Quantcast

» «
Photo

What was your opinion on "Episodes from Liberty City"?

32 replies to this topic
LyricsMode
  • LyricsMode

Winter Hill MC

• Members

Posted 24 November 2013 - 04:26 PM

TLAD was great story wise, but added little multiplayer that anybody really wanted or needed.

While TBOGT was great multiplayer wise, but some of the missions felt like filler, imo. 

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

What exactly are we doing?

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 24 November 2013 - 05:16 PM

TBOGT was better multiplayer wise than TLAD? You've got to be kidding.

TLAD multiplayer was even better than standard IV multiplayer. It made getting into deathmatches a lot easier via Instant Play, with a decent map rotation and most weapons allowed (auto shotgun being only flaw). Races got much better, having a lot better tracks and baseball bats for bikes. Lone Wolf Biker and Chopper VS Chopper competitive modes that are really fun, a somewhat repetitive but still good coop Club Business mode. What does TBOGT have? A CODified deathmatch mode and ridiculous race mode, with a f*cked up Free Mode?

namor
  • namor

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 03 December 2013 - 01:11 AM

I loved idea of Episodes where there is two bigger DLC instead of many little ones. Both of them bring some great improvements. In my opinion Tlad has more interesting story and Tbogt was made to fit in all the free roam features like Buzzard, parachute and some new cool vehicles. Those features wouldn't have fit in Tlad. I kinda also liked Tbogt story but Tlad and original IV was far more interesting. In my opinion Rockstar did DLC for IV pretty nicely and I fear that V will got too many little DLC's.

These are my feelings about IV and Episodes as well. I doubt if I could express myself any better than Katve. It's the reason I shall always play IV - it's permanent, solid and buries itself within the core of your being, unlike V which is no more than a transient and fleeting temporary fix. I finished V and I thought to myself "So that's it? Is there anything else?". IV and the episodes are a complete entity, there was nothing missing. The love that went into making the game must have been intense. Every time I start IV and Eps up I have a big grin on my face, a tear in my eye and a wave of serenity passes over me. The only other time a game has affected me this way is Red Dead Redemption.

• SonOfLiberty likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users