Photo

why catchup is good

27 replies to this topic
Ginobili137
  • Ginobili137

Mark Chump

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:28 AM

I see a lot of people saying catchup is for noobs and that it takes the skill out of racing. in some cases, that is the case, but not usually. there is nothing you can do to avoid being spun out at the beginning of a race. without catchup, the winner of most races will just be the guy who was lucky to avoid the crashing at the beginning. to be honest, I think drafting is what needs to be nerfed. 

GTALegion
  • GTALegion

Leader of the GTAOLegion

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:29 AM

I see a lot of people saying catchup is for noobs and that it takes the skill out of racing. in some cases, that is the case, but not usually. there is nothing you can do to avoid being spun out at the beginning of a race. without catchup, the winner of most races will just be the guy who was lucky to avoid the crashing at the beginning. to be honest, I think drafting is what needs to be nerfed. 

I actually use it to my advantage and rarely get in crashes. At the beginning, if it's a huge field of cars, I hang back a second or two, let them all crash, then zip by into first.

The Huntsman
  • The Huntsman

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:29 AM

How does it even work?  When I fall behind, I tend to stay behind.

IShotBambi
  • IShotBambi

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:30 AM

Didn't like it at first but since everyone is slamming into each other it gives you a fair chance to catch up, pass and/or spin them out

MoeBeerz
  • MoeBeerz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:31 AM

Lmao so the first place car should just slow down so magically everyone can catch up ?? Suuuure what ever happened to go get em next race .. It's trash plain and simple!

Masochron
  • Masochron

Captivated

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:32 AM

All that I could understand was:

ketchup.gifn' draft_beer.jpg

Goodsport92
  • Goodsport92

Prankster

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:34 AM

Catchup is gay... I really mean that, buuut! 

It's sort of cool when you're good at tailing the one who's got the first place, and then slipstream right before the goalline.

It's not like the one who's driving super good and leads the whole race because he's so darrrnn good, deserves to win.. no noooo.. c:

Jvalor
  • Jvalor

Snitch

• Members

Dont be one of the dickheads in the pile up then. Drive smart. Catch up helps sh*tty players/drivers win and its usually on the last stretch and the guy who hasnt wrecked cant do anything but watch as his car goes slower and yours goes zipping past. Dumb feature. Only people who defend it are the chodes who cant go a full race without wiping out.
  • Judas0ne and MoeBeerz like this

Zarathustra71
  • Zarathustra71

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

I love it! It's very realistic. Everyone must have noticed than when Vettel hits the front a rev limiter kicks in and he has to slow down.

Oh wait, no, that's f*cking nonsense.

• MoeBeerz likes this

vince91
  • vince91

the pube in your orange juice

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:39 AM

i'd like to hear from you again after you actually start winning races.  or were supposed to win them anyways 

• MoeBeerz likes this

HornyHabib
  • HornyHabib

Always borrow money from a pessimist. He won’t expect it back.

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:39 AM

It absolutely sucks. It's not fair if I earn the lead and then I lose it at the end when I'm going 1km/h to some guy who was crashing into every car possible at the start.

My topic here proves it - http://gtaforums.com...about-catch-up/

43 people don't like it. Only 2 like it.

• MoeBeerz likes this

Ginobili137
  • Ginobili137

Mark Chump

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:40 AM Edited by Ginobili137, 22 October 2013 - 09:43 AM.

Dont be one of the dickheads in the pile up then. Drive smart. Catch up helps sh*tty players/drivers win and its usually on the last stretch and the guy who hasnt wrecked cant do anything but watch as his car goes slower and yours goes zipping past. Dumb feature. Only people who defend it are the chodes who cant go a full race without wiping out.

how do you suggest avoiding the pile up? stay in last place the entire time? you'll have to pass people at some point and they will wreck you

and I'm no bum. I have 102 wins and 176 losses (correction)

Mr Walker
  • Mr Walker

No. I don't like you.

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:40 AM

Dont be one of the dickheads in the pile up then. Drive smart.

Fair call, but if you're mid-pack at the start, it's pretty random as to if you can avoid it or not, sadly.

KemistiOMG
  • KemistiOMG

Science, Bitch!

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:45 AM

so even if you crash you should be able to win the race? makes sense....

• MoeBeerz likes this

zainzombie
  • zainzombie

PRE-ORDER CANCELLED! *sob sob*

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:45 AM

Why is it good?.. its not good at all.. its stupid as hell. it should be removed and never talked about. Treat this sh*t like it never existed and ban anyone who thinks otherwise.... thats how much I hate it. Catch up can go to hell and take slipstream with it.

• MoeBeerz likes this

Jvalor
  • Jvalor

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:49 AM

i'd like to hear from you again after you actually start winning races.  or were supposed to win them anyways

if you are talking about me you can suck a fatty. I win way more races than I lose and thats because I only race in races with catch up off. When I first started playing I didn't know any better and wasn't that good and lost like my first 20 races to chumps who passed me up on the last stretch of the race.

