast. What guns ( MG, MiniSMG, handgun) and tactics do you guys use in these situations ?

thanks

Timpey
  • Timpey

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:15 PM

I get out and hide behind the vehicle or car. I find if you stay in your car you cant control when to fire which can lead to reloading problems

UKAIDANUK
  • UKAIDANUK

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Try and get a helicopter or airplane.

If failing this, find somewhere with only one entrance and hold out there.

LeRay0409
  • LeRay0409

Did you know that we are the leading country in... GFX!!

• Members
  • England

If I see anyone coming after me when I am in a car I tend to drive off a little, get out take some cover and then aim ready for the unlucky soul to come at me. I then either use my carbine rifle or maybe use a nice sticky bomb and blow them up. (Who cares about the bad sport warning right)

aig1992
  • aig1992

I AM AiG

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:17 PM

I just get one of my faster cars then make it into a chase for them n if they can catch up to me I'll get out before they can n kill them

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:17 PM

Driving skills is key cause yeah, crashing sucks and if you die cause you crashed it's your fault.

What I'll do though is go get a jet and fly around in the jet. Or take a good offroad vehicle and go in the mountains. I've survived my bounties 50% of the time.

Lagful
  • Lagful

Certified Fresh

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:18 PM Edited by Lagful, 23 October 2013 - 03:21 PM.

The best thing to do would be to play in free aim lobbies. The lock on aim assist will kill you every time somebody is on foot.

If somebody is chasing you in a faster car, then you just have to be the better driver and out maneuver them in corners. If you cant kill them by shooting out the window then you'll have to gain enough distance to find decent cover to take them out on foot, preferably with a shotgun.

Explosives are the most effective way to deal with these assholes, but the broken bad sports system prevents you from doing this too much, unless you just don't care about the consequences.

Epi
  • Epi

might be a girl in rl

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:19 PM

the best thing is to go up on top of one of the cranes

so you can only be hurt by jets/helicopters

and nubs that climb up, pistol whip those and trolololol them

smoke weed , enjoy the view, sniper some nubs, claim reward

enjoy life

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:21 PM

enjoy life

Seems like a dangerous tactic since anyone can snipe you back.

Revoemag
  • Revoemag

Thug

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:22 PM

What happens to the bounty if you suicide?

Yakito
  • Yakito

Peon

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:22 PM

Yeah, I usually park in an alleyway, take cove rand wait. They always come...

Also - cars with louvers are a good idea. Monroe is one of those, Dominator can also be modded to have a louver behind.

Louvers are these... things on the back window that can sometimes stop a bullet  :)

Lagful
  • Lagful

Certified Fresh

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:23 PM

Yeah, I usually park in an alleyway, take cove rand wait. They always come...
Also - cars with louvers are a good idea. Monroe is one of those, Dominator can also be modded to have a louver behind.
Louvers are these... things on the back window that can sometimes stop a bullet  :)

Or you could just drive an Entity which has almost no rear window and is the best car performance wise. ;)

CriminalHero
  • CriminalHero

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:24 PM Edited by CriminalHero, 23 October 2013 - 03:25 PM.

I always stay in my car, and I almost always never get killed because I'm in a Entity XF which has great cover from the back and small windows on the side, which makes it hard for people to shoot me.

I play free-aim too, so it makes it harder for people to shoot me, even AI's have a hard time shooting me when I'm in my Entity XF.

It feel's like I'm in a spy car or something. lol

Upggrade
  • Upggrade

Queen of Zimbabwe

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:24 PM

I get some distance between us, flip her around and floor it. I ram right into them while blasting away with a micro SMG, works pretty well most of the time.

hugh750
  • hugh750

i drive fast in gta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:27 PM

Alot of times where I get a bounty put on me I get in my car and drive around but I'm not sure how to protect myself properly. When you see white dots coming your way do you: A)stay in your car or B)get out and find cover.

I find that if I stay in my vehicule I often get stuck and killed if the other guy manages to lock onto me. The armour (I only have access to 20 % for now) gets depleted pretty fast. What guns ( MG, MiniSMG, handgun) and tactics do you guys use in these situations ?

thanks

if you can go to your apartment or garage no one can kill you there.

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

TROLLING DOES NOT EXIST IF YOU ARE STRONG.

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:29 PM

Take cover with assault shotty...

