Quantcast

» «
Photo

GTA V = Game of the year?

79 replies to this topic

Poll: GTA V (184 member(s) have cast votes)

GTA V = Game of the year?

1. Yes (117 votes [63.59%])

Percentage of vote: 63.59%

2. No (67 votes [36.41%])

Percentage of vote: 36.41%

Vote Guests cannot vote
FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:52 PM

Naughty Dog are extremely talented with the story mode/single player. That's a fact to me. It's just wonderful. Uncharted series is just one of the best things I've ever seen in gaming history. Even the TLOU. I'll see when I can get it.

RockstarFanboy
  • RockstarFanboy

GTA #2 FANBOY / Loyal R* Soldier

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:13 PM

Surprised that 30% of people in a GTA forum don't want it to be GOTY. Honestly -- set your expectations way too high.

Anyway, the only competitor it has is The Last of Us, which as amazing as the story was, really can't compete in terms of overall fun, gameplay mechanics, and lasting appeal.

The biggest complaint I have about The Last of Us is the AI. Naughtydog hyped up the AI saying how it'll be the best AI in video game ever and their "balance of power" AI will be next gen status. But it turned out to be disappointing. The stealth mechanics of the AI aren't better than Splinter Cell or MGS. It's like on par with Batman Arkham series, which isn't a bad thing, but it isn't revolutionary.

It also have a few hiccups in the gameplay, sound, and etc. Most ppl mention the story than the actual AI of the game, which kind'a shows that Naughtydog failed of what they tried to actual do. Hell, more ppl mention the story than actual gameplay, which amaze the hell of me. The gameplay itself was fun, but more ppl are more in awe with the story than the gameplay of the game.

Oh well though. It's still one of the best experiences you'll ever in a game.

Agreed 100%. Definitely one of the best gaming experiences you'll get in the entire generation, but that's mostly based on its amazing story (best story in the generation imo) and narrative (also best). The game itself was not outstanding in terms of gameplay - it was good, but it was nothing special. Had it been an amazing story with amazing gameplay (like Red Dead Redemption), then I think it could have seriously topped GTA V. But, I think by having such a mind-blowing story, they limit themselves in the gameplay department... it's a paradox lol

Agree TLOU has a good story but the gameplay is not that diffrent from the usual survival zombie games

Tikhung
  • Tikhung

Maybe we're just sleepwalking....

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:14 PM

GTA V = Game of the year

GTA IV = Game of the generation

Officer Ronson
  • Officer Ronson

Police Officer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 October 2013 - 03:17 AM

IV as game of the generation?

Exactly how IV beats V?

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 October 2013 - 03:58 AM

Exactly how IV beats V?

It brought something new entirely. V just builds onto IV.

Get your head out your ass and enjoy the breeze 

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:04 AM Edited by DeafMetal, 26 October 2013 - 04:04 AM.

Exactly how IV beats V?

OK, if you like IV better, that is fine and dandy. But what exactly did IV bring into the equation that past GTAs didn't have? And did you ignore the whole groundbreaking addition of "3 playable characters at the same time" thing?

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:09 AM

Exactly how IV beats V?

OK, if you like IV better, that is fine and dandy. But what exactly did IV bring into the equation that past GTAs didn't have? And did you ignore the whole groundbreaking addition of "3 playable characters at the same time" thing?

You completely miss the point.

It's not about liking IV better than V. IV brought something new to the PS3 and Xbox 360 generation. V just built onto that.

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:12 AM

Exactly how IV beats V?

You completely miss the point.

It's not about liking IV better than V. IV brought something new to the PS3 and Xbox 360 generation. V just built onto that.

You're ignoring my question. WHAT did it bring to the series that no other GTA had? You can say "IV brought something new" or "IV had 'that magic'" all day and night, but without elaborating on your points, they're just mindless comments.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:14 AM Edited by brootalperry, 26 October 2013 - 04:14 AM.

You're ignoring my question. WHAT did it bring to the series that no other GTA had? You can say "IV brought something new" or "IV had 'that magic'" all day and night, but without elaborating on your points, they're just mindless comments.

Look at past GTA games then look at IV and decide for yourself nub. If you can't see the differences then you're beyond help. 

DeafMetal
  • DeafMetal

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:16 AM

Look at past GTA games then look at IV and decide for yourself nub. If you can't see the differences then you're beyond help. 

Houston, we've got a troll.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:18 AM

Houston, we've got a troll.

