» «
Photo

PS3 to PS4

17 replies to this topic
xRevItx
  • xRevItx

Trick

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:32 PM Edited by xRevItx, 23 October 2013 - 12:41 PM.

Currently on PS3 and finished the story awhile ago and doing just online now. My question is, will everything we've done and have transfer over to PS4 or will we lose everything? Also will GTA 5 be on PS4?

R.F.
  • R.F.

I <3 R*

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:46 PM Edited by R.F., 23 October 2013 - 12:48 PM.

Hmm dice confirmed you could switch from ps3 to ps4 for bf4 for only 10 bucks (progress included). I don't think rockstar would do that. If you want the game again for the xbox one, ps4 or pc (if they ever come out) you will have to buy it full price with no progress import or anything like that, that's my opinion anyway.

Edit: Can you transfer progress through your account from max payne (ps3) to max payne (pc)?

DlZZEE
  • DlZZEE

PC peasant

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:56 PM

There won't be next gen versions of GTAV.

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:50 PM

Why the hell not?

theface
  • theface

PSN: PaulTheFace

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:01 PM

I agree. They'll be working on DLC for GTA V on the PS3/Xbox 360 and separately they'll be working on GTA VI for PS4/Xbox One.

I don't think the time gap between V and VI will be as long as the one between IV and V. 

esmittystud101
  • esmittystud101

I play both sides of the fence

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:40 PM Edited by esmittystud101, 23 October 2013 - 02:52 PM.

The only reason I don't think they would make it Next Gen, which I think they are too money hungry not too is b/c GTAV alone will keep people playing the current gen. consoles. Pretty much the only reason I'm keeping mine out when I get an Xbox One is because of GTAV. If it went next gen. the Xbox 360 would be going in the closet b/c no one would want to play it on an outdated system compared too a new one. It is a good way to keep current system alive atleast for two more years. But I would love to see GTAV go next gen. I think the only reason GTAV is so detailed and thought out is b/c they had five long years to work on it. I just can't see them cutting that time in half to bring out GTA VI on next gen. so soon. I mean five years is a long time to wait, but it is worth it. If they would take less time I think we would get a product like Call of Duty series. Same thing every year. Nothing really improved that much, looks the same.  

xRevItx
  • xRevItx

Trick

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:36 PM Edited by xRevItx, 23 October 2013 - 03:36 PM.

I guess I will be holding onto my PS3 for awhile. I have both PS3 and Xbox but never play my Xbox so I will probably let me Xbox go for dirt cheap and move my ps3 to my Xbox location when I get my PS4 next month.

Fisciletti
  • Fisciletti

Gangsta

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:37 PM

OP meant GTA Online. As Rockstar said, it's an always-expanding world. That means in a distant future there will be more cities. My guess is that once GTA VI is out with upgraded GTA Online we'll have Los Santos + GTA VI's city + all our progress.

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:41 PM

OP meant GTA Online. As Rockstar said, it's an always-expanding world. That means in a distant future there will be more cities. My guess is that once GTA VI is out with upgraded GTA Online we'll have Los Santos + GTA VI's city + all our progress.

GTA Online can go to hell, I want more stuff in singleplayer.

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Hustler

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:33 PM Edited by Dr Kain, 23 October 2013 - 04:34 PM.

If GTAV comes to the PS4, that will be awesome.  However, I hope they allow us to transfer our Online character to the PS4 version.  

Of course, I don't know how much better than game can look on the PS4 as the PS3 version is already amazing.

• xRevItx likes this

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:07 PM

Considering how much money they've already made, I think they will bring it to PS4, either using methods such as upgrading the ps3 version to ps4 version, or through GaiKai as a classic.

xRevItx
  • xRevItx

Trick

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:31 PM Edited by xRevItx, 24 October 2013 - 12:32 PM.

I enjoy GTAV online. Where's my 250k though? 

Off Topic I know:

I'd like to do the Mission where you blow up cars in a parking garage but you need to be level 75 I think and I'm only 46.

Feel free to add me to your friends if you are on PS3. A group of us usually do Down the drain and rotate 1st place.

PSN: xRevItx

Ireland Ike
  • Ireland Ike

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:41 PM Edited by Ireland Ike, 24 October 2013 - 12:52 PM.

Forzum
  • Forzum

Fossy

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:47 PM

Yeah it will sooner or later show up on the next gen consoles, in the codes they found "orbis" which is the code name for PS4, nothing about Xbox One however.

And regarding if it would transfer from PS3 to PS4, my guess is that the Online progress will be the only thing that will be transferred, not the single player.

Then again as nothing is confirmed it's all just guesses, but it will come to next gen.

theface
  • theface

PSN: PaulTheFace

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:52 PM

Off Topic I know:

I'd like to do the Mission where you blow up cars in a parking garage but you need to be level 75 I think and I'm only 46.

Feel free to add me to your friends if you are on PS3. A group of us usually do Down the drain and rotate 1st place.

You definitely don't need to be level 75 to do that mission. I'm 46 too and I've played that one a few times.

Raindancer
  • Raindancer

Beer monster

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:53 PM

GTAV Will come to PS4/XB1 - I feel that to entice people spend another £40 on a next gen version they will throw in extra everything (all the things missed from this gen version)

Will you be able to switch your online profile to the PS4 - I believe so, it makes sense especially if R* tag on a little price tag.

R* have always been about money, but now they have the fanbase and technology behind them I expect to see lots of those f*cking horrible microtransactions rearing it's ugly head. 

xRevItx
  • xRevItx

Trick

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:59 PM

Off Topic I know:

You definitely don't need to be level 75 to do that mission. I'm 46 too and I've played that one a few times.

The person you did it with was 75 though right? I saw a video on youtube about it and you had to be level 75 and its a mission from Martin. sh*t I can't pass the mission from Martin to kill the guy at his house and take a photo of him.

Booya818
  • Booya818

Firestarter

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:11 PM

If Online does come to next gen, I think its pretty obvious you'll be able to carry your account over because of the SocialClub link.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users