Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA 5 on Next Gen - Hint from Microsoft?

11 replies to this topic
PRJCTZ3R0
  • PRJCTZ3R0

Sharpshooter

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:25 PM

Boys and Girls,

I recently saw this when Microsoft released the "Friend App"-Trailer for the new Xbox One!

29bej6a.png

What do you think? A subtle hint from Microsoft? State your thoughts and theories!

nuer
  • nuer

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:29 PM

Nope, I already commented on this. 

-They're playing on the 360.

-Xbox One shows your 360 friends.

-Check their profiles at xbox.com

• FinalStandLabs likes this

PRJCTZ3R0
  • PRJCTZ3R0

Sharpshooter

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:32 PM

I might add that i'm aware that you're able to see what your friends are doing on their 360's. Still, i found it rather interesting. Hey and how do you say: "Hope never dies."? ;)

Gareth Alan Willmer
  • Gareth Alan Willmer

Thug

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:20 AM

It will come to next gen at some point i can't see rockstar/Microsoft  making next gen owners wait years for GTA VI when they could easily port GTA V over in less than 1/4 of that time. Unless  they allow you to run the Xbox 360 version of GTA V on your Xbox One or allow you to strean it online then the only other option is an Xbox One port.

Still youd think they would of made the Xbox One backwards compatible to avoid things like this

PRJCTZ3R0
  • PRJCTZ3R0

Sharpshooter

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:09 PM Edited by PRJCTZ3R0, 24 October 2013 - 12:10 PM.

Yeah but backwards compatibility was not possible because the One has a completely different system architecture than the 360.

And i also agree, i'm pretty sure they will release both PC and Next-Gen versions of it. Not now, not tomorrow and not in a month, but maybe in a year or so alongside with maybe released DLC or so.

Flynn74
  • Flynn74

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:03 PM

It is definitely coming out on next gen consoles and probably sooner than later.   Source: an old school friend who works for R* North advised me to wait until next generation if I didn't want to buy the game twice.  Like that was going to happen.  Wait months to play on next gen consoles:  f*ck off.  I wasn't given an exact date but was led to believe it won't be that long after next gen launch.  Certainly not as long as a year from now.

I'm from Edinburgh btw where the game is made and it's such a small city that most people will know a friend of a friend or family member who works there.  2 degrees of separation.

You have to admire the timing of R*, by releasing the game at the end of one generation and beginning of another, they WILL get paid twice by millions of people.  There won't be much of an improvement in graphics (so I'm told) but the AI will be better and the city even more populated with NPCs.

Gutslab
  • Gutslab

Bustre

• Members
  • Bhutan

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:30 PM

You have to admire the timing of R*, by releasing the game at the end of one generation and beginning of another, they WILL get paid twice by millions of people.  There won't be much of an improvement in graphics (so I'm told) but the AI will be better and the city even more populated with NPCs.

Well yeah, they are great at making money and that's the only thing that matters to any business. R* could have just released V only on next-gen but they did it on current gen too because they know people will buy the game twice, as well as the separate consoles. I'm sure they had many meetings about the best way to make extra profits. I'm interested in seeing what the next gen has to offer for the game but I'm sure there will be many improvements which make additional sales.

I also wonder how long would they support V on the current gen consoles(in terms of patches, DLC and free online for ps3), once it comes out on next gen...

Francis44
  • Francis44

WRC!

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:42 PM

I still believe they wont release on next.gen, just PC. They should have other projects in their minds.

PRJCTZ3R0
  • PRJCTZ3R0

Sharpshooter

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:02 AM

Well, a port from console to PC (and also Next-Gen in that case) is not so much work like creating an entirely new title. I read in the news lately, that they're working on a Next-Gen title from a famous IP of theirs. Since that would be in an early stage now, they could easily split teams so they have a certain amount working on these ports as well as a certain amount of them working on a new title.

@Flynn: Let's stay that this is true, i also don't think there will be huge improvements on graphics as such. But they surely make it smoother, have it run on higher FPS, include AA, higher draw-distance and like you said, more dense population and traffic probably.

Sharklasers
  • Sharklasers

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:08 AM

I still believe they wont release on next.gen, just PC. They should have other projects in their minds.

Of course they will.

From an marketing and sales standpoint it would make a lot of sense. Cash grab from the old console hardware -> new consoles get released, double dipping into those -> PC version gets released, double  and maybe even triple dip into those.

RuiRuichi
  • RuiRuichi

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:54 AM

Meh. I'm not buying a next gen console until Final Fantasy XIV and Kingdom Hearts III and the new Level 5 Project( Ni No Kuni was a God Send) is released. I thought about getting a PC but with all the promising new JRPGS( Which were quite few in PS3 era T_T) , building a PC feels such a waste and impractical for me when I can't get JRPGs I love. 

I'm predicting after GTA V dlcs are done they might put it up for next gen. I mean wasn't GTA SA and GTA VC released for PSN and Xbox live so late lol? They were just ported 2-3 years ago I believe. You'll see it on next gen in 5 years tops lol.

TaCtiCaLTommy
  • TaCtiCaLTommy

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:12 AM

Wrong. They wouldn't spend 260 million on the development of a game just to have a shelf life of 1 month. It will be available on new gen by Q2 of 2014.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users