Why are kids playing this game?

161 replies to this topic
B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Looks like the diversion worked!

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:58 AM

I have no problem with kids playing GTA, but going ONLINE on any game/internet with a MICROPHONE!?

AzraelX
  • AzraelX

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:58 AM

Games like gta or any 18, r rated game are seriously damaging to kids,

No.

The only things that might be damaged are their productivity and exercise, the same as any other video game. If a kid has progressed through the gradual desensitizing increase in ratings until they're enjoying M-rated games, then they're not going to be any more damaged by it than you. Probably less so, actually.

D_Marco
  • D_Marco

The Anti-Theist

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:00 AM

Time to grow up for you then and leave the video games for kids, if you get that frustrated over something like that.

What?

All I said was I'm worried for this kid as his parents seem unaware. Either that or they don't care much.

Grow up? What on earth are you on about...

buddybravo
  • buddybravo

Peon

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:28 AM

Kids have been playing video games forever, why would it change now?

Would you let your child play GTA?

Definitely. I played GTA as a kid and I was taught how to seperate real life and vidya games.

maybe the GTA from 10-15 years ago was a little different from the modern GTA, f*ckhead?

Maybe your parents should keep you off the internet if you can't resist abusing people. A little kid having fun on an online game is not as bad as the people who abuse them.

kABUSE
  • kABUSE

Peon

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:58 PM

Definitely. I played GTA as a kid and I was taught how to seperate real life and vidya games.

maybe the GTA from 10-15 years ago was a little different from the modern GTA, f*ckhead?

Maybe your parents should keep you off the internet if you can't resist abusing people. A little kid having fun on an online game is not as bad as the people who abuse them.

Yes you genius. Lets blame the people who annoy the little childs in a FSK18 game. Great idea.

Kromix
  • Kromix

Peon

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:03 PM Edited by Kromix, 23 October 2013 - 05:06 PM.

It's an absolute joke. I know of there existence online already but I've just been sent a raging voice message from a boy who sounds like he's barely a teenager.

I know not to take what he's saying seriously but I'm worried for this kid, what are his parents doing?

He tries to ram into me during a motorcycle race and knocks himself off the bike, then proceeds to shout insults into his mic as if he's an adult.

C'mon parents/carers, this is appalling.

He is playing it because you are playing it ... Its the new hot thing and you are trying to tell the kids that they can't play ... its hypocracy really ... The kids are playing it for the same reasons you are playing it ... Why is that so wrong ? Get over yourself - yeah you got older, so what ? 

edit : typo

iKevhawk
  • iKevhawk

Street Racer

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:11 PM Edited by iKevhawk, 23 October 2013 - 05:12 PM.

I think I started playing the GTA series when I was 8 or 9. Then again I got the sh*t kicked out of me all the time which kept me in line, and my GTA copies I spent my allowance on 'disappeared.' That was over a decade and some years ago.

Still mad about that.

But yeah, if a kid can't tell the difference between reality and a game they clearly didn't develop correctly according to Piaget's theory. If they're unruly and childish, that's because their parents aren't being parents. I'm a pasty white boy and even I get surprised when I see parents not keeping their children from acting up.

• Kromix likes this

Foxhunt
  • Foxhunt

Highway To Hell

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:17 PM

No matter what generation, they will always say kids were more respectable in 'their day'.

Imagine how these kids' kids will act in 20 or 30 years. Can it possibly get worse?

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:21 PM Edited by WinterEdit, 23 October 2013 - 05:22 PM.

And you think it's acceptable to have your child screaming down a headset swearing in a clear rage at another person? It couldn't get more obvious this kid has bad parents.

I too played GTA as a young boy but as soon as my parents heard or saw any of the 18+ rated stuff that would be it for me. Letting your son/daughter play this particular game online though and letting them own a mic AND allowing them curse in such fashion is stooping very low as a parent.

There's a reason why you must be 16+ to play online in the first place and atleast 18 to play gta

He never said that it was acceptable... you asked him whether he allowed his kid to play GTA, not if he allowed his kid to scream his lungs out in it/in Multiplayer.

Playing GTA =/= the kid will become like a person suffering from Tourette's or a psychopath driving over random civilians.

Although I understand parents might feel like they want to protect their kid from things shown in e.g. GTA, it will only postpone that they will learn it in real life. I'd say letting a kid play is like "If you allow that, then you allow that. If you don't allow that, then you don't allow that." I'd say you should (be allowed to) play games like GTA in the age of 15+, since I am pretty sure that when they've completed/nearing the end of their compulsory education they understand that "yeah GTA isn't real, better not act like that in real life" if they are normal.

