GTA 5 Custom Emblem Tutorial - Use ANY Picture | Tutorial

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
86 replies to this topic
PaulDPearl
  • PaulDPearl

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:38 PM

It's easy.  Just delete the background nodes and viola transparent image:)

It's not that easy as apparently the vectormagic website sees things that I do not... blocks and sh*t that's transparent in the PNG... I used imagemagick to convert but that was way worse, however as a test I converted the PNG to JPG and I see the issue... (blocks of non-transparent layers)

As far as the transparency thing.. it blows that you have to pay over 200 bucks to have that program do it for you.. I have been unable to find a program (as a non-graphical artist) that does this conversion as well, however.. If you have a crew of 20 or more, get donations and you're in for about 10 bucks a person... easy... otherwise you have to find a clan color that you can then add as your outline... as I did.

I can make the background transparent for you.  I've requested an invite to your crew.  Once you accept that I'll edit the emblem and save it as a new one.

I added you. PM me if you need the source PNG file (though it's also in this thread)

The Jaysta?
  • The Jaysta?

::.. Phat Buds ..::

• Members

Posted 04 January 2014 - 12:21 PM

If you convert a PNG with transparency to JPG you will lose transparency because JPG doesn't support it so I'm not sure of the point of your exercise. This video shows how to remove the background node 

I just wish I could get it to that point.

• JiNX77 likes this

CreatorGuru
  • CreatorGuru

The Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 January 2014 - 12:41 PM

I can do it for you too.  What color is the background you want to remove?  Find the hex code for that color.  Then, you can find the node supplying the background.  Right click and delete that node.  Depending on your image there might be several background nodes. 

JiNX77
  • JiNX77

Spanakopita!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 January 2014 - 12:47 PM Edited by JiNX77, 04 January 2014 - 01:25 PM.

Clearly I don't know enough about these com-pew-tores. I can get everything up to step 5. Line 4 is nothing but numbers and ends in Z>. The only instance I have of </svg> is at the very end of everything, line 194. I did the pic editing in paint, don't have photoshop or gimp, but it's not photo real or anything anyway. Help?

EDIT: Got it to work through the vid The Jaysta? put up. Thank you.

Also, it should take 24-48 hours to post correct? I have been waiting 2 weeks for my main crew emblem to show an update.

The Jaysta?
  • The Jaysta?

• Members

Posted 04 January 2014 - 02:15 PM

I got it to work using this video...

But it doesn't save properly...

24fwsn5.jpg

JiNX77
  • JiNX77

Spanakopita!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 January 2014 - 02:26 PM

Yeah, mine didn't save right but it was applied and shows up on the SC now. I have no intention of changing it but if it doesn't transfer into the game for what ever reason it will be an easy fix.

The Jaysta?
  • The Jaysta?

• Members

Posted 04 January 2014 - 03:07 PM

I found that deleting and uploading again usually budges the SC into showing it but as you can see the logo saved is mainly transparent.

WeeChips
  • WeeChips

The artist formerly known as KingOfCurlys

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 12 January 2014 - 01:04 PM

If anyone is looking for someone to create a custom emblem for them then I can do it, just get in touch. I could change crews briefly so that I can publish the emblem to your crew then I'll leave again and delete it.

The Jaysta?
  • The Jaysta?

• Members

Posted 14 January 2014 - 08:05 PM

Thanks KingOfCurlys for getting my crew logo up for us!  :colgate:

The GTA Rebels (CNTS) http://socialclub.ro.../the_gta_rebels open crew if anyone's looking to team up.

• WeeChips likes this

artisntrealz
  • artisntrealz

Ride on, right on

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 January 2014 - 01:36 AM

Anybody interested in making me a crew emblem using this method? I have an image to provide but i'm useless with photoshop (to finish the emblem) i can pay psn cash. 20$ seem fair?

The Jaysta?
  • The Jaysta?

