Quantcast

» «
Photo

Official Remove Bad Sport Poll

24 replies to this topic

Poll: Should R* remove or tweak bad sports? (99 member(s) have cast votes)

Should R* remove or tweak bad sports?

1. Remove it entirely (32 votes [32.32%])

Percentage of vote: 32.32%

2. Keep it as it is - No changes (28 votes [28.28%])

Percentage of vote: 28.28%

3. Keep it - But make changes (post opinions below) (39 votes [39.39%])

Percentage of vote: 39.39%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

We need to keep you safe Clementine...

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:09 PM Edited by GTA4 Niko Bellic, 22 October 2013 - 11:36 PM.

I'm trying to start a poll, so I can send to R* on bad sports.

Here is my story,

------------------------------------------

I just got into a free roam lobby. I was in passive mode, not starting trouble, just modding my vehicle. Then this one guy starts chasing me (not firing shots), because I didn't want to die from a griefer, I decided "Hey, let me jump out of my vehicle and see what this guy is going to do"...So I got out (in passive mode where I can not die unless cashed), and then moved away from my vehicle. Well....No shots fired, and I heard a honk. Maybe he's a friendly. Let me get into his car, maybe then I'm safe ------ BOOM. I turn around, and see my car is exploded and the guy rushes off. Then a message going "ME22***ca, has destroyed your personal vehicle and will pay the insurance".

Well. This is Grand Theft Auto. And this being Grand Theft Auto, I want some payback. I call Mercenaries on him, while I call the insurance (which oddly enough, I ended up paying for which was $812). Anyway long story short, I ended up in a chase with him. I didn't want to get bad sport (because I've been there before...http://gtaforums.com...entry1063696338), so I decided let me use my Uzi on him instead. I managed to blow up 2 of his tires and kept shooting through the back window. When suddenly --- an explosion. He blew up, and I received a bad sport for it. I'm still unsure if he threw a grenade out his window (trying to kill me, but accidently killing himself), or if it was my Uzi that did it. I just know that when he blew up, he was stuck between the street and the lamp-post, trying to quickly get out.

------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, that's my story. Whether or not it was justified a bad sports, I don't care. What I do know, is that the system is messed up, and Rockstar should take some time to fix this, because this is not the Sims. People will have rivalries, people will make friends, while others will hate each others guts. In the end of the day, I still had fun with the guy, and wish I had his entire name so I could add him. But the bad sports at the moment is just wrong.

Here's what I believe.

I believe it should either be A.) removed completely. Or B.) only give bad sports to people that kill Passive Mode players. Personally I'd choose b. If the person is in Passive Mode, he obviously does not want contact with people. If I crash him to death - I get no offense. Where-as, I could attack someone that's not in passive mode - and by blowing up their personal car (which I pay for), I get a strike against my account.

------------------------------------------------------------

What are your opinions, please post it here, and PLEASE vote. Do you want Bad Sports to stay? Why or why not?

If you want Bad sports to stay - Please explain why

If you want Bad sports to leave or be tweaked - Please explain why/Or what Rockstar could do better.

Please keep this thread friendly as I genuinely want people's opinions and want to send this to Rockstar (as I want their opinion as-well). 

• madhojo likes this

R.R
  • R.R

Soldier

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:21 PM

That poll is retarded.

Everyone knows bad sport needs tweaking - but I doubt the same people who want it tweaked would want it removed altogether.

If you can't do a poll properly, don't do one man.

Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:27 PM

That poll is retarded.

Everyone knows bad sport needs tweaking - but I doubt the same people who want it tweaked would want it removed altogether.

In the end of the day, it boils down to a yes or a no. 2 options is enough. Either remove/tweak or stay. I want feedback and opinions, and by your post, it makes you look like you don't have one.

R.R
  • R.R

Soldier

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:29 PM

That poll is retarded.

In the end of the day, it boils down to a yes or a no. 2 options is enough. Either remove/tweak or stay. I want feedback and opinions, and by your post, it makes you look like you don't have one.

If you just want opinions, then get rid of the poll. Two options is not enough when you're giving three answers to the question.

It's pretty simple maths mate, not sure what they taught you in Soviet Russia, but in the civilised world, 3 =/= 2.

Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:35 PM

If you just want opinions, then get rid of the poll. Two options is not enough when you're giving three answers to the question.

It's pretty simple maths mate, not sure what they taught you in Soviet Russia, but in the civilised world, 3 =/= 2.

I've made changes to the poll  :^:

R.R
  • R.R

Soldier

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:45 PM

Cheers mate :)

I'm of the opinion that bad sport should be tweaked.

Have it for multiple kills of a single player by another player in free roam where no 1v1 DM has been accepted by either player.

Have it for when someone who destroys a personal vehicle can't pay insurance.

Keep it for leaving missions early - just tweak it so that it's only for leaving missions early, not disconnects/kicks.

I'd even consider having it for replaying the same race a certain number of times in a row - say 3 or 5 maybe.

With this, i'd also add a FFA game mode, which is accessible the same way other game modes are, costs $1000 to enter, but allows you to play without fear of a bad sport rating, but also without the ability to level up or earn cash. This way, if you want to go f*ck sh*t up, you can do it without fear of being reprimanded for it, and you have your own game mode where what you do doesn't effect anybody who doesn't want to be there, and it can't be exploited to level up/gain cash too quickly.