Epi
  • Epi

might be a girl in rl

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:33 PM

enjoy life

Seems like a dangerous tactic since anyone can snipe you back.

only when you are climbing up, the angle makes it so that its hardly possible when your ontop unless you are nubbing off standing at the outer edge

and there is just 1 building higher then the crane (you would notice a heli going to the maze bank one accros so kinda save)

vinewood sign snipers cant reach you no straight vision line and event he advance scope cant handle the disntance

KiTTYReCkless
  • KiTTYReCkless

CEO of Wal-Mart

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:37 PM

A car can be the worst place to be. I would recomend barricading yourself  in a store. Try to use your vehicle to block the entrance. If it's your personal vehicle even better because if  they destroy it then they will have to pay for it and it will cut into their profit and add a strike towards bad sportsmanship. If you have a really expensive car then they can actually lose more money than what the bounty is worth.

But usually if the bounty is over 7K I'll leave and start up an invite  only and wait it out. lol It's free money!

Kromix
  • Kromix

Peon

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:47 PM Edited by Kromix, 23 October 2013 - 03:50 PM.

thanks

The key thing here is that when you have a bounty on you cant avoid being attacked at some point, you can only delay it - unless you hide and sit it out. The only thing you can affect is where people will attack you. So learn how to identify good spots to defend yourself, and find one asap. After that its just practice - as long as you have the edge in the terrain, you can at least take a whole lot of people with you down when you go down ...

If you choose hiding which i wont recommend - its boring and 48 minutes is a long time to wait in any game - you can either hang high ( sit in the skies near water or safe house and be rdy to parachute when you hear missiles locking on) or stay low ( sit in your safe house/garage ) ...

Hotfuzz128
  • Hotfuzz128

MetalUpYourAss

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:02 PM

Switch to Single Player, Create a solo session. Wait 48 minutes and then enjoy my reward money. 

Kromix
  • Kromix

Peon

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:07 PM

Switch to Single Player, Create a solo session. Wait 48 minutes and then enjoy my reward money. 

Im utterly disgusted ...

:)

Liam2349
  • Liam2349

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:10 PM

thanks

Why are you playing n00b mode?

obsidian_eclipse
  • obsidian_eclipse

Thug

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:24 PM

go boating for a bit, travel out to sea on a fast ship.. enjoy the scenery and if anyone comes close get out the cockpit and open fire, it's easier to shoot and aim whilst not driving and you can easily take them out before they get near.

ShinobiFixer
  • ShinobiFixer

way of the snake

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:33 PM

If someone is chasing you, drive ahead further.  Park your vehicle to give yourself cover and wait for them.  In defense against that, I ram the car if I see someone covering behind it.  Other than that, perfect your drive-by shooting skills.

Kromix
  • Kromix

Peon

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:37 PM

go boating for a bit, travel out to sea on a fast ship.. enjoy the scenery and if anyone comes close get out the cockpit and open fire, it's easier to shoot and aim whilst not driving and you can easily take them out before they get near.

true, but wont take long before choppers show up, and you wont escape them out there ...

shamalpilot
  • shamalpilot

Peon

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:15 PM

Go off road in my canis bodhi and watch the go flying out of control when they follow

kevswans
  • kevswans

FREEDOM FIGHTER

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:17 AM

Always get out of your car, but make sure you have enough to to get out and into proper cover before your foes arrive.

Proper cover is something none destructive; if the player wants you killed they're going to use what ever means necesary including explosives.

They don't care about your vehicle or the money they may have to play to replace it.

If they're close enough, use a shotgun, any other situation the Carbine is Ideal.

Be tactical, pretend that's you you're looking at, you don't want to die do you?

DMC14
  • DMC14

Tiger Force 1

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:25 AM Edited by DMC14, 24 October 2013 - 12:26 AM.

not a tactic i used but what someone used as defense in a lobby yesterday.

there was a red dot on top of mount chilliad worth about 7000. so me and two of my freinds are cruising in a newer chopper (no weapons chopper) and we decide to fly up there and harass him from the chopper (might get lucky and shoot him from the chopper were thinking. anyway we are nearly there and out of nowhere comes a bip bip bip f*ck his got a little bird i'm shooting an lmg frantically at him from the backseat but he blows us out of the sky with the heat seeking rockets. kills all three of us instantly. it was pretty funny, and unexpected. what made it funnier was i remembered him from BF3 (he had/has a hardcore rush server i have played on since the inception of hiring lobies, if you read this well played mate).

Hotfuzz128
  • Hotfuzz128

MetalUpYourAss

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:32 AM

Im utterly disgusted ...

:)

Hardly kill any other players in Free Roam. Mostly get damn bounties on my head after stealing cars. Got a $5k for stealing a Scooter near LSC. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users