Irritated With Buzzard & Lazar Fighter Jet Aiming

12 replies to this topic
AiraCobra
  • AiraCobra

ĦĦooɥS ooɥS ǝıqooɥS

• Members
  • Red-Cross

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:51 PM

Am I the only one who is getting irritated with the Aiming on the Buzzard & Fighter Jet to where it'll only aim itself at Law Enforcement?

This game is suppose to be realism and in real life Attack Helicopters & Fighter Jets can aim at whatever they want so why can't we?

Trying to shoot cars on the highway you come close to crashing and 3/4 of the time your bullets and rockets don't even land close to where your aiming.

Wish they'd fix this or give us a DLC to where we can buy Heat Seeking Rockets or something.

Chris223
  • Chris223

The Simple Gamer

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:52 PM

Because this isn't a military fighter jet sim?  Maybe that's why?

• Grand Cannon likes this

AiraCobra
  • AiraCobra

ĦĦooɥS ooɥS ǝıqooɥS

• Members
  • Red-Cross

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:00 PM Edited by AiraCobra, 22 October 2013 - 11:05 PM.

Because this isn't a military fighter jet sim?  Maybe that's why?

Then why does it target Law Enforcement & Military Cars & Planes?

tenpennyisplainevil
  • tenpennyisplainevil

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:30 PM

IRL Jets can't lock onto ground vehicles without infantry tagging it and locking onto aircraft takes way longer than it does in V. Also, the Buzzard wouldn't have guided missiles at all.

Since the jet can lock onto all aircraft you should consider the rest a nice extra

• Grand Cannon likes this

Grand Cannon
  • Grand Cannon

Everywhere and Nowhere

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:31 AM

Am I the only one who is getting irritated with the Aiming on the Buzzard & Fighter Jet to where it'll only aim itself at Law Enforcement?

This game is suppose to be realism and in real life Attack Helicopters & Fighter Jets can aim at whatever they want so why can't we?

Trying to shoot cars on the highway you come close to crashing and 3/4 of the time your bullets and rockets don't even land close to where your aiming.

Wish they'd fix this or give us a DLC to where we can buy Heat Seeking Rockets or something.

This game is suppose to be realism and in real life
This game is suppose to be realism

Let me stop you right there.

DrDetroit
  • DrDetroit

The Center of the Universe.

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:51 AM Edited by DrDetroit, 23 October 2013 - 01:11 AM.

IRL Jets can't lock onto ground vehicles without infantry tagging it and locking onto aircraft takes way longer than it does in V. Also, the Buzzard wouldn't have guided missiles at all.

Since the jet can lock onto all aircraft you should consider the rest a nice extra

Not true.  Most modern attack aircraft have the "look down" capability for Air-to-Ground attack roles (AG).  F-16s, F-15s, F-18s, F-22 (presumably), Viggens, Mirage, Mig-29s, SU-27s, ect, all have AG radar and are able to lock onto and kill stationary and mobile ground targets with radar guided munitions.

The Apache attack helicopters certainly can spot and attack ground targets with it's on-board laser and radar designators all day long.

Only laser guided munitions need to be tagged by ground spotters when there is a call for a specific targets that may be too hard to pickout of the ground clutter or if target is close to friendly ground forces (CAP).  

With that said, this is not really a military flight simulator, so the targeting is very very basic, as are the flight models and basic flight characteristics.  Again, not a flight sim, so not a big deal.  If it were a flight sim (military or civilian), I'd be pissed and would want my money back.

Good day,

DrDetroit

TheAzn
  • TheAzn

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:43 AM

... I think the most reasonable thing to do is give us players the ability to turn off auto-aim.

Sometimes me and someone else will be in separate choppers/ jets. I don't want to shoot him down but my missiles lock on. And can't even switch to lock onto a different target.

truffleshuffle03
  • truffleshuffle03

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:56 PM Edited by truffleshuffle03, 23 October 2013 - 03:57 PM.

I am glad about not having lock on with the jets and choppies.  It keeps it from being op against other players and they have a chance to actually get away from them. It would not be to much fun for anyone the other way around

Resin Glazed Donut
  • Resin Glazed Donut

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:36 PM

Yeah as hard as it can be to get in range with the cannon and not fly into the ground or a telephone pole this is a good way of keeping the jets which only have 1 or 2 counters in the game from being completely overpowered.

Tanks on the other hand...

eXoSTINGNETTLE
  • eXoSTINGNETTLE

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 06:49 PM

Actually yes the buzzard "Could have guided missiles" so that means its possible. So that mean its in the game.

x0v3rKiLx
  • x0v3rKiLx

You Wanna Buy Some Death Sticks?

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:58 PM

Considering the fact that the Little Bird in TBOGT only had ballistic rockets, I think it's funny you'd complain about the selective nature of the GTA V version's guided missiles. 

Lordgodofhell
  • Lordgodofhell

Real life ghost

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:01 PM

Op you want to be able to lock onto all vehicles is what it seems like.

It is difficult to mainually kill people but it is rewarding because of the difficulty. Also, everyone would use the jet if it could lock onto player vehicles thus making it op.

I find it fine the way it is. It locks onto all air craft, and police. That includes players who jump into police vehicles.

SkylineGTRFreak
  • SkylineGTRFreak

Blackhawk lover

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:09 PM

Well, Hellfires are guided and the AH-6 could carry Hellfires. So yea, it is realistic (in a way) for the Buzzard to have a guided missiles.

And yes, Hellfires are not comparable to those missiles in GTA, but still :p

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users