Photo

My Psychiatrist Betrayed Me.

50 replies to this topic
GTAover9000
  • GTAover9000

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 02:17 PM

She wanted me to take this hour long test. I answered all the questions.

After I finished it she asked me to sign this form that would allow her to contact my family (mother, brothers, sisters, etc.).

I told her "no".

She asked again for 3 more weeks. I told her "no".

Then I overheard my family, and I found out she called them anyways.

She told them to stay away from me and that she was afraid I would kill them.

This really sucks.

GTAover9000
  • GTAover9000

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 02:18 PM

I trusted the bitch and told her a lot about myself for 2 years.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Left to rust

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 October 2013 - 02:23 PM

I dedicate this to you.

• El Diablo likes this

Mr. Scratch
  • Mr. Scratch

The Business

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 October 2013 - 02:48 PM

You know what this means don't you? She's gotta go.

• Otter likes this

GTAover9000
  • GTAover9000

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 02:52 PM

You know what this means don't you? She's gotta go.

Already left her.

She's been sending me constant emails to go back.

Mr. Scratch
  • Mr. Scratch

The Business

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 October 2013 - 02:54 PM

Yeah ok, sure that'll work.(puts knife away)

• SwizZzle likes this

GTAover9000
  • GTAover9000

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 02:56 PM

Yeah ok, sure that'll work.(puts knife away)

Lol maybe that's why she had a camera in the room when I would talk with her.

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:13 PM

hmm.

well I suppose you could always try going back to her place of business with a semi-automatic firearm and abundant ammunition, calmly walking to her office, politely greeting her, then blowing her away from point-blank range. after that you should immediately begin shooting indiscriminately at whoever else you find in the building as you stumble around waiting for the police to arrive. when they finally show up just go ahead and fire another bullet into your own face.

seems to be a pretty popular option for dealing with social grievances these days.

• Finn 7 five 11 and OG Sunny like this

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Administrator
  • Canada

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:15 PM

You could get a lawyer and sue the f*cking pants off her.
  • WHAT!? likes this

Mr. Scratch
  • Mr. Scratch

The Business

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:20 PM

This is exactly like Michael and his shrink.

• UltraGizmo64 likes this

WHAT!?
  • WHAT!?

chkn butt

• The Precinct
  • United-States
  • Best Member Named after a Stone Cold Steve Austin Catchphrase

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:56 PM

I fully endorse this.

• Finn 7 five 11 likes this

MrPeteyMax
  • MrPeteyMax

Later, losers.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:59 PM

Yeah like Otter said. I'm pretty sure you have every right to sue her.

GTAover9000
  • GTAover9000

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 04:04 PM

I'd get nothing. Our family already failed at that once when a doctor made a mistake during my mother's surgery a few years ago.

I just want to confront her and humiliate her.

jln22
  • jln22

Call me Julian

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 October 2013 - 04:55 PM

What just happened? I'm curious why she called your parents to tell them that you'd possibly be killing them. I mean wtf.

• GTAover9000 likes this

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 22 October 2013 - 04:59 PM

I've been to therapy myself, I was so afraid of having my trust violated that I didn't go through it that much.

I will say that you brought this on yourself. You should never tell them you're thinking about killing people, I'm not f*cking around or trying to be a tough guy behind a computer screen, either, I'm speaking straight. They asked me if I had thoughts of that nature and I lied, if I hadn't, they would have had to do something about it. Either have me committed or tell my family or dope me up, you should NEVER tell them about those thoughts, people just don't understand.

Point is, you can't trust them. Therapists don't want you to be happy, they want you to be 'normal' - either through accepting all the sh*t that's unfairly put on your plate or drugging you until you become a f*cking zombie and don't even know your own name. I honestly think people like us need to stay the way we are, sick but independent. After a while, it kind of becomes part of you, and the thought of getting 'better' feels like your family wants to replace you with someone else.

GTAover9000
  • GTAover9000

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 05:00 PM

I've been to therapy myself, I was so afraid of having my trust violated that I didn't go through it that much.

I will say that you brought this on yourself. You should never tell them you're thinking about killing people, I'm not f*cking around or trying to be a tough guy behind a computer screen, either, I'm speaking straight. They asked me if I had thoughts of that nature and I lied, if I hadn't, they would have had to do something about it. Either have me committed or tell my family or dope me up, you should NEVER tell them about those thoughts, people just don't understand.

Point is, you can't trust them. Therapists don't want you to be happy, they want you to be 'normal' - either through accepting all the sh*t that's unfairly put on your plate or drugging you until you become a f*cking zombie and don't even know your own name. I honestly think people like us need to stay the way we are, sick but independent. After a while, it kind of becomes part of you, and the thought of getting 'better' feels like your family wants to replace you with someone else.

I always said "no" to medication, but she kept bringing it up over and over.

"Bad characteristics covered in Christs blood"

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 October 2013 - 05:24 PM Edited by 018361, 22 October 2013 - 05:25 PM.

Aren't there patient confidentiality laws or something regarding this? If it is true I suggest what others have said, take it to court. If I had someone do that to me I would no doubt be upset and if I knew it was against the law then I would consider it. How are you expected to be helped by someone who you feel you cannot trust? For all you know they could have gone home each day and told their family about the misadventures of all her patients. I'm can't imagine the sadness, anger, and embarrassment this has caused you. They practically called you a murderer to you family when you haven't ( to our knowledge ) done anything wrong.    

