Photo

Why does this game still feels empty?

53 replies to this topic
AviorVp
  • AviorVp

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:37 PM

Honestly I wasn't blown away by the game, I now realize the hype was way to high about it, but something I expected was at least some kind of bloating versatility-wise , I really don't get what's so hard about going back to the SA roots, I mean they've done it before with more primitive technology.

My point is basically that this game feels empty,not as much as IV felt but it still has that feeling to it, like other than missions nothing really matters , because it really doesn't, I expected health care, more hang out options, better activities (hunting is basically kill an NPC and send pictures like a sicko) I expected a more complex and rewarding system to those activities like in RDR where you would skin and sell pelts for different rates depending on how rare that product is, and some gym thing to buff up or getting fat from eating a lot of junk food with friends, but instead we get the same go to a bar and walk drunk in the streets for 10 seconds like in IV , honestly my only goal right now after I finished it once is get load of cash from the Lester stock manipulation missions and buy some places and see how that works out, other than that every other activity is a one timer that really is boring to do again.

What do you think about it?
  • Shah Sam and SmokeyB34Rx like this

egoloss
  • egoloss

Adam Santos

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:39 PM

Best GTA yet. I don't even think it was over-hyped, it's a masterpiece from graphics to gameplay. 

• Trevor-Fuckin-Phillips likes this

user14
  • user14

Prankster

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:41 PM

It's the worst gta yet
  • theGTAking101 likes this

TJGM
  • TJGM

GTA Mods Led-By

• Feroci
  • Ireland

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:42 PM

So, wait.. what could you do when you finished SA that wasn't boring? Spray tags? Paramedic, taxi, etc..? Because they're all boring and repetitive.

• theGTAking101 and AviorVp like this

AviorVp
  • AviorVp

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:45 PM

Best GTA yet. I don't even think it was over-hyped, it's a masterpiece from graphics to gameplay. 

I wasn't speaking about the graphics, they're great and all but what about after the story is wrapped up? What have you got left to do? , I still play RDR to date because it's a game that never ends , you always have something to do, the world evolve and suck you into it by strangers needing help , cashing pelts cleaning gang hideouts , GTA V is just yoga yoga yoga

John The Grudge
  • John The Grudge

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:48 PM

You're being a little vague about what features you'd like to see that aren't already in the game.  The activities available in GTA V have more depth than in any previous GTA.  Beyond the main story no previous GTA game has offered the depth and possibilities that GTA V does.  I think you're looking at San Andreas through rose tinted glasses.  GTA V is a superior game in every concievable way and there's more enjoyable things to do in it once the story ends than there was in SA.

AviorVp
  • AviorVp

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:49 PM

So, wait.. what could you do when you finished SA that wasn't boring? Spray tags? Paramedic, taxi, etc..? Because they're all boring and repetitive.

Oh non of that nonsense, you had the option to rob houses, go to the gym, mod cars and participate in drug dealing , you could drive up the country and do farm jobs you have gambling and enforcer jobs , tons of side missions , houses to buy.. And the list just keeps on going GTA V has nothing on SA in that department.

Osho
  • Osho

The Jackal

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:50 PM

You are Half right, Half wrong and nothing new

Hooves07
  • Hooves07

Prankster

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:53 PM

When they said hunting was in the game...I shot a deer and stood over it trying to figure how to skin it (or what ever they allowed to make a profit). I was like the f*ck are you suppose to do here. THEN I found the stranger quest went hunting and....took a photo of it... :/

The f*ck R*?

AviorVp
  • AviorVp

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:55 PM

You're being a little vague about what features you'd like to see that aren't already in the game.  The activities available in GTA V have more depth than in any previous GTA.  Beyond the main story no previous GTA game has offered the depth and possibilities that GTA V does.  I think you're looking at San Andreas through rose tinted glasses.  GTA V is a superior game in every concievable way and there's more enjoyable things to do in it once the story ends than there was in SA.

