Photo

IF Lamar replaced frank in GTA 5

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
59 replies to this topic
rohra
  • rohra

ROHRA

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:52 AM Edited by rohra, 23 October 2013 - 11:53 AM.

If LAMAR replaced Frank GTA 5 Would have been 100 Times Better..

He Stayed true to his character, was a better gangbanger, was funnier, had better voice acting, even though a little dumb he was responsible for one of the best missions of the game..

HE EVEN OWNED CHOP..

• visionist, theGTAking101, llllllllllllllll and 1 other like this

Senor_taco28
  • Senor_taco28

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:07 PM

Yeah, how about no?

zerrier
  • zerrier

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:14 PM

Hell no. His personality doesn't fit around the 2 other main characters. Plus that nigga is just another hustling ass nigga stuck in the ghetto. although if the game were centered more around the "Gangstah" stuff, he would still not fit as a main character, more like a "Sweet" character from SA. 

United_Stealth
  • United_Stealth

Scooter brother

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:15 PM

Lol, that dumbass? No thank you

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:18 PM

Yeah, but he was a dick. Franklin was looking to elevate himself and get OUT of gangbanging. Lamar wants to stay in it forever, which would make any mission/story motivations completely bogus.

Great character, I'll admit, one of my favourites in any GTA, in fact, but not someone I'd want to play as. 

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:20 PM

Lamar gave me flashbacks of Ryder and Sweet who I think are both terrible.

Lamar was alright for the role he played, but most of the conversation with him and Franklin gave me a god damn headache. Almost like trying to understand a foreign language.

rohra
  • rohra

ROHRA

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:22 PM

Lamar gave me flashbacks of Ryder and Sweet who I think are both terrible.

Lamar was alright for the role he played, but most of the conversation with him and Franklin gave me a god damn headache. Almost like trying to understand a foreign language.

haha true

acmilano
  • acmilano

Soldier

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:24 PM

Nah,first of all Lamar wouldn't want to seek anything better so he wouldn't ask Michael advice to learn about better,more lucrative ways of earning money,never would be involved in first heist and meet Trevor later,so Mike and Trevor would continue their story alone. In the meantime Lamar and probably Franklin would end up dead by the hand of the Stretch. Either would get killed in Grove Street with out back up from 

Spoiler
or when 
Spoiler
kidnapped Lamar and needed help from 
Spoiler
to stay alive. That is like suggesting that San Andreas would be better if we play with Sweet instead of CJ. CJ was accused on this forum as being bi@tch but he saved his family,his gang and distroy his enemies doing what was needed to be done. Sweet would stay 100 percent OG,but he would just end up in prison and get killed in yard.

InfernoV
  • InfernoV

Dont you just hate keyboard warriors!

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:15 PM

YEZ PLZ.

Him and trevor could have done some crazy sh*t together.

Franklin says no to everything and really pissed me off in that grove street mission. When he was keep saying lets go during the drug deal, SHUT THE f*ck UP YOU LITTLE BITCH ADULTS ARE DOING BUSINESS.
  • llllllllllllllll likes this

Ireland Ike
  • Ireland Ike

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:16 PM

I agree with the op. lamar would be a better character to play as & f*ck r* stans

streetx1xracer
  • streetx1xracer

F*kn magnets, how do they work?

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:02 PM

Lamar is too shallow and I guess a bit ignorant too.

For example franklin tries to explain to Lamar life lessons about how there's more to life than just the ghetto stuff. Lamar just doesnt understand it and never fully thinks it through. He only thinks about gang banging and the family.

And I really hated it when
Spoiler

That just wanted me to pop a bullet in his head just to shut him up.

Thisnamehasnotbeentaken
  • Thisnamehasnotbeentaken

Prankster

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:24 PM

I agree.

ShopToCustomer
  • ShopToCustomer

Ven rápido

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:28 PM

lamar was great, franklin is boring as hell. 

• visionist, llllllllllllllll and Thisnamehasnotbeentaken like this

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:31 PM

So it seems all those in favour of Lamar are actually wannabe tough-guys. 

Noted. 

LoneWolfMargaret
  • LoneWolfMargaret

Gamer, Artist, Lone Wolf.

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:33 PM

Great character, but like Fuzzknuckles said he didn't want to to get out of gangbanging so missions would get old fast, for me anyway.

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:34 PM

Cheesus, just no.

I dont like lamar after being forced to hear his ridiculous talking over 200 times in the GTA Online/Offline tutorial.

John The Grudge
  • John The Grudge

Soldier

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:37 PM Edited by John The Grudge, 23 October 2013 - 02:39 PM.

If LAMAR replaced Frank GTA 5 Would have been 100 Times Better..

He Stayed true to his character, was a better gangbanger, was funnier, had better voice acting, even though a little dumb he was responsible for one of the best missions of the game..

HE EVEN OWNED CHOP..

