» «
Photo

Calling Lester During A Mission

16 replies to this topic
gunslinginkitty
  • gunslinginkitty

GunSlinginKitty

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:58 AM Edited by gunslinginkitty, 22 October 2013 - 01:47 PM.

I did a quick search for this with no luck.

I don't know if i'm missing something here but 'High Priority Case' (as a perfect example) is impossible to play properly.

This mission feels like cheating when you have to kill the merry weather helicopter pilot. Call me dumb but i like to try and play the missions the way R* designed them.

So i launched the job by myself, called Lester to find me a helicopter, he either wouldn't answer or it was unavailable i don't remember. Called merry weather for the pickup and tried to get him to drop me on the roof, got shot down. I tried again and got him to drop me on the opposite building (don't remember what it's called, the tallest skyscraper that is literally across the street), sniper-ed as many enemies as i could then parachuted over to the building with the briefcase, but i then realized i'd have to spend another 1K on calling merry weather to get down.

Why does it say call me if you need a vehicle for a job? Does he mean a free roam job? Cause it never works during a mission. Perhaps you need to OWN a helicopter to play that mission the way R* designed it, in which case is stupid because the mission is available at 25 or 30 i think, and nobody has a helicopter by that level.

BosHog
  • BosHog

Trick

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:00 PM

Helicopters spawn at the marina 1 minute from there.

iFight
  • iFight

The one

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:02 PM

just kill merryweather guy and take his heli. Go to Maze bank building snipe some

CriminalHero
  • CriminalHero

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:02 PM

You can only call Lester on a job if the job isn't his.

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:07 PM

You don't have to kill the Merryweather guy. You can put the way point above the Maze tower, have him fly you there and rappel down. It's then possible to parachute across, you just need to pull the chord quickly and pull up straight away. You can also use the parachute to escape, although granted, it is a bit harder.

gunslinginkitty
  • gunslinginkitty

GunSlinginKitty

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 01:43 PM Edited by gunslinginkitty, 22 October 2013 - 01:45 PM.

Not when the mission is active

just kill merryweather guy and take his heli. Go to Maze bank building snipe some

Read description

You can only call Lester on a job if the job isn't his.

Fair enough

You don't have to kill the Merryweather guy. You can put the way point above the Maze tower, have him fly you there and rappel down. It's then possible to parachute across, you just need to pull the chord quickly and pull up straight away. You can also use the parachute to escape, although granted, it is a bit harder.

How do you get down from the building once you parachute across, you've already used your parachute and now don't have a helicopter.

BosHog
  • BosHog

Trick

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 01:49 PM

Not when the mission is active

They do, maybe not all the time but Ive taken a good few from there. 

Mr Fyn666
  • Mr Fyn666

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 01:53 PM

Grab helicopter from either, marina, airport, trevers airfield, merrywhethers yard down by the docks

Go to high building to snipe

Parachute across

get briefcase afyer dispatching all the guards

then call merrywether for a helicopter and depart

Its the long way round but it should work (not tried this myself btw - i take the easy option lol)

serimos6
  • serimos6

Playa

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 01:56 PM

Lester is the most useless side-contact there is in the game, you have to wait till level 50 till he can tell you where to find an airplane, and guess what, it's at the airport -.- thanks Lester, you're really a bunch of help. 

• MedicinalDoctor and gunslinginkitty like this

Mr Fyn666
  • Mr Fyn666

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 01:58 PM

Lester is the most useless side-contact there is in the game, you have to wait till level 50 till he can tell you where to find an airplane, and guess what, it's at the airport -.- thanks Lester, you're really a bunch of help. 

^^^^

Blip removal and wanted stars removal are the best feature from Lester - Great strategic idea

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 October 2013 - 02:05 PM

Blip Removal is one of his best Skills!

BosHog
  • BosHog

Trick

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 02:07 PM

Grab helicopter from either, marina, airport, trevers airfield, merrywhethers yard down by the docks

Go to high building to snipe

Fly across 

get briefcase afyer dispatching all the guards

Fly to the yard

Its the long way round but it should work (not tried this myself btw - i take the easy option lol)

Fixed a little and works perfectly

serimos6
  • serimos6

Playa

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 02:51 PM

^^^^

Blip removal and wanted stars removal are the best feature from Lester - Great strategic idea

Well in a way, but the blip removal is so short it really hardly matters at all, not to mention you have to take that extra 15-20+ seconds calling lester to just remove the blip, and in that time your target may already be right next to you. If the time was extended, it would be useful, but at 15 seconds, to me its useless. 

Hotfuzz128
  • Hotfuzz128

MetalUpYourAss

• Members
  • Olympics

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:03 PM

That mission not worth the time or money anymore. Don't bother with it.

CriminalHero
  • CriminalHero

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:47 PM Edited by CriminalHero, 22 October 2013 - 11:49 PM.

^^^^

Well in a way, but the blip removal is so short it really hardly matters at all, not to mention you have to take that extra 15-20+ seconds calling lester to just remove the blip, and in that time your target may already be right next to you. If the time was extended, it would be useful, but at 15 seconds, to me its useless. 

Are you kidding me? He is the most useful side-contact in the game. I disagree with your ass. Also, blip removal is a minute.

I always use Off the Radar(blip removal) whenever somebody is chasing me, or when I'm planning to ambush someone. 

Always useful to me.

gunslinginkitty
  • gunslinginkitty

GunSlinginKitty

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:34 PM

That mission game is not worth the time or money anymore. Don't bother with it.

Epi
  • Epi

might be a girl in rl

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:35 PM

you must be playing a different game then, because it surley does

i lolled my ass of when i heared a friend do this with the merryweather chopper.... there goes your proffit XD

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users