Photo

GTA V cars on Top Gears Cool Wall!

166 replies to this topic
R.R
  • R.R

Soldier

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:49 PM

There would have to be voting though, like we do one car at a time and let people vote for 24 hours or something?

Definiely not volunteering for it, but maybe you could just have multiple continuous polls, and update the wall like once a week dependent on how the polls are swinging?

hallkjell
  • hallkjell

High roller

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:57 PM

There would have to be voting though, like we do one car at a time and let people vote for 24 hours or something?

Definiely not volunteering for it, but maybe you could just have multiple continuous polls, and update the wall like once a week dependent on how the polls are swinging?

I don't know, you can only have 3 questions per poll, so it would have to be several threads which would clutter the forum (it doesn't need to be more cluttered than it already is). The more I think about it, it would be a lot of work to keep score on this topic!

GumbyTM
  • GumbyTM

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:57 PM

American Top Gear > U.K. Top Gear.

You're high.

And I say this as an American who will gleefully bash our "friends across the pond" at every opportunity.

(Hey, it's what family is for.)

R.R
  • R.R

Soldier

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:01 PM

I don't know, you can only have 3 questions per poll, so it would have to be several threads which would clutter the forum (it doesn't need to be more cluttered than it already is). The more I think about it, it would be a lot of work to keep score on this topic!

Hmmm, that does make it kind of messy.

You could have one mega poll with all car models, and divide the poll ratings into sections (i.e 0%-20% = seriously uncool, 21% to 40% = uncool etc), but i'm not quite sure if that would work either.

combo65
  • combo65

It Spins

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:02 PM

If I want to learn about cars I watch the UK version.

If I want to laugh and watch irrelevant  contests where cheating is allowed I watch US version.

hallkjell
  • hallkjell

High roller

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:08 PM

Hmmm, that does make it kind of messy.

You could have one mega poll with all car models, and divide the poll ratings into sections (i.e 0%-20% = seriously uncool, 21% to 40% = uncool etc), but i'm not quite sure if that would work either.

I'm not sure I'm following you, but thanks for throwing out ideas anyway! Unless someone has a really neat idea I'm just gonna let the topic rest for a moment.

At least we established that Top Gear U.S. is a big failure, haha.

Entity9f
  • Entity9f

COYG

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:21 PM

If I want to contemplate stabbing my eyes out with forks while I cry myself to sleep, then I watch the US version.

Fixed.
  • Vitamin PWN likes this

combo65
  • combo65

It Spins

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:25 PM

If I want to contemplate stabbing my eyes out with forks while I cry myself to sleep, then I watch the US version.

Fixed.

I look at the US version as a comedy show that has cars in it. Helps to make it better. Now if you are looking at it like a real car show........................

Budaman420
  • Budaman420

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:15 PM

I want a Peal lol. UK Top Gear is way better the US one is just like the last episode of the season for UK, no guest no test track and once in a while you get a Stig. Im American too but the Brits just know there cars better and have good TV programs to show them off 

007Nick700
  • 007Nick700

Hustler

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:17 PM

lol'd

Top Gear US is just a cheap ripoff of the original with 3 presentators who try too hard to be funny

giraffeboy
  • giraffeboy

Hustler

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:09 PM

Ok I'll volunteer if you like to start a new one, can an OP edit the original post for as long as he wants or is there a time limit? For the voting I wasn't thinking a formal poll, just throw a pic up and take the first 10 or so replies, then just tell everyone they're wrong and put it where I want like Jez lol. Just kidding, go with the majority, and say if there's 5 for Subzero and 5 for cool, then put it halfway across or something like in the show. I'll do the OP and put a few on that seem to be the consensus from this thread to get it going.

bronysplatter
  • bronysplatter

Homie

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:11 PM

American Top Gear < U.K. Top Gear.

fixed.

you made a seriously nasty typo there.

hallkjell
  • hallkjell

High roller

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:14 AM

Ok I'll volunteer if you like to start a new one, can an OP edit the original post for as long as he wants or is there a time limit? For the voting I wasn't thinking a formal poll, just throw a pic up and take the first 10 or so replies, then just tell everyone they're wrong and put it where I want like Jez lol. Just kidding, go with the majority, and say if there's 5 for Subzero and 5 for cool, then put it halfway across or something like in the show. I'll do the OP and put a few on that seem to be the consensus from this thread to get it going.

