Quantcast

» «
Photo

For readers who *dont* like to cheat GTA V online.

17 replies to this topic
TheNevmeister
  • TheNevmeister

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:14 PM Edited by TheNevmeister, 23 October 2013 - 02:41 PM.

Hi everyone, I wanted to raise a few issues I've had with the game so far. (Briefly single player and mostly online)

Before we get started, Im a person who likes to seriously get immersed into a game and just get the most out of the experience. Firstly the story mode for me has been pretty poor. I mean, its an amazing game, very visceral and a total masterpiece but it comes down to personal preference. Personally, in this type of game, I just wanna do missions first. And even after completing the missions, I dont have time for 'Hunting deer', 'playing golf' or customizing Trevor, Franklin or Michael. I couldnt find myself to care about either character knowing in a few weeks time, i'll have my own character that I could name and customize and buy stuff with. This is what the different release times caused. It all seems stupid to me. But now almost a solid month into GTA online, Im barely dragging myself through it.

The release was actually smooth for me, it worked for an hour and a half before all the crap got to me and I was subsequently locked out for 6 hours. It was until the following week that produced the funnest part of GTA online before it was ruined.

Between my friends and I, we were all equal in terms of weaponry and vehicles and around about the same level. We were blowing stuff up, robbing shops, killing NPCs, and my personal favorite, diving on a train and holding off the law. The first few days on it with everyone were more amazing and dynamic than the whole of GTA IV was.

Then one of my friends found out about the Violent duct glitch, which was the beginning of the end of GTA Online.

Within a couple of days, two of my friends had amassed the combined economic net worth of a small European country. It was ruined as they could buy what they wanted and the fun and prospect was curtailed all so prematurely. I was frustrated.

(For the online section of this discussion, I am going to be using my two friends as examples of the idiocy Rockstar have caused.)

I was playing just a few days ago and one of them had bought a tank. He then had to go off the microphone to speak to someone, after a while he was kicked for inactivity and the tank stayed. It was quickly nabbed by a level 23 who started uncontrollably blowing everyone to hell and back. These things ruin the game.

I havent said this yet but before the game was released, I wanted to be the crew's pilot. All I wanted. I was an accomplished chopper pilot in IV. I had discussed this with my other friend, (the Crew Leader and not one who plays like an idiot) and he was okay with it. So upon release of the heists, they could count on me to get them in from the skies if the need came. I frankly couldnt goddamned wait for it. The game at this point began a promising revival.

I began to save my money up for the Velum. A four seater plane with good control. It sat on a price of $450,000.

It was then that it hit me. The only way to make money for such items as these would be doing Violent duct or cheating, I did it only a few times before it was patched and I had only amassed about $80,000 which was nowhere near what I needed. Unbeknownst to me at the time, my friends had already purchased a Luxor, Shamal, Titan and a Buzzard AC on the quiet. Neither of them even wanting to fly or contribute this way during heists and a combined flying stat of 3 bars, but there we go. (Not to mention they had the most expensive apartment, 10 luxury cars etc)

Then as if things could get any worse, they quietly held knowledge of a car-sell glitch which has sky rocketed their budgets to what I would estimate around anything above $10 million.

The prospetcs of heists, missions and basic teamwork is all dead, and for me, the game is dead. My two friends, and what I know as the majority of the online, have totally deaded the fun of it with their shortcut mentality. The point of the heists is to get money, not cheat it in. Rockstar have failed to not only anticipate or stop it, they have encouraged it by releasing cash cards. You pay to make your game have a life span of a month. How many people have bought a cash card and bought everything they could want in the game and then said "Well I've completed it now, this is kinda boring"

Yes, the whole objective of the game is to get money as clearly described in the introduction but if you get money in a legitimate way, now thats what I call fun.

I totally understand people dont have the time to get it and would rather cheat as it is shorter and more effective. It probably comes with me being on Xbox Live as it is vastly populated by 7-15 year olds but I dunno, again down to personal preference. But its not even the cheater's fault, In fact, I dont hold much against them apart from their choice own to cheat. It is Rockstar's fault for their laziness.

At the end of the day it is just a game but if you've been anticipating this game for the past half decade, and you feel the way I do, then youre going to be annoyed.

