» «
Photo

Looking for like-minded gamers?

20 replies to this topic
OurJud
  • OurJud

Hustler

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:39 AM Edited by OurJud, 23 October 2013 - 03:06 PM.

Just wonder if it would be an idea to have a thread where people post their online username (assuming they don't use the same one as they do for their forum name here).

I know it sounds daft and a bit like it's defeating the object of the game, but I'm looking for slightly less hostile sessions, where I might be able to ride with folk for some robbing, etc, instead of constantly getting peppered with bullets when I come within 100 yards of another player.

The idea is people post their online username, current level, and a quick summary of how they like to spend their time in Los Santos, and then people can pick and choose like-minded gamers and send friends requests so that they'll hopefully end up in the same sessions or even invite one another over.

Anyway, I 'spose I should kick off:

PSN ID: billycasper1968

Level: 14

Activities: I tend not to spend my time killing folk (although I do if needed, and sometimes when not) and hardly ever bother chasing bounties. I prefer missions to racing, with my least favourite mission being one where you're chasing down a truck (cos I'm crap at it). I'd quite like to spend some time riding with someone as we hunt down cars from Simeon's list (sharing the profit, of course).

Things you might need to know: I panic in shootouts and am a terrible aim, especially when shooting form cars. Chances are if you want someone who will safely watch your back, I'm probably not your man. That said, I'm as fair and as straight as they come, and can be trusted never to screw you over (unless you do it to me first) :D

• Jopa1985 likes this

Jopa1985
  • Jopa1985

Stabbymagee

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:12 AM

Xbl gt: gorilla323

lvl 76

Mostly after missions and events, if with others always fare taking turns and splitting evin.
Great shooter not the best driver but there are a lot worse than me out there, lol.
Have friends that are like minded also.

Down side: I have a 2 yo that likes to skream her little head off while trying to talk to others, lol.
  • F1erceK likes this

ocktos
  • ocktos

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:54 AM Edited by ocktos, 23 October 2013 - 08:55 AM.

XBL gt: Ocktos

You're always welcome to tag along, altho my crew and I play in free aim lobbies, since there is alot more greifers in Aim- Assited lobbies.  And if a member of our group is becoming greifed we drop everything to help stop that player from greifing the lobby or player. our ranks are mixed, ranging from decent players to good. Hell we even have a 62 yr old man who tags along with is, surprizingly we've turned him into a pretty decent player

• Jopa1985 likes this

Velociraptorius
  • Velociraptorius

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:53 AM

Rank 25 here, PSN id is the same as my username here, I think. 

I'm generally a peaceful player what concerns other players. As a general rule I never shoot unless shot at. When I see a player nearby, I will generally try to approach him with no weapons drawn, but always have some cover between me and him that I can jump to if he draws on me. If he does and I do get killed, I don't go blind with vengeance (well, most of the time anyway) and will simply walk away somewhere else. If he makes an effort to pursue me, I will declare war, however. 

Still, the peaceful approach is the most fun in my experience. I don't know, maybe I'm just lucky, but I don't meet a lot of those player types who shoot anyone in the nearby vicinity. Most I've met did not fire on me if I was just walking towards them weaponless. And it has enabled for some fun adventures. Once I've met a fellow chopper biker and we went on a cross-country ride, another time a player let me into his armored and bulletproofed car, then leading us on a five star chase. Another time a player drove us to an airport where we stole a plane and attempted (unsuccessfully, I might add) to do some tricky stunts. These sorts of moments are some of the most fun in the game for me and they wouldn't be made possible if not for my passive attitude, so I stick with it.

When it comes to game modes I prefer missions, but I don't shy from races (although I need a lot of players in a race for it to truly be fun for me, I dislike races with 4 or fewer players). I almost never play deathmatch or last team standing, but I might if I get an invite. I just never host them. 

OurJud
  • OurJud

Hustler

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:05 PM

Well you all seem like decent players, but I forgot to mention I'm PSN (OP now edited), so can only add Velociraptorius for now.

Thanks for the posts so far.

AnarosaES
  • AnarosaES

Anarosa Escárcega

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:21 PM

PSN ID: AnarosaES.

Level: 61.

Activities: Lemme see, I like to race more than anything but only with people who can resist rammin' another car off the road for a laugh... I like to do hard stuff as a team too, I guess... stuff like Ron's Base Invaders on hard or something. I guess I just like to chill out with people I know, and not get shot each second of my Grand Theft Auto life.

Things you might need to know: I'm prone to randomness, I will jump out of your speeding Entity XF for no reason at all, I will hit you with a baseball bat once, just to remind you that I own one... and I more than likely will die a lot on my own, because I just suck like that... yeah, that'd be all, really... oh, and I do not own a mic, I'm too poor for that fancy sh*t.
  • OurJud likes this

MantisFang
  • MantisFang

Undead Insect

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:23 PM

I enjoy minds but I wouldn't go so far as to say I LIKE them.

