» «
Photo

GTA 5 Custom Emblem Tutorial - Use ANY Picture | Tutorial

84 replies to this topic
MitsHD
  • MitsHD

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:55 PM Edited by MitsHD, 10 January 2014 - 02:36 PM.

I'm going to tell you how to use a custom image and use it as your emblem for your crew on Grand Theft Auto 5[/align]

Text Tutorial

1. Make your self a Crew on the SocialClub website and Find a image you want. You can use photoshop or any
other picture editing software to customize that image.
2. Once done editing your picture make sure you save it as 512x512 png image and save it to your desktop.
3. Go to vectormagic and upload your image. (Upload it as HD for better results.)
4. Once done save the image as a svg. file and open that file up in notepad++
5. In Line (4) you are gonna highlight everything and stop where it says < /SVG>. Copy all that highlighted area.
6. Go to the socialclub website and edit your crew logo and swap change the color of the background to transparent.
7. Right Click on the screen and click inspect Element and look for this line:
"< svg height="512" version="1.1"
8.Right Click edit as HTML and you're gonna paste the Code we copied earlier in paste it between this line:< /rect> </svg>

IE: < /rect>"INSERT HERE"</svg >

9.Click back on the screen and your image should pop back up. Close Out the Inspect Element and repoen it. Once open right click on the <path Fill that's highlighted and delete node.
click out of inspect element and save your emblem.
10. There you go!

Video Tutorial:
Hope this helps! 
Sources:
  • dotCody, Rented, ChillerVapes and 3 others like this

DJSmurf2009
  • DJSmurf2009

V Hunter

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:14 PM Edited by DJSmurf2009, 23 October 2013 - 08:23 PM.

Done all that needs to be done, no picture showing in the Created Emblems section, will wait 48 hours (as opposed to the 24 stated in the vid) and see if it works... Good tut though :)

EDIT: Ok, so i used chrome to edit the HTML as couldnt figure out the firefox version and it is showing 5 emblems created (already had 3 emblems made and the 2 new ones are the ones using this method) but when using firefox, it says 3/10 emblems created... Not sure how this one is going to work but like i said, will give it 2 days and come back with the results :)

DJSmurf2009
  • DJSmurf2009

V Hunter

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 08:12 AM

Ok, after repeatedly trying to get this to work and show up as it does on the video in the " Created Emblems " Section i decided to use a different tutorial...

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=-Q1Z6dMdYws

Same principals as the video here, except a little bit more detailed. Basically when you have converted the png to svg and load it up with notepad++, you need to search for and remove ALL instances of both <g> and </g>.

After removing these and then editing the code on the emblem creator and saving it, hey presto :)

Click for proof that this works :)

• SAUL_SILVER and redfirebird87 like this

Massive Roy
  • Massive Roy

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:49 AM

Worked a treat for me too.. HERE.. Much easier than trying to create an emblem from within the actual editor, looks awesome on clothes too..

musky
  • musky

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 12:43 AM

have this on line 4

%%Title: (Untitled)

so im confused??

DJSmurf2009
  • DJSmurf2009

V Hunter

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:19 AM

only copy from the first <path> etc etc =)

musky
  • musky

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 01:52 PM Edited by musky, 26 October 2013 - 01:55 PM.

only copy from the first <path> etc etc =)

im confused at the last step even though my background is transparent it still goes light blue with no emblem,i need the last 3 steps to be more clear if possible.

what do i do after i edit as HLM.

musky
  • musky

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 06:18 PM Edited by musky, 26 October 2013 - 10:23 PM.

to paste hold down ctrl then press v

Sid_323
  • Sid_323

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 12:01 AM

Umm...How long does it usually take for the emblem to set as the crews emblem?

musky
  • musky

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:32 PM

you need to publish then rest your box,could take a couple of resets.

vipermedic
  • vipermedic

Algonquin Assassin

• Members

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:18 PM

Worked a treat - The Order of Knights thank you

Massive Roy
  • Massive Roy

Snitch

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 06:01 PM

can anyone confirm this still works? Im having trouble, and I have a feeling rockstar may have put a stop to this..

sinbot
  • sinbot

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 11:21 AM

This worked for me today thank you.

RavageTheEarth
  • RavageTheEarth

Evo Killer

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 08:09 PM

Awesome! I spent so much time making a Subaru logo for my crew and now I can just use a picture! Can't wait to try this when I get out of work! Thanks a lot for this tutorial!

Flash525
  • Flash525

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 10:44 PM

Good job on finding this, but I don't have any desire to pay for software so that I can create/upload an image for a game. :/

Massive Roy
  • Massive Roy

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 November 2013 - 10:45 PM

Good job on finding this, but I don't have any desire to pay for software so that I can create/upload an image for a game. :/

You don't need to pay for anything.. It's all free, and if you use your free credits on vector magic, just switch browser and set up new account.. Job done.

Flash525
  • Flash525

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:15 AM Edited by Flash525, 24 November 2013 - 11:35 AM.

You don't need to pay for anything.. It's all free, and if you use your free credits on vector magic, just switch browser and set up new account.. Job done.

The website version doesn't seem to allow for transparency though?

Edit #1: You're right, I can get two free ones, though can't for the life of me work out how to edit that element code with FireFox.

Edit: #2: Tried Internet Explorer (couldn't edit) and Google Chrome (could edit) though with Chrome, the image displays oversized and doesn't seem to save.

Edit #3: Okay, it's working now. Got there in the end.

Used Notepad++, Photoshop CS2 and VectorMagic (online version) along with Google Chrome.