Oh god no, iam not being psusdo-nostalgic-SA-was-PUREGOLD here, SA Was horrible story-wise but beyond that here's a tiny list of stuff you could do
Farming jobs
Racing in any vehicle type
Enforcer jobs
Drug dealing
Gambling
Hood takeovers
House buying
House robbing
Vehicle pimping
Vehicle repo
Gyms
Shootouts
Police work (chasing bounties and stuff)
The list just keeps going , now they might not be as complex as V's activities are, but for that era in gaming they were more than enough, I expected those kind of stuff, they might not suit each character in V but rockstar could work something out

John The Grudge
  • John The Grudge

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:57 PM Edited by John The Grudge, 23 October 2013 - 02:59 PM.

I've copied this from the GTA Wiki.

Hobbies and Pastimes

There are 42 hobbies and pastimes times in GTA V which contribute to 10% of the 100% game completion. 

1. Arms Trafficking Air
  2. Arms Trafficking Ground
  3. Assassinations
  4. Bail Bonds
  5. Endless Summer
  6. Flight School
  7. Hunting
  8. Off-Road Races
  9. Parachuting
  10. Property Management
  11. Sea Races
  12. Shooting Range
  13. Sports
  • Golf There is only 1 Golf course in GTA V and it is called the Los Santos Golf Club, located near Richman. A full tutorial is given on entry and the entry cost is $100. There is 9 holes ranging from par 3's to par 5's. You can also play different members ranging in difficulty. Before you can play Golf you must first complete Franklin's Mission "Complications".
  • Darts becomes available after the completion of the "Crystal Maze" mission and its located in the Yellow Jack Inn near Route 66 and the Grand Sanora Desert. 301 is the only mode available.
  • Tennis  becomes available after the completion of Franklin's mission "Complications". There is a number of settings available before the start of the game such as difficulty and matches. There are 8 court locations in Los Santos.
  • Triathlon #1 or Vespucci Triathlon is located on Vespucci Beach. It is a three discipline event made up of swimming, cycling and running and is very useful for increasing player stamina.
  • Triathlon #2 or the Alamo Sea Triathlon is located in Grapeseed. It is longer and more difficult than the first triathlon but can only be unlocked after the completion of the Vespucci Triathlon.
  • Triathlon #3 or Coyote Cross Country Traithlon is a gruelling ordeal located in Sandy Shores. This is a 30 minute triathlon and 100% stamina is advisible. 

14. Street Races

15. Strip Clubs

16. Towing

17. Yoga can be unlocked after the completion of Michael's mission "Did Someone Say Yoga?". This activity is ideal to increasing Michael's special ability boost bar, meaning he can slow down time in gun fights for longer.

It doesn't mention the cinema, TV, random encounters, taxi jobs and vehicle customization (which is much deeper than in SA).  Clearly superior to San Andreas when it comes to activities.

AviorVp
  • AviorVp

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:58 PM

When they said hunting was in the game...I shot a deer and stood over it trying to figure how to skin it (or what ever they allowed to make a profit). I was like the f*ck are you suppose to do here. THEN I found the stranger quest went hunting and....took a photo of it... :/

The f*ck R*?

Exactly my thoughts, a picture? That's it? Hahaha.. You would expect someone as crazy as trevor to enjoy skinning animal and loading them on his truck then making profit out of it.. But instead you just take a picture..

You are Half right, Half wrong and nothing new

Half wrong how? And I wasn't meaning to point out something new... I was trying to figure out how people feel and deal with it

TJGM
  • TJGM

GTA Mods Led-By

• Feroci
  • Ireland

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:04 PM Edited by TheJAMESGM, 23 October 2013 - 03:05 PM.

Oh non of that nonsense, you had the option to rob houses, go to the gym, mod cars and participate in drug dealing , you could drive up the country and do farm jobs you have gambling and enforcer jobs , tons of side missions , houses to buy.. And the list just keeps on going GTA V has nothing on SA in that department.

