GTA V isn't as good as they said it would be

108 replies to this topic
redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 26 October 2013 - 05:46 AM

As someone who played through SA & V completely I can guarantee you V is BY FAR bigger than SA and surely the size of RDR, IV and SA together... RDR was not that big considering you mostly just walked or you were riding a horse...

I'm sorry but I disagree. Playing RDR, the map feels massive. I won't deny that GTA V's map is bigger, but it certainly does NOT feel like that and other R* maps combined.

Yes, the map feels massive. That's because you're on a horse, not a sports car.

No, it looks massive from the distance when you're on foot. Fail.

Cool. And half the time, you're looking at places that are out of bounds from the map. That's what makes it look bigger than it really is

The Mountains make GTA V feel bigger. Truth be told get rid of all the mountains besides Mount Chill and the map would be small. 

mariana_dm1989
  • mariana_dm1989

Mari

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 06:48 AM Edited by mariana_dm1989, 26 October 2013 - 06:50 AM.

In my opinion, GTA 5 is the best GTA game to date. I think R* did deliver, but could have done better in certain aspects of the game- e.g some cars handle real nice, while others handle like a turd on wheels. Secondly, there could be major improvements to the map, like add more foresty areas( surely they could have sacrificed one mountain by leaving it out and giving us a huge forest to play in. Lastly,police overspawning is an issue that needs to be fixed. I just hate having cops spawn out of nowhere left, right, centre, north, north east, e.t.c, you get the point. It should be a realistic spawn number, considering that police are now smart and can take you down easily.

Soadisthebest
  • Soadisthebest

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 06:52 AM

As someone who played through SA & V completely I can guarantee you V is BY FAR bigger than SA and surely the size of RDR, IV and SA together... RDR was not that big considering you mostly just walked or you were riding a horse...

I'm sorry but I disagree. Playing RDR, the map feels massive. I won't deny that GTA V's map is bigger, but it certainly does NOT feel like that and other R* maps combined.

Cool. And half the time, you're looking at places that are out of bounds from the map. That's what makes it look bigger than it really is

The Mountains make GTA V feel bigger. Truth be told get rid of all the mountains besides Mount Chill and the map would be small. 

No it wouldn't. That's not how square mileage works.

Verdant
  • Verdant

Rasta Blasta!

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:18 AM

Los Santos looked absolutely huge at night in my opinion, especially on the 

Spoiler
. I really enjoyed this game, the story-line was great I just really wanted it to go more longer, heist wise.

TheFlyingAngel
  • TheFlyingAngel

Prankster

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:00 AM

GTA 5 sucks, unbalanced online (tanks etc) and stupid wanted system.. sometimes i wish dan houser was on my face so i can f*ck up hes face

• Stockton209What likes this

RockstarFanboy
  • RockstarFanboy

GTA #2 FANBOY / Loyal R* Soldier

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:36 AM

take out the moutains and map would be small... 

Somebody+call+the+sWAT+team+someone+just

have you even seen the amount of roads in this game, I overpassed the 100 hour mark and am still discovering new stuff

mariana_dm1989
  • mariana_dm1989

Mari

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:10 AM

I'm still grieving over the tiny forest they gave us, which has the freeway just 50/100 meters away at any point in the forest. Major fail. Whatever happened to that feeling of being lonely in the wilderness? San andreas on ps2 got it right.
  • TJGM likes this

hhamzah99
  • hhamzah99

Call me.. Heisenberg.

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:12 AM

V feels small because you have super cars...

vinamas
  • vinamas

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:43 AM

Yes its not as good as they told us for those that think that the map is big and interesting no itd not its a city a mountain a beach and a huuuuuuuge desert

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 October 2013 - 01:52 PM

Did...did you really just say that?

Come on redx, that's really, really f*cking stupid, even for you :panic:

MindCorrupt
  • MindCorrupt

iCorrupt

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 26 October 2013 - 02:14 PM

This thread will go nowhere... 
OP should have thought before he added yet another useless topic to the forums

The topic poster was born in 2001 if that gives any indication why were getting such an influx of useless threads.