Lamar wouldn't have visited Michael and asked him for work.  Lamar was more or less happy being a gang-banger and had no ambition to move up in the world beyond the hood.  With all due respect your idea would make for an inferior game to what we have.

I enjoyed those early Franklin missions though and like the Lamar character.  It's tempting to say I'd have liked more missions with him but I think that woud have screwed up the game's pacing.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:39 PM

LAMAR IS AMAZING!
I agree.

undftd8
  • undftd8

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:45 PM

Lamar would be good. I think if they switch from the start a lot of people will ask also the same question "if franklin replaced lamar in gta v" so i think lamar will also have a good storyline with the other 2 main character. But i think it will be lamar-trevor rather than the frank-michael father and son like. Lamar and trevor get along well because of their confident and f*cked up personalities. Any character would fit the franklin role, the 2 main character have the positive and negative side. While the franklin role is more like the flexible and round character.

Maggot899
  • Maggot899

Golf Wang

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:09 PM

I love the f*ck out of Lamar's character, but in order for him to have worked as a protagonist Rockstar would have to have changed him a lot, or gave him different motivations. Almost all the protagonists we have had, have some kind of need to get more out of what they have (with the exception of Claude who I still believe was just a thrill seeker and loved killing people.) Lamar, who is awesome, is what I believe to be Rockstar's poster boy for actual people that grow up in gangs and don't care about life outside of it (I've met many people like this) and while he is a great supporting character, his lifestyle and personality would not have had the opportunity to flesh out a story other than life in Chamberlain Hills.

• Gregers08 likes this

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:12 PM

... and said "nigga" every second word.

• Vagos MC likes this

ShadowDog94
  • ShadowDog94

Gaming since '94

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:14 PM

LOL, how about if Jimmy replaced Michael? Or if Ron replaced Trevor? Yeah, I don't think so.

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:17 PM

No. Great character indeed, but there isn't much about him that would push his story. Same goes for Franklin to some degree, but Lamar would just be an out of place protagonist only there for humor. We already have Trevor for that.

Terrato137
  • Terrato137

The One

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:18 PM

I f*cking hated Lamar.

ColdHearted
  • ColdHearted

Nascar isn't a sport

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:19 PM

Nah it wouldnt have worked, he's a gangbanger nothing more nothing less, I liked him better than Franklin who is probably the most boring GTA protag ever, Lamar was definetly one of the best side characters due to his humour though, he could work in a DLC but he's the type of guy that would've been dead without someone like Franklin around he's just too dumb to g it alone so they'd have to change his whole character premise for it to work.

• TakinThyBacon likes this

TakinThyBacon
  • TakinThyBacon

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:24 PM

Problem for me with that concept is that I do not see any chance of Lamar ever forming any sort of a relationship with Trevor or Michael. Franklin was on the hunt for a better life, where as Lamar seemed to be content being a gang banger. Franklin fit in with the group, which was much more important to the game then trying to cater to a select few that have a San Andreas fetish. 

CloudHigh
  • CloudHigh

MJ2

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:28 PM

Lol
Swap Franklin for Lamar.
Swap Trevor for Wade, and Michael for Brad, or James....

/Sarcasm

Seriously tho, the three protagonists all were involved through personal motivations and challenges they wish to accomplish.

Lamar wouldn't have worked for this game, this isn't SA2, where all we do is rep the hood.
  • DeafMetal likes this

73duster
  • 73duster

Ghetto Star

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:28 PM

Lamar was ok in small doses, but he would have been dreadful as a lead character. He is one dimensional, and was already getting on my nerves almost immediately with his constant whining about "tha hood", and immature views on loyalty to a dead end lifestyle. One of the DUMBEST characters ever in the world of GTA, who kept getting into trouble in spite of his lifetime as a gangbanger. Where was his street smarts?

Sorry, but he would have sunk this game if he had just a bit more exposure in it.

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:47 PM Edited by DeafMetal, 23 October 2013 - 04:51 PM.

Lamar is the perfect side character. He'd make a bad protag. Like Yusuf and (yes, come at me bros) Roman; I loved them in IV, but they'd make sh*t protags.

Lol
Swap Franklin for Lamar.
Swap Trevor for Wade, and Michael for Brad, or James....

/Sarcasm

SOMEBODY  MAKE THIS INTO A VIDEO WHEN THE PC VERSION COMES OUT. That'd be the most hilarious f*ckin' thing ever. Wade, Lamar, Jimmy.

• Tikhung likes this

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:05 PM

Yeah.. NOT.

Only people who wish for him to be a character instead of Franklin are people who are still stuck with ''gangbanging'' in SA and wanted Franklin's story to revolve around gangs.

Franklin is what CJ wanted to be, but never was due to being a bitch to his brother. Franklin is an accomplished man who knew there is more to life than ghetto and he went on to achieve much more than Lamar's ''gangsta'' ass ever achieved in the ghetto.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users