Photo

Kicked from Free Roam sessions?

42 replies to this topic
-Murder-
  • -Murder-

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:54 AM

Lately, nearly every time I go back to free roam from doing/hosting a job (mostly races) it gives me the message "You have been kicked from the session by other players" then it takes me back to story mode, I choose my character and get back on and it gives me a warning saying I left in the middle of a session and will be put with other "bad sports" if I continue.

It's happening nonstop lately so it's pretty much inevitable that i'm going to end up in bad sport lobbies, is anyone else having this issue? I'm pretty sure other players aren't kicking me from free roam that often.

ManiacMatt1782
  • ManiacMatt1782

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:02 AM

Some people just vote anyone who isnt on their friends list out because they don't know how to make a private game.
  • jameznash likes this

-Murder-
  • -Murder-

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:09 AM

But still, it happens way too often. This on top of the "timed out loading session" nearly every time I log on leads me to believe there is an issue beyond players just kicking me all the time.

SausageInACan
  • SausageInACan

كافر

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:11 AM

What rank are you?

-Murder-
  • -Murder-

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:13 AM

I was a 116, but today i've been using a fresh character and it's still happening constantly.

The Huntsman
  • The Huntsman

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:17 AM Edited by The Huntsman, 23 October 2013 - 11:19 AM.

I'm inclined to agree with the people who say it's a glitch.  When people vote to kick you, you get a warning in the bottom left.  You also get a bad sport warning post kick.  I've gotten kicked dozens of times today, sometimes mere seconds after entering a map, and there's no time for anybody to vote.  And I don't get those warnings.

Moses Cashin
  • Moses Cashin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:33 AM

It's been happening to me a lot recently. When it happens I usually try again later on in the day and it will work fine, I'd definitely say it's a glitch, as it happens so quickly (to me, anyway) that other people in the game wouldn't even know you'd joined yet.

hiighpower
  • hiighpower

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:02 PM

Can you kick anyone in free roam like GTA IV?

pro_laps
  • pro_laps

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:52 PM

Going back into free-roam from a job and getting kicked instantly...what's annoying is that it boots you back to SP, rather than to a different session.  Like in IV...very very annoying because it wastes time

Kromix
  • Kromix

Peon

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:59 PM

But still, it happens way too often. This on top of the "timed out loading session" nearly every time I log on leads me to believe there is an issue beyond players just kicking me all the time.

Agreed. If you dont get the kick warning its probably a connection error. I reckon its a flaw in the error-handling code, if you know what that means ... 

Masher8559
  • Masher8559

Hustler

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:22 PM

Happened to me today, wasn't causing any trouble just minding my own business. Not sure if it's a bug or what. The free roam had 16 players online so i seriously doubt everybody voted to kick me. 

-Murder-
  • -Murder-

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:45 PM

Going back into free-roam from a job and getting kicked instantly...what's annoying is that it boots you back to SP, rather than to a different session.  Like in IV...very very annoying because it wastes time

Pretty much the same issue i'm having.

gunslinger88
  • gunslinger88

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:51 PM Edited by gunslinger88, 23 October 2013 - 11:52 PM.

I got kicked out of a invite only session after i finished a mission :| lol

i was the only one in it

• abfirstr8 likes this

Blasterman4EVER
  • Blasterman4EVER

Judgement Time

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 03:50 AM

Where is the option to kick someone? What other options do you have regarding players in free roam?

I have been kicked from several free roams, but I don't even know how to do it.

And how many people does it take?

It took a lot in IV.

ClockworkMonkey
  • ClockworkMonkey

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:50 AM Edited by ClockworkMonkey, 29 October 2013 - 01:52 AM.

I've been having this problem, got sent to the bad sport pool because of it.   Same thing as described above, always kicked very quickly, away from other players, no warnings etc. Sometimes even in empty servers (pretty sure I wasn't kicking myself).

I'm out of the bad sport pool now, but I got kicked 3 times from free roam within about 30 minutes, all of which count towards bad sport, so I don't want to play now in case I get randomly kicked and then can't play with my friends again for several days.

Rockstar support called me a liar when I tried to tell them about the problem.

I read about NAT types, but my connection says NAT type 2 and I never have problems with other games on the same system.

Any ideas?

Teckyy
  • Teckyy

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:53 AM

Yeah has happened to me although to be fair it's only happened 3 times in 88 hours of online play time! ALL 3 times was for no reason though.

If you keep getting kicked (even for no good reason) you will also get a bad sport against you...

Muskidinho04
  • Muskidinho04

God of Thunder

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:55 AM

it happens to me when im in a invite only session after finishing a mission from time to time. its just a fancy way of saying timed out but want to make you think your getting kick though no1 is in the lobby to kick you

KingPancakes
  • KingPancakes

Sortve have a life outside of video games, go easy

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:56 AM

This happened to me a few days ago and i said I was kicked by the other players. But I wasn't even interacting with any of the other players. Thought maybe it was cuz I wouldn't fight and kill people for no reason like the rest were doing? I dunno. Could've been an accident I guess.

ClockworkMonkey
  • ClockworkMonkey

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:01 AM Edited by ClockworkMonkey, 29 October 2013 - 02:02 AM.