Cheers if you took the time to read this one.

• fireguy109 likes this

subyrally
  • subyrally

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:50 PM

i know how you feel. but in a way, i also understand the people that glitch or exploit. personally, i dont have time to grind day after day to make the kind of money required to buy all the shiny toys. i work a full time job and when i come home, i either spend time working on my house (doing a renovation) or spend time with friends and family. since gta:o came out, i think i have logged a total of 38-40 hours on my primary character, maybe half that on the character my gf created.

i managed to save enough money to buy her character a $205k 10 car apartment, but that was before the mission payouts were nerfed. now i am trying to get one of the apartments with a nice garage for myself and it seems that i spend just as much money as i earn trying to actually earn said money. i am not going to spend real money to buy in-game currency for this game, so it seems that i am either stuck barely making money here any there, left to grind when i have time, which sucks, or i use a few exploits here and there to make enough to actually come out ahead.

i am all for playing the game as intended, but when they make it nothing but a grindfest, i loose interest. i like being able to earn what i get, but at the same time, i work for a living during the day, this is a video game made for enjoyment and to escape reality for a while. why should i have to work in a game? i understand if i could cash in my property in-game for real money, but that isnt an option. since it is nothing more than numbers on a screen, i dont feel that it makes any difference anymore on how they go up. i still have to rank up to get the nicer things in the game, money doesnt really matter too much in that respect. but i think its bothersome that if i want to upgrade a car or whatnot, i have to spend my free time working for a small improvement.

aside from the grind v. exploit issue, i do enjoy the game. i dont feel that other players hving millions in their bank makes any difference to my experience in the game, it doesnt make them any better or worse. the way i see it, i will do what i have to in order to get what i want in game. it is just a game after all. now, if they start to pay me for my time, ill have no problem working for r* in the game. but until then, i paid my money for the game, ill play it as i see fit. 

on a side note, i do wish they would lower some of the prices for mods in the game, guns and cars. but it is what it is, lol.

• TheNevmeister likes this

TheNevmeister
  • TheNevmeister

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:02 PM

@subyrally

I understand where you are coming from, though I am only 17 (18 soon) And I dont have all the full time commitments you have so I get to play more I guess

TheAzn
  • TheAzn

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 01:04 AM

It is all about the time required to get such levels and money for me. R* probably expect the real gamers to actually pretend that GTA/O is like real life... work hard to play hard. Unfortunately, some of us have reality and a life to tend to, some thing that actually makes a difference tomorrow.

I cheat because I can. Afterall, it's a game revolved around killing, stealing, cheating, destruction, etc etc etc. On GTAO, yea I glitched for the money to buy the tank and buzzard, etc. But I'm not the one to go around to kill every other player with it.
  • Jonhudd likes this

SKIU4EA
  • SKIU4EA

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 02:58 AM

I have absolutely no desire to get unlimitted/free money.  Half of the fun for me in this game is working towards it.   whether it be, getting better at DM, Missions, Survival, and just general knowledge of what's going on around you mid game and learning it as you go.

If suddenly i had 30 Million and infinite RP,  i would grow bored out of my mind and just move on to another game.  For me it's fun planning what i'm going to save up to buy next, and kind of set up how i want to progress up.  Teaming up with friends to rade sh*t and do whatever.  If i have 30 million i feel like i have nothing to work towards.

yeah, i can understand the ppl that want the quick fix and not go through the seemingly endless grind of saving up.  Not everyone has the time to sit there and play all day.  i know cause i'm one of em.  i work 10 hours a day, but i set aside some time to play.  i'm really in no hurry at all to own the best sh*t.  And that's cool... let them have their endless supply of tanks and buzzards with the eclipse tower garages filled with adders.  doesn't matter to me.

Untamed Voodoo
  • Untamed Voodoo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 03:25 AM

I managed to get on day one with little issue. At one point my global ranking was 633.I have played the piss out of the game when not working or training.  Things have finally slowed down as I have broken the 100 level mark and have gotten the apartment I wanted.  I enjoy missions and sky diving and I try to complete missions by myself when I can't get any of my friends to join.  I get tired of friends who want to goof off on missions instead of free mode.  I see myself getting bored soon with this game unless there is more content.

