Photo

I think there should be a penalty for killing players

149 replies to this topic
FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:53 PM

Lol sounds like you got owned and you kept trying to kill the guy that killed you, which didn't work.

If by "owned" you mean shot by a player while using the internet on my phone, or buying clothes, yes, I´ve been owned.

And no, I don´t try to get people back. It´s a waster of ammo, money, and time. I invite them to a deathmatch. If he doesn´t join, I text them stuff like "co,co,co,co,coooo". When he joins, I kick his ass. Because these cowards attacking randoms always suck at shooting.

I think they do it because it´s the only chance they have to kill someone.

tommy_lins
  • tommy_lins

I Glitch Bitch

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:55 PM Edited by tommy_lins, 22 October 2013 - 07:56 PM.

Suck a fat cock OP. ..u f*cking cry baby.
Do you realize what a f*ckinf moronic thread you started?
Penalty for killing other pkayers on gta ?
Might as well give penalties for stealing cars as well.

What a fag.

Well, technically the penalties for using a stolen car are the fact that any-time you pass by police, they will give chase and not being able to own stolen cars deemed "too hot".

OT:
I mostly agree with the fact that passive mode should be juiced up where players that choose the option can't be harmed, but it should have a nice cold down period/ unable to switch if you are engaged in combat or have stars, so it won't be abused.

I don't think there is anything wrong with PvP, but I think there should be a juiced passive mode to encourage interaction between randoms; as right now, everyone is standing on pins if another player comes speeding by.

I just get annoyed reading the trivial BS complaints about a game and its obvious violent crime PVP game setting. 

If they were going to penalize shooting players in ANY fashion..it would ruin the game in its entirety.

kevswans
  • kevswans

FREEDOM FIGHTER

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:20 PM

How they should really have it is;

-make it harder to kill other players (add HP or decrease damage on weapons)

-lose majority if not all of held money

-make it so you have to either stop at an ATM or put it in a safe in your house.

-armour is only depleted via bullets, armour that can actually take some hits (more AP)

-when killed respawn is at nearest hospital or you can choose to be taken directly home for an extra charge (this would help with spawn killing)

-If you die multiple times within a set amount of time, by players, you will be granted complete god mood with no use of weapons

-killer gets substantial police response (depending on situation military involvement, sh*t if it's a tank break out a couple)

that's all I got at the moment,

hopefully they can figure something better out because this "system" is lacking, a lot. coming from a killer.

thanks,

mr.swanson

#KGOD

Vooodu
  • Vooodu

WiCkED

• BUSTED!
  • Canada

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:23 PM Edited by Vooodu, 22 October 2013 - 08:33 PM.

I think there should be a punishment for killing players with AUTO AIM.  I mean the console should actually bitch slap an auto aim noob.

f*ck, I hate auto aim.  Its already ruining this game faster then it did Read Dead.

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:28 PM

I can't believe people that play gta are such fairies.

"Mummy I don't think I should be able to be killed. I thought GTA stood for Gay Teletubbies Association"

Go play zelda or something.
  • tommy_lins likes this

Itsagimp
  • Itsagimp

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:39 PM

It wouldn't work cause the community is full of trolls

Dooma1090
  • Dooma1090

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:39 PM

Seriously getting sick of these minecraft kiddies crying about getting killed or there Lil car getting blowin up. Seriously, you win some and you lose some. Deal with it or go back to minecraft and build some more sand castles. People want this game so restrictive so they don't have any sort of lose of any kind that soon free roam won't even be a "free" roam anymore. Seriously need passive and non passive sessions so these carebears can sit there and never kill or harm each other for any reason and only rub each other off till there hearts content. f*ck, can't even believe how people want the police less aggressive? Fml man lol, just mind blowing.
  • tommy_lins likes this

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:42 PM

There´s just no punishment for deads. If I die doing an attack on a gang, I don´t want to respawn and end the job. I want a mission fail, losing money, and spawning home/hospital.

Junior.86
  • Junior.86

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:44 PM

Yeah, I love getting f*cked over constantly by the same asshole ranked 40 and armed to the teeth while I'm running around with a pea shooter at rank 5. There should be a server for assholes who enjoy the pointless griefing and trolling (that's what it is, don't give me that 'this is gta' spiel).