Robbing houses was repetitive and not rewarding at all, going to the gym was just mashing the X/space button/bar, modding cars you can do in GTA V, I don't remember being able to actually participate in drug dealings unless your using Deji's black market mod, farm jobs aren't exactly fun, gambling I personally never had an interest in, enforcer job I have no idea what you're talking about, tons of side missions... please explain more and buying hoses isn't exactly fun..

• ShadowDog94 likes this

Tikhung
  • Tikhung

Where is my mind?

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:10 PM

Kid...

AviorVp
  • AviorVp

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:13 PM Edited by AviorVp, 23 October 2013 - 03:24 PM.

Hobbies and Pastimes
There are 42 hobbies and pastimes times in GTA V which contribute to 10% of the 100% game completion. 

• Arms Trafficking Air
  • Arms Trafficking Ground
  • Assassinations
  • Bail Bonds
  • Endless Summer
  • Flight School
  • Hunting
  • Off-Road Races
  • Parachuting
  • Property Management
  • Sea Races
  • Shooting Range
  • Sports
  • Golf There is only 1 Golf course in GTA V and it is called the Los Santos Golf Club, located near Richman. A full tutorial is given on entry and the entry cost is $100. There is 9 holes ranging from par 3's to par 5's. You can also play different members ranging in difficulty. Before you can play Golf you must first complete Franklin's Mission "Complications".
  • Darts becomes available after the completion of the "Crystal Maze" mission and its located in the Yellow Jack Inn near Route 66 and the Grand Sanora Desert. 301 is the only mode available.
  • Tennis  becomes available after the completion of Franklin's mission "Complications". There is a number of settings available before the start of the game such as difficulty and matches. There are 8 court locations in Los Santos.
  • Triathlon #1 or Vespucci Triathlon is located on Vespucci Beach. It is a three discipline event made up of swimming, cycling and running and is very useful for increasing player stamina.
  • Triathlon #2 or the Alamo Sea Triathlon is located in Grapeseed. It is longer and more difficult than the first triathlon but can only be unlocked after the completion of the Vespucci Triathlon.
  • Triathlon #3 or Coyote Cross Country Traithlon is a gruelling ordeal located in Sandy Shores. This is a 30 minute triathlon and 100% stamina is advisible. 
 14. Street Races
 15. Strip Clubs
 16. Towing
 17. Yoga can be unlocked after the completion of Michael's mission "Did Someone Say Yoga?". This activity is ideal to increasing Michael's special ability boost bar, meaning he can slow down time in gun fights for longer.
It doesn't mention the cinema, TV, random encounters, taxi jobs and vehicle customization (which is much deeper than in SA).  Clearly superior to San Andreas when it comes to activities.
We'll since you go down that path lets whip-out the full list , and no kiddin I appreciate your effort

Inside track betting
Pool
Bowling
Roulette
Gambling
Pimping
Hood takeover ( 12 hoods to take over)
Golf
Basketball
Gym
Farming and combine jobs (14 total)
Bounties (outskirts and desert only)
Airplane races
Low rider challenges (6 challanges)
Bike races
Car races
Boat racing
Drug dealing (27 packages to deal)
Drug package locating (27 packages to find)
Vehicle repo (Los santos only)
Taxi jobs
Ambulance jobs
Police work
Mob enforcer (12 total)
Protection repo (13 total)
UFO investigating (15 total)
Arcade games
Ammu-nation shooting range
Flight school
Driving school
Boat school
Snapshooting ( 40 snapshots total)
Girlfriends and dating
Vehicle business (20 vehicles to recover)
Side missions* (37 total)
Eating
Train robbing (3 stocks total)
Store lifting
Gang bangling (39 total unless big smoke dies first)
Home invasion (12 jobs total and random afterwards)
CIA jobs (4 total)
Strip clubs
Cult reqreuitment
Stoner jobs (towing dope fields) (every 12 hours)
BASE jumping (31 buildings)
Parachuting (57 points)
Military base invasions (4 bases total)
Cash out deliveries

Over 140 activities
How are the odds now? And this is only the ones that are required for 100% completion
  • vashts1985 likes this

Hooves07
  • Hooves07

Prankster

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:17 PM Edited by Hooves07, 23 October 2013 - 03:17 PM.