When copying the code (from Notepad++) you want to copy from the first bit that reads "<path fill" etc until you reach "</svg>"; you want to finish the copy/paste part before you hit the "</svg>" otherwise the image will be oversized.

• Lil_B_The Basedgod, PaulDPearl and Massive Roy like this

Flash525
  • Flash525

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 November 2013 - 12:09 PM

Just to show that it does work: http://rsg.ms/1bksdcD

KARNAGE092579
  • KARNAGE092579

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 09:23 AM

Does this still work? I did all of the steps and all I get a white picture. Any suggestions??

Daigoro
  • Daigoro

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 December 2013 - 09:35 PM

I'm having some issues with this. the file is fine, the svg code is fine, I get it pasted where it needs to be and the design shows up in the emblem editor, I successfully save it and publish it, but when I go out to the crew page, it shows up as a R* logo at the bottom and on the left in the vertical news feed, it is a white square with a tiny broken R* logo. I have been trying to get this to work for about two weeks and this happens every single time. also if I go into the emblem to edit it, the svg code that I pasted in and saved, is no longer there. I know the basics of html but I'm not good enough to figure out why it's doing this. I could really use some help wit it and I'd really appreciate it as would my crew. if anyone can help me with this, that'd be awesome!
thanks.
-Chris-

Muskidinho04
  • Muskidinho04

God of Thunder

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 December 2013 - 05:31 AM

is there an easier way to do this without downloading stuff

The Jaysta?
  • The Jaysta?

::.. Phat Buds ..::

• Members

Posted 26 December 2013 - 06:17 PM

Can anyone help me with this? I've been at it for hours and it's not having any of it. It seems, I've tried removing all instances of <g> and </g> and it's not happening I get loads and loads of </path> at the end. I managed once to get some of it showing so I'm assuming I'm missing some code =/

Any help would be much appreciated.

gripklon
  • gripklon

Gang of Unspeakables

• Members

Posted 29 December 2013 - 02:38 PM

I'm having some issues with this. the file is fine, the svg code is fine, I get it pasted where it needs to be and the design shows up in the emblem editor, I successfully save it and publish it, but when I go out to the crew page, it shows up as a R* logo at the bottom and on the left in the vertical news feed, it is a white square with a tiny broken R* logo. I have been trying to get this to work for about two weeks and this happens every single time. also if I go into the emblem to edit it, the svg code that I pasted in and saved, is no longer there. I know the basics of html but I'm not good enough to figure out why it's doing this. I could really use some help wit it and I'd really appreciate it as would my crew. if anyone can help me with this, that'd be awesome!
thanks.
-Chris-

I have exactly the same issue, anyone knows?

PaulDPearl
  • PaulDPearl

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 12:52 AM Edited by PaulDPearl, 03 January 2014 - 12:53 AM.

thanks.
-Chris-

You have to be sure that you're placing the pasted content exactly where it's supposed to go...

http://socialclub.ro...ansofwar_united

14acd3fc736181d605837691181901a9b8880f86USMCSpecialOperationsCommandEmblemMARSOC

As far as the transparency thing.. it blows that you have to pay over 200 bucks to have that program do it for you.. I have been unable to find a program (as a non-graphical artist) that does this conversion as well, however.. If you have a crew of 20 or more, get donations and you're in for about 10 bucks a person... easy... otherwise you have to find a clan color that you can then add as your outline... as I did.

gripklon
  • gripklon

Gang of Unspeakables

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 05:04 AM

thanks.
-Chris-

You have to be sure that you're placing the pasted content exactly where it's supposed to go...

http://socialclub.ro...ansofwar_united

14acd3fc736181d605837691181901a9b8880f86USMCSpecialOperationsCommandEmblemMARSOC

As far as the transparency thing.. it blows that you have to pay over 200 bucks to have that program do it for you.. I have been unable to find a program (as a non-graphical artist) that does this conversion as well, however.. If you have a crew of 20 or more, get donations and you're in for about 10 bucks a person... easy... otherwise you have to find a clan color that you can then add as your outline... as I did.

I figured it out and the problem for me was that Illustrator CS6 gives the wrong kind of code. Magic Vector webpage gave the right one and it worked great! :) So at least for me, I couldn't use the code when it had like: <image... in the beginning. I needed the code to have the other way (forgot how exactly)

Thanks for the help though! :D

TheKidKid415
  • TheKidKid415

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 05:13 AM

Can I upload pics using a Mac osx?

The Jaysta?
  • The Jaysta?

::.. Phat Buds ..::

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:19 AM

I've used Mac and Windows in Bootcamp and still no joy. 

Furry_Monkey
  • Furry_Monkey

I completed Vice City and all I got was this lousy t-shirt

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:22 AM

I can make the background transparent for you.  I've requested an invite to your crew.  Once you accept that I'll edit the emblem and save it as a new one.

• tom_p1980 and Horndog_SA like this

CreatorGuru
  • CreatorGuru

The Master

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:37 AM

It's easy.  Just delete the background nodes and viola transparent image:)

x___RELLIK___X
  • x___RELLIK___X

14/88

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 12:53 PM Edited by x___RELLIK___X, 03 January 2014 - 12:54 PM.

I'm looking for someone to create a logo for my crew I don't have a pc so I can't do it myself.

Someone already made the logo but I am trying to get it made bigger so it fits over the back of jacket more.

You can find crew by searching for WHITE DEVILS SC

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

http://i947.photobuc...psceb34b6f.jpeg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users