Photo

Why are kids playing this game?

161 replies to this topic
dreadluxx
  • dreadluxx

Ill do it for Mother Russia

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:22 PM Edited by dreaded_verse, 23 October 2013 - 07:23 PM.

Sure, no problem letting kids play this game.  I want my children to be exposed to drug use, prostitution, sex, and crime as early as possible.

omg not again ... Stop putting words into people's mouth, noone said that ...

How is that comment putting words into someone else's mouth?   And what is so omg about the point?  The above listed activities are in the game after all.  A game you feel is suitable for children.   I could say OMG to the same stupid arguments of 'well I played as a kid and I'm fine,' an argument which you quoted with the word 'Exactly' :/
How is that a stupid arguement? Are children supposed to be sheltered to an extreme degree? Never to see any violence or ever hear a cuss word? If thats the case please step out into the real world for a quick second. I bet youre the type of person who freaks out when someone next to you coughs and thinks that tons of hand sanitizer is the answer

It's a stupid argument because it lacks evidence.  Someone justifying something based on their own experiences and therefore using that as an excuse to encourage their own personal behavior on others is nonsense, especially when each individual human has their own life experiences who shape who they are.  You know f*** all about my life or what I've been through so save you numbskull assumptions for your kind.  Btw in case you're to lazy to scroll up it was krayzn16 who made the comment in which you were referring to. 

K so where is your evidence ?

(& im not referring to any comment except yours)

FirstLadyofGTA
  • FirstLadyofGTA

Killer in Heels

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:22 PM

Someone justifying something based on their own experiences and therefore using that as an excuse to encourage their own personal behavior on others is nonsense,

I might be wrong, as I've only read parts of this conversation--but isn't that exactly what you are doing?

Dill...no worries..

Skeloton
  • Skeloton

Living Dead Gangster

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:23 PM

Ive been running into them alot more often now. If they're polite and show some common courtesy, i leave them alone or help out. If they're foul mouthed spoiled brats screaming profanities over their mics, i kill maim and generally annoy them til they leave.

FirstLadyofGTA
  • FirstLadyofGTA

Killer in Heels

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:23 PM Edited by FirstLadyofGTA, 23 October 2013 - 07:25 PM.

Sure, no problem letting kids play this game.  I want my children to be exposed to drug use, prostitution, sex, and crime as early as possible.

How is that comment putting words into someone else's mouth?   And what is so omg about the point?  The above listed activities are in the game after all.  A game you feel is suitable for children.   I could say OMG to the same stupid arguments of 'well I played as a kid and I'm fine,' an argument which you quoted with the word 'Exactly' :/
How is that a stupid arguement? Are children supposed to be sheltered to an extreme degree? Never to see any violence or ever hear a cuss word? If thats the case please step out into the real world for a quick second. I bet youre the type of person who freaks out when someone next to you coughs and thinks that tons of hand sanitizer is the answer

It's a stupid argument because it lacks evidence.  Someone justifying something based on their own experiences and therefore using that as an excuse to encourage their own personal behavior on others is nonsense, especially when each individual human has their own life experiences who shape who they are.  You know f*** all about my life or what I've been through so save you numbskull assumptions for your kind.  Btw in case you're to lazy to scroll up it was krayzn16 who made the comment in which you were referring to. 

evidence for what?...I was quoting someone else.  I didn't make an argument...duh!

Kromix
  • Kromix

Peon

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:27 PM

lol...bullying is that your excuse for trying to put words in my mouth whilst at the same time making assumptions that someone else was doing that very thing. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL...it's okay, I'd feel silly too.

Well we were having a debate about kids and parenting, and i quoted someone wrongly. You then comes in all Gung-Ho and try to ridicule me and make it personal. I cant help but wonder if the person i quoted might be a friend of yours or just someone that you like and respect. But you can probably continue to take my words out of context and make me look ridicoulos, well bravo, but you havent contributed with your own opinion. That says it all doesnt it... so, i think my assumption are well founded ...

dreadluxx
  • dreadluxx

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:29 PM

evidence for what?...I was quoting someone else.  I didn't make an argument...duh!

