Quantcast

» «
Photo

Does anyone really care about the Day-Z standalone anymore?

30 replies to this topic
Zepren
  • Zepren

Worldbreaker

• Angels of Death MC
  • Scotland

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:42 AM

So, I heard that the Day-Z standalone has appeared in the steam database. A year ago I would have been pretty excited for an impending  but by now I just really don't care anymore. 

I never got into the mod as I couldn't be bothered with buying ARMA 2 at the time so I thought I'd wait for the standalone which had not long been announced (and was supposed to be out by the end of that year, ha!). I've been waiting so long I've just completely lost interest.

Am I the only one? I feel like it. 

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:46 AM

I'm still pretty interested in this, even though State of Decay was a good game, there are still so much more possibilities ot be done with zombie games

I just wish Project Zomboid turned into a proper 3D-version (not isometric pixelart) it would make it the best zombie game ever.

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:08 PM

I just wish Project Zomboid turned into a proper 3D-version (not isometric pixelart) it would make it the best zombie game ever.

there's a full 3D sandbox zombie game that is similar to Project Zomboid released just this year.

look up State of Decay. it's pretty good.

MrPeteyMax
  • MrPeteyMax

DON'T TOUCH ME YOU FILTHY CASUAL

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:13 PM

Cool Idea, badly executed. Day-Z is almost unplayable. When the standalone appears, I'll give it a try and see if I like it any more.

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

I will turn your life upside down!

• The Yardies

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:31 PM

Even though I am fan of games Zombie Survival games, I have lost some interest in Day Z. It is not that because it looks boring or I won't play it.  It is just there is so many damn Zombie Survival games that came out this year..It is ridiculous.

I agree there is still lot of stuff to be done to the Zombie Survival Genre and most I played are great, except they miss a few things from being perfect.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:41 PM

there's a full 3D sandbox zombie game that is similar to Project Zomboid released just this year.

look up State of Decay. it's pretty good.

You know I just said State of Decay was pretty good right? :p Scroll up!

Project Zomboid had way more possibilities, items and basebuilding than State of Decay.

• El_Diablo likes this

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:45 PM

I still care, I love teh zomb1es

BarelyLegal
  • BarelyLegal

You're a cnt.

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:36 PM

The people who say they've lost interest actually haven't lost interest whatsoever, they just subconsciously hope Rocket is for whatever reason browsing the Forums; in hopes he'll release it faster. You'll buy it, you know you will.

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:56 PM Edited by finn4life, 23 October 2013 - 10:57 PM.

The people who say they've lost interest actually haven't lost interest whatsoever, they just subconsciously hope Rocket is for whatever reason browsing the Forums; in hopes he'll release it faster. You'll buy it, you know you will.

I think people are confusing loss of Excitement with loss of interest. I mean the game still looks fun and still interesting, but you lack the excitement for it. It's pretty f*cking hard to stay in a perpetual state of excitement, even if you had won the lottery but had to wait a few months for the money to come through, eventually your excitement would dwindle, but your desire to get the money and such is still there.

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:59 AM

You know I just said State of Decay was pretty good right? :p Scroll up!

Project Zomboid had way more possibilities, items and basebuilding than State of Decay.

oh.

LOL I'm an idiot.

see this is why we need a 'delete post' function :lol:

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:19 AM

I am hoping for a PS4 release personally. I can't stand PC gaming with a keyboard and mouse, sh*t is just not intuitive and it takes a text book to remember every control for ArmA2, so if they could work that out, it would suit everyone much better and get much more popular.

marmoo
  • marmoo

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:43 AM Edited by marmoo, 24 October 2013 - 07:44 AM.

Loved Dayz for a long time but now I do not play it

A multitude of Patches have made it too 'anal'. I feel Rocket and the developers are listening to the community too much and the community seems hell bent on making an experience, which in the community's own words is to rid it of 'Call of Duty Kiddies'. For what reason I do not know. I am not a COD fan but there is no reason why these players can not add something to our experience.

The removal of the .50 cal guns in my opinion was a mistake and the loot system now is a joke. Run about for 3 days to get enough parts for a car...gimmie a break, I have to go to work lol. 

DayZ standalone is going to go in exactly the same direction albeit more polished with more options

Arma 2 is an amazing military simulator and I still play it (love a bit of wastelands) but haven't fired up DayZ for months now and to be honest can't see me doing it for a while. Me and my friends who play Arma 2  toy with the idea of firing up DayZ but in the end we all come to the agreement we can't be arsed.

