Photo

I think there should be a penalty for killing players

149 replies to this topic
Derherbman
  • Derherbman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:34 AM

I think there should be a penalty for killing players, because there is none! So if you get killed you loose money. If you kill there is no bonus or negative effect. I don´t care to be killed, now that there is no more high health bills, but I find it strange that there is no negative effect. I would say, give someone who killed a player in free room two stars. So before he could go and spawn kill the other player he must get rid of the copsand this is not so hard.

What do you girls and guys think about it? And should the system be back that you can rob all the money they carry with them?

• Bunkers and lilpokerface like this

Grottesca
  • Grottesca

Captivated

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:36 AM

No, and No.

aig1992
  • aig1992

I AM AiG

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:37 AM

No cuz everytime I kill someone I end up getting cops most of the time

petenasty
  • petenasty

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:40 AM

All I know is there's too much burden on the player killed

Your k/d goes down
You lose money
They gain your money
Your car usually gets impounded
You respawn with a complete disadvantage 95% of the time and die again

There needs to be less of a penalty for dying to a player IMO. Game encourages violence but also encourages not working with strangers due to so much sh*t being thrown on you for dying
  • ShinobiFixer and abfirstr8 like this

Lukezordz
  • Lukezordz

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:41 AM Edited by Lukezordz, 22 October 2013 - 09:42 AM.

Nope.

All you need is Passive Mode to actually work. Then there's absolutley no problem or nothing to worry about.

SHarm
  • SHarm

Reincarnation of Tommy Vercetti

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:42 AM

It's a f*cking shooting and robbing game you prick, go back to watching teletubbies
  • Chargr, EyeMacHunt, lilpokerface and 3 others like this

GambleGamble
  • GambleGamble

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:43 AM

I was getting run over by some f*ckers stupid car over and over and over on Vespucci beach yesterday, there should be a penalty for killing someone over and over

SpaceRobot
  • SpaceRobot

Robot From Space

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:44 AM

No the penalty, and yes to making players drop all of their money being carried on them.

• abfirstr8 likes this

petenasty
  • petenasty

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:45 AM

Nope.

All you need is Passive Mode to actually work. Then there's absolutley no problem or nothing to worry about.

Killing a player in passive mode, if he is in a vehicle or not, should be a bad sport infraction.

Abusable? Likely. Effective? Unlikely.
  • WarM4chine likes this

CReaper210
  • CReaper210

Kingpin

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:46 AM

I'd rather this over the bonus(bad sport) penalty for destroying personal vehicles.

Paying for the insurance should be the end of it.

I don't understand why they made destroying vehicles punishable, but have allowed spawnkilling to happen, and even reward it by making the victim lose money.

CreamyChris
  • CreamyChris

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:48 AM

Why...? who cares its a damn game... -.- if you don't appreciate dying go in an invite only or solo session its that bloody simple... get friends to play with or something. A penalty for killing someone else is just stupid.

Alexture
  • Alexture

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:49 AM

I know what the OP means, it can be annoying to mind your own business and have someone kill you for no reason, however, that's part of the game. The sense of danger all the time and always having to watch your back makes GTA Online fun.

Also, there is a penalty for blowing up other players' vehicles yet that still happens a lot so let's not act like a penalty would make this "problem" disappear.

So no, things are fine the way they are now. We need more missions, heists, less problems, and the 'bad sport' thing fixed to not count accidents (like, say, blowing up your crew member's vehicle in a mission, which is obviously an accident).

Ginobili137
  • Ginobili137

Mark Chump

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:51 AM

it is incredibly easy to avoid being killed, so no

Derherbman
  • Derherbman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:52 AM

Why...? who cares its a damn game... -.- if you don't appreciate dying go in an invite only or solo session its that bloody simple... get friends to play with or something. A penalty for killing someone else is just stupid.

Because its unbalanced. There is no real benefit for killing someone and all the negativity is by the player who got killed. Its much more fun to make some funny stuff with others online, but the system right now tends the players to kill each other.

Like I said I don´t care to get killed and love to go on a revenge tour but there is a flaw in the system how it is right now.

And of course its a game? What did you try to say?

