Photo

Anyone want to play Ticket to Ride?

10 replies to this topic
theadmiral
  • theadmiral

Founder And Opening Batsman: Vinewood Cricket Club

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:47 AM Edited by theadmiral, 23 October 2013 - 01:21 AM.

If you have it, you already know what I mean! If you do not, it is a great board game that you should check out on Steam if you are into that sort of thing.

Ticket-to-Ride-Steam-Screen.png

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:32 AM

uhhhhhhhhhm, board gaming, huh? Maybe better off creating a catch all boardgame topic? Whatta you guys think?

Tell me more about this game, admiral. Before the thread gets locked. ;)

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:34 AM

uhhhhhhhhhm, board gaming, huh? Maybe better off creating a catch all boardgame topic? Whatta you guys think?

Tell me more about this game, admiral. Before the thread gets locked. ;)

Why would you lock it? It's a game on Steam where you can play with up to 4 players and you draw cards to compete for railroad routes from city to city , like in the screenshot above, and at the end you are ranked on the points you accrue from securing routes and the manner in which you do it. It is a computer game for PC based off a popular board game.

Tell me more about what you want to know?

There is a USA map, Europe map, Asia map, Switzerland map. I showed the Europe one above, here is the US one.

Ticket_to_ride.png

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:36 AM

Ah, gotcha. I dunno, share some more details. Sell me on this puppy. :p

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:39 AM Edited by theadmiral, 23 October 2013 - 01:41 AM.

Well, check out the US screenshot. You pick from "tickets" at the beginning, IE: Los Angeles to Salt Lake City (check above map) and then to claim a route you need the amount of coloured cards in your inventory that are required. If you check the US Map, LA to Las Vegas is 2 gray squares. That means 2 of any coloured card will work. If you look at Las Vegas to Salt lake, its  3 Orange, so you will need 3 orange cards.

You can draw 2 cards per turn , or one wild card, from the interface on the right, or claim one route per turn. Wildcards count as any colour. The game is very cheap.

The game ends after you play a certain amount of cards and then points are tallied up and someone wins.

Your "card inventory" is at the bottom.

A game is probably 15 minutes.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:45 AM

I feel like suuuuuuch a cheapskate for saying this, but it's ten bucks?!?!?!?! Holy schnikies that's steep for casual. It does sound fun, though.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:49 AM Edited by theadmiral, 23 October 2013 - 01:50 AM.

It's 10 bucks for the game and USA map and then the other maps are about 2 dollars each.

I was gifted the game and all the DLCs except the Asian map by a friend, everyone wants more people to play with.

There is online match making services too with lobbies to find players, and you don't have to worry about A-holes or jerks playing this, they cant be bothered with this type of game.

It has a tutorial and videos to show you how to play, you can pick it up in 10 minutes.

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Zaibatsu
  • Japan

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:59 PM

It's a damn fun game. 10 bucks is dirt cheap compared to the real board game, which is about 50 bucks per map

theadmiral, I'll pm you my steam name, I really want to play this online.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:50 PM

It's a damn fun game. 10 bucks is dirt cheap compared to the real board game, which is about 50 bucks per map

theadmiral, I'll pm you my steam name, I really want to play this online.

OK. There is a group of us who play sometimes too in the evenings USA time so I can maybe get you in on some of those if you are around.

I'll be playing tonight (about 7 hours from now) for sure.

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:18 PM

We can also play Ticket to Ride in the verdant valleys of Switzerland!!! European map has cool new mechanics like train stations, which allows you to use other players established routes, and the Swiss map adds country connections that add a fairly interesting tactical element since there are many more ways to go about forming a connection from country to country.

swiss.jpg

theadmiral
  • theadmiral

• The Precinct
  • Trinidad-and-Tobago

Posted 19 January 2014 - 02:24 AM

Bump! Does anyone here play this?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users