You SAID: "I could say OMG to the same stupid arguments of 'well I played as a kid and I'm fine,' "

Whats stupid about that arguement ? It lacks evidence? Where's your evidence supporting that its a stupid arguement ?

obsidian_eclipse
  • obsidian_eclipse

Peon

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:30 PM

just report them via Xbox live for abusive language/behavior.. every now and again an Xbox moderator plays a game and goes down the list of suspected offenders, the kids effing and jeffing can't resist doing it and show themselves up, so the mods suspend their account or revokes communication privileges.. they do catch them out, one of my favourite pass times is reading the Xbox live forums where parents demand to know why their kids have been sanctioned or ask for gold refunds to be told it forfeit lol

FirstLadyofGTA
  • FirstLadyofGTA

Killer in Heels

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:31 PM

lol...bullying is that your excuse for trying to put words in my mouth whilst at the same time making assumptions that someone else was doing that very thing. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL...it's okay, I'd feel silly too.

Well we were having a debate about kids and parenting, and i quoted someone wrongly. You then comes in all Gung-Ho and try to ridicule me and make it personal. I cant help but wonder if the person i quoted might be a friend of yours or just someone that you like and respect. But you can probably continue to take my words out of context and make me look ridicoulos, well bravo, but you havent contributed with your own opinion. That says it all doesnt it... so, i think my assumption are well founded ...

You're the one who misquoted me...you should be apologizing to me.  Second I have contributed to this argument sooooo many times in different threads in the last month thank you very much...so your assumptions are nonsense. and if you click on my profile I don't know krayzn so.........

Anatomical
  • Anatomical

Cranberries

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:31 PM

since kids already get evry M game, there should be a thing where you can block out young players from playing with you. no idea how this would work but it would be nice not to run into them

FirstLadyofGTA
  • FirstLadyofGTA

Killer in Heels

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:36 PM

You SAID: "I could say OMG to the same stupid arguments of 'well I played as a kid and I'm fine,' "

Whats stupid about that arguement ? It lacks evidence? Where's your evidence supporting that its a stupid arguement ?

Read closely....it's called an OPINION.  I think your argument is nonsensical because it lacks evidence....simple.  Moreover I explained why that is (unless of course you want to deny human experience shapes who we are, cause that's another topic)  I'm not the one here stating things as fact...I think you need to scroll up.

Kromix
  • Kromix

Peon

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:37 PM

You're the one who misquoted me...you should be apologizing to me.  Second I have contributed to this argument sooooo many times in different threads in the last month thank you very much...so your assumptions are nonsense. and if you click on my profile I don't know krayzn so.........

Well you prove me wrong, but you cant blame me for not taking every other thread you posted in into account - im not that active on these boards. And its not about apologies. Point is i was committed to the debate you was comitted to making me look bad - i just wondered ...

ThatGr
  • ThatGr

Pimp

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:39 PM

Maybe because kids want to have fun too, when you were a teenager if you didn't have a cheeky flick through a 'lads magazine' or something like that you clearly had no life

Lysergio
  • Lysergio

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:44 PM

Kids have been playing video games forever, why would it change now?

Would you let your child play GTA?

Definitely. I played GTA as a kid and I was taught how to seperate real life and vidya games.

maybe the GTA from 10-15 years ago was a little different from the modern GTA, f*ckhead?

F*ckhead? Why insult him? You must be one of the kids they are talking about. 

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:49 PM

Maybe because kids want to have fun too, when you were a teenager if you didn't have a cheeky flick through a 'lads magazine' or something like that you clearly had no life

I thought everyone had to play/watch My Little Pony until they are 18... magically letting them to play GTA instantly.

I've been lied to all along.

FirstLadyofGTA
  • FirstLadyofGTA

Killer in Heels

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:49 PM Edited by FirstLadyofGTA, 23 October 2013 - 07:51 PM.

Well you prove me wrong, but you cant blame me for not taking every other thread you posted in into account - im not that active on these boards. And its not about apologies. Point is i was committed to the debate you was comitted to making me look bad - i just wondered ...

Oh please..you made yourself look bad and now you're trying to play the victim and turn it around on me...pathetic.  As a matter fact, I think you're 'the bully' good day.

meetreez
  • meetreez

Peon

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:51 PM Edited by meetreez, 23 October 2013 - 07:53 PM.

