Photo

Why does this game still feels empty?

53 replies to this topic
bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:01 PM

It feels empty because you have a short attention span. What exactly did you do in San Andreas once you had completed everything? You're supposed to make your OWN fun in sandbox games.

For real!  These guys who don't use their imagination in a game piss me off so badly!  I just...I don't know what to do.  No, I know what to do.  I'm going to go do some yoga with Michael, then watch a little bit of tv while smoking a cigar, then browse the internet, and then go run a triathlon.  That should cool my nerves a little.

AviorVp
  • AviorVp

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:03 PM

There are a lot of things that you listed that either weren't present in San Andreas without mods or completely made up.

We'll since you go down that path lets whip-out the full list , and no kiddin I appreciate your effort

Inside track betting
Pool
Bowling (wasn't in SA)
Roulette (falls under gambling)
Gambling
Pimping
Hood takeover ( 12 hoods to take over)
Golf (wasn't in SA) golf was a mod
Basketball
Gym
Farming and combine jobs (wasn't in SA) (14 total) in the country there was this farmer you could plow fields for him for cash
Bounties (wasn't in SA) (outskirts and desert only) in the desert snatch a police crusader and start police works there are about 6 bounties in the desert you need to kill
Airplane races
Low rider challenges (6 challanges)
Bike races
Car races
Boat racing (wasn't in SA) part of the boating school I guess
Drug dealing (wasn't in SA) (27 packages to deal) drug packages around Los santos could be found and you could deal them in the streets some go wrong
Drug package locating (wasn't in SA) (27 packages to find) what I said above drug packages you need to find around Los santos
Vehicle repo (wasn't in SA, unless you mean the import/export list in San Fierro) (Los santos only) in las venturas you has a garage there where it gave you takes to retrieve vehicles for him
Taxi jobs
Ambulance jobs
Police work
Mob enforcer (alright, now I'm convinced you're making things up) (12 total) las ventures you could go into 24/7's and take out rival gang members of the triad for cash
Protection repo (see above) (13 total)
UFO investigating (see above, again...) (15 total) in the desert there are 15 parts of a UFO you can take
Arcade games
Ammu-nation shooting range
Flight school
Driving school
Boat school
Snapshooting ( 50 snapshots total)
Girlfriends and dating
Vehicle business (30 vehicles to recover)
Side missions* (37 total)
Eating
Train robbing (you don't rob trains, you can drive them from point to point for cash) (3 stocks total) before the last mission you can unlock 3 missions by big smoke to rob arms from trains
Store lifting
Gang bangling (39 total unless big smoke dies first)
Home invasion (12 jobs total and random afterwards)
CIA jobs (nope) (4 total) after you complete missions for the mystery guy you will have a red blip around his house , he give you 4 target house which need to be broken into and take secret files without waking them up
Strip clubs
Cult reqreuitment (no) in San fierro a republican cultist asks you to snatch gay people to convert them back to being straight
Stoner jobs (no) (towing dope fields) (every 12 hours) the same fields you can plow for cash every 12 hours there's an option to plow dope fields as well
BASE jumping (you can do this, but it isn't an actual side mission) (31 buildings) it's still kind of an activity since you had actual requirements for completing those
Parachuting (same as above) (57 points)
Military base invasions (once again, same as above) (4 bases total)
Cash out deliveries (what.) cash stacks around Los santos could be delivered back to grove street about 15 van with cash inside them they were usually guarded by ballas

Over 140 activities
How are the odds now? And this is only the ones that are required for 100% completion

ShadowDog94
  • ShadowDog94

Gaming since '94

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:03 PM

It feels empty because you have a short attention span. What exactly did you do in San Andreas once you had completed everything? You're supposed to make your OWN fun in sandbox games.

For real!  These guys who don't use their imagination in a game piss me off so badly!  I just...I don't know what to do.  No, I know what to do.  I'm going to go do some yoga with Michael, then watch a little bit of tv while smoking a cigar, then browse the internet, and then go run a triathlon.  That should cool my nerves a little.

Tell me all about the ''amazing'' things you could do in SA that aren't in GTA V then.

ColdHearted
  • ColdHearted

Nascar isn't a sport

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:05 PM

This right here. Stop complaining to us because you lack creativity. 

Why dont you two tell everyone what the secret to enjoying the game is then ? Or, let me guess you blow lots of cars up with sticky bombs ? tehehee funzz..... That only gets you so far its not 2004 anymore its october 2013 we expect more than yoga and a pathetic attempt at tennis this is supposed to be a game about crime they're supposed to supply the ingredients to make the game great for everyone who buys it but they failed for the second time in a row, good thing my PS4 will ne here in a few weeks, I cant f*cking wait to put this game in a corner somewhere.