Hobbies and Pastimes

1. Arms Trafficking Air
  2. Arms Trafficking Ground
  3. Assassinations
  4. Bail Bonds
  5. Endless Summer
  6. Flight School
  7. Hunting
  8. Off-Road Races
  9. Parachuting
  10. Property Management
  11. Sea Races
  12. Shooting Range
  13. Sports

14. Street Races

15. Strip Clubs

16. Towing

You mean FIVE assassination missions and FOUR bounty hunting missions. You shouldn't even mention those because they don't last. Not like the WANTED missions in Red Dead.

Hunting...I pretty much said what I think about that bullsh*t.

Property management...pick this up bring it in x amount of time. Stop the guy who robbed us and there's a shoot out. FAR from managing. The Taxi missions are alright so there's a plus.

The majority of things to do is racing...add the superficial "customization" of vehicle performance and you got BLAH.

The best thing to come from yoga is the phrase "did someone say yoga"...

bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:22 PM Edited by bish0p2004, 23 October 2013 - 03:23 PM.

Hobbies and Pastimes

• Arms Trafficking Air
  • Arms Trafficking Ground
  • Assassinations
  • Bail Bonds
  • Endless Summer
  • Flight School
  • Hunting
  • Off-Road Races
  • Parachuting
  • Property Management
  • Sea Races
  • Shooting Range
  • Sports
 14. Street Races
 15. Strip Clubs
 16. Towing
We'll since you go down that path lets whip-out the full list , and no kiddin I appreciate your effort

Inside track betting
Pool
Bowling
Roulette
Gambling
Pimping
Hood takeover
Golf
Basketball
Gym
Farming and combine jobs
Bounties (outskirts and desert only)
Airplane races
Low rider challenges
Bike races
Car races
Boat racing
Drug dealing
Drug package locating
Vehicle repo (Los santos only)
Taxi jobs
Ambulance jobs
Police work
Mob enforcer
Protection repo
UFO investigating
Arcade games
Flight school
Driving school
Boat school
Snapshooting
Girlfriends and dating
Vehicle business
Eating
Train robbing
Store lifting
Gang bangling
Home invasion
CIA jobs
Strip clubs
Cult reqreuitment
Stoner jobs (towing dope fields)
BASE jumping
Parachuting
Military base invasions
Cash out deliveries

Over 140 activities
How are the odds now? And this is only the ones that are required for 100% completion

lol....damn.

Now, I'm not one to say quantity over quality and V does have some quality activities, but the majority of them (especially the good ones) are limited by the amount you can do which is a BIG negative in my book when it comes to sandbox games.  Might as well just make everything linear.

Also, anyone who uses yoga, watching tv, internet, or triathlons as a way to show how GTA V is a superior to other games should just stop gaming in general.

TJGM
  • TJGM

GTA Mods Led-By

• Feroci
  • Ireland

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:22 PM Edited by TheJAMESGM, 23 October 2013 - 03:25 PM.

Quality over quantity.. just because SA has more doesn't mean they were fun and entertaining.

I agree with you though, I still think the GTA V activities need some work. Hunting was a real let down and it's rare that I play golf or tennis etc.. but yet I still find ways to have fun with this game after I've finished the story twice.

But comparing SA's activities to V doesn't make any sense since they're both on completely different hardware, you'd be make a fairer comparison comparing V's activities to RDR and GTA IV's side activities instead.

bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:26 PM Edited by bish0p2004, 23 October 2013 - 03:27 PM.

Quality over quantity.. just because SA has more doesn't mean they were fun and entertaining.

