Quantcast

» «
Photo

IS GTA V Too Scripted !?

51 replies to this topic

Poll: IS GTA V Too Scripted !? (98 member(s) have cast votes)

IS GTA V Too Scripted !?

1. Yes - 100% YES - WAY too much scripting (42 votes [42.86%])

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

2. No - 100% No - The scripting is minimal (6 votes [6.12%])

Percentage of vote: 6.12%

3. Yes and No - There is scripting but it justifies the missions (43 votes [43.88%])

Percentage of vote: 43.88%

4. None of these options represent my view (6 votes [6.12%])

Percentage of vote: 6.12%

5. There is more scripting in GTA V than Heavy Rain (1 votes [1.02%])

Percentage of vote: 1.02%

Vote Guests cannot vote
Tikhung
  • Tikhung

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:03 PM

f*ck GTA V... Physics + Handling + Storyline suck !

tch2296
  • tch2296

Giant Siberian Priest Just Chillin'

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:12 PM

Jesus Christ just goes to show no matter how amazing a game is people will find the stupidest sh*t to complain about...

Lanzfeld113
  • Lanzfeld113

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:24 PM

Jesus Christ just goes to show no matter how amazing a game is people will find the stupidest sh*t to complain about...

Looks like a new Fanboi just got a R* cock in his mouth.

Good for you!

• Kent_Paul_Jnr likes this

CR7_LM10_RVP20_SH1
  • CR7_LM10_RVP20_SH1

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:54 PM

It's not scripted too much, but it certainly is more scripted than previous titles.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:16 PM

Looks like a new Fanboi just got a R* cock in his mouth.

Good for you!

Yes because somebody liking GTA game on a GTA forum means he has R's cock in his mouth. Let me go to a heavy metal forum and tell people that anybody that likes loud guitars doesn't know real music. If they disagree with me they have metal's cock in their mouth.

CrazyRay
  • CrazyRay

8" Member

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:53 PM

Wow, you know it's a stupid topic when someone complains about not being able to back up when you pull the porch down

bicycles?
  • bicycles?

Peon

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:52 AM

It was one example out of many of the game being stupid, unrealistic, restrictive, etc...

bicycles?
  • bicycles?

Peon

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:42 AM

I finished the game earlier.

Chose the "kill trevor" option.

It was just another follow this person/drive all over the map "mission," scripted so you can't actually catch up with him.

then he crashes into a fuel tanker and you're instructed to put him down.

So I shoot him in the head, and he doesn't die, but catches fire...

Then it's 30 minutes of credits.

This game f*cking sucks

CantThinkOfOne2013
  • CantThinkOfOne2013

If anyone is wondering why I don't post anymore, it's be

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:36 AM

I honestly don't see waht people are complaining about, the only serious scipting is in the Prologue and the 'Bury the Hatchet' mission as they take place outside of Los Santos and Blaine County, the 'Saints Marks Bistro' mission in GTA San Andreas which took place outside of San Andreas was no different. I don't see the issue people have with the 'Leaving the are' "scripting", that's just to keep the realism and the pace up, and also makes for a convenient way to quit or restart a mission since the game lacks a quit/restart mission option (something I hope to see in the next game). People have to stop complaining, this is the best GTA yet (I just wish you could drive trains in free roam, hopefully this will come in an update), GTA V is the combination that fans should love most about the series. I can't believe that people are calling GTA IV better than GTA V, how could those people possibly like Bowling, Darts, TV within a TV and friend dates more than customizable cars, fighter jets, upgradable weapons, tanks, attack choppers and much more.

Police24
  • Police24

Vice City Cop

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:58 AM

I agree. GTA 5 has way too much scripting. I'm also disappointed in the lack of playability after all the missions are done...I wish Rockstar would have just held out a year or so longer and just released GTA 5 for the next gen consoles!

bicycles?
  • bicycles?

Peon

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:21 AM

People have to stop complaining, this is the best GTA yet

delusion

SomeBoredDude
  • SomeBoredDude

Long Live The CNW!

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:09 PM

This is why San Andreas is king.

