IF Lamar replaced frank in GTA 5

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
59 replies to this topic
RockstarFanboy
  • RockstarFanboy

GTA #2 FANBOY / Loyal R* Soldier

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:13 PM

Lamar is funny but I don't know if he would fit with michael and trevor... on the other hand franklin is boring... I mean I like the character but in terms of background history franklin got nothing... I was at least expecting a romance between frank and his ex just to spice things up... but no. He just acts like Trevor & Michaels puppets. M & T on the other hand have awesome Background story with all that betraying and FBI stuff going on...

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:17 PM

I don't think I could stand hearing the word "nigga" 87 times in a row again. It's like he was speaking another language,- although we studied the same books in school and grew up in the same country. Then he claims he's american indian? lol Oh R*, what happened? I think Lamar was a good supporting character, though. But I agree too that Blanklin was too vanilla--nothing really interesting enough about him. I was hoping for a little depth and a good back story. He's just too damn whiny and don't fit in.....but then again....neither do Tranny Trevor and Michael barely works in a GTA. My opinion, nothing more, nothing less.

InfernoV
  • InfernoV

Dont you just hate keyboard warriors!

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:40 PM

He Stayed true to his character, was a better gangbanger, was funnier, had better voice acting, even though a little dumb he was responsible for one of the best missions of the game..

... and said "nigga" every second word.

Its not as annoying as franklin saying MAN FTER EVERY GOD DAMN SENTENCE.

"COME ON MAN, DONT BE LIKE THAT MAN, WHAT THE f*ck YOU WANT MAN, IM IN MAN, WHATS UP NIGGA MAN, IM TIRED MAN, I DONT WANNA DO A MISSION MAN I WANNA SIT AT HOME MAN AND DO NOTHING MAN, YOU HEAR ME DAWG MAN"
  • Thisnamehasnotbeentaken likes this

r34ld34l
  • r34ld34l

PC Gamer

• Members
  • Slovenia

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:47 PM

Lamar gave me flashbacks of Ryder and Sweet who I think are both terrible.

Lamar was alright for the role he played, but most of the conversation with him and Franklin gave me a god damn headache. Almost like trying to understand a foreign language.

Always use subs in games.

Pieface
  • Pieface

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:53 PM

He Stayed true to his character, was a better gangbanger, was funnier, had better voice acting, even though a little dumb he was responsible for one of the best missions of the game..

"COME ON MAN, DONT BE LIKE THAT MAN, WHAT THE f*ck YOU WANT MAN, IM IN MAN, WHATS UP NIGGA MAN, IM TIRED MAN, I DONT WANNA DO A MISSION MAN I WANNA SIT AT HOME MAN AND DO NOTHING MAN, YOU HEAR ME DAWG MAN"

Lmao

Thisnamehasnotbeentaken
  • Thisnamehasnotbeentaken

Prankster

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:15 PM

InfernoV, on 23 Oct 2013 - 6:40 PM, said:

WildBrick142, on 23 Oct 2013 - 4:12 PM, said:

rohra, on 23 Oct 2013 - 12:52 PM, said:

:lol:

rusty_brown_ring_donuts
  • rusty_brown_ring_donuts

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:59 PM

For me, Lamar is the most annoying character in GTA V... followed by this FIB asshole with his own TV show ;)

Deffpony
  • Deffpony

Stay Golden Ponyboy

• None

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:04 PM

I disagree completely. Lamar represents those people who live in the hood and still glorify gang banging like its 1992. I think Lamar's character was a great way to show how GTA V and Franklin's character were moving forward from the SA days.

He was an amazing supporting character for sure, and unlike MVC, I loved the dialogue between them. I think MVC is just one of those people who doesnt enjoy the gangbanger story/mentality that is portrayed in film.

G.S.T
  • G.S.T

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:10 PM

Nah, I didn't like Lamar, I found him pretty irritating unlikeable. His overuse of "nigga" is seriously annoying and stereotypical.

SavageSalad
  • SavageSalad

#nojetpack

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:13 PM Edited by SavageSalad, 23 October 2013 - 07:15 PM.

No, Lamar is a closed minded hood rat and that's all he's ever gonna be. Franklin could have just said "nahh man f*ck you" when he and Michael met but he was willing to get to know him better and that shows Franklin is the better character because I'm pretty sure lamar would have just called Michael a crazy ass white dude if he was in the situation franklin was in and be on his way and that would have been that.  

/Tuomaz
  • /Tuomaz

• Members
  • European-Union

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:18 PM

Lamar is dumb, just like the OP. 

Vagos MC
  • Vagos MC

Playa

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:20 PM

Haha. Yeah, that was really annoying. He offended Franklin like mad yet he hangs around him 24/7. I don't even understand why the majority of black people (around the USA ghettos) call each other "niggas". I'm confused if they are actually offending one another or joking around. Either way, I wouldn't want Lamar as a protagonist. It just wouldn't work.

DruTru
  • DruTru

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:41 PM Edited by DruTru, 23 October 2013 - 07:44 PM.

He would be cool, if he had brains

CarimboHanky
  • CarimboHanky

Rehabilited Glitcher

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:01 PM

his attitude wont fit with the narrative but as whole, he's a better character than franklin.

lamar have style, while franklin is just plain boring.

