Quantcast

» «
Photo

So Franklin is the main protagonist...(major spoilers!)

27 replies to this topic
VVipeSide
  • VVipeSide

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:27 AM

We start as

Spoiler
and we get to know these two very well in particular. We get to know about past and present mistakes and these are the two who f*ck the most things up in a way.

Since

Spoiler
can both be killed and won't be in any other GTA title all we got is Franklin. 

Kind of sh*tty. He is...well, okay. But nothing special. He's so generic. A little bit of CJ, a little bit Luis Lopez, he is like a nice, helping guy with high moral standards but also kills relentlessy. 

Somehow, all the previous protagonists of colour Rockstar created are like this. They can't add depth to a coloured protagonist.

Why is that? I mean, side characters of colour are alright...Dwayne, Jacob, Badman, Jim, Clay.

cldd
  • cldd

Rock On

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:28 AM

Because the GTASA fanboys won't buy it otherwise. 

rohra
  • rohra

ROHRA

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:30 AM

A Main Protagonist who basically was NOT FUN and stayed a fourth of his true character ..unlike trevor and michael who Stuck on to their true characters until the end.. Lamar was right.. Franklin was not a good enough gangbanger.. he was im sorry to say a pussy compared to other black protagonists like CJ or even Luis or wateva.. just wasn''t there.. felt dumb..

theNGclan
  • theNGclan

Coded. Not stirred.

• Members
  • United-States
  • Best Topic 2014 [GTA V and Steam]

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:30 AM

Franklin's story is about him getting into deeper criminal activity while attempting to prepare himself for the worst. In the endings where 

Spoiler
that he becomes upset over his decision. He was not prepared to lose someone dear to him (maybe Lamar though. I was expecting him to die.).

Franklin's only role is to show what it's like for a newbie in a really dangerous situation.

rohra
  • rohra

ROHRA

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:37 AM

Rockstar gave us a beefed up Black protagonist from the HOOD.. SO he could kill architects, do skydiving, Live in a posh apartment in vinewood Hills etc.. Worst Worst protagonist ever... EVERR

• llllllllllllllll likes this

llllllllllllllll
  • llllllllllllllll

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:14 PM

Rockstar gave us a beefed up Black protagonist from the HOOD.. SO he could kill architects, do skydiving, Live in a posh apartment in vinewood Hills etc.. Worst Worst protagonist ever... EVERR

Aint that the truth!!!!!

sneety
  • sneety

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:28 PM

Franklin's story is about him getting into deeper criminal activity while attempting to prepare himself for the worst. In the endings where 

Spoiler
that he becomes upset over his decision. He was not prepared to lose someone dear to him (maybe Lamar though. I was expecting him to die.).

Franklin's only role is to show what it's like for a newbie in a really dangerous situation.

+1
Tbh, he seemed the most sensible out of them.

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:33 PM

They did a half-assed job with Franklin...

But I agree. He is the main protagonist of the game. The beginning and end revolves around him.

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:36 PM

So he's a bitch because he's not a ''good enough gang banger''?

That man save Lamar's ass countless times by putting his own life in danger and killing countless gangsters. And just because he is strong enough to say f*ck gangs, I want a better life, he is a bitch?

CJ is a bitch. He's the one who moaned about a better life but couldn't say no to Sweet so he stayed nothing but a hood rat. Franklin was his own man, and while the story didn't focus much on him, he was definitely a strong character who knew what he wanted and did what he had to do to get it.
You're just butthurt that he's not a copy of CJ, running around the ghetto screaming ''f*ck Ballas'' all day long.

RapstarGames
  • RapstarGames

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:51 PM

Spoiler

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:52 PM

How is franklin a pussy? So many dumb f*cks....so many dumb f*cks everywhere!

He's just bored of the hood.

shadyslady
  • shadyslady

I've never been popular - I don't mean to start now

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:11 PM

Rapstargames that is not true. Franklin can't die in any ending. Even if he pulls up Mike.

Journey_95
  • Journey_95

Playa

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:20 PM

I agree man in comparison to Michael and Trevor who were really interesting and outstanding GTA Protagonists Franklin

was kind of meh

I still liked him though

The Gardener
  • The Gardener

jebeno isti

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:35 PM

I found Franklin to be the least interesting of the protagonists...by a long looong way.

But still agree, at the end he kind of felt like the MAIN main character. While through the story it felt like Michael.

Money Over Bullshit
  • Money Over Bullshit

Mack Militant

• Members
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Concepts]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2010
    Best Concept Story 2010 "The Code of The Streets"

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:35 PM

So black people from the hood can't ever move up in the world?? Thank you Mr. middle class white boy for your outstanding contribution to discrimination.

