Photo

For the love of everything sacred

14 replies to this topic
jdkzombie
  • jdkzombie

Professional Zombie

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:29 AM

Will you make the four wheel drive vehicles in this damn game actually BE 4 wheel drive.  I enjoy rolling around the wilderness in 4x4 vehicles but you get stuck on the simplest of obstacles because only the rear wheels are powered.  You got this right in IV, how could you guys screw it up in V?  

My truck has 2 heavy duty axles, front, and back, yet only the rear wheels power the vehicle.

This happens on the following vehicles:

Sandking

Mesa / Merryweather mesa

Seminole

Patriot

Rebel

Baller I & II

Rocoto

Also concerning the Mesa, it seems as though both civilian and merryweather mesa"s share the exact same physics, as though the developers did not adjust the vehicles physics to incorporate the large knobby tires, the hi lift shocks, and improved approach/departure angles.

This is a very minor "bitch" , but while I do greatly appreciate seeing tire tracks in the dirt and mud, can you at least make the track match the tire?  Knobby tire should leave knobby track for instance.,,,not knobby, muscle, tuner, and sport leave the same tire tread track as the SUV tires.

One last thing, there are a few vehicles that I know of you can get "SNORKEL" intakes on, the Duneloader and Dubsta being 2 that I know of right off hand, it would be really sweet if adding the snorkel would relocate the vehicles "WATER DAMAGE" line to above it, so you ford ford deep water safely and play around a bit more before losing your vehicle.....because not gonna lie, I got pretty irritated when my Dubsta "broke down" in the water and the water line was nowhere near the top of the intake, in fact, it was just above the wheel wells.

SHarm
  • SHarm

Reincarnation of Tommy Vercetti

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:30 AM

I'm pretty sure the monster truck in San Andreas was 4 wheel drive was pretty cool

IShotBambi
  • IShotBambi

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:35 AM

We did an off road meet and barely came across obstacles we couldn't overcome. Some took a while but eventually got over them and we hit some pretty hard paths (did this in rebels and a mesa). I do agree with the snorkel idea but that's probably the last thing they're thinking about right now. 

0_0.jpg

• jdkzombie likes this

SHarm
  • SHarm

Reincarnation of Tommy Vercetti

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:39 AM

Yeah I got stuck in rocks in a random sand