• Kromix likes this

Kromix
  • Kromix

Peon

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:25 PM

Imagine how these kids' kids will act in 20 or 30 years. Can it possibly get worse?

Yes it can. Imagine no-one and nothing ever changed. 

Napalmbrain
  • Napalmbrain

What is Buzz?

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:26 PM Edited by Napalmbrain, 23 October 2013 - 05:26 PM.

Can't blame the kids, at all. 100% on the parents, and just look around, most of them are TERRIBLE parents.

dreadluxx
  • dreadluxx

Ill do it for Mother Russia

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:31 PM

Sick of seeing sh*t like this, my first grand theft auto was Vice City, and if i recall i was about 7 at the time.. Its not about age its about maturity.. Been playing video games forever & Im doing pretty well for myself Irl ..

Though it seems that these younger kids are kinda more spazmatic.. less respectful but thats online gaming for ya.. CoD aint a childs game either but there's loads of em playing that too. Welcome to 2013.
  • Foxhunt likes this

Kromix
  • Kromix

Peon

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:32 PM

Can't blame the kids, at all. 100% on the parents, and just look around, most of them are TERRIBLE parents.

And you base that on what ?

Oh, and sry i didnt read your book on parenting mr. napalmbrain

Kromix
  • Kromix

Peon

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:33 PM

Sick of seeing sh*t like this, my first grand theft auto was Vice City, and if i recall i was about 7 at the time.. Its not about age its about maturity.. Been playing video games forever & Im doing pretty well for myself Irl ..

Though it seems that these younger kids are kinda more spazmatic.. less respectful but thats online gaming for ya.. CoD aint a childs game either but there's loads of em playing that too. Welcome to 2013.

Exactly

krayzn16
  • krayzn16

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:32 PM

Sure, no problem letting kids play this game.  I want my children to be exposed to drug use, prostitution, sex, and crime as early as possible.

Kromix
  • Kromix

Peon

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:38 PM

Sure, no problem letting kids play this game.  I want my children to be exposed to drug use, prostitution, sex, and crime as early as possible.

omg not again ... Stop putting words into people's mouth, noone said that ...

FirstLadyofGTA
  • FirstLadyofGTA

Killer in Heels

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:51 PM Edited by FirstLadyofGTA, 23 October 2013 - 06:52 PM.

How is that comment putting words into someone else's mouth?   And what is so omg about the point?  The above listed activities are in the game after all.  A game you feel is suitable for children.   I could say OMG to the same stupid arguments of 'well I played as a kid and I'm fine,' an argument which you quoted with the word 'Exactly' :/

Kromix
  • Kromix

Peon

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:58 PM

The work I do heavily revolves around kids and that's with all the babysitting and care stuff I do for friends and family aside. I take pride in being a good coach/teacher/carer, I feel sick when I hear some of these kids online. 

I, as an adult sometimes feels irked when playing this game. I stabbed a random pedestrian the other day and not only were the sound effects very realistic but the way the guy flopped to the ground made my stomach turn a little.

I know you can grow up perfectly "normal" even if you play games like GTA but there's still an element of risk involved. The name Anders Breivik springs to mind everytime I hear some of the youngsters laughing in lobbies

Im sorry to say but you lost touch with kids on that area. The kids dont feel irked, they are so used to it and to them its just a remote controlled toon. They dont take it to heart like you obviously do, and they shouldn't - cause its obviously just another game, kids see this and wonder what all the fuss is about. And no - the terrorist you named was a little shy kid who didnt act on his natural impulses, the total opposite if the kids you are describing ...

DillBagnr
  • DillBagnr

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:59 PM

It sure was.  You didn't have people running to the internet to cry about who was playing it, calling people f*ckheads for disagreeing and all that stupid puerile bullsh*t.

dreadluxx
  • dreadluxx

Ill do it for Mother Russia

• Members
  • Russia

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:02 PM

How is that comment putting words into someone else's mouth?   And what is so omg about the point?  The above listed activities are in the game after all.  A game you feel is suitable for children.   I could say OMG to the same stupid arguments of 'well I played as a kid and I'm fine,' an argument which you quoted with the word 'Exactly' :/

How is that a stupid arguement? Are children supposed to be sheltered to an extreme degree? Never to see any violence or ever hear a cuss word? If thats the case please step out into the real world for a quick second. I bet youre the type of person who freaks out when someone next to you coughs and thinks that tons of hand sanitizer is the answer

Kromix
  • Kromix

Peon

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:04 PM

because noone said that the younger kids are exposed to sex, drugs etc the better - you said that, and only you. And ive never said that you should just throw the game to the kids and lock em in the basement with it - that goes without saying. You need to involve yourself in your kids daily activities and make sure he knows how you, the parent, feels about the things he experience. But censoring the kids is just a bad way to go about it, and should always be a last resort. 