• Immigration likes this

Immigration
  • Immigration

420 Warrior

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:06 PM

The game feels empty because R* half-assed the side activities,  who the hell wants to do Yoga and Play golf in a Crime Simulator lol, R* really sh*tted on us. 

bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:07 PM Edited by bish0p2004, 23 October 2013 - 04:08 PM.

Tell me all about the ''amazing'' things you could do in SA that aren't in GTA V then.

Read the post by the guy who mentioned the list of activities you can do in SA.

You're next response?  "well, it's about quality over quantity," or "those activities were boring to me even at the time."  

The responses to those statements by the way were already addressed as well in this very topic.

• ThroatSlasher2 likes this

shunsuke
  • shunsuke

AKA, Masatooo !

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:13 PM

Why dont you two tell everyone what the secret to enjoying the game is then ? Or, let me guess you blow lots of cars up with sticky bombs ? tehehee funzz..... That only gets you so far its not 2004 anymore its october 2013 we expect more than yoga and a pathetic attempt at tennis this is supposed to be a game about crime they're supposed to supply the ingredients to make the game great for everyone who buys it but they failed for the second time in a row, good thing my PS4 will ne here in a few weeks, I cant f*cking wait to put this game in a corner somewhere.

Will you leave this forum as well ? Anyway good riddance

DaWiesel
  • DaWiesel

Thug

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:16 PM

I take the quality (V) over quantity (SA) anytime. Can't people just let the past rest in peace? Good lord...

AviorVp
  • AviorVp

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:19 PM

I take the quality (V) over quantity (SA) anytime. Can't people just let the past rest in peace? Good lord...

I don't want the past.. I want more out of the future

ColdHearted
  • ColdHearted

Nascar isn't a sport

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:22 PM

Will you leave this forum as well ? Anyway good riddance

Not if it would make you happy.

Ermac.
  • Ermac.

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:22 PM Edited by mr6plow9, 23 October 2013 - 04:36 PM.

@bish0p2004 I wasn't trying to say that V has more activities than SA, I was just stating the fact that a large amount of the activities in SA that AviorVp listed were nonexistent without mods.

Osho
  • Osho

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:24 PM

Imagine Rockstar gave you GTA V with complete GTA SA packed and loaded.
Do you think the game will run that well with cut-out but limited version?
Simply not possible and it would have been good if Rockstar narrowed down the quantity to give us a much better lag free experience.
Take into account GTAO also. It would be a disaster to allow the consoles handle that huge world to run online.
I know whom to blame for GTA V potential dropped to the levels of not-so-great but still a good overall product. It's not Rockstar and once PC comes out we will see whether Rockstar justifies the game finally or not

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:33 PM Edited by spamtackey, 23 October 2013 - 04:41 PM.

GTA SA                                                                         GTA V

• Street Races: 19                                                        Street Races: 5
  • Air Races: 6                                                             Offroad Races: 6 
  • Taxi (50 fares)                                                               Sea Races: 4
  • Firefighter (12 levels)                                                     Taxi Fares: Endless
  • Paramedic (12 levels)                                                 Bail Bounties: 4
  • Pimping (10 pimpings)                                               Base Jumping: 13
  • Vigilante (12 levels)                                                Arms Traffic Air: 5
  • Freight (2 levels)                                            Arms Traffic Ground: 5
  • Courier (4 levels  3 versions)                 Ammu-Nation Gun Range: 18 challenges (6 weapon types 3 challenges each)
  • Trucking (8 levels)                                                              Hunting
  • Valet (5 levels)                                                           Flight School
  • Tags                                                                          Letter Scraps
  • Snapshots                                                           Space Ship Parts
  • Horeshoes                                                               Nuclear Waste
  • Oysters                                                                 Submarine Parts
  • Gym Moves                                                             Hold-up Stores
  • Ammu-Nation Gun Range                                           Stunt Jumps
  • Import/Export                                                               Knife Flights
  • 4 Schools                                                          Under-The-Bridges
  • Chiliad Challenge (3 races)                               57 Random Events
  • 2 Checkpoint Challenges                                             3 Triathlons
  • Home Invasion                                                                     Tennis
  • Basketball                                                                                Golf
  • Pool                                                                                        Darts
  • Dancing                                                                        See Movies
  • Hydraulic Competition                                             Get Drunk/High
  • 4 Arcade Games                                           Hang out with Friends  
  • Gang Wars                                                                    Buy Candy
  • Girlfriends                                                                       Strip Club
  • Gambling                                                                       Walk Chop
  • Character Customization                          Character Customization
  • Multiplayer (2 player local)                                           GTA: Online
  • Asset Missions (Zero, Wang Autos 9 missions)           Asset Side- Missions
  • Quarry                                                                                     Yoga
  • Purchase Safehouses (29)
  • Unique Jumps
  • Loco Syndicate Drug Courier (2 Missions repeating)
  • Buy Fast Food
  • Strip Club