Don't get me wrong. DayZ is a wonderful mod and Standalone will also be good and will sell tons of copies but I doubt I will buy it straight away if at all and If I do it will be during a Steam Sale

Zepren
  • Zepren

Worldbreaker

• Angels of Death MC
  • Scotland

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:17 AM

I think people are confusing loss of Excitement with loss of interest. I mean the game still looks fun and still interesting, but you lack the excitement for it. It's pretty f*cking hard to stay in a perpetual state of excitement, even if you had won the lottery but had to wait a few months for the money to come through, eventually your excitement would dwindle, but your desire to get the money and such is still there.

True. I was 100% hype a year ago. I might play it but I doubt it. My steam library is already over flowing and I have GTA Online to play. 

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

amplifier worship

• Mongolia
  • Best Senior Moderator 2013

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:54 PM

Anybody get this yet? I'm still familiarizing myself with controls, but it seems pretty cool so far.

El_Diablo
  • El_Diablo

"The_Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 19 December 2013 - 11:32 PM

I had been playing DayZ since the early ArmA release, so the standalone doesn't do anything for me now.

if you enjoyed DayZ then the standalone is just the "Gold" edition. it's polished and whatnot, but you still need a dedicated group of friends to really enjoy the game.

State of Decay is where I'm getting my current zombie fix since finishing the last Dead Island.

AndrewDeSanta
  • AndrewDeSanta

Republitarian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 December 2013 - 12:24 AM

Unless it comes to PS4 (It's been said that there is a chance) I'm not very interested...

Huffin-Puffin
  • Huffin-Puffin

Snitch

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 10:34 AM

Is it coming to consoles? I'd care about that.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 December 2013 - 11:05 AM

The standalone is terrible at the moment. Not much loot or too many empty open buildings. Haven't seen a single zombie yet but my mate says he has seen 3 in total on a jaunt across the map. It has a long way to go!

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 20 December 2013 - 11:47 AM

Main problem for me with Day-Z was the HORRIBLE animations of zombies and that the controls took so long to learn.

tuareg
  • tuareg

Goodbye, John Marston. It's been a great pleasure!

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None

Posted 20 December 2013 - 05:23 PM

So it's pre-alpha and they plan on releasing the beta a year from now afaik. Should i get the pre-alpha standalone or just get arma 2 and the dayz mod instead? Are there still people playing regular arma 2?

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:37 AM

Standalone is alot better... and some of you guys don't understand what an alpha build is (or better yet can't read but whatever).

Loved it so far. Can't wait to enjoy the progress/fixes they'll be pushing out.

Rebel
  • Rebel

Woop Woop!

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 21 December 2013 - 12:25 PM

I had the standalone since it released on Steam - Its actually okay. I wish they'd sort out the loot spawning thing though, it only resets every 4 hours so you better make your way up north for any real chance. Zombies clip through the buildings though if they are after you - loot is a little wish washy I tend to find more hats than anything else. I do love the fact that guns aren't a real commodity at the moment. I've been playing with loads of friends and its fantastic. You really have to go to every town and look for supplies and what not.

Killerdude8
  • Killerdude8

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 21 December 2013 - 12:29 PM

Played Dayz finally for the first time 2 weeks ago, an hour later I uninstalled it and never looked back. Overrated PoS.

imo..

friendly luggage
  • friendly luggage

Catch a ride!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 December 2013 - 02:27 PM

The standalone is better in a few ways but still has a long way to go before I'd recommend it to people. At the moment I'd choose the mod over the standalone when playing with friends

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

Big Homie

• Members
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 21 December 2013 - 02:36 PM

Is it coming to consoles? I'd care about that.

Considering that ArmA 2 takes up nearly the full PC keyboard, no.

kipakolonyasi
  • kipakolonyasi

Homeboy

• Members
  • Palestine

Posted 21 December 2013 - 03:31 PM

zombie sh*t just generally jumped the shark for me.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 21 December 2013 - 09:49 PM

No, no one cares as far as I know

Cyper
  • Cyper

Liberty City Lover Since 2001

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 December 2013 - 12:11 AM

I don't care.

But im really happy that it becomes a standalone. DayZ ruined ARMA II. I don't want it in to infest ARMA III. I'm interested in ARMA, not DayZ. Maybe I try DayZ one day though.

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 22 December 2013 - 12:54 AM

Even with all the bugs the game is great. The atmosphere, the interactions and actually the f*cking brutal and true human nature of people (and sometimes acts of strangers that soften your heart and make you believe in humanity/mankind again).

But mostly BEANZZZ... and getting shot by nuggets. Sometimes I really think there are basement dwellers out there who live in sh*t like DayZ 24/7. 

Remix
  • Remix

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 01:41 AM

You are all missing the point - the game isn't about zombies. If anything, it's about player interaction and survival.

The standalone has a long way to go before it's out of alpha, but I'm glad it's finally been released. The mod limited the game in so many ways.

• FullMetal likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users