Dale Nixon
  • Dale Nixon

methane on my mind

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 October 2013 - 03:30 AM

lmao you're a pussy that blames his problems on someone else

why does someone glitching anger you so much? finding a glitch is all due to the players. christ.

Dale Nixon
  • Dale Nixon

methane on my mind

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 October 2013 - 03:33 AM

also LMFAO at you trying to cheat and glitch on your own before it got patched and then being mad that someone did it better than you

hahahahahahaha go get laid

Longtonguehuey
  • Longtonguehuey

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 06:47 PM

also LMFAO at you trying to cheat and glitch on your own before it got patched and then being mad that someone did it better than you
hahahahahahaha go get laid

It's got to be some sort of bollocks all else to do existence to spend your time laughing at people on a forum.

Go and and get laid? Surely you jest Mr Irony.

x0v3rKiLx
  • x0v3rKiLx

You Wanna Buy Some Death Sticks?

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:38 PM Edited by x0v3rKiLx, 26 October 2013 - 07:38 PM.

OP, don't worry, I think we all agree with you whole heartedly. I grinded the crap out of Violent Duct, made over a mil off of it. Blew most of the money on the most expensive apartment and a nice load of luxury cars. When that got patched, I found other ways to make hundreds of thousands of dollars per hour with little effort. All it took was grinding out a glitch. 

And then one day, I really just had an epiphany and thought to myself: ".....WHY am I doing this?! I bought this game to have fun....to enjoy a vast, expansive world and everything in it....and here I am spending literally HOURS glitching out to get money so I can buy stuff.....something is gravely wrong with this picture."

I haven't returned to Online since, because I too realized how the acquisition of any amount of wealth in this game is truly impossible. Rockstar has made it clear that they want you to purchase cash cards via microtransactions when they become available, not earn your money through legitimate in-game ventures.

Maybe when heists become available and you can rake in 200k a day, this will be abated, but until then, you have my complete concurrence that GTA: Online is a sore disappointment. Honestly, I far more enjoy spending my time in single player doing friend activities with Amanda, Franklin, Trevor, Jimmy, etc.

Yesterday, I took Amanda for a round of tennis (I'm finally getting the hang of it I think), we went out for drinks afterwards, and then I took her flying around Mount Chiliad in my private jet before dropping her off. Then? I called up Franklin and Trevor, and we went out to play golf (by far my favorite pastime in the game), went to a movie, and got some drinks before taking a road trip out to Sandy Shores for some darts. After I dropped the those two off and we parted ways, I took a trip out to Pacific Bluffs to watch the sunset from the pool/resort. Once that was done, I headed out to the docks and took my submarine out for a spin, another one of my favorite activities: just aimless sailing around. I sailed all around the coast all the way to the Marina in downtown Los Santos, picked up my Cargobob helicopter from the helipad, and flew home. 

I did all this without really spending a dime, without any glitching, without any sort of grinding...and I had the TIME OF MY LIFE. Because that's what this game should be about. Fun. Not work. 

I would give GTA: Online time to mature. As a long time fan of Star Trek: Online, I can tell you that an MMO-structure game like GTA:O has some growing up to do. Star Trek: Online was HORRIFIC at launch. There was practically no content for the KDF faction, earning dilithium (the game's rarest currency) was a pain in the neck, missions were glitchy and bugged to hell. The game was unplayable. Today, however, STO is well into it's third year, and it's soon to launch Season 8: The Sphere, featuring a massive explorable Dyson Sphere (picture Halo but as a sphere with land on the interior), an open space combat adventure zone, a new enemy faction, new missions, and new ships to command. It's at the top of the heap right now. 