• Lee Everett likes this

Silverbolt Wolf
  • Silverbolt Wolf

the resident furry

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:48 PM

Keep it as is. There is nothing wrong with it

Scumbaggah
  • Scumbaggah

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:51 PM

It's fine as is, You won't get put in a bad sport lobby from accidentally or even puposely blowing up 1 or 2 cars. It's when you act like a dickhead repeatedly blowing up cars in a short space of time, Which is the way it should be.

tradami
  • tradami

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:55 PM

You don't get bad sport for blowing up one personal vehicle. The people that try and claim you do are just wrong.  I've blown up 5 personal vehicles within a 24 hour period and I've not gotten bad sport. 

I believe there is a ratio and doing missions helps that ratio in your favor. If you do nothing but free roam it's my theory that you're more prone to becoming a bad sport.

Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:10 AM

Cheers mate :)

I'm of the opinion that bad sport should be tweaked.

Have it for multiple kills of a single player by another player in free roam where no 1v1 DM has been accepted by either player.

Have it for when someone who destroys a personal vehicle can't pay insurance.

Keep it for leaving missions early - just tweak it so that it's only for leaving missions early, not disconnects/kicks.

I'd even consider having it for replaying the same race a certain number of times in a row - say 3 or 5 maybe.

With this, i'd also add a FFA game mode, which is accessible the same way other game modes are, costs $1000 to enter, but allows you to play without fear of a bad sport rating, but also without the ability to level up or earn cash. This way, if you want to go f*ck sh*t up, you can do it without fear of being reprimanded for it, and you have your own game mode where what you do doesn't effect anybody who doesn't want to be there, and it can't be exploited to level up/gain cash too quickly.

Very well said :)

scrublord
  • scrublord

Certified Fresh

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2013 - 02:20 AM

It's fine as is, You won't get put in a bad sport lobby from accidentally or even puposely blowing up 1 or 2 cars. It's when you act like a dickhead repeatedly blowing up cars in a short space of time, Which is the way it should be.

Except it doesn't work like that. You obviously haven't been f*cked over by this broken system yet like Me and many other players have.

Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:05 PM

Except it doesn't work like that. You obviously haven't been f*cked over by this broken system yet like Me and many other players have.

How've you been f*cked over by the system? (Just wanting to hear some people's stories on how the system worked/didn't work)

I'll be your sinner in secret.

• Zaibatsu
  • Canada

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:08 PM

lolwut? 

It's perfect. It's something I wish they would have thought of way back when in 2008 for IV Multiplayer. Don't like it, then don't act like a goof. 

oldak
  • oldak

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:11 PM Edited by oldak, 23 October 2013 - 09:15 PM.

So over 60% want to keep bad sport on the "Official Remove Bad Sport Poll". I voted to keep and modify. Players who kill people in passive mode should be made bad sports too.

namenotneeded2
  • namenotneeded2

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:13 PM

Keep it, but make changes. It needs to be there for those who only play to annoy others.

Valdorien
  • Valdorien

We weren't ready!

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:13 PM

Do anyone here remember GTA 4 mp?

This is the reason why Bad sport should STAY FOREVER WITHOUT ANY DOUBT.

M0B5TA
  • M0B5TA

#swag yolo lolz

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:15 PM

this is grand theft auto.. who buys this game to act like a civilized human being in it?

kWkarl
  • kWkarl

Need More Brawndo

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:17 PM

The only problem I see is when you blow up users cars.

Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:52 AM

Could you go a bit into detail? What happened in GTA4 MP?

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:56 AM

Could you go a bit into detail? What happened in GTA4 MP?

Kids would drive up and down the runway at the airport in the sultan rs and cry when they got killed

abfirstr8
  • abfirstr8

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 02:01 AM

Keep it but fix passive mode so that maybe when youre in passive mode your vehicle can't be blown up or something along those lines 

Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:06 PM

Kids would drive up and down the runway at the airport in the sultan rs and cry when they got killed

But couldn't you say that's been fixed with the addition of insurance

metsfan89
  • metsfan89

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:09 PM Edited by gta2011, 24 October 2013 - 08:10 PM.

I sure do. It was a place where you didn't have to earn money and level up to get weapons. It was a place where you could have intense 1 on 1 battles with someone without being penalized. It was a place where dog fights in helicopters were one of the best features of the game. It was a place where you could choose if you wanted to have cops in the game or not.

In other words... it was a FREE MODE where you could do whatever you pleased.

In GTA 5 none of that exists. Its a shame GTA 5 didn't keep what it had in GTA 4

TheLegendofRyan
  • TheLegendofRyan

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:13 PM

IMO, it's been hard so far to even attain bad sport. I blew up 10 personal cars within a 30 minute time window. My guess is that you have really want it maybe. That's just my side of it so far.

Stringfellow69
  • Stringfellow69

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 11:47 PM

My 2 cents....  

I think they should keep the bad sport system but let people decide if they want to take the ding for the bad sport or pay a fine..  

The fine should raise each time.. 1st offence 1,000, 2nd offence 2,000 3rd 4,000. and so on double it each time..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users