Why are kids playing this game?

161 replies to this topic
TECHN9CiAN
  • TECHN9CiAN

American MuSScle Fan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:46 PM

I was online last weak and heard a slow and squeeky kid voice, so i asked how old he was... He was 7. He said his dad told him if he got straight A's he would get him any game he wanted. He got the straight As on his school report card and so his dad honored his offer and got the 7 year old GTA5. Im conflicted... Is this good or bad parenting?? He got the good grades and was polite and well spoken, but had no problem killing eaveryone who tried fukcing with him in free aim free mode, while running over "night workers" as he called it...

Blaherman
  • Blaherman

Thug

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:50 PM

Well if he's not swearing or carrying on then he's one of the ones who we can actually respect.

Blaherman
  • Blaherman

Thug

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:53 PM

And if his dad is giving him games in reward for getting good grades then power to that father in this world you got to work for pleasure so in the end he's getting smarter which is what the father wants and what the kid wants later in life and the end result is paying off for the kid kinda like promotions at jobs.

TECHN9CiAN
  • TECHN9CiAN

American MuSScle Fan

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:57 PM

@blaherman, thats what i thought, i mean hea not going around calling everyone a fa9 and not screaming when he gets killed... Yet. Idk, if the game doesnt feed him a bad influence, the other players will. There were a lot of other (older) players talking loads of sh!t to the kid, cursing like retards... Cant be good for the kids mental developement

sronsr
  • sronsr

3 bit Gangsta

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:59 PM

We did a mission for Lester where we had to steal a trailer from a radio station on top of a mountain, this kid joined and wasted our life(we were on Hard, obviously), he spawned again, took the truck and on the first turn drove off the cliff and wrecked it, then said that it didn't turn, he drove full speed in the rain.

if only I would've been fast enough to kick him.

Weedity
  • Weedity

The Weed Deity Don Weedity

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:00 PM

He isn't swearing because he is 7.

Give him another 7 years. 

Blaherman
  • Blaherman

Thug

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:00 PM

But the kid can be the bigger man and ignore it and not use it towards his intelligence when I was a kid I'd get paid five bucks a week for mowing the grass vacuuming the house and whatnot and I'd be able to spend it on what I wanted, in the end the mentality of earning something through working is a great feeling when I was younger I saved up 60 bucks to buy Tony hawk pro skater 2 which was the best feeling ever it took so long but it felt great to finally have it, I'd also buy pokemon cards which I still have because I took great care of them.

Blaherman
  • Blaherman

Thug

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:02 PM

In the end if someone's insulting you and you don't respond to it generally they get bored and they get the feeling of losing so it's always better to be the bigger person

pro_laps
  • pro_laps

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 03:06 PM

You can tell who the kids are here because they most likely cheat in the game and use racist and homphobic language.

And if you don't like it it's because you're "butthurt".

Not necessarily. There's plenty of 30-40 year olds who call people c*nts and fa**ots and telling you you're butthurt. But only because dickheads take the game too seriously. people complain about cheating, but how hasn't done the f*cking up down up down hold A and press Start and all the other cheats and glitches through the history of time.

I'm 25 and all of my friends are the same age or older.  I've never heard any of them using homophobic/derogatory language towards anybody.  Maybe you need to find some better friends!  Someone else mentioned "it's fantasy so we can do whatever we want".  No - it may be game, but you still have to be respectful towards other players.  If anyone read the T&Cs, you can be booted from your PSN/Xbox account for using hateful language towards people. 

The up down A B etc cheats were not glitches, those were put in the games purposely by the development teams.  Glitching for money is finding a fault in the software that R* didn't know about, or don't you think they'd have removed it from the game before launching?   The people who say "everything in the game is intended by R*" are clearly wrong - R* never intended for people to glitch just like they never intended for people to lose characters or cars or apartments or progress etc... it's in R*'s best interest that people actually PLAY the game.  Like everyone, i'm annoyed with the lack of updates from them, but you have to believe they are working to fix the remaining issues.  It's still early days yet.  I'm not one of those people who picks up a game, tries to complete it in 2 weeks and then ditches it for something else. Impatient children will have to wait.  Or go and play something that's more intended for their age range.

Why So Serious
  • Why So Serious

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 05:09 PM

Its always the British or American kids that make all of us kids look bad (well I'm 14 but you know)
A lot of the kids today are retarded but don't put the blame on all kids, I love playing with my friends online. And put the voice chat settings to crew + friends if the kids are pissing you off, that is what my friends do to not piss off the adluts.

loudanddumb
  • loudanddumb

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 05:10 PM

in reality because their parents are crap...and a waste of life 

loudanddumb
  • loudanddumb

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 05:13 PM

and one more thing how people "adults" blame this generation.. its ever generation all kids get sh*t on by adults so all kids are gonna be crap 

blame the adults not the kids... adults are suppose to teach the young not abuse them 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users