Dooma1090
  • Dooma1090

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:46 PM

Just leave the session, problem solved .

Junior.86
  • Junior.86

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:53 PM

They should have made the game with the choice of 3 distinct gangs, and made it gang warfare, like San Amdreas, if you entered a rival gangs area and got killed then its your own fault, I would only have myself to blame, not some troll shooting me in the back while I buy a new jacket.

Lagful
  • Lagful

Certified Fresh

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:54 PM Edited by Lagful, 22 October 2013 - 08:54 PM.

Might as well take out PvP all together with the penalties...

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:01 PM

Might as well take out PvP all together with the penalties...

No, it has potential. Just make a dead something with meaning. Just make feuds something where things are at play.

Suppa K
  • Suppa K

Only Zuul

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:03 PM

I think there should be a punishment for killing players with AUTO AIM.  I mean the console should actually bitch slap an auto aim noob.

f*ck, I hate auto aim.  Its already ruining this game faster then it did Read Dead.

So don't play with Auto Aim on...? It's that simple. 

Or do you not understand how the Free Aim and Auto Aim servers are separate? Because they are.

Suppa K
  • Suppa K

Only Zuul

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:07 PM

They should have made the game with the choice of 3 distinct gangs, and made it gang warfare, like San Amdreas, if you entered a rival gangs area and got killed then its your own fault, I would only have myself to blame, not some troll shooting me in the back while I buy a new jacket.

While it's a neat idea, are you saying you should only be allowed to kill other people in rival gangs..? That would be stupid.

Doing anything to penalize the players beyond bad sport for killing someone is just an awful idea and I have no idea how anyone would want that. If you have a problem with someone in a game, just go to a new session, you're bound to find one where people aren't consatly gunning for you. Also if you play on AA servers, you're playing with the worst kind of players so do yourself a favor and switch over to Free Aim where there apparantly seem to be a much more mature playerbase.

That's not to say it's never going to happen, I mean this IS GTA after all. Why not have some fun and chase him back for revenge? Or set some bounties on him, get creative. Sometimes you need a little chaos.

fullmetal5550
  • fullmetal5550

Trick

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:00 PM

Suck a fat cock OP. ..u f*cking cry baby.
Do you realize what a f*ckinf moronic thread you started?
Penalty for killing other pkayers on gta ?
Might as well give penalties for stealing cars as well.

What a fag.

Was there really a need for that? You can disagree with someone and be civil about it. It honestly isn't that hard. 

GankThis110
  • GankThis110

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:04 PM

No.

/thread

fullmetal5550
  • fullmetal5550

Trick

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:06 PM

No the penalty, and yes to making players drop all of their money being carried on them.

This. There's not enough of a penalty for being killed, you drop $100, big deal. What happened to being able to rob players? What about "omg ur carrying 5k better deposit it"? Something's obviously not right.

And I like how some people in this thread act like being killed isn't their own fault, as if there's nothing they can do about it. How about not letting people kill you? It someone surprise kills you, it only negatively affects your K/D ratio if you don't kill them back five times right after. Stuff like that makes me realize that some people don't understand what the point of the K/D ratio even is.

A K/D ratio is a thing that frat boys and bros use to measure their E-Peen because they are compensating for a lack of something.

Jmacz
  • Jmacz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:13 PM Edited by Jmacz, 22 October 2013 - 11:16 PM.

I like the saying, "get good or die trying". I have 5 days logged on this game and have never been killed more that 3 times in a row by a player, and that was only in a deathmatch. It's not that hard to kill a person back and get away.

If you get killed over and over again you have no one to blame but your self. Maybe you should go try to do it to a few people, wait for someone to get away and steal the strategy they use to get away.

fullmetal5550
  • fullmetal5550

Trick

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:14 PM

I think there should be a penalty for killing players, because there is none! So if you get killed you loose money. If you kill there is no bonus or negative effect. I don´t care to be killed, now that there is no more high health bills, but I find it strange that there is no negative effect. I would say, give someone who killed a player in free room two stars. So before he could go and spawn kill the other player he must get rid of the copsand this is not so hard.