MindCorrupt
  • MindCorrupt

iCorrupt

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:46 PM

I don't Franklin is the main protagonist, I think he is just the neutral character between Michael and Trevor. Which is why he's given the decision at the end.

There isn't a main protagonist, it's highly unlikely any of these characters will exist beyond a mention in future titles. Which I think is sad because I think Trevor is the best character they've come up with so far.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:03 PM

Spoiler

No, that is not true.

Nathaaann
  • Nathaaann

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:06 PM

A Main Protagonist who basically was NOT FUN and stayed a fourth of his true character ..unlike trevor and michael who Stuck on to their true characters until the end.. Lamar was right.. Franklin was not a good enough gangbanger.. he was im sorry to say a pussy compared to other black protagonists like CJ or even Luis or wateva.. just wasn''t there.. felt dumb..

He'd been wanting to get out of the hood for a long time. He wasn't interested in being a gang banger and only did those stickups with Lamar because best friends drag each other into everything..

chuckberry04
  • chuckberry04

Thug

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:16 PM

HOW does the beginning or end revolve around him? The game starts with Trevor and Michael and Trevor and Michael are also there at the ending.. Franklin just makes the choice, so what? So if Franklin and Michael suddenly got into a dispute and Trevor has to chose who to kill, Trevor is suddenly the main protagonist? This how it works? It bullsh*t really.

GTAboob
  • GTAboob

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:42 PM

I don't think we have to tag topics as spoilers anymore.

Jacob-B
  • Jacob-B

Misunderstood Genius

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:06 PM

I'll add my 2 cents

I liked Franklin, yes he may not be as interesting as Michael or Trevor but he was a guy who knew what he wanted and he went and got it, he was a protege of Michael and even Trevor so of course he'd be sidelined next to them the whole time. I felt Rockstar did a great job of balancing the story between Michael and Trevor and the personal story of Franklin, and he is nothing like CJ... if you honestly think that i suggest you go and play San Andreas again, i can't find many similar qualities between the two besides the obvious ones.

Pepperjack
  • Pepperjack

Reasonably

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:15 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, I always carry my heat in these streets

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:19 PM Edited by Official General, 23 October 2013 - 11:20 PM.

I agree man in comparison to Michael and Trevor who were really interesting and outstanding GTA Protagonists Franklin

was kind of meh

I still liked him though

Really ??

I did not think any of the 3 protagonists in GTA V were very interesting, let alone outstanding. There was nothing special about Michael or Franklin, and I just hated Trevor. 

These guys were not very memorable.

Pepperjack
  • Pepperjack

Reasonably

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:21 PM Edited by jiggysaw, 23 October 2013 - 11:21 PM.

was kind of meh

I still liked him though

Really ??

I did not think any of the 3 protagonists in GTA V were very interesting, let alone outstanding. There was nothing special about Michael or Franklin, and I just hated Trevor. 

These guys were not very memorable.

In YOUR opinion, In his not so much, People have different minds

carmelo3
  • carmelo3

Prankster

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:22 PM

Coloured?? In 2013?? Cant se serious.

Why are white people so afraid to say the word black???

Official General
  • Official General

I'm from Broker, LC, I always carry my heat in these streets

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:23 PM

In YOUR opinion, In his not so much, People have different minds

@ jiggysaw

Thanks for the lesson in life  :sarcasm:

InfernoV
  • InfernoV

Dont you just hate keyboard warriors!

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:39 PM

So he's a bitch because he's not a ''good enough gang banger''?

That man save Lamar's ass countless times by putting his own life in danger and killing countless gangsters. And just because he is strong enough to say f*ck gangs, I want a better life, he is a bitch?

CJ is a bitch. He's the one who moaned about a better life but couldn't say no to Sweet so he stayed nothing but a hood rat. Franklin was his own man, and while the story didn't focus much on him, he was definitely a strong character who knew what he wanted and did what he had to do to get it.
You're just butthurt that he's not a copy of CJ, running around the ghetto screaming ''f*ck Ballas'' all day long.

Cj had a charm about him

Franklin has nothing and easily the worst gta protagonist. When I saw him in the trailers I thought this charecter looks sh*t but maybe rockstar are keeping him abit secret for a reason. But I was right in the first place, he is exctly the way he is the trailers.

Michael and trevor are awsome though

PIOCapacitor
  • PIOCapacitor

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:49 PM

Coloured?? In 2013?? Cant se serious.

Why are white people so afraid to say the word black???

Because when we say Black we're told it's African-American and when we say African-American we're told to say Black. 

Now I just say, "Youse guys" 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users