• Members

Posted 16 January 2014 - 01:42 AM

I can help finish it off in Photoshop for you but you'll have to find someone to do the edit code trick. Won't want paying either ;-)

WeeChips
  • WeeChips

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 29 January 2014 - 08:05 PM

Anybody interested in making me a crew emblem using this method? I have an image to provide but i'm useless with photoshop (to finish the emblem) i can pay psn cash. 20$ seem fair?

Just PM me, if you send me the image I'll publish it for you and I don't need to be paid either.

The Jaysta?
  • The Jaysta?

• Members

Posted 30 January 2014 - 02:05 AM

Just PM me, if you send me the image I'll publish it for you and I don't need to be paid either.

It's OK King, I did the Photoshop/Illustrator part for them and they managed to do the emblem trick themselves ;-)

• WeeChips likes this

Chelseaachu
  • Chelseaachu

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 January 2014 - 02:33 AM

Does this still work? I'm having trouble saving my image once I have it all in the layer. I get the SVG file into the HTML, but within the website it won't save. 

luisniko
  • luisniko

That badass milf from Vault 111

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 January 2014 - 02:36 AM

wonder why Rockstar don't just give us an option to upload pics anyway.

Sp00n303
  • Sp00n303

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 January 2014 - 02:48 AM

I don't think it works anymore mine wont save and I'm doing everything right. Anyone able to do this still?

Chelseaachu
  • Chelseaachu

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:14 AM

I don't think it works anymore mine wont save and I'm doing everything right. Anyone able to do this still?

I just tried and I have an error saving.

tomuk3
  • tomuk3

cake

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:19 AM

profiled

SaltyOnionBalls.
  • SaltyOnionBalls.

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:19 AM

Error here too. PISSED

Sp00n303
  • Sp00n303

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:20 AM

I just tried and I have an error saving.

I'm saying

tomuk3
  • tomuk3

cake

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:21 AM

wonder why Rockstar don't just give us an option to upload pics anyway.

Nudity and sh*t like that, maybe copyright? Idk but I can see the logic behind it

Chelseaachu
  • Chelseaachu

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:25 AM

This is the error message I'm getting. I'm starting to get mad that it won't save. I've done everything as described, even tried another image. I can't seem to get it done right. ;l http://prntscr.com/2ntxpp

Sp00n303
  • Sp00n303

Crackhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:27 AM

I'm going to guess that later on someone will find a way around this.

SaltyOnionBalls.
  • SaltyOnionBalls.

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:30 AM

Guys try making an emblem with the shapes and saving. It's not even working like that for me. Something tells me that R* is just having emblem savings issues.

Chelseaachu
  • Chelseaachu

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:35 AM

Guys try making an emblem with the shapes and saving. It's not even working like that for me. Something tells me that R* is just having emblem savings issues.

Nah, I just tried. Saved instantly. I don't know what's up, they probably patched it. Oh well. Someone else will find a way around this eventually.

SaltyOnionBalls.
  • SaltyOnionBalls.

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:45 AM

I'm getting a "We detected too many requests from your IP" error.

WeeChips
  • WeeChips

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 30 January 2014 - 06:12 PM

I'm sure that it is still working. Just PM me like I said. I can do it this weekend. All I need is your crew and the image.

• F3AR TH3 FR0G likes this

jameskrop
  • jameskrop

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 January 2014 - 06:44 PM

I'm sure that it is still working. Just PM me like I said. I can do it this weekend. All I need is your crew and the image.

It was patched today, totally different script now!!!!

The Jaysta?
  • The Jaysta?

• Members

Posted 30 January 2014 - 07:32 PM

Bummer, glad mine got sorted before they patched it. Their logo creator is good but a real PITA to get the results you want, anyone with any proper knowledge of Photoshop/Illustrator will know what I mean.

Lets hope we get to keep the logos done with the code trick.

wrightu2
  • wrightu2

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 January 2014 - 11:00 PM Edited by wrightu2, 31 January 2014 - 11:55 PM.

Hey, just to confirm, the site is patched right? I just went through all the steps, got the logo to appear on the emblem creator - But when I go to save it I get the "Could not save" message, plus a warning that continuing to try to could result in loss of my social club privilages...

If it is down, does anyone know of tutorial for making a Punisher logo?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users