I agree...but people did enjoy doing a lot of those side activities and would have probably enjoyed improved versions of them versus a lot of the activities we have now.  Hell, I don't even mind having new activities, but if you're going to scrap the old ones, make sure the new ones are at least comparable in entertainment value, if not better than the old ones.

AviorVp
  • AviorVp

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:28 PM Edited by AviorVp, 23 October 2013 - 03:35 PM.

I agree with you though, I still think the GTA V activities need some work. Hunting was a real let down and it's rare that I play golf or tennis etc.. but yet I still find ways to have fun with this game after I've finished the story twice.

But comparing SA's activities to V doesn't make any sense since they're both on completely different hardware, you'd be better off comparing V's activities to RDR and GTA IV's side activities instead.

Exactly my point, anything mentioned in that list is a full actual mission, not some spray tag bullsh*t, you needed to make drug deals go smoothly to get the cash and not get bailed out , you needed to actually go quite into military bases and steal equipment , enforcer jobs required to not hurt the victim too much but just enough to scare him good, they were deep enough back in the day , I dunno man I played golf and tennis and it's very complex with wind being involved and all that but still the game lacks content.

Edit: RDR has no actual activities the world throws them at you, yes there are minigames but to hunt you just walk around the snow with your horse , to help some damsel in distress you only need to ride around the world is always working in rdr whereas in gta v it's just "hey he robbed my store! Get the bag and get 25% on sh*tty cloths!" Kind of thing

TJGM
  • TJGM

GTA Mods Led-By

• Feroci
  • Ireland

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:29 PM Edited by TheJAMESGM, 23 October 2013 - 03:32 PM.

I agree...but people did enjoy doing a lot of those side activities and would have probably enjoyed improved versions of them versus a lot of the activities we have now.  Hell, I don't even mind having new activities, but if you're going to scrap the old ones, make sure the new ones are at least comparable in entertainment value, if not better than the old ones.

Yup. I was hoping to see Drug Wars come back from TBoGT.. not sure why R* removed them. Would've been perfect for Franklin helping out Lamar.

EDIT: Along with the above post. I agree, the game is lacking some content still. I was excited when I heard rampages were coming back and then when the game released I noticed there was only five of them in total, and they were also pretty easy since they have Trevor's special ability on all the time. Vigilante should've also made a return with the same system as IV, another nice side mission which they removed for no reason. I also felt as if there wasn't enough assassination missions too, even they felt way too short.

Osho
  • Osho

The Jackal

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:34 PM

I mean
they've done it before with more
primitive technology.

There "Half wrong"
If you mean PS2 GTA SA compared to GTA V in terms of all the 'lacking', 'missing' and 'interesting stuff' refered to than I don't know how to convince you that GTA V is way better! ...
It was the PC version that everyone here are listing a big deal of missing charm and quality from GTA V and PC version has yet not arrived.
So, now what? ..
blame the improved graphics, realism, great character modelling and top notch everything in the atmosphere and game world that lead to a lot of adjustments in the department of quantity of fun and limited to the quality of easily playable with no frame drops and memory leaks, etc.
I can link you PS2 PC GTA SA difference to understand how big as a console game an improvement, kudos R*

bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:37 PM Edited by bish0p2004, 23 October 2013 - 03:39 PM.

I mean
they've done it before with more
primitive technology.

So, now what? ..
blame the improved graphics, realism, great character modelling and top notch everything in the atmosphere and game world that lead to a lot of adjustments in the department of quantity of fun and limited to the quality of easily playable with no frame drops and memory leaks, etc.
I can link you PS2 PC GTA SA difference to understand how big as a console game an improvement, kudos R*

All of the improvements you listed (which pretty much can be narrowed down to graphics and animations) are expected of a game on better technology.

So, while we have all of these people claiming that fans of the 3D era games are nostalgic, it seems to me that the people who prefer the newer games only do so because they're prettier.

Ermac.
  • Ermac.

sucka fo love

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:37 PM

There are a lot of things that you listed that either weren't present in San Andreas without mods or completely made up.