What do you girls and guys think about it? And should the system be back that you can rob all the money they carry with them?

The easiest thing to do would be to make a solo session or an invite only session. That is what I mainly play on when I am not killing trolls and griefers in the game. 

DMC14
  • DMC14

Tiger Force 1

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:15 PM

All I know is there's too much burden on the player killed

Your k/d goes down
You lose money
They gain your money
Your car usually gets impounded
You respawn with a complete disadvantage 95% of the time and die again

There needs to be less of a penalty for dying to a player IMO. Game encourages violence but also encourages not working with strangers due to so much sh*t being thrown on you for dying

the game is about being a criminal. just how much can you trust a murdering thieve?

gnad1992
  • gnad1992

f*ck off

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:55 AM

what is Read Dead?

Courtesy Flush George
  • Courtesy Flush George

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:30 AM

No.. Just stupid

EliteGamer
  • EliteGamer

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:38 AM Edited by EliteGamer, 23 October 2013 - 10:39 AM.

Since the penalty for dying is basically nothing (maximum of $500, only out of cash-on-hand and 99% of players keep all their money in the back) the attacker actually loses more than the victim, just from spent ammo. And the attacker gains basically nothing for winning too. So there's no point attacking people in free-roam... but I still do it half the time because there's nothing else to do in the game right now.

Anyway if you want less random attacks in free roam, then Rockstar needs to come up with a deathmatch system which isn't excruciatingly bad.

- Random attack guys in free-roam using everything in the game.

- Spend 20 minutes getting a 4 man deathmatch lobby, which turns out to be an auto-aim shotgun fest in a stupid hedgemaze.

Yeah I'll pick the former.

FasterThanYou
  • FasterThanYou

Soldier

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:45 AM

Deathmatch is actually good, at least team deathmatch and free aim. You actually have to use teamwork and outsmart rival teams by finding better cover and flanking them. You´re just fighting the wrong people if you get that sort of deathmatches.

I´ve realized random attackers in free roam are all lame at shooting. Once you get them in a deathmatch, they´re always easy meat. They probably attack people like that because it´s the only way they have to actually kill something.

A dead should be expensive in free roam. Also it should bring heavy police heat on murderer. That way people would think twice about attacking someone but you´d still be able to do it if you really want to. Also shootouts would be intense, not that "oh he killed me, big deal" thing we have now.

Kromix
  • Kromix

Peon

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:38 PM

Killing a random player without bounty is like a small slap in the face ... You use it to tell people that its your crate, your special vehicle, your bounty to claim or vehicle to steal ... They either come back for another slap or let you have it your way ... This process is a core element in GTAO and shouldnt be penalized in any way. 

Imo beating someone in a 1-1 is a much bigger statement than just killing someone in free roam - if thats what its about ...

Piggman
  • Piggman

CEO of Piggman Industries

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:42 PM

The-Office-gifs-the-office-14948948-240-

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:47 PM

So don't play with Auto Aim on...? It's that simple. 

Or do you not understand how the Free Aim and Auto Aim servers are separate? Because they are.

i cannot change mine at all.. im pretty sure they fixed it to where everyone must use traditional gta.

and are you only talking about death matches? because there is no difference and i have never been able to join or start my own private server.

iiGh0STt
  • iiGh0STt

Gangsta

• BUSTED!
  • Ukraine

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:50 PM

Killing a random player without bounty is like a small slap in the face ... You use it to tell people that its your crate, your special vehicle, your bounty to claim or vehicle to steal ... They either come back for another slap or let you have it your way ... This process is a core element in GTAO and shouldnt be penalized in any way.

were not talking about when going after something... we are talking about killing randoms who do not expect it and are not doing anything.

if someone goes out of their way to follow you, then you already know what you have to do.. and its f*cking annoying when you actively avoid these people and they just don't get the msg. merryweather calls and a couple kills later, you have to run from them and hope they dont continue the pursuit and being f*cking raped because they wanted to follow you and shoot at you in the first place. make sense now?

Inevitability
  • Inevitability

Incognito Founder

• Members

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:01 PM

There should be a penalty for those who post threads like this.

• iiGh0STt likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users