Osho
  • Osho

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 October 2013 - 02:16 PM Edited by Sol86star, 26 October 2013 - 02:19 PM.

GTA V is a huge disappointment

A G A I N ...
Such Players must also quit GTAF and come back when 6 arrived

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 October 2013 - 02:34 PM

What are you even trying to say? That RDR's map isn't even big? Going to the highest point in Tall Trees lets you see the playable area go on for miles. GTA V's map may be bigger, but RDR's map is probably at least more than half the size.

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 October 2013 - 03:38 PM Edited by TheMasterfocker, 26 October 2013 - 03:38 PM.

What are you even trying to say? That RDR's map isn't even big? Going to the highest point in Tall Trees lets you see the playable area go on for miles. GTA V's map may be bigger, but RDR's map is probably at least more than half the size.

I'm saying it's not as big as people think it is. Yes, you can see the playable map for miles. But you'd be able to go those miles in like 3 minutes if you had a car. What makes it feel massive is knowing that it's gonna take a long time to get to the other end, and that's because you have horses, not cars.

RDR is bigger than SA and 4 (At least I think so), but people, just like with SA, like to exaggerate its size.

• xXGst0395Xx likes this

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 October 2013 - 03:45 PM Edited by xXGst0395Xx, 26 October 2013 - 03:48 PM.

I'm saying it's not as big as people think it is. Yes, you can see the playable map for miles. But you'd be able to go those miles in like 3 minutes if you had a car. What makes it feel massive is knowing that it's gonna take a long time to get to the other end, and that's because you have horses, not cars.

RDR is bigger than SA and 4 (At least I think so), but people, just like with SA, like to exaggerate its size.

Maybe so. I wasn't meaning to exaggerate the size, just said how it feels huge. I can understand your point though. I will say it took me at least 10 minutes to get from one side to the other on a horse (following roads and such). A sports car would obviously change that.

SA's map is definitely exaggerated. It may feel big with the countryside and desert between cities, but removing the draw distance tells a different story.

Synethste
  • Synethste

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:02 PM

Booo hooo hooo The map feels Smaller! Smaller!! Boo Hoo Hooooooo. For f*cks sake people, Go program your own god damn city!! Oh wait... you don't know how. 

Wheatley
  • Wheatley

I'm living in High Pressure Days.

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:10 PM

San Andreas feels bigger than GTA V's map because of the draw distance. Back when I was playing the game on PS2 the map felt huge when you travelled to San Fierro along the coastline at the south. Then, I got the PC version with 4x draw distance tweaks and you can see San Fierro/Mount Chilliad from the top of the Los Santos Bank Tower. 

To be honest, bigger doesn't mean better. Take for example Just Cause 2, the map is definitely huge. But how much area are you going to cover throughout the entire game? Most of the time you'll just cruise right over pre-generated land in a plane, missing out little details. 

With GTA Vs map on the other hand you have so much detail packed into this world that Rockstar have created by hand. Just Cause 2's cities felt really empty, almost like a movie set. While Los Santos has an amazing attention to detail, even as going as far as including bin days where people put their rubbish bins out on the street on Thursdays for collection. It's so insignificant but it really boasts the "living, breathing world" that Rockstar keep pushing for. 

TheMasterfocker
  • TheMasterfocker

Public Enemy #1

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:35 PM

Maybe so. I wasn't meaning to exaggerate the size, just said how it feels huge. I can understand your point though. I will say it took me at least 10 minutes to get from one side to the other on a horse (following roads and such). A sports car would obviously change that.

SA's map is definitely exaggerated. It may feel big with the countryside and desert between cities, but removing the draw distance tells a different story.

Yeah, I know what you mean too. It's just too bad horses don't go 200 mph  :lol: 

Smackcat
  • Smackcat

Never Quit!

• Members

Posted 27 October 2013 - 10:51 AM

GTA V is a huge disappointment.

wtf.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users