You demand answers from me that you can get for yourself. When you're either too stubborn or stupid to get those answers yourself, and I'm not willing to tell you said answers, I'm labelled a troll.

Houston, we've got a dumbass.

mariana_dm1989
  • mariana_dm1989

Mari

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 06:55 AM

Definitely, and it will keep getting better with DLC releases.
  • ten-a-penny likes this

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Godfather

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:58 AM

Exactly how IV beats V?

Story line choices, characters we can meet in the street. Some from the story, some not, COVER (one of the the biggest changes to the core gameplay in quite some time. Gunfights were completely changed because of it), in game internet...

I suppose that's only a few, but GTA IV did introduce new things the old games didn't have. Not claiming they're bigger or more important than everything else. Just pointing out what GTA IV brought to the table whether people care or not.

• DeafMetal likes this

Stockton209What
  • Stockton209What

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:01 AM

OF COURSE YES!

no offending but, GTA V haters are either hate the game just because of the driving or just IV kids :p

favorite games (and those who should be the best games of all times

1) GTA V and GTA SA. (PC)

2) Ace combat 5: the unsung war and Savage Skies. (PS2 until get the PC)

3) Biker mice from mars (PS2) and the legend of spyro: Dawn of the dragon (PS3)

rest is just trash in my gaming collection. :^:

GTA 4 was too mature for kids. You're thinking of GTA 5 which caters to little girls and boys the world over. Very friendly game, especially online which doesn't encourage player on player violence at all. Lame

Stockton209What
  • Stockton209What

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:02 AM

Definitely, and it will keep getting better with DLC releases.

Yeah i cant wait till they charge us 20 a pop for single player content that should have been included in the game in the first place

yay go rockstar!  :r*:

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Pardon my English

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:28 AM

GTA V took everything from SA and IV.

from SA: big map. flyable planes/jets, AIRBASE! :devil: diving, and a lot of things

from IV: graphics (improved), some vehicles, activities, playable characters can meet each other (just leave Frank at a point and go with Mike to that place. you'll see Franklin and have the option to hang out or not.) and many other things.

add the new stuff like buying stock markets and etc.

RockstarFanboy
  • RockstarFanboy

GTA #2 FANBOY / Loyal R* Soldier

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 01:01 PM Edited by RockstarFanboy, 26 October 2013 - 01:02 PM.

OF COURSE YES!

no offending but, GTA V haters are either hate the game just because of the driving or just IV kids :p

favorite games (and those who should be the best games of all times

1) GTA V and GTA SA. (PC)

2) Ace combat 5: the unsung war and Savage Skies. (PS2 until get the PC)

3) Biker mice from mars (PS2) and the legend of spyro: Dawn of the dragon (PS3)

rest is just trash in my gaming collection. :^:

GTA 4 was too mature for kids. You're thinking of GTA 5 which caters to little girls and boys the world over. Very friendly game, especially online which doesn't encourage player on player violence at all. Lame

GTA is not about being mature, it's about doing whatever you want to do.... want to fly a plane into a highway? than do it... IV focused on graphics and storyline (which was not even that great IMO) but they finally decided to bring back the good stuff in V... so easily a GOTY

• KING2dor, DeafMetal and ten-a-penny like this

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Pardon my English

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 26 October 2013 - 02:00 PM

GTA is not about being mature, it's about doing whatever you want to do.... want to fly a plane into a highway? than do it... IV focused on graphics and storyline (which was not even that great IMO) but they finally decided to bring back the good stuff in V... so easily a GOTY

this :^:

• RockstarFanboy likes this

woggleman
  • woggleman

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 26 October 2013 - 05:25 PM

IV was great but they couldn't have done two dark and gritty games in a row and especially not with the criticism IV received.

RyanBurnsRed
  • RyanBurnsRed

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:06 AM Edited by brootalperry, 27 October 2013 - 02:22 AM.

Story line choices, characters we can meet in the street. Some from the story, some not, COVER (one of the the biggest changes to the core gameplay in quite some time. Gunfights were completely changed because of it), in game internet...

I suppose that's only a few, but GTA IV did introduce new things the old games didn't have. Not claiming they're bigger or more important than everything else. Just pointing out what GTA IV brought to the table whether people care or not.

An interactive cellphone, a friend system in which you could hangout with NPC friends, major changes to the way cars handled, different wanted system, a more accurate representation of the city it's modeled after, MULTIPLAYER, in game choices that (somewhat, but not really) affected the story you already (you already listed that one), etc.

That guy was either too lazy, or has never played a GTA game before V.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users