8 replies to this topic
Alectfenrir
  • Alectfenrir

Aviator

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:31 PM

Hello,

I have heard many cases that players are losing their characters due to Cloud save failure. Is this true? I really want to play right now but I am worried I might lose my character. Thanks all

(Hopefully i can get the Space Docker somehow on XBL!)

Inked.
  • Inked.

MAYHEM till the AM

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:33 PM

There was a cloud issue last weekend, heard some lost. But it was miniscule and worked the rest of the weekend. The main thing is, avoid dashboarding or restarting your system. Go to "Online" and then hit "Leave new session" as much as you can, to be sure cloud can save (if it's up).

• Alectfenrir likes this

Alectfenrir
  • Alectfenrir

Aviator

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:36 PM

There was a cloud issue last weekend, heard some lost. But it was miniscule and worked the rest of the weekend. The main thing is, avoid dashboarding or restarting your system. Go to "Online" and then hit "Leave new session" as much as you can, to be sure cloud can save (if it's up).

Thanks for the reply, I will keep this a top priority whenever I play GTAO :)

Revoemag
  • Revoemag

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:11 PM Edited by Revoemag, 23 October 2013 - 03:13 PM.

Just quit by going to single player first.(hold d-pad down..switch to any of the 3)...it will tell you its saving before you quit..and you'll see the little save icon..

poedgirl
  • poedgirl

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:14 PM

Essentially, if you ever see the message saying it can't save, just stick around for a while. It'll save eventually. Either that or switch to single-player which will force a save. People generally lose things because they haven't waited for the game to save first before switching off their console.

Also, hai Revoemag!

R.R
  • R.R

Soldier

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:16 PM

After having cloud messages pop up continuously over Sunday/Monday, I haven't seen it happen once since, no data loss whatsoever. As mentioned above, make sure you leave the game correctly, ensure your game has saved, you should be sweet.

Hadria
  • Hadria

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:18 PM

I lost my characters two days ago. so be careful! 

Yakito
  • Yakito

Peon

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:19 PM

Essentially, if you ever see the message saying it can't save, just stick around for a while. It'll save eventually. Either that or switch to single-player which will force a save. People generally lose things because they haven't waited for the game to save first before switching off their console.

Also, hai Revoemag!

I'd be careful with that.
I was "sticking around" until I could see the message, and after killing a bounty some angry kids kicked me out of the session. Boom - back to character selection, rank 56 wiped out.

If server has issues, run... run Neo.

Peblou
  • Peblou

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:42 PM

Same here, Character got wiped , But rank and stats still show, so i believe! If they confirm that they cannot bring him back , then that would be the end for me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users