If San Andreas beats out GTA V in features it's not by a huge lead. Maybe the activities lasted longer but they were repetitive and often dull. I, personally, kinda think GTA V is another matter of quantity vs quality like San Andreas was. They stuffed so much in but it's not really much more noteworthy than the way they did it in the past. Not a bad game but it certainly isn't empty of things to do. It's kinda empty of quality things to do and missing some noteworthy things from GTA's past. Everything has to fit within Rockstar's new Los Santos and no Bank Robber is going to be fighting fires or doing drug deals. 
  • Ermac. likes this

DaWiesel
  • DaWiesel

Thug

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:34 PM

I don't want the past.. I want more out of the future

What?

I really don't get what's so hard about going back to the SA roots...

Make up your mind, dammit.

The game feels empty because R* half-assed the side activities,  who the hell wants to do Yoga and Play golf in a Crime Simulator lol, R* really sh*tted on us. 

Who wants to play basket ball, pool, arcade games, taxi, ambulance or firetruck missions in a crime simulator, huh? That's a stupid argument, and you know it.

TabooV2
  • TabooV2

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:35 PM

Feels empty? what? O.o

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:44 PM

So, wait.. what could you do when you finished SA that wasn't boring? Spray tags? Paramedic, taxi, etc..? Because they're all boring and repetitive.

Oh non of that nonsense, you had the option to rob houses, go to the gym, mod cars and participate in drug dealing , you could drive up the country and do farm jobs you have gambling and enforcer jobs , tons of side missions , houses to buy.. And the list just keeps on going GTA V has nothing on SA in that department.

Robbing houses was repetitive and not rewarding at all, going to the gym was just mashing the X/space button/bar, modding cars you can do in GTA V, I don't remember being able to actually participate in drug dealings unless your using Deji's black market mod, farm jobs aren't exactly fun, gambling I personally never had an interest in, enforcer job I have no idea what you're talking about, tons of side missions... please explain more and buying hoses isn't exactly fun..

You prefer Golf, tennis and Yoga ? Of course ! Those ones BREATHE GTA from all over the place right ? f*ck gambling and the ability to buy big ass villas and penthouses when I can sit for a mere 45 minutes and enjoy ONE TIME the Television ^.^ Boy oh boy, let the fun begin sir. Please tell me how you much you enjoyed the Internet, Radio and Television after 5 years in IV.

The Governor
  • The Governor

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:51 PM

There are a lot of things that you listed that either weren't present in San Andreas without mods or completely made up.

We'll since you go down that path lets whip-out the full list , and no kiddin I appreciate your effort

Inside track betting
Pool
Bowling (wasn't in SA)
Roulette (falls under gambling) So what shut up.
Gambling
Pimping
Golf (wasn't in SA) Who cares its f*cking lame.
Basketball
Gym
Farming and combine jobs (wasn't in SA) (14 total) Dont remember this
Bounties (wasn't in SA) (outskirts and desert only) There were assination missions
Airplane races
Bike races
Car races
Boat racing (wasn't in SA) Yes it was
Drug dealing (wasn't in SA) (27 packages to deal) You could deliver drugs on a BMX.
Drug package locating (wasn't in SA) (27 packages to find) YES IT WAS, LIKE THE BIRD THING IN IV.
Vehicle repo (wasn't in SA, unless you mean the import/export list in San Fierro) Yeah, that is what he means
Taxi jobs
Ambulance jobs
Police work
Mob enforcer (alright, now I'm convinced you're making things up)  I dont remember this or the 2 below
Protection repo (see above) (13 total)
UFO investigating (see above, again...) (15 total)
Arcade games
Flight school
Driving school
Boat school
Snapshooting ( 50 snapshots total)
Girlfriends and dating
Vehicle business (30 vehicles to recover)
Eating
Train robbing (you don't rob trains, you can drive them from point to point for cash) AT LEAST YOU COULD f*ckING DRIVE EM'
Store lifting
CIA jobs (nope) (4 total) Part of the story you idiot
Strip clubs
Cult reqreuitment (no) Who gives a f*ck
Stoner jobs (no) (towing dope fields) (every 12 hours)
BASE jumping (you can do this, but it isn't an actual side mission) (31 buildings)
Parachuting (same as above) (57 points)
Military base invasions (once again, same as above) (4 bases total)
Cash out deliveries (what.) He probably means the lorry driving missions