Like I said above, it's happened to me in empty servers. "You were kicked by other players" with nobody else there...

Rockstars response was

Hello,

It looks like the main reason for you being in the bad sport pool is due to you being voted out of multiple Jobs by other players. This is not due to disconnection, this is a vote by other players in the room kicking you from the game.

I don't have many suggestions for you other than make sure you're not doing something that would bother other players.

There is nothing we can do as your bad sport score was caused by majority votes.

You will not be removed from the bad sport pool.

Thank you,
R*

Hello ,

Unfortunately, we are not able to adjust Bad Sport stats. The stats in our system show this was not a simple one time event. These are multiple, repeated offences and the system tracks that.

Best Regards,
Preston H.

They refused to acknowledge that the kick system might be broken.

Pretty sure these were automated responses anyway as they were very vague and didn't actually answer any of my questions. I got the same reply earlier and I'm not even in the bad sport pool now.

KingPancakes
  • KingPancakes

Sortve have a life outside of video games, go easy

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 02:05 AM

But in my case it wasn't invite only and there was more than a few people in the session with me so I dunno

SingingTrout85
  • SingingTrout85

Reserved Semi-Serious Gamer

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:50 AM

Lately, nearly every time I go back to free roam from doing/hosting a job (mostly races) it gives me the message "You have been kicked from the session by other players" then it takes me back to story mode, I choose my character and get back on and it gives me a warning saying I left in the middle of a session and will be put with other "bad sports" if I continue.

It's happening nonstop lately so it's pretty much inevitable that i'm going to end up in bad sport lobbies, is anyone else having this issue? I'm pretty sure other players aren't kicking me from free roam that often.

I've had this happen too. Usually its after I've done an activity, like survival. I'm like, "Seriously? I wasn't even doing a job just now dangit."

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Grumpy Old Man

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:53 AM

Chances are it's a bug, others have reported it being related to connection issues - e.g. more frequent when servers are loaded up / internet downloading.

Stringer Bell
  • Stringer Bell

Adjourn your asses

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 October 2013 - 03:59 AM

i get kicked all the time...i think its connection issues 

however the last 3 days...ive been trying to go online and it would start taking me down to my apartment and went it got to my apartment im in some kinda of glitch game...i have no money, nothing is on the map  i can run/shoot in my apartment ...i can go outside my apartment into the hallway and even get in the elevator (it wont go down tho the doors just open)  

anybody else having this problem?

Stringer Bell
  • Stringer Bell

Adjourn your asses

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:01 AM Edited by Poohdini, 29 October 2013 - 04:02 AM.

i can still get in a real game every now and then but it takes several tries

Pig__Destroyer
  • Pig__Destroyer

DRIFT THIS *****

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:27 AM

I think it's a glitch because sometimes when I'm doing a private lobby and have matchmaking off, some people join. I don't kick em though

prodigy_hades
  • prodigy_hades

Peon

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 07:40 AM

As far as I know "kicked out of session" is a bug when its actually timed out with session
hence its the problem with the connection towards the server which has been there since day 1 online launches

ClockworkMonkey
  • ClockworkMonkey

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:29 PM Edited by ClockworkMonkey, 29 October 2013 - 01:37 PM.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

I'm going to end up unable to play with my friends again at this rate.

I've submitted another request to R*, but I don't expect anything useful will come of it as their support service is apparently manned by bots.

http://support.rocks...equests/1305596

You can check here for the useless information they'll probably post in an hour or so.

My bet is an automated response about what Bad Sport is.

SilencedScream
  • SilencedScream

Masked Maniacal Man Mass Murders Millions, Maybe, Man

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:35 PM

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

I'm going to end up unable to play with my friends again at this rate.

You'll just have to work on your connection.
And I know - you probably have no issue playing any other online game; I'm in the same boat - but it seems that GTA:O's server connection is a lot more touchy than most games.

While I can play Battlefield with no issues whatsoever, I normally have to play with my NAT settings to make sure there's no issues.

But, to walk you through what I do, follow this:
-Using a computer or laptop, go into your router's IP (for me, this is http://192.168.2.1/ - you'll have to find yours online, depending on your brand of modem; type it in the URL bar like you're typing google.com)

-Go to settings, find UPNP. Disable it. Then enable it.
-Restart the router.
-Go into Xbox Live, go to Settings, go to the connections tab (can't remember the name)
-Test the connection. If it comes back with no issues, you should be good for a while.

If it comes back with an issue, try it all again. If it STILL comes back with an issue, just know that this isn't what I got my degree in, and you'll have to ask someone wiser than me.

But this method usually fixes it for me for several hours.

• ClockworkMonkey likes this

ClockworkMonkey
  • ClockworkMonkey

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:40 PM

Thanks, I guess I might have to play around with my router, but it is set to NAT type 2, so I don't see how it could be the problem (I also have BF3, but never have any issues with it, and don't have to fiddle with settings to make it so).

RAS_ZeroZ
  • RAS_ZeroZ

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 29 October 2013 - 01:52 PM

Got kicked out of a survival tonight on wave 8... f*ck you rockstar.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users