Great man! Yeah in order to not dig your on grave you have to find a simple way to do the voting. Post a picture, tell everyone to rate it 1-10 and then explain why everybody is wrong (especially Hammond) with bad arguments and then you decide where the car belongs. That's the Top Gear way! :)

No seriously, good idea :)

MyLittlePony
  • MyLittlePony

Crew: Ponyville

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:33 AM

A war has just begun...

tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

Semi-Retired Forum Junkie

• Members
  • England

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:17 AM

*sigh*

Ok op you should start updating your initial post by categorizing the cars like the cool wall.

My vote is for the Entity XF and that should be Sub Zero.

ReconzVenture
  • ReconzVenture

Eccentric Raver

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:22 AM

Are you f*cking mentally disabled?
  • Frank Brown likes this

hallkjell
  • hallkjell

High roller

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:33 AM

*sigh*

Ok op you should start updating your initial post by categorizing the cars like the cool wall.

No, this thread is now for people to spit hate on the one Top Gear U.S. fan that showed his face early in the thread, and for reassuring that Top Gear UK is the best. Another person volunteered to make a proper thread (because I suck at such things) so when he finds time to do it, we will have another one where we'll have The Wall :)

R.R
  • R.R

Soldier

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:37 AM Edited by R.R, 24 October 2013 - 09:37 AM.

*sigh*

No, this thread is now for people to spit hate on the one Top Gear U.S. fan that showed his face early in the thread, and for reassuring that Top Gear UK is the best. Another person volunteered to make a proper thread (because I suck at such things) so when he finds time to do it, we will have another one where we'll have The Wall :)

It's already been made dude.

staticguy
  • staticguy

★ Watch out for ur stop!We go deep into the ghetto!

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:07 AM

LOL

say what?!

abigor115
  • abigor115

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:16 AM

big...big lol

beanzinapot
  • beanzinapot

Homie

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:04 AM

I enjoy watching both the original and the U.S version, even though the U.S version has no originality cause the copy all the challenges from Top Gear. Adam and Rutledge are hilarious, but Jeremy Richard and James are the best.

gtaxpert
  • gtaxpert

that's how I dooz it

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 28 December 2013 - 07:46 AM

LOL

Dtgodmage
  • Dtgodmage

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 December 2013 - 07:59 AM

The american top gear is godawful it's gotten better but top gear uk is an amazing tv show nothing else comes close to it.

i've been a fan of top gear uk since 2004 tho so...

jdwarfer
  • jdwarfer

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • France

Posted 28 December 2013 - 09:01 AM

The original is quite always better than a copy.

UK Top Gear is better than the american copy.

The american hosts are boring IMO. And they don't seem to be close friends unlike UK ones. I don't know it's different.

Clarkson and the other guys have a personnal connection. they have fun together.

About the wall thing, I don't know. Maybe the Banshee (there is a real replica).

Accendo
  • Accendo

Homie

• Members

Posted 28 December 2013 - 03:21 PM

Everyone that actually works in the automotive industry thinks American Top Gear is total sh*t.

BSEANO
  • BSEANO

Cruiser

• Members

Posted 28 December 2013 - 03:27 PM

Not everyone who owns an Adder has it chrome y'know...

Fatmax
  • Fatmax

'Scratch was already there, right?' - Mechanic

• Members

Posted 04 February 2014 - 11:26 AM

Lol, this says it all.

Liquid7
  • Liquid7

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 04 February 2014 - 11:42 AM

I'm assuming it's just a basic very bad - very good scale. So I'd say; Coil Voltic goes to Sub Zero.

And, come on, you can't hate on the American Top Gear -

Rutledge-Wood-Pace-Atlanta.jpg

Hahaha, that's funny!! I would agree on the Voltic.

Also, this guy

1795601154_e32902432d_z.jpg?zz=1

471C4ED8839C36BADA8C825458F9B7_h498_w598

Kracus
  • Kracus

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 February 2014 - 12:01 PM

Smoking crack = you

BrownMattHall