Inside track betting
Pool
Bowling (wasn't in SA)
Roulette (falls under gambling)
Gambling
Pimping
Golf (wasn't in SA)
Basketball
Gym
Farming and combine jobs (wasn't in SA) (14 total)
Bounties (wasn't in SA) (outskirts and desert only)
Airplane races
Bike races
Car races
Boat racing (wasn't in SA)
Drug dealing (wasn't in SA) (27 packages to deal)
Drug package locating (wasn't in SA) (27 packages to find)
Vehicle repo (wasn't in SA, unless you mean the import/export list in San Fierro) (Los santos only)
Taxi jobs
Ambulance jobs
Police work
Mob enforcer (alright, now I'm convinced you're making things up) (12 total)
Protection repo (see above) (13 total)
UFO investigating (see above, again...) (15 total)
Arcade games
Flight school
Driving school
Boat school
Snapshooting ( 50 snapshots total)
Girlfriends and dating
Vehicle business (30 vehicles to recover)
Eating
Train robbing (you don't rob trains, you can drive them from point to point for cash) (3 stocks total)
Store lifting
CIA jobs (nope) (4 total)
Strip clubs
Cult reqreuitment (no)
Stoner jobs (no) (towing dope fields) (every 12 hours)
BASE jumping (you can do this, but it isn't an actual side mission) (31 buildings)
Parachuting (same as above) (57 points)
Military base invasions (once again, same as above) (4 bases total)
Cash out deliveries (what.)

Over 140 activities

• TJGM likes this

AviorVp
  • AviorVp

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:43 PM

Yup. I was hoping to see Drug Wars come back from TBoGT.. not sure why R* removed them. Would've been perfect for Franklin helping out Lamar.

EDIT: Along with the above post. I agree, the game is lacking some content still. I was excited when I heard rampages were coming back and then when the game released I noticed there was only five of them in total, and they were also pretty easy since they have Trevor's special ability on all the time. Vigilante should've also made a return with the same system as IV, another nice side mission which they removed for no reason. I also felt as if there wasn't enough assassination missions too, even they felt way too short.

Those are my feelings , they feel short and make you want more, but they just end so fast and so small in quantity which is what gives me the feeling of emptiness , SA had you stuffed with activities , it's probably the longest game I can remember , reaching a 100% after a month of playing , yeah not every activity was good but there were a lot that were very complex for back in the day, I expected that kind of stuff from V and in my opinion it didn't deliver

JustOneMonth
  • JustOneMonth

Griefer? Better Call Saul!

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:44 PM Edited by JustOneMonth, 23 October 2013 - 03:49 PM.

I wasn't speaking about the graphics, they're great and all but what about after the story is wrapped up? What have you got left to do? , I still play RDR to date because it's a game that never ends , you always have something to do, the world evolve and suck you into it by strangers needing help , cashing pelts cleaning gang hideouts , GTA V is just yoga yoga yoga

... Damn, thats you. I got tired of Red Dead after a year, half single and two times the multiplayer mode wich i think is better then GTA O, but it just launched anyways.

If you get tired of a game because you finished the story mode, why even bother going after a GTA. Man, it ain´t linear. Its a sandbox for a reason. 

What majorly dissapointed me was Fort Zacudo, i expected more of a military base but meh.

Edit: Now i comprehend you after reading new comments, i feel exactly what you said now, the heists are short and feel cheap, special powers are really meh and story wise, it gave me no feels for its protsgonists. After the first heist i was all trilled up for more... Nothing. 

Love the way they doesen´t let us do anything crime related anymore because of character. Sure, franklin can do rampages if we make him do it. But gang wars? No no n o no no.

Sure Michael is obssessed with adrenaline, but set up non story related heists? No, thats out of character.

ColdHearted
  • ColdHearted

Nascar isn't a sport

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:51 PM

There are a lot of things that you listed that either weren't present in San Andreas without mods or completely made up.