Corrupt King
  • Corrupt King

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:25 PM Edited by Corrupt King, 23 October 2013 - 03:26 PM.

GT - GL Madara

Level - 999

Occupation - No Life

Hobbies - Grief

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:31 PM

http://gtaforums.com...roam-come-here/

aig1992
  • aig1992

I AM AiG

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:31 PM

Uh my psn is uhhh let me remember...oh yea aig1992 I might be full but leave me a msg n I'll get back to you when I get on :)

Well lets see I'm lv 130

Activities: f*ckin sh*t up n killing people I feel deserve to die in the lobby n I like to drive :D

Things you might need to know: I feel weird talking on the mic to people I just add lol n uhh if you kill me we not cooo nomore

x_CrazyBuns_x
  • x_CrazyBuns_x

Crazy Bunny Lady >_<"

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:34 PM

x_CrazyBuns_x is my PSN :3 I mainly play for fun and randomness but yesh it'd be a lot better to find some one who doesn't want to blindly murder everyone they see @_@  I think I'm level 56.. if that helps? xD

F1erceK
  • F1erceK

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:54 PM

Xbox: F1erceK
Level 35

I run with my crew SOGS every time I'm on, but I'm always looking for new contacts and people to roll with. No grief here, open to almost anything except death match and LTS.

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:15 PM

You are all welcome (we are mostly on PS3) to join us :)

We are friendly, mature and helpful people :)

PANDAS OF PAIN

emblem_128.png

http://socialclub.ro.../pandas_of_pain

GTA Errl Squad

emblem_128.png

http://socialclub.ro.../gta_errl_squad

Anatomical
  • Anatomical

Cranberries

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:23 PM

psn: Adrenalin325 lvl 45

im willing to help with what ever since i have everything i need in the game so im more likely to give money from missions races etc

OurJud
  • OurJud

Hustler

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:38 PM

PSN ID: AnarosaES.

Level: 61.

Activities: Lemme see, I like to race more than anything but only with people who can resist rammin' another car off the road for a laugh... I like to do hard stuff as a team too, I guess... stuff like Ron's Base Invaders on hard or something. I guess I just like to chill out with people I know, and not get shot each second of my Grand Theft Auto life.

Things you might need to know: I'm prone to randomness, I will jump out of your speeding Entity XF for no reason at all, I will hit you with a baseball bat once, just to remind you that I own one... and I more than likely will die a lot on my own, because I just suck like that... yeah, that'd be all, really... oh, and I do not own a mic, I'm too poor for that fancy sh*t.

Great bio! I don't have a mic either, for the same reason :)

Lots of people to send friends requests to here. Thanks for the responses.

umox
  • umox

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:32 PM

Hi guys lvl 30 here.
Psn id - umiy
Feel free to add me. I mainly like to do missions, races and survival with the odd parachute jump thrown in.
I'm not trigger happy but will hunt ppl down if I keep getting attacked by the same person or group.

I'm from the UK and generally play between 8pm-12pm depending on day of the week looking for more ppl to do stuff with I do have a mic but very rarely use it as it annoys the wife lol.
  • KingPancakes likes this

Eleven1181
  • Eleven1181

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:36 PM

Psn eleven1181

From uk with a mic

Level 95

Like doing mostly races and survival

If your over 18 have mic and speak English add me

mupp3tz
  • mupp3tz

Xbox 360

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:37 PM

Xbox: M U P P 3 T Z, rank 92

I spend practically all my time just doing missions with buddies, occasionally messing around in SP for a break. Don't really do races, deathmatches, or survivor. I am usually on in the afternoon/night and play Eastern time. I'm a nice kid.

:miranda:

problem_child2099
  • problem_child2099

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 12:29 AM Edited by problem_child2099, 26 October 2013 - 12:32 AM.

I'm always looking for a few chill people to play with. 

Rank 63

PSN ID: Banks_Warrior

Edit: I'm cool with playing any mode and i don't mind if you don't have a mic.

shamalpilot
  • shamalpilot

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 01:42 AM

Xbox richard2600
Lv 29
Playstyle if I'm not in a plane I'm on the golf course I'm only attacking if they have a bounty I'd rather spend my time on off roading on chillead swimming in the sea or in the clouds all fellow pilots join me

KingPancakes
  • KingPancakes

Sortve have a life outside of video games, go easy

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 05:18 AM

PSN: Kingpancakes level 19

Am on the east coast and play anywhere from 10am til about 3pm and maybe a bit in the evening. I have a bit of random free time to play as I have an 8 month old son and am a stay at home dad.

Far as play style goes, I don't randomly willy nilly go off killing people. I like to do missions and races to grind out some rp and cash and have glitched a bit here and there to get my decent apartment and 10 car garage. Would appreciate any help and likewise wouldn't mind helping people who need it if I'm online and available. Am a decent shot with free aim but like the aim assist of course.

I do have a mic but you don't need one to play with me, just hit me up with a message online with what you would like to do or need help with if you don't have one and we go from there.

Great thread OP

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users