Elaborate on Car Storage

15 replies to this topic
PhilWillKill
  • PhilWillKill

Fanatic

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:10 PM

Hi,

I've searched to see if anyone has asked/answered this before but couldn't find anything about it.  As we know each character in single player has the ability to store about 6 vehicles by using their dedicated 4-car garage and the garage attached to their safe house.

Is it possible to use the hangars at the airport (LS) for storing cars?  That would be ideal and if it is not possible it would be fairly simple for R* to implement I would have thought.  Nothing has ever come close to the "Car showroom" garage in San Andreas and the 4-car garages in LS requiring a load screen before you enter is a pita as you can't "cram" more in.  I'm surprised by the promise of there will be useful things to spend your money on, yet R* give you a meager 6 parking spaces so you can't even have a decent collection of cars/bikes. :cry:  

I also noticed when I was retrieving a car from the impound (with the LSPD cars parked outside) that when I drove up to the right-hand side doors (separated from the 2 doors on the left by a pillar) they opened...  Did I miss an explanation hint the first time I went there or something as I don't remember which character or car I was using at the time but was surprised that it opened up.  Is this an additional way of storing vehicles?

Thanks

dDubs
  • dDubs

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:50 PM

There are two sets of doors that will open, the one set right next to where you take your car(s) out of impound, and the ones to the right of those, facing the street.

I've put cars in them before, and they just disappear.

tinstartio
  • tinstartio

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:36 AM

I agree on the hanger. A huge giant hanger and your plane is off in a corner with other space unused. What in the heck!!!!

I want more places to put cars!!!!!!

Hey, PhillWillKill.......How do you get two cars in Michaels garage. I put a car and bike in the once. Came back and bike was gone?

AiraCobra
  • AiraCobra

ĦĦooɥS ooɥS ǝıqooɥS

• Members
  • Red-Cross

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:52 AM

Sadly no you can only store cars in the designated spots given to you.

The impound isn't a garage and you can't keep cars there they are the ones towed and they will be towed if you leave them anywhere but your garage for a certain amount of time.

AiraCobra
  • AiraCobra

ĦĦooɥS ooɥS ǝıqooɥS

• Members
  • Red-Cross

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:55 AM

I agree on the hanger. A huge giant hanger and your plane is off in a corner with other space unused. What in the heck!!!!

I want more places to put cars!!!!!!

Hey, PhillWillKill.......How do you get two cars in Michaels garage. I put a car and bike in the once. Came back and bike was gone?

Did you already have two cars in the garage?

If so you reached your max limit so even though their is room for a bike it won't stay there

tinstartio
  • tinstartio

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:41 AM

No only one car. Michele's garage doesn't look like it would hold two cars. I tried the covered car port on the side just for giggles. The car I put there didn't remain after I left and came back.

AiraCobra
  • AiraCobra

ĦĦooɥS ooɥS ǝıqooɥS

• Members
  • Red-Cross

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:56 AM

No only one car. Michele's garage doesn't look like it would hold two cars. I tried the covered car port on the side just for giggles. The car I put there didn't remain after I left and came back.

Are you referring to the house he shared with Amanda and his kids?

His garage will hold two cars, I put the FIB SUV in there along with another car and they stayed there until I took em out.

Each car will accept two cars including Trevor's garage next to his trailer you can park on in the back and another one in front of it.

PhilWillKill
  • PhilWillKill

Fanatic

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:24 AM

I didn't do anything special, however it is a bit tight to get two cars in there and they've stayed there after many saves/shutdowns.  I don't know if a recent patch addressed this issue as towards the start of the game just after it was released I tried putting two cars in and one would always go missing.

I'm hoping DLC might include a few more things they might have left aside - warehouses, other properties and new story content.

Cynycal
  • Cynycal

That Guy

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:31 AM

I didn't do anything special, however it is a bit tight to get two cars in there and they've stayed there after many saves/shutdowns.  I don't know if a recent patch addressed this issue as towards the start of the game just after it was released I tried putting two cars in and one would always go missing.

I'm hoping DLC might include a few more things they might have left aside - warehouses, other properties and new story content.

I put two stock Bugatti's in Micheals garage and they stayed there for 3 straight days (real time) before disappearing from that glitch

tresshold
  • tresshold

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:18 AM

I have bod a rhino and a mullard for Trevors hanger at sandyswhores.

now I want my stolen jet to be saved there,.....how does one do that?

I can't get rid of the stored vehicles.

how can I save my fighter jet there?

Cuauhtemoc1496
  • Cuauhtemoc1496

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:23 PM Edited by Cuauhtemoc1496, 24 October 2013 - 02:23 PM.

I tricked out this lowrider and then I died. I went to the police impound and it was there. So I paid the $250 to get it out, drove it out of the garage, then got out to see some accident that happened in the middle of the street.

When I went to get back in the car, the cop jacked my car and took off after a criminal involved in the accident.

I basically got jacked by a cop......

visionist
  • visionist

Eat A Peach For Hours

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:35 PM

I'm not sure if Franklin's Aunt's garage will hold two vehicles, it's very tight. A car and a bike at the most but not two cars. His mansion received later on will hold two cars I presume (nowhere near that point in the story yet). Can you use both properties to store cars later on giving you a total of seven spots maybe?

I've found loads of garages which open around the map, some attached to properties. They don't save vehicles in SP I assume these can only be bought in MP. Very disappointing. 

AiraCobra
  • AiraCobra

ĦĦooɥS ooɥS ǝıqooɥS

• Members
  • Red-Cross

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:39 PM

You have to take the fighter jet to the hanger that Trevor bought the one where you can do drug drops and arm runs that is the hanger you store your jet at, Not the sandy shores / pillbox garage one

tinstartio
  • tinstartio

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:23 AM

Thanks guys. Never thought two cars would fit....

cattafett
  • cattafett

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:41 AM

You have to take the fighter jet to the hanger that Trevor bought the one where you can do drug drops and arm runs that is the hanger you store your jet at, Not the sandy shores / pillbox garage one

not so trevor stores his planes/helicopters at the airfield in Sandy Shores (South West of his trailer) not the one in Grapeseed (North East of the Alamo Sea)

tresshold
  • tresshold

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:36 PM

thanks I'll try that, didn't know u could store there.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users