I wouldn't let my kids play this. While the older GTA games had drug references, prostitution, and violence. They were no where near as realistic and down-to-earth as GTA 5. Coke was called "spank", people vibrated spastically while being shot, and the car bounced while you were using hookers - nohing else. They did all of this to shelter the younger people who might be playing these games. Things have changed though, and Rockstar realized that their asses are covered by the ESRB rating, and don't give a single flying f*ck about guarding the sensibilities of our youth. All they care about is stacking ontop of their billions. I especially wouldn't let my kid play a game like this if I caught them shouting profanities over a microphone. Kids are extremely impressionable, I live across the street from a ghetto-as-f*ck apartment building and you should hear the sh*t these kids say. I wouldn't be surprised if I see them in the newpaper in a few years for robbing liquor stores and gankin' on meth.

Edit: This is coming from a guy who played violent games and watched R rated movies with his dad since he had an N64. I always said I would let my kids play violent games, but a line has to be drawn some where.

• Scary Éire likes this

Kromix
  • Kromix

Peon

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:53 PM Edited by Kromix, 23 October 2013 - 08:11 PM.

Oh please..you made yourself look bad and now you're trying to play the victim and turn it around on me...pathetic.  As a matter fact, I think you're 'the bully' good day.

well aint that a bitch ... 

Fact is youve done nothing but insult me, claiming to be this and that and all mighty without contributing with anything but profanities. How am i the bully, i havent attacked you personally at all ? i could quote some of the things you said to me, but im to lazy - but fact is if you said those things to me out in real life i would have your apologies before the end of the night i promise you that, and so would any man with respect for himself. But hey its just a game forum ... so peace out, whatever - just wish you hadnt contributed with all that negative bs when we had something interesting going ... 

dreadluxx
  • dreadluxx

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:54 PM

Read closely....it's called an OPINION.  I think your argument is nonsensical because it lacks evidence....simple.  Moreover I explained why that is (unless of course you want to deny human experience shapes who we are, cause that's another topic)  I'm not the one here stating things as fact...I think you need to scroll up.

I'm aware.. So what makes your opinion any more sensible than mines ? Where is your evidence? How is my opinion lacking evidence but yours doesnt ? Thats what im asking.

I saw way more violence and drug use growing up in SCHOOL than i saw in video games. should we not send kids to school because the possibility of seeing life changing events/violence/drug use is there ? Is it any less desensitizing seeing KIDS hauled off on stretchers from school than it is to shoot a pixelated mass shaped like a human body ?

bronysplatter
  • bronysplatter

Homie

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:57 PM

Kids have been playing video games forever, why would it change now?

Would you let your child play GTA?

Definitely. I played GTA as a kid and I was taught how to seperate real life and vidya games.

i wouldnt.

and before you call me a hyporcrite, the graphics from us growing up were sh*t.

gta 5 is practically next gen pretty in single player in some spots, and i wouldnt let my child play anything out of his rating when things look this good.

...ide also be the kind of father that, if he asks twice for a question he has a no to already, he would be grounded for a week.

but thats just me.

E1999Eternal
  • E1999Eternal

Peon

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:00 PM

I'd do everything in my power to get this game if I were a kid today.  however, I wasn't one of those ADD-riddled punks with meth-head parents, so no one ever would have heard me.  I doubt I'd even want to play online. 

meetreez
  • meetreez

Peon

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:01 PM

I'm aware.. So what makes your opinion any more sensible than mines ? Where is your evidence? How is my opinion lacking evidence but yours doesnt ? Thats what im asking.

I saw way more violence and drug use growing up in SCHOOL than i saw in video games. should we not send kids to school because the possibility of seeing life changing events/violence/drug use is there ? Is it any less desensitizing seeing KIDS hauled off on stretchers from school than it is to shoot a pixelated mass shaped like a human body ?

LOL!! I'm sure you've seen more violence in school than in video games. So I'm guessing this happened at your school all the time...

dreadluxx
  • dreadluxx

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:02 PM

Think about it, if VC & SA were remade just the way they are in HD, They'd be way more violent than GTA V.

(peoples bones crunching when being mauled by cars, chopping peoples limbs/heads off while a fountain of blood spurts out, people being chewed up by a combine harvester and spit oit as a pool of flesh and blood)

bronysplatter
  • bronysplatter

Homie

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:02 PM

I'd do everything in my power to get this game if I were a kid today.  however, I wasn't one of those ADD-riddled punks with meth-head parents, so no one ever would have heard me.  I doubt I'd even want to play online. 