Infinite2324
  • Infinite2324

Whatever

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:57 AM

You have to kill other players to get gun camos so it's kinda encouraged. Maybe it meant only in death match. Idk.

fullmetal5550
  • fullmetal5550

Trick

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:02 AM

i think there should be a life insurance policy option like the car insurance option. For a moderate fee you could purchase a life insurance option so that if you get killed by another player you get double whatever the money you paid for your life insurance. To balance it out it should only be able to be used either once every 12 hours or once a day. 

Barry Spock
  • Barry Spock

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:10 AM

I'm pretty sure the intensity of griefing will die down once the 12 year olds move on to battlefield 4 or whatever the next mind-numbing fps is.

Jvalor
  • Jvalor

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:15 AM

There should not be a penalty, that is stupid. What they need to do is fix passive mode so that you take NO player damage whatsoever, but you can deal no damage to players either. That includes running people over or waiting until they get in their car to shoot them. If you try to run someone in passive over, you will knock them down obviously but they will no take any damage or die.
  • abfirstr8 likes this

petenasty
  • petenasty

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:16 AM

You have to kill other players to get gun camos so it's kinda encouraged. Maybe it meant only in death match. Idk.

Youre encouraged to kill players but at the same time discouraged from killing players and even more so from dying

The design philosophy of free roam goes in multiple directions at once
  • Shakengandulf likes this

fckGTA5
  • fckGTA5

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:19 AM Edited by fckGTA5, 22 October 2013 - 10:40 AM.

It's a f*cking shooting and robbing game you prick, go back to watching teletubbies

wtf this just made me turn off GTA forever, what a f*cking little chav, this games ruinned by little twats a mmo with out no real commuinty is not a mmo its just a bs game with little chavs runing around killing each other with no real point

• Bunkers likes this

Bunkers
  • Bunkers

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:24 AM Edited by Bunkers, 22 October 2013 - 10:26 AM.

I agree with OP, the current system makes the gameplay online a deathmatch. Which is boring. A penalty for killing makes perfect sence, just as it is in real life.

Now I see there are some really BIG, powerful and strong people replying in this topic. You are all so enormous and scary! 

kABUSE
  • kABUSE

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:26 AM

I think there should be a penalty for being Derherbman

fullmetal5550
  • fullmetal5550

Trick

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:28 AM

Was there really a need to insult the guy? You can disagree with someone and be civil about it. It's not that hard to do. 

Alwintheboy
  • Alwintheboy

Too old to be a boy.

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:30 AM

Nope. 

bronysplatter
  • bronysplatter

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:31 AM

Nope.

yes. if passive mode worked like it should ( you can shoot npcs but not other players. and no player can damage you) ide actually use it.

• Lukezordz likes this

petenasty
  • petenasty

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:32 AM

Was there really a need to insult the guy? You can disagree with someone and be civil about it. It's not that hard to do. 

Game is full of tuff guys on all platforms its hilarious

They'll all quit eventually.

Infinite2324
  • Infinite2324

Whatever

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:33 AM

Youre encouraged to kill players but at the same time discouraged from killing players and even more so from dying

Yeah that's true. I guess its whatever floats your boat. It's a choice and the unpredictability makes it fun.

Admiral Blaubarschbube
  • Admiral Blaubarschbube

Hustler

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:34 AM

good troll

8/10

Mr.Random
  • Mr.Random

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:38 AM

Someone abusing you constantly? Had enough of being spawn killed and not being able to move? There is an answer my friend ... vote to kick, get your friends to vote to kick. If it has got to you to the point you are still not happy ... Report for griefing. 

The tools for complaining are there, use them. 

Other than that ... Buy a gun and shoot back!

petenasty
  • petenasty

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:42 AM

Yeah that's true. I guess its whatever floats your boat. It's a choice and the unpredictability makes it fun.

Well I mean like

"HERES A SHINY REWARD FOR KILLING PLAYERS, HERES ONE FOR KILLING PLAYERS IN THIS CRAAAAZY WAY LOL"

"Oh you are killing players? Have fun with super cops and bad sport"

"Youre still killing other players? Stop being a jerk or ththey'll kick you and youre gonna lose all your money in hospital bills YOU BETTER BEHAVE YOURSELF ASSHOLE"

*recieves 400 RP for killing 10 million players with a sticky bomb* "GOOD JOB!!!!!!!!!"

Its like if a book had 5 different writers and they didn't work together
  • DeZaStR likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users