Over 140 activities
How are the odds now? And this is only the ones that are required for 100% completion

REEEE-MIX

The moral of the story is STFU YOU GOT OWNED BY THE OP DEAL WITH IT, BOY.

This guy..... waaa...daaa....fuuuuuuuq.....

Anyways, back to the actual discussion, the biggest problem with SA activities were how boring and monotonous they were.  I'd much rather have quality over quantity....

Now, having said that, as much as I love GTA V, I agree the end game is lacking and even the activities (although better than SA), still are boring and monotonous.  Golf is decent, they did a good job with that one, just needs more than 9 holes and 1 course.  The rest could really use some work.

I've been at end game for awhile now and I have hardly done any of the extra activities.  I've tried them but havn't gone back yet.  I've just been collecting and modding cars, exploring and finding sniper nests, then try to last out a 5 star wanted level.

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:51 PM

Quality over quantity.. just because SA has more doesn't mean they were fun and entertaining.

I agree...but people did enjoy doing a lot of those side activities and would have probably enjoyed improved versions of them versus a lot of the activities we have now.  Hell, I don't even mind having new activities, but if you're going to scrap the old ones, make sure the new ones are at least comparable in entertainment value, if not better than the old ones.

The fact, the more there is activities to do, the more chance you have from finding one, just one, that you'll really like and do more often. V on the other hand, doesn't really do much for itself. I just completed it 100% a few days ago and damn... it's so empty.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:14 PM

So that list of SA "activities", quite a few of those are actually mods, that's like complaining why doesn't GTAV have an LSPD mode (in reference to the LCPD Mod for GTA IV). I know people look back on San Andreas through rose tinted spes, but damn, drug dealing, drug harvesting, etc, where are you getting that sh*t from? And one of you said you hunt for Drug Packages, NOPE, the collectibles in SA are tags (LS), Shells (Water), Pictures (SF) and Horseshoes (LV).

Cicero The Great
  • Cicero The Great

Only We can use majestic plural, deal with it

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:23 PM

-

So, wait.. what could you do when you finished SA that wasn't boring? Spray tags? Paramedic, taxi, etc..? Because they're all boring and repetitive.

Oh non of that nonsense, you had the option to rob houses, go to the gym, mod cars and participate in drug dealing , you could drive up the country and do farm jobs you have gambling and enforcer jobs , tons of side missions , houses to buy.. And the list just keeps on going GTA V has nothing on SA in that department.
Robbing houses was repetitive and not rewarding at all, going to the gym was just mashing the X/space button/bar, modding cars you can do in GTA V, I don't remember being able to actually participate in drug dealings unless your using Deji's black market mod, farm jobs aren't exactly fun, gambling I personally never had an interest in, enforcer job I have no idea what you're talking about, tons of side missions... please explain more and buying hoses isn't exactly fun..
You prefer Golf, tennis and Yoga ? Of course ! Those ones BREATHE GTA from all over the place right ? f*ck gambling and the ability to buy big ass villas and penthouses when I can sit for a mere 45 minutes and enjoy ONE TIME the Television ^.^ Boy oh boy, let the fun begin sir. Please tell me how you much you enjoyed the Internet, Radio and Television after 5 years in IV.
Golf, parachuting, triathlon, races etc. are fun but the op is partially right

We have heists, bounties, assassinations but they' re too few, not ad infinitum like vigilante missions or drug wars in IV

We have properties...great and fun, but where are the interiors or a proper management system ? We aren't even able to invest on them or send someone to take care of gang attacks in the case

We have some pretty good interior, but we can't access it in free roaming

We have a casino, not accessible, again (DLC?)

We have a race track and the maze bank arena, see above

We have underwater gameplay, but we can't hunt for treasures, neither fishing something

We have a huge and detailed map, yeah, but something is missing here, and we bet that without multiplayer and dlcs the single player experience would have been far superior

Even the story and the characters feels somewhat dull and rushed, they simply lack the creativity of red dead redemption or the first mafia

Let's hope in some decent DLC for sp, tbogt was a bless for GTA IV at the time

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:08 PM

GTA V is too restrictive and gets in the way of fun. No other GTA ever done that to the level that V does. It was waaaay over-hyped and the whole "less is moar" BS is lame-o and a cop-out. No vigilante no taxi missions no firefighter missions no ambulance missions cranes don't work--THE LIST GOES ON AND ON. V was a dud. A beautiful looking dud, but a dud, none the less.