Mcquiz
  • Mcquiz

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 22 October 2013 - 05:27 PM

I always said "no" to medication, but she kept bringing it up over and over.

She's the devil. You can't change those thoughts with medication. Only thing that actually would help is constant therapy just to make sure you don't snap in a murderous rage kind of way which is very popular among parents these days. I really don't get those people. Instead of just ending themselves they take their whole family with them.

Raavi
  • Raavi

Z

• None
  • Best Moderator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 22 October 2013 - 05:41 PM Edited by Raavi, 22 October 2013 - 05:45 PM.

Be glad she contacted your family instead of the authorities. Also bear in mind that she has the authority to put you on involuntary psychiatric hold where you will be forced to take medication, which is not unusual in cases like yours. I'd say you got of relatively well.

@018361 Patient confidentiality laws only go so far, if a psychiatrist perceives his/her patient as a potential threat, he/she is forced to contact the authorities and/or put the patient on involuntary psychiatric hold. Contacting the family on the other hand is a big no-no unless the patient is a minor or in the care of a family member.

• D- Ice likes this

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 22 October 2013 - 05:45 PM

Is she a Psychiatrist or a Psychologist? Report her to the Ethics Board.

• D- Ice likes this

Laura91
  • Laura91

Portia's #1 Fan

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 05:46 PM

Damn right.

There is a little thing called Doctor/Patient confidentiality and she obviously violated that. Any psychiatrist/psychologist is bound by this and anyone worth their salt would honor this. You have every legal right to sue that bitch.

.2D
  • .2D

Does Anybody Remember Laughter?

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Commonwealth

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:05 PM

I don't know. If she was genuinely concerned you would kill your family, then I think she did the right f*cking thing and you're lucky she hasn't contacted any authorities. I'm not sure exactly how the whole confidentiality thing works, but surely suing her would be a total crock of sh*t if she really was actually concerned you would murder you family. If anything she should have told the authorities if she was going to tell anyone.

Mr. Scratch
  • Mr. Scratch

The Business

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:07 PM

Be glad she contacted your family instead of the authorities. Also bear in mind that she has the authority to put you on involuntary psychiatric hold where you will be forced to take medication, which is not unusual in cases like yours. I'd say you got of relatively well.

@018361 Patient confidentiality laws only go so far, if a psychiatrist perceives his/her patient as a potential threat, he/she is forced to contact the authorities and/or put the patient on involuntary psychiatric hold. Contacting the family on the other hand is a big no-no unless the patient is a minor or in the care of a family member.

There's a  difference between thinking about murder and actually committing it. Throwing someone in the loonie bin just because they said they'd kill someone isn't exactly legal. Everyone gets pissed every once in a while and says stupid sh*t like that.

• D- Ice likes this

GTAover9000
  • GTAover9000

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:10 PM

I did tell her I would never murder someone because it's against the law and I have no desire to go to prison.

Mr. Scratch
  • Mr. Scratch

The Business

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:13 PM

There see? She had no basis for whatever assumptions her tiny brain was cooking.

Raavi
  • Raavi

Z

• None
  • Best Moderator 2015
    Best Moderator 2014
    Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:45 PM

There's a  difference between thinking about murder and actually committing it. Throwing someone in the loonie bin just because they said they'd kill someone isn't exactly legal. Everyone gets pissed every once in a while and says stupid sh*t like that.

Depends on how it is said and what underlying issues there are, if any. If it said like 'God, that makes me want to kill him' or like 'I have a strong desire to kill someone' makes a big difference. When it pertains to the legal side of mental health the lines often times get blurred. It's easier to remand someone that is a potential danger than to clean up the mess if the proverbial bomb bursts.

• Finn 7 five 11 likes this

na89340qv0n34b09q340
  • na89340qv0n34b09q340

• Members
  • Saint-Martin

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:08 PM

There's a  difference between thinking about murder and actually committing it. Throwing someone in the loonie bin just because they said they'd kill someone isn't exactly legal.

Generally they're obligated to report it if they believe another person's health or safety is in danger. Whether it was justified or not isn't something you can figure by OP's report.

• Raavi likes this

Brobinski
  • Brobinski

PYPU

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:12 PM

Yeah but not everyone has these thoughts in a manner that's landed them in therapy.

I did tell her I would never murder someone because it's against the law and I have no desire to go to prison.

Gotta say, that sounds a lot like saying you wouldn't do it only because you might get caught, not because it's wrong. Depending entirely on how everything was said and interpreted I'd say there could easily have been cause for a psychiatrist to break patient confidentiality if you sounded like a danger to yourself or others.

• Raavi likes this

GTAover9000
  • GTAover9000

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:00 PM

If we took away laws you'd see millions of crimes this week.

Laws are there to enforce order. It does it's job, regardless of motivation.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]
    Contribution Award [Gen Chat]

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:22 PM

Report her to the necessary medical board.

If you can prove it then make a public stink a out it - notify your local press.

Client patient confidentiality is serious business.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users