Quantcast

» «
Photo

Does having a bounty placed on you by a player affect you at all?

16 replies to this topic

Poll: Does having a bounty placed on you affect your behavior? (39 member(s) have cast votes)

Does having a bounty placed on you affect your behavior?

1. It's annoying, I'll tread more carefully in the future. (5 votes [11.63%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.63%

2. It doesn't really affect me or my behavior at all. (8 votes [18.60%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.60%

3. Whatever. Come at me, bros! (28 votes [65.12%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 65.12%

4. I hate that sh*t, it ruins my day. (2 votes [4.65%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.65%

Vote Guests cannot vote
TSB203
  • TSB203

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:55 AM Edited by TSB203, 22 October 2013 - 08:58 AM.

Sometimes I'll be in the middle of something and if I'm killed by a player, I'll kill them back once or twice after I respawn.  Other times, they either flee or I can't be bothered to chase them down, so I call Lester.  From time to time, I think about placing a huge bounty on someone, whatever the max is, just so that they'll be pestered non-stop.

I'm a pretty adept player, but I can't be bothered to chase down every a-hole, and I do demand retribution.

Have you ever had a bounty placed on you in this context? Or, have you ever placed a bounty on someone else in this context?

IShotBambi
  • IShotBambi

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:58 AM

Most of the time no one comes after me. Probably because most players have a sh*t ton of money anyways and won't bother for 9 grand. And I've only placed bounties on my friends to f*ck around. I haven't glitched for money and I don't have a lot either and still don't go after bounties. MAYBE if they're close by but not anything I'm concerned with

SHarm
  • SHarm

Reincarnation of Tommy Vercetti

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:00 AM

I chase after anyone who touches me just to show them not to f*ck with me

TSB203
  • TSB203

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:03 AM

Most of the time no one comes after me. Probably because most players have a sh*t ton of money anyways and won't bother for 9 grand. And I've only placed bounties on my friends to f*ck around. I haven't glitched for money and I don't have a lot either and still don't go after bounties. MAYBE if they're close by but not anything I'm concerned with

It's the legit straight-arrow guys that you need to watch out for: those who don't glitch or farm.  Or, maybe some people just enjoy chasing down red dots.

007_eleven
  • 007_eleven

Snitch

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:03 AM

If it's a large lobby I'll put bounties on those who attack me, not that I can't fight back but because I don't want to, or because they've done something really mean, I can get quite focused on revenge when i'm killed, a bounty gives me satisfaction to bring heat down on asses, make them see how it feels to be harrased for no reason ;(

BurningBalls
  • BurningBalls

The furthest minion of the Crimson King

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:04 AM

I chase after anyone who touches me just to show them not to f*ck with me

I do this too, ironically nobody is likely to care or remember.

MrTrendall
  • MrTrendall

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:07 AM

Unless you can place bounties of more then 9k im not bothered.

Most people I see with bounties just log off find a new session hide in there apartments etc...

If you turn off the game your character should be kept on the session for 45minutes or untill the bounty is delt with...

Cant jump session or hide in your apartments that will make you think twice before pissing people off and having the option of placing any size bounty you want paying 10% would work wounders.

Only downfall to that idea is the glitchers with millions for giggles sort that and it could be fun

Just like eve online can plaxe billions on someones head dosnt happen much as you have to work for your money in that game

On second thoughts I might go back to that game soon.

Ps4 or pc? Think I might build a new rig soon

sronsr
  • sronsr

3 bit Gangsta

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:08 AM

It's the legit straight-arrow guys that you need to watch out for: those who don't glitch or farm.  Or, maybe some people just enjoy chasing down red dots.

I've glitched way over 10 million and bought almost everything in the game, I do it to ease my mind and just have fun, it sucks when I have to stop myself from having fun just to save money. I'm still enjoying the game and especially challenge myself and chase down red dots.

TSB203
  • TSB203

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:10 AM

If it's a large lobby I'll put bounties on those who attack me, not that I can't fight back but because I don't want to, or because they've done something really mean, I can get quite focused on revenge when i'm killed, a bounty gives me satisfaction to bring heat down on asses, make them see how it feels to be harrased for no reason ;(

I mostly enjoy getting that call from Lester unexpectedly: "It's been done.".

Coltfanjay
  • Coltfanjay

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:13 AM

If I've battled with someone off and on, and get a bounty, fine. It's when I join a lobby and within 2 seconds some d bag puts a bounty on me for absolutely nothing that I'll stay in my aptv and watch cartoons. Otherwise, it's fun being on the run

petenasty
  • petenasty

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:14 AM

I dont even bother putting bounties on people anymore. They just quit, hide, or split it with a friend. Waste of money.

CReaper210
  • CReaper210

Kingpin

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:17 AM

It's usually only 1 grand. But still, even if it's more than that, I try to pay attention carefully to my map to make sure no one is coming after me. And if they are, I try to position myself to where they cannot hit me with a car, and shoot them before they can do anything to me. I usually kill them and run away. And if they chase me, rinse and repeat.

But this was before the patch when you would lose $2k each time you die. Now that you only lose $500, it may not work as well. Because before, most players would generally give up after losing a few thousand dollars, but that's obviously not as easy now.

Goodsport92
  • Goodsport92

Prankster

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:18 AM

I laugh at everyone who's like ''yes :(( I hide in my apartment till bounty goes away, cuz i afraid to risk dying in a vidya game :((''

SAUL_SILVER
  • SAUL_SILVER

DILLIGAF---GIRFUY

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:29 AM

It's the fecking npc ghost bountys that do my head in, trying to have a bit of fun and get stuff done and the next thing you know a 5k bounty, even though i shot him after dragging him out the car.

vikdoom
  • vikdoom

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:30 AM

I had a bounty on me earlier so I go to find a player, he simply wouldn't kill me even tho I was just there standing in front of his car and then on top of it. after a while I take out my shotty and blast it through his windshield to wake him up, he then kills me, collecting the 9k bounty I just essentially gave him, he kills me again then try to blow my car so i kill him, stick his car then go back home.

Couldn't he simply have killed me once?..

CReaper210
  • CReaper210

Kingpin

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:43 AM

I had a bounty on me earlier so I go to find a player, he simply wouldn't kill me even tho I was just there standing in front of his car and then on top of it. after a while I take out my shotty and blast it through his windshield to wake him up, he then kills me, collecting the 9k bounty I just essentially gave him, he kills me again then try to blow my car so i kill him, stick his car then go back home.

You killed him for no reason... I would've done the same thing.

Anyone who kills me for no reason, usually gets killed by me around 10-15 times or until they leave.

And if they're relentless, I'll get the tank.

TSB203
  • TSB203

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:46 AM

You killed him for no reason... I would've done the same thing.

Anyone who kills me for no reason, usually gets killed by me around 10-15 times or until they leave.

And if they're relentless, I'll get the tank.

I like the idea of someone calling up a tank brigade crew to go after someone who enjoys trolling randoms.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users