GTA564
  • GTA564

gta>

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:28 PM Edited by GTA564, 23 October 2013 - 09:33 PM.

^egoloss. agree with you GTA V  is the best

Look at how the city looks - very realistic and beautiful

GTA IV's city looked very bad

You complain about the amount of NPC's on the streets, so wait for the PC version - more processing power will make it possible

for more NPC's,  PS3/X360 is only the base & it's look marvelous

vashts1985
  • vashts1985

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:38 PM

I've copied this from the GTA Wiki.

Hobbies and Pastimes
There are 42 hobbies and pastimes times in GTA V which contribute to 10% of the 100% game completion. 

• Arms Trafficking Air
  • Arms Trafficking Ground
  • Assassinations
  • Bail Bonds
  • Endless Summer
  • Flight School
  • Hunting
  • Off-Road Races
  • Parachuting
  • Property Management
  • Sea Races
  • Shooting Range
  • Sports
  • Golf There is only 1 Golf course in GTA V and it is called the Los Santos Golf Club, located near Richman. A full tutorial is given on entry and the entry cost is $100. There is 9 holes ranging from par 3's to par 5's. You can also play different members ranging in difficulty. Before you can play Golf you must first complete Franklin's Mission "Complications".
  • Darts becomes available after the completion of the "Crystal Maze" mission and its located in the Yellow Jack Inn near Route 66 and the Grand Sanora Desert. 301 is the only mode available.
  • Tennis  becomes available after the completion of Franklin's mission "Complications". There is a number of settings available before the start of the game such as difficulty and matches. There are 8 court locations in Los Santos.
  • Triathlon #1 or Vespucci Triathlon is located on Vespucci Beach. It is a three discipline event made up of swimming, cycling and running and is very useful for increasing player stamina.
  • Triathlon #2 or the Alamo Sea Triathlon is located in Grapeseed. It is longer and more difficult than the first triathlon but can only be unlocked after the completion of the Vespucci Triathlon.
  • Triathlon #3 or Coyote Cross Country Traithlon is a gruelling ordeal located in Sandy Shores. This is a 30 minute triathlon and 100% stamina is advisible. 
 14. Street Races
 15. Strip Clubs
 16. Towing
 17. Yoga can be unlocked after the completion of Michael's mission "Did Someone Say Yoga?". This activity is ideal to increasing Michael's special ability boost bar, meaning he can slow down time in gun fights for longer.
It doesn't mention the cinema, TV, random encounters, taxi jobs and vehicle customization (which is much deeper than in SA).  Clearly superior to San Andreas when it comes to activities.

Inside track betting
Pool
Bowling
Roulette
Gambling
Pimping
Golf
Basketball
Gym
Farming and combine jobs (14 total)
Bounties (outskirts and desert only)
Airplane races
Bike races
Car races
Boat racing
Drug dealing (27 packages to deal)
Drug package locating (27 packages to find)
Vehicle repo (Los santos only)
Taxi jobs
Ambulance jobs
Police work
Mob enforcer (12 total)
Protection repo (13 total)
UFO investigating (15 total)
Arcade games
Flight school
Driving school
Boat school
Snapshooting ( 40 snapshots total)
Girlfriends and dating
Vehicle business (20 vehicles to recover)
Eating
Train robbing (3 stocks total)
Store lifting
CIA jobs (4 total)
Strip clubs
Cult reqreuitment
Stoner jobs (towing dope fields) (every 12 hours)
BASE jumping (31 buildings)
Parachuting (57 points)
Military base invasions (4 bases total)
Cash out deliveries

Over 140 activities

but GTAV has bigger square pixle miles. obviously its bigger.

(he says sarcastically)

OGLuke
  • OGLuke

frickie van hardenburgs best buddy friend

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:43 PM Edited by mr. libs, 23 October 2013 - 09:45 PM.

I've had to create my own minigames to keep from selling this game

just yesterday I rode around on trevor's modded mower and played darts with a tractor and satchel charges on the highway. The back of the tractor was my board and the charges were used as darts. I f*cking won!!!

that and sometimes I'll play shark attack by stabbing swimmers to death.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users