JayAkuma
  • JayAkuma

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 04:07 PM

Who cares...? What game gives actually freedom anymore? I mean the whole game isn't just missions. You have the ability to do missions whenever you want or random encounters. You all just love to complain rather than just play the game

ThatGr
  • ThatGr

Pimp

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:16 PM

GTA 4 felt less scripted to me, I connected with niko and the ending made me think

• namor likes this

thatstupidbug
  • thatstupidbug

Hustler

• Members
  • Italy

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:37 PM Edited by thatstupidbug, 24 October 2013 - 06:39 PM.

I'm replaying the game right now (since I killed trevor and now I want the FULL and REAL ending), but while I'm loving the story even more, i'm getting bored with the missions. the Whole game is too scripted, you have few choises and sometimes it seems like what you do don't have a real impact on the mission. a scripted mission isn't a bad thing per se, and often it is more spectacular that a non-scripted one. BUT it lacks freedom and diversity. Just an example:

Spoiler

Spoiler

so what's better? to me, it must be a good balance, and to me a lot of GTA V missions don't have that kind of balance. My idea is to make a scripted mission, but that allows you to break the script if you are good enough. Example: no matter what you do, Lance (in the last mission in VC) will run to the rooftop for a final fight against tommy. BUT if you're good enough (or you have a rocket launcher), you can kill him BEFORE that happens, giving you a challenge and a different way to end the mission. that's the freedom I want in GTA

Claude4Catalina
  • Claude4Catalina

Carcer City bound!

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:29 PM

I finished the game earlier.

Chose the "kill trevor" option.

It was just another follow this person/drive all over the map "mission," scripted so you can't actually catch up with him.

then he crashes into a fuel tanker and you're instructed to put him down.

So I shoot him in the head, and he doesn't die, but catches fire...

Then it's 30 minutes of credits.

This game f*cking sucks

I think it would have been a bit better to have two endings to the chase missions, with different variables.  for example in the Kill Michael ending you're pretty much blocked off by a train before you can get off the first gunshot, thus leading to the foot chase at the refinery; like said above about Lance, I think the train should be a variable so that if you're in luck/quick enough, you could kill Michael before he reaches the refinery.  I like the idea of there being a canon outcome for scenarios but they needs to be some variety, like how the Rocco mission has no strings attached once you're in a car, chase him for two seconds or twenty minutes if you really feel that way inclined.

Auztinito
  • Auztinito

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:40 AM Edited by Auztinito, 25 October 2013 - 02:45 AM.

I prefer scripted than unscripted for sole reason you could manipulate game mechanics if left unscripted.Last time I checked GTA was not an RPG.

Off Topic:Why in the hell would someone back up to pull a porch down?

Kent_Paul_Jnr
  • Kent_Paul_Jnr

lets bounce

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:20 PM

it seems pretty even split between those who wish to have this level of scripting in the mission design as to those who would like the missions to be able to be a bit more open interms of completing them.

It seems on a very small scale atelast, that R* pleased and pissed off 50/50 of those people who played the game and commented thus far in this vote.

Maybe more completion options and less failure states would have made people more happy.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:26 PM

it seems pretty even split between those who wish to have this level of scripting in the mission design as to those who would like the missions to be able to be a bit more open interms of completing them.

It seems on a very small scale atelast, that R* pleased and pissed off 50/50 of those people who played the game and commented thus far in this vote.

Maybe more completion options and less failure states would have made people more happy.

Nothing will make more people happy. I have learned in life that some people are never satisfied.

Claude4Catalina
  • Claude4Catalina

Carcer City bound!

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:56 PM

whatever Rockstar had done, somebody would be annoyed about something, my hat goes off to any game developer that can put out a game that satisfies even 90% of their customer base.

woggleman
  • woggleman

Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:59 PM

whatever Rockstar had done, somebody would be annoyed about something, my hat goes off to any game developer that can put out a game that satisfies even 90% of their customer base.

The only ones that can do that are indies that not a lot of people know about. Once a franchise becomes big enough people look for stuff to nitpick. In another thread they literally complaining about bad grammar in song titles on the stations.

lol232
  • lol232

Got room for one more?

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:14 PM

Too many butthurts in this topic.

The GTA Games were always scripted, also you can take Lamar over.

That's what I did in my every attempt.

I don't have a single mission failure in my game (mainly because I reload a lot)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users