Photo

Crate drops = no drop?

8 replies to this topic
slappyJ
  • slappyJ

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:09 AM

What's up with crate drops?...you get the message saying a crate is going to be dropped...you look on your map and see a big green circle where the drop is going to occur...you race to the drop zone but rarely does any crate drop.

wtf?

Ethereal_NYC
  • Ethereal_NYC

Hustler

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:23 AM

must be a glitch. this has never happened to me.

i actually have never gotten there fast enough to watch the crate drop. not sure if you can.

what i do know is if you get to the crate very fast then you wont have any enemies to contend with,

DMC14
  • DMC14

Tiger Force 1

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:25 AM

i've seen it happen a couple of times. its a good indication there is something wrong with that server, so find a new one.

unklepepper
  • unklepepper

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:28 AM

This happened to me once. Sat waiting for about 10 minutes for the crate to drop after the "Crate drop Inbound" message popped up. Nothing came. It was for a special crate drop too. I was so sad.

Scumbaggah
  • Scumbaggah

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:35 AM

Yeah i sat there for like 5 mins in the green circle then 2 randoms came and we killed each other for about 30 mins waiting and nothing dropped. We all just got bored and went our ways empty handed. I have had a message pop up "special package drop in 10 hours", Did a mission and it popped up "special package drop in 3 hours". I never got to see what that actually was so maybe it is in relation to the green circle.

yakprince
  • yakprince

Doughboy

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:38 AM

Had it happen twice, but only in public servers. Each time it only has happened for the special crate drop, has worked just fine for me in a invite only session though.

Lagful
  • Lagful

Certified Fresh

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:39 AM

Never even seen these crate drops before. Armored Trucks constantly spawn in my lobbies though.

JubeiDOK
  • JubeiDOK

Westsiiiide!

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:40 AM

It think it occurs if you put a marker in the zone or go in the zone before the crate is dropped. Have not 100% confirmed this yet though.

LeAristocrat
  • LeAristocrat

Leader of the LeAristocrats

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:47 AM Edited by LeAristocrat, 23 October 2013 - 12:48 AM.

No, when you go to the green circle you freeze the drop (similar to how your mechanic doesn't show up if you're looking but all of a sudden pops up when you turn the other way).

The best way to get crates, is only go near the drop point when the crate actually drops. That means wait for the message that says "A crate has been dropped."

This should work for you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users