Photo

Please Change the Weapons Wheel

17 replies to this topic
Cadence
  • Cadence

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:19 PM

I don't know about anyone else, but this really ruins the flow of gameplay for me. I've died far too many times in shootouts because of the game switching my guns for me.

I would like to see a weapons trunk or display wall for the high-end apartments or garages where you can select just of one your purchased weapons for each slot.

Please at least add a settings option to only have 1 of each type of weapon. The current system is just cluttered and clumsy.

If you are on a mission, using the assault SMG, kill an npc, then run over his body, it will automatically switch out your weapon for whatever weapon he had. Which is very frustrating.

I understand that this won't sound like a big deal, but trust me. When you play on free aim plus hard difficulty, this is a big problem.

SAINTSROW RULE
  • SAINTSROW RULE

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:53 PM

Its easy for me to swap between weapons

njbrodeur87
  • njbrodeur87

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:54 PM

works perfectly fine for me the way it is on free aim and hard.

SCS_Skreamies
  • SCS_Skreamies

Fiji

• Members
  • Fiji

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:57 PM

Works fine. I'm happy they used it. Looks like you need to practice using it.

Timpey
  • Timpey

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:00 PM

It annoys me also. Why can't I select a default weapon for a slot? i.e. carbine, ap pistol etc.

Cadence
  • Cadence

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:09 PM

They had it perfect in GTA IV. There was no reason to change it.

Add a classic weapon inventory option and there, problem solved. Players who like the wheel can just keep it default.

Belstead
  • Belstead

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:20 PM

Absolutely no to one weapon from each slot. Sometimes I want to switch to a different weapon from the same slot.

abfirstr8
  • abfirstr8

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:23 PM

Like the weapon wheel but hate how it resets every so often. Like how someone above me said they need to make it so you can choose your default weapon slot to be the Carbine, SMG etc then the system would be perfect

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:25 PM Edited by Pinnkiepie, 23 October 2013 - 01:30 PM.

Would be nice to see a way to set a Favorite Weapon in each Cathegory.

Let's say you have the AP Pistol active in the Pistol-Cathegory, Click (so and so) to set it as Favorite.

Then the Favorite will always be the first one chosen in each cathegory.

Would also be nice if it remembered what weapon you had active before entering a Car.

Zwenkwiel
  • Zwenkwiel

Proud owner of several tin foil hats

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:32 PM

having to carry around every weapon is pretty silly and can be annoying

I just make it a point to set the right ones before going into a fight

even dumped a bunch of them but enemies all use the basic weapons so I picked them up pretty soon anyway

would prefer the old way of doing it actually where you could have only 1 weapon in each slot and picking up a new one replaced the old.

but not that big of a deal if you ask me

BosHog
  • BosHog

Trick

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:37 PM

Really needs the option to set a default weapon in each slot and for driving.

Mr. Reaper.
  • Mr. Reaper.

Inactive Account

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:42 PM

It's be nice to have the option of setting your preferred weapon for each slot.
Even if it has to be done at the start of each session.

I just hating having to manually re-equip my AP Pistol or Carbine each time.

hugh750
  • hugh750

i drive fast in gta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:45 PM

I don't know about anyone else, but this really ruins the flow of gameplay for me. I've died far too many times in shootouts because of the game switching my guns for me.

I would like to see a weapons trunk or display wall for the high-end apartments or garages where you can select just of one your purchased weapons for each slot.

Please at least add a settings option to only have 1 of each type of weapon. The current system is just cluttered and clumsy.

If you are on a mission, using the assault SMG, kill an npc, then run over his body, it will automatically switch out your weapon for whatever weapon he had. Which is very frustrating.

I understand that this won't sound like a big deal, but trust me. When you play on free aim plus hard difficulty, this is a big problem.

i 100 % disagree i really like the weapons wheel it's so easy to navagate.

S-M-O-K-E
  • S-M-O-K-E

AEMC La Mesa President

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:45 PM

A favourite or preferred weapon in each slot is a pretty good idea. Also, the weapon not switching when you pick one up off the ground would be good as well. Overall, i like the weapon wheel & dont have any issues with playing on hard & free aim.

MrPeteyMax
  • MrPeteyMax

forum prankster haha i prank u!!!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:46 PM

OP I think you're used to the slow-mo of SP. Don't worry, you'll be switching weapons faster than Usain Bolt's legs soon.

Cadence
  • Cadence

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:30 PM

So basically people don't want a feature that would be optional...?

lannydee
  • lannydee

Trick

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:50 PM

The only thing annoying for me is always making sure I'm on the right handgun.I keep dropping all my pistols because I don't want any other one besides the .50 cal...but I keep picking them up again in random matches. 

Lucius Aelius
  • Lucius Aelius

Loose Seals of LS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:58 PM

I agree that the wheel can be cumbersome to work with when you have every weapon I'm the game, I've died a handful of times because I couldn't switch to the gun I needed fast enough.

This idea of setting a preferred gun in each class to always be in the front, sounds perfect to me. Add to that I'd like to be able to drop some of my guns and preferably never pick them up again, and this thread seems to have covered everything. I just hope R* is listening.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users