• visionist, Cutter De Blanc and White Hot Speed like this

omer19992010
  • omer19992010

Grove Street OG

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:46 PM Edited by omer19992010, 23 October 2013 - 08:46 PM.

Lamar was alright for the role he played, but most of the conversation with him and Franklin gave me a god damn headache. Almost like trying to understand a foreign language.

He's Easier to Understand than Lil Jacob.
  • DeafMetal likes this

streetx1xracer
  • streetx1xracer

F*kn magnets, how do they work?

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:54 PM

Jacob was more interesting than lamar

acmilano
  • acmilano

Soldier

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:08 AM

Lil Jacob was better character,more up to the ground.

Travís.
  • Travís.

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:16 AM

No, he's like lil wayne, 'Nigga' in every sentence. 

roostersrule2
  • roostersrule2

I'm Batman

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:21 AM

Lamar is a perfect side character.

Terrible protag though.

King Kapone
  • King Kapone

x N i g h t c a l l

• The Connection

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:50 AM

Lamar is funny because we only deal with him in small doses. An entire game with him as the protaganist would get old real quick, trust.

• DeafMetal likes this

RowanSane
  • RowanSane

SURF crew Commissioner, Xbox 360

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:11 AM

The ballad of Jimmy, Wade and Lamar: Dead in 60 Seconds
It'd be pretty funny though...

If I could have left Lamar
Spoiler
I would have.

As I finally approach the end of the story I feel like Franklin didn't actually know what he wanted, only what he wanted to get away from. Thus all the ironing and car washing transitions. Now that he's out from under his old life he doesn't seem to know what should come next...perhaps he should do a CJ and move to LC?

woggleman
  • woggleman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:47 AM

Then we would have just had a bunch of missions buying bricks of drywall.

darkdayz
  • darkdayz

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:53 AM Edited by darkdayz, 24 October 2013 - 09:53 AM.

If LAMAR replaced Frank GTA 5 Would have been 100 Times Better..

HE EVEN OWNED CHOP..

1992 is that way.

http://upload.wikime...gnArrowLeft.png

Ibrahimhassounah
  • Ibrahimhassounah

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:09 PM

Lamar is the perfect side character. He'd make a bad protag. Like Yusuf and (yes, come at me bros) Roman; I loved them in IV, but they'd make sh*t protags.

Lol
Swap Franklin for Lamar.
Swap Trevor for Wade, and Michael for Brad, or James....

/Sarcasm

SOMEBODY  MAKE THIS INTO A VIDEO WHEN THE PC VERSION COMES OUT. That'd be the most hilarious f*ckin' thing ever. Wade, Lamar, Jimmy.

people already made Niko possible in GTAV 

acmilano
  • acmilano

Soldier

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:57 PM

Lamar is the perfect side character. He'd make a bad protag. Like Yusuf and (yes, come at me bros) Roman; I loved them in IV, but they'd make sh*t protags.

Lol
Swap Franklin for Lamar.
Swap Trevor for Wade, and Michael for Brad, or James....

/Sarcasm

SOMEBODY  MAKE THIS INTO A VIDEO WHEN THE PC VERSION COMES OUT. That'd be the most hilarious f*ckin' thing ever. Wade, Lamar, Jimmy.

people already made Niko possible in GTAV 

Wow.We need PC version soon.I won't even buy it jet,just to enjoy awesome mods and videos on Youtube.

ShadowDog94
  • ShadowDog94

Gaming since '94

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:34 PM Edited by ShadowDog94, 25 October 2013 - 02:35 PM.

Lamar is an annoying piece of sh*t that I can't even understand half the time. Nothing but a sh*t stain who always brings Franklin down even after he saved his sorry ass from the Ballas. I don't even know why he still hangs out with him. I've learned to ditch so called ''friends'' in life that treat me that way.

fac316
  • fac316

Playa

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:46 PM

I live in the inner-city and as much as I hate to admit it, that is how the inhabitants use that word, its like a teenage girl using the word "like". Lamar wouldve been interesting if R* had gangbanging more heaily featured. and not just being

Spoiler
I could see him and Trev hanign out doin speed together. And since micheal and Trev already knew each other it wouldn'tve been a stretch, no pun intended.

EG_NeoMorph
  • EG_NeoMorph

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 April 2014 - 07:55 PM

Just decided to replay the campaign and OMFG did I forget how ultimately frickin annoying Lamar is... so much so that I was glad that the mission came to a close...

Seriously, I'm 10000% a Trevor fan and Lamar hater. Trev is what makes GTA V work.

Detective Phelps
  • Detective Phelps

If it's hostile, you kill it.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA V section - Reporting]

Posted 27 April 2014 - 08:00 PM

Just decided to replay the campaign and OMFG did I forget how ultimately frickin annoying Lamar is... so much so that I was glad that the mission came to a close...

Seriously, I'm 10000% a Trevor fan and Lamar hater. Trev is what makes GTA V work.

You didn't need to bump an old thread to say that...

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Vatican-City
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 27 April 2014 - 08:03 PM

You didn't need to bump an old thread to say that...

Took the words right out of my mouth.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users