FirstLadyofGTA
  • FirstLadyofGTA

Killer in Heels

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:07 PM

It sure was.  You didn't have people running to the internet to cry about who was playing it, calling people f*ckheads for disagreeing and all that stupid puerile bullsh*t.

Could you GTA online 10-15 years ago?  Because if you couldn't then maybe that's why people 'running to the internet to cry' is a new phenomena.

FirstLadyofGTA
  • FirstLadyofGTA

Killer in Heels

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:08 PM Edited by FirstLadyofGTA, 23 October 2013 - 07:16 PM.

because noone said that the younger kids are exposed to sex, drugs etc the better - you said that, and only you. And ive never said that you should just throw the game to the kids and lock em in the basement with it - that goes without saying. You need to involve yourself in your kids daily activities and make sure he knows how you, the parent, feels about the things he experience. But censoring the kids is just a bad way to go about it, and should always be a last resort. 

HOLY COW CAN YOU READ?  I didn't make that comment nimrod.

• Scary Éire likes this

DillBagnr
  • DillBagnr

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:11 PM

Could you GTA online 10-15 years ago?  Because if you couldn't then maybe that's why people 'running to the internet to cry' is a new phenomena.

Yes, crying on the internet about things is definitely a phenomenon of the last decade.  I don't think you quite understand what I was trying to get across, though.

die231
  • die231

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:13 PM Edited by die231, 23 October 2013 - 07:14 PM.

Fun story: I was doing some free roaming and was bored out of my mind, so I decided to parachute into zancudo and get a jet (surprisingly, it's ridiculously easy compared to single player).

So I have the jet, I start flying low just for show and this kid is like: ZOMGJETIMAGETONE, I stalk the kid and watch from a distance as she tries and fails repeatedly, after some 30 minutes she finally manages to get one and escape from the sam's, she's super happy on the mic.

10 seconds later I shoot her down, she began to cry. :/

FirstLadyofGTA
  • FirstLadyofGTA

Killer in Heels

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:13 PM Edited by FirstLadyofGTA, 23 October 2013 - 07:16 PM.

How is that a stupid arguement? Are children supposed to be sheltered to an extreme degree? Never to see any violence or ever hear a cuss word? If thats the case please step out into the real world for a quick second. I bet youre the type of person who freaks out when someone next to you coughs and thinks that tons of hand sanitizer is the answer

It's a stupid argument because it lacks evidence.  Someone justifying something based on their own experiences and therefore using that as an excuse to encourage their own personal behavior on others is nonsense, especially when each individual human has their own life experiences who shape who they are.  You know f*** all about my life or what I've been through so save you numbskull assumptions for your kind.  Btw in case you're to lazy to scroll up it was krayzn16 who made the comment in which you were referring to. 

FirstLadyofGTA
  • FirstLadyofGTA

Killer in Heels

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:15 PM

Yes, crying on the internet about things is definitely a phenomenon of the last decade.  I don't think you quite understand what I was trying to get across, though.

sarcasm alludes you huh?

DillBagnr
  • DillBagnr

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:15 PM

Someone justifying something based on their own experiences and therefore using that as an excuse to encourage their own personal behavior on others is nonsense,

I might be wrong, as I've only read parts of this conversation--but isn't that exactly what you are doing?

Kromix
  • Kromix

Peon

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:18 PM Edited by Kromix, 23 October 2013 - 07:19 PM.

It's a stupid argument because it lacks evidence.  Someone justifying something based on their own experiences and therefore using that as an excuse to encourage their own personal behavior on others is nonsense, especially when each individual human has their own life experiences who shape who they are.  You know f*** all about my life or what I've been through so save you numbskull assumptions for your kind.  Btw in case you're to lazy to scroll up it was krayzn16 who made the comment in which you were referring to. 

well excuse me superior one, and i deeply apologise for quoting krazyn wrongly - it wasnt my intention to smear his good name ...

edit: so much ego in so few words, i must really have upset you or are you just bullying me on someone else behalf ?

FirstLadyofGTA
  • FirstLadyofGTA

Killer in Heels

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:21 PM

well excuse me superior one, and i deeply apologise for quoting krazyn wrongly - it wasnt my intention to smear his good name ...

edit: so much ego in so few words, i must really have upset you or are you just bullying me on someone else behalf ?

lol...bullying is that your excuse for trying to put words in my mouth whilst at the same time making assumptions that someone else was doing that very thing. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL...it's okay, I'd feel silly too.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users