~not mocking/trying to insult you~

no duh you wouldnt. as a boy youd be in the strip club all day offline XD

as a girl?if youre a girl? iono. OuO

dreadluxx
  • dreadluxx

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:06 PM

LOL!! I'm sure you've seen more violence in school than in video games. So I'm guessing this happened at your school all the time...

didnt bother clicking the vid (aint nobody got time for that lol)

Of course no one got their f*cking head chopped off..

Basically theres a line between a game and real life, At my school there were fights every day, guns constantly being passed around, kids got stomped into a coma right outside the main office, teacher went apesh*t off of drugs (had to be subdued by paramedics and the copsthat worked detail, etc etc etc.. How would sheltering a kid from a GAME stop them from seeing bad im real life ?

meetreez
  • meetreez

Peon

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:09 PM

Think about it, if VC & SA were remade just the way they are in HD, They'd be way more violent than GTA V.

(peoples bones crunching when being mauled by cars, chopping peoples limbs/heads off while a fountain of blood spurts out, people being chewed up by a combine harvester and spit oit as a pool of flesh and blood)

You're comparing this.

deadguy4vh.jpg

To this

0_0.jpg

Which would you rather expose your kids to?

meetreez
  • meetreez

Peon

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:11 PM

Basically theres a line between a game and real life, At my school there were fights every day, guns constantly being passed around, kids got stomped into a coma right outside the main office, teacher went apesh*t off of drugs (had to be subdued by paramedics and the copsthat worked detail, etc etc etc.. How would sheltering a kid from a GAME stop them from seeing bad im real life ?

I don't really care whether you clicked the vid or not. No need to state it. Nobody really cares. My point was that you're exaggerating. That's what people do when they realize that they've dug themselves into a hole.

dreadluxx
  • dreadluxx

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:17 PM

I don't really care whether you clicked the vid or not. No need to state it. Nobody really cares. My point was that you're exaggerating. That's what people do when they realize that they've dug themselves into a hole.

So you dont care about what i have to say, and expect me to care about what you have to say? Get real.

meetreez
  • meetreez

Peon

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:21 PM Edited by meetreez, 23 October 2013 - 08:37 PM.

So you dont care about what i have to say, and expect me to care about what you have to say? Get real.

Now you're putting words in my mouth. I said that I don't care if you clicked the link or not. Learn to read. Get literate.

Edit: I'm sorry. Didn't mean to get offensive.

sam1ches
  • sam1ches

1st day millionaire

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:23 PM

So if I use the "Jerk off" animation around a bunch of kids, is that considered soliciting sex with minors online?

OH Chris Hansen PLEASE NO.

yesir1
  • yesir1

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:25 PM

It's an absolute joke. I know of there existence online already but I've just been sent a raging voice message from a boy who sounds like he's barely a teenager.

I know not to take what he's saying seriously but I'm worried for this kid, what are his parents doing?

He tries to ram into me during a motorcycle race and knocks himself off the bike, then proceeds to shout insults into his mic as if he's an adult.

C'mon parents/carers, this is appalling.

I feel exactly the same. I dont even play the game when my boy is in the house nevermind letting him actually play it and I'm finding it incomprehensible that any responsible parent would.

I've been playing computer games since they were on cassette tape (over 30 years) and nothing compares to this game in terms of realism and graphical content. This game was made by adults for adults and kids have no business going anywhere near this game.

As for kids talking crap over the mic i think thats the only way they can talk that way to adults and get away with it. In the real world they wouldn't dare talk like that and if they did they wouldn't last 5 seconds. I find it the same in this forum and it is quite amusing. They tend to get very brave and vocal due to their anonimity but its so obvious they would never behave like that when talking to anyone face to face.

The work I do heavily revolves around kids and that's with all the babysitting and care stuff I do for friends and family aside. I take pride in being a good coach/teacher/carer, I feel sick when I hear some of these kids online. 

I, as an adult sometimes feels irked when playing this game. I stabbed a random pedestrian the other day and not only were the sound effects very realistic but the way the guy flopped to the ground made my stomach turn a little.

I know you can grow up perfectly "normal" even if you play games like GTA but there's still an element of risk involved. The name Anders Breivik springs to mind everytime I hear some of the youngsters laughing in lobbies

armchair psychologists

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users