Fact is, catch up is a dumb feature that lets people with no coordination or driving skill in game to win races. You dont think that a guy who wrecks out 2 to 3 times in race and beats the guy who didnt wreck out once is f*cking dumb? Get real.
  • MoeBeerz likes this

bronysplatter
  • bronysplatter

Homie

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:53 AM

catchup is for noobs and that it takes the skill out of racing.

this was theo nly part that was correct.

Wile E Coyoteee
  • Wile E Coyoteee

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:59 AM

You guys do know (as it says right in the description) that it only helps people in the very back of the race, right? So if you do get wrecked off of "GO!", you actually have a chance to catch up to fight to finish in the middle of the pack if you're lucky. It doesn't provide the guy in 2nd place a boost, just the guys way in the back, and it's not much of one.

You could argue the other side of the fence, that maybe you're not skilled enough to learn how to maintain 1st when there's people at least in your half of the track, and that you're hoping you just get a free win if you're lucky enough not to be spun or slammed into by a guy that wrecked in turn 1.

The argument goes both ways!

marko dash
  • marko dash

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:07 AM

no it slows down the leader till the back gets closer

• MoeBeerz likes this

vince91
  • vince91

the pube in your orange juice

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:07 AM

if you are talking about me you can suck a fatty. I win way more races than I lose and thats because I only race in races with catch up off. When I first started playing I didn't know any better and wasn't that good and lost like my first 20 races to chumps who passed me up on the last stretch of the race.

Fact is, catch up is a dumb feature that lets people with no coordination or driving skill in game to win races. You dont think that a guy who wrecks out 2 to 3 times in race and beats the guy who didnt wreck out once is f*cking dumb? Get real.

what seamonster crawled up your ass mate?  i was talking to OP, and i f*cking hate catch-up.

you on the other hand should consider catching-up on your schoolwork and get that brain working again

Jvalor
  • Jvalor

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:10 AM

Yeah totally because if I am on a straight road, heading towards the finish and the 2nd place guy is out of slipstream range an he still catches up to me and passes me and wins, thats me not having enough skill to hold 1st? Yeahhhhh okay, keep telling yourself that, smart guy.

Seems to me that catch up speeds up the last place guy but also slows down the top speed for the 1st place guy because I can tell the difference when my car is going top speed early in the race and bogging down towards the end.

I dont know how it works and I dont give a sh*t. Fact is, I raced my first 20 races in GTAO with catch up on and lost all twenty. Now my win ratio is nearly over 3.00 since I only race when catch up is off. Coincidence? Nah.

Kendoyid
  • Kendoyid

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:13 AM

I love it! It's very realistic. Everyone must have noticed than when Vettel hits the front a rev limiter kicks in and he has to slow down.

Oh wait, no, that's f*cking nonsense.

comparing gta racing to formula one,er ok.

Ginobili137
  • Ginobili137

Mark Chump

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:14 AM

bullsh*t you win 3 races for every 1 you lose. unless you're hosting and using a custom car and kicking anyone good that's impossible

KemistiOMG
  • KemistiOMG

Science, Bitch!

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:14 AM

also ketchup is good when you dip fries in it, but in GTA:O there's no fries so there should not be ketchup

• vince91 likes this

Kendoyid
  • Kendoyid

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:15 AM

i like catch up aswell,just gives everyone a chance & makes the races more fun,if i want realism ill go play f1 or gran turismo

danowat
  • danowat

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:18 AM

Races with catchup on are generally determined randomly, pure luck, very little to do with skill.

However, there are times I am happy its on, namely on the drain race, when those stupid bits of cardboard spawn 3ft infront of your car and flip you over........

Ever if you avoid the obligatory race start pile up, and get infront, you'll be caught pretty quickly anyway, regardless of how you are driving, because out infront, your speed is so stunted by the catchup feature.

Jvalor
  • Jvalor

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:22 AM

bullsh*t you win 3 races for every 1 you lose. unless you're hosting and using a custom car and kicking anyone good that's impossible

wait, who are you and why do I need to prove anything to you? Oh, thats right you are nobody to me and I am nobody to you so get off my dick, creep.

Why woukd I lie about stupid sh*t like that? Yeah I win way more races thanI lose and no I dont kick people. I turn off catch up and I race smart.

I am not one of the ass clowns that goes full speed around a sharp corner HOPING my car doesnt spin out and it bounces back on track. Just cause you race like you are about to sh*t your pants doesnt mean I do. Try it sometime. You might win a few.

BuyMeTheMoon
  • BuyMeTheMoon

Homie

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Norway

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:31 AM

I HATE CATCHUP A LOT(Yay for Caps lock day). Even when I'm lucky and get past the entire field without being crashed into, those idiots who spent the first 30 seconds ramming into each other SUDDENLY catch up on me even though I raced perfectly alone in the front. I know that the idiots who ram you and f*cks everything up likes catchup, because they need it when they fail bumping other people, but for me, who likes fair races unless it's a GTA race, catchup is never turned on. 

• Jvalor likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users