Maybe GTA: Online will become that one day. Maybe not tomorrow, maybe not even next month, maybe even not next year. Unfortunately, this is the sort of thing that just takes time. I think it's best to back off and give it some room to grow, and to enjoy SP in the meantime. And if you really want to play with friends, just enjoy what aimless fun you can have in the meantime in GTA:O. My friend HATES grinding, so what do we do? Go flying. Go boating. Race each other around the city and especially the open roads of Pacific Bluffs. Ride the train and see the sights. There is stuff to do, but yes I agree, I think it will be a while before GTA:O supports the goal of leveling up and acquiring all the bells and whistles you've come to enjoy in SP and, for that matter, EXPECT out of Online. Just give it time, with enough prodding from the community, I think it will happen. :)

• Longtonguehuey likes this

TheNevmeister
  • TheNevmeister

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:45 PM

Dale Nixon

In response to your second post there,

I instantly found it annoying and felt it (Glitching) was ruining the game. But upon realizing there was no other alternative, I decided to give the glitch a shot but it was patched the day I started it.

Please read what the person posts before throwing abuse out.

TheNevmeister
  • TheNevmeister

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:55 PM

TheAzn

Yeah I understand, this was a little more aimed at the guys and girls who have more free time to play. I fully understand if you have a job and dont have the time like I and other folks do

SKIU4EA

I completely agree with you on your views toward money and progress in the game. It just bothers me (where it really shouldnt) when I see players with cheated in luxury cars and planes etc. But screw em

May I just put out there that in my head when I posted this I imagined the people who cheated and glitched to be kids and (or) annoying trolling young teens, but I didnt think about the guys who have jobs and other commitments, I play on XBL and I have encountered next to no adult men or women on there so Im sorry but I kinda forgot about guys like you and Azn. Sorry!

TheNevmeister
  • TheNevmeister

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:02 AM

x0v3rKiLx

Yes yes yes this is exactly the kind of experience I had!! I guess you're right. I've heard about Star treks online mode and how far its came, I just hope this happens with GTA in the future. Cheers for the comment, im rather quite glad to see someone who enjoys a game like me, I thought I was going to recieve the 'Go get a life' crap that just comes naturally as you put out your opinion, lol.

adzstocko2k
  • adzstocko2k

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:28 AM

Never bothered with glitching, I've bought several cars ect and have a $200k+ pad with a 10 car garage. i wouldn't say i have done much in the way of grinding either, when we could replay missions upon completion i did so once or twice in a row with "base invaders" but then i got bored of playing it so went off and spent hours doing backflips and rails on a bmx.

I'm glad R* patched out exploitable things such as car duping, mission replays and such but i have no issue with anybody who did it, they found a way to get rich quick which let's be honest is the GTA ethos.

The games been online a few weeks I'm no where near bored with it, I've found playing through the story a 2nd time to be even better than the 1st time as I explore the world more.

Obviously I want more stuff but I'm happy with what R* have given me and when updates and DLC is made available for free I will enjoy it and if paid DLC comes out depending on what it is I may cough up some cash but I wont pay real money to get a credit card so i can buy an in-game car that I could play some missions to get the cash  in-between doing backflips on a BMX.

Spookygal
  • Spookygal

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 03:28 AM

OP, if you don't like your friends glitching then play with people that don't glitch. That's your choice and their glitching should not affect your game in the slightest.

I've never glitched but easily earned enough money to buy the best apartment and my cars I've simply picked up off the street. Since I don't need any of the high priced ones I don't have a need for a lot of money.

The most expensive thing for me is buying ammunition constantly since I mostly play survival.

Maybe lower your standards and don't buy 10 helicopters all in a different color and you won't have an issue I suppose. The game will be as fun as you want it to be. If glitching ruins it for you then don't do it and don't play with people that do.

Don't whine about others ruining your game when you allow them to do it.

NJBE
  • NJBE

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 November 2013 - 08:23 PM

Spookygal

theres no real way he can just stop them is there lol, they are his friends, would you be able to stop your friends from doing something on a game they paid for? and where does it say about him buying 10 different helicopters??

Andy_lattermen
  • Andy_lattermen

Shot Caller

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:57 PM

sounds like op is butthurt his "friends" didnt share the wealth

gear999
  • gear999

Big Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:23 AM

I played SP too yesterday to explore some of the "wildlife and nature" Rockstar was talking about. I took a Dubsta and made it a beast offroader with earth-shade brown colors and the modifications for it. I was surprised that I haven't done this before in the game. I thought to myself: So this was the immerse experience Rockstar was talking about. It simply felt great exploring those dirt roads outside the city. You should try it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users