Inside track betting
Pool
Bowling (wasn't in SA)
Roulette (falls under gambling) So what shut up.
Gambling
Pimping
Golf (wasn't in SA) Who cares its f*cking lame.
Basketball
Gym
Farming and combine jobs (wasn't in SA) (14 total) Dont remember this
Bounties (wasn't in SA) (outskirts and desert only) There were assination missions
Airplane races
Bike races
Car races
Boat racing (wasn't in SA) Yes it was
Drug dealing (wasn't in SA) (27 packages to deal) You could deliver drugs on a BMX.
Drug package locating (wasn't in SA) (27 packages to find) YES IT WAS, LIKE THE BIRD THING IN IV.
Vehicle repo (wasn't in SA, unless you mean the import/export list in San Fierro) Yeah, that is what he means
Taxi jobs
Ambulance jobs
Police work
Mob enforcer (alright, now I'm convinced you're making things up)  I dont remember this or the 2 below
Arcade games
Flight school
Driving school
Boat school
Girlfriends and dating
Eating
Train robbing (you don't rob trains, you can drive them from point to point for cash) AT LEAST YOU COULD f*ckING DRIVE EM'
Store lifting
CIA jobs (nope) (4 total) Part of the story you idiot
Strip clubs
Cult reqreuitment (no) Who gives a f*ck
BASE jumping (you can do this, but it isn't an actual side mission) (31 buildings)
Cash out deliveries (what.) He probably means the lorry driving missions

Over 140 activities

REEEE-MIX

The moral of the story is STFU YOU GOT OWNED BY THE OP DEAL WITH IT, BOY.

bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:52 PM Edited by bish0p2004, 23 October 2013 - 03:55 PM.

Inside track betting
Pool
Bowling (wasn't in SA)
Roulette (falls under gambling)
Gambling
Pimping
Golf (wasn't in SA)
Basketball
Gym
Farming and combine jobs (wasn't in SA) (14 total)
Bounties (wasn't in SA) (outskirts and desert only)
Airplane races
Bike races
Car races
Boat racing (wasn't in SA)
Drug dealing (wasn't in SA) (27 packages to deal)
Drug package locating (wasn't in SA) (27 packages to find)
Vehicle repo (wasn't in SA, unless you mean the import/export list in San Fierro) (Los santos only)
Taxi jobs
Ambulance jobs
Police work
Mob enforcer (alright, now I'm convinced you're making things up) (12 total)
Arcade games
Flight school
Driving school
Boat school
Girlfriends and dating
Eating
Train robbing (you don't rob trains, you can drive them from point to point for cash) (3 stocks total)
Store lifting
CIA jobs (nope) (4 total)
Strip clubs
Cult reqreuitment (no)
Cash out deliveries (what.)

Over 140 activities

Funny how you break this list down, but not the guy who posted the features in V.  Not saying that the SA list is accurate, but it still has more content then V even with your corrections.

Anyways, one of your arguments is the Roulette, which falls under gambling...yet, the post you are quoting is in response to another post about the features in V which mentions Triathlons 3 times.  Still gambling can be broken down because they are different types of games within the game.  Drug dealing was in as well with the ice cream truck.  Wasn't as cool as China Wars, but it was still there and if the other poster can mention something as stupid as yoga, then the drug dealing can be mentioned here.  You also mention base jumping and parachuting as not being side activities, but then ignore the guy who did the same thing when posting the activities for V.

Bottom line is, there were still more things to do in SA and for a lot of people, this was fun at the time.

• ThroatSlasher2 likes this

ShadowDog94
  • ShadowDog94

Gaming since '94

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:53 PM

It feels empty because you have a short attention span. What exactly did you do in San Andreas once you had completed everything? You're supposed to make your OWN fun in sandbox games.

cldd
  • cldd

Prankster

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:56 PM

It feels empty because you have a short attention span. What exactly did you do in San Andreas once you had completed everything? You're supposed to make your OWN fun in sandbox games.

This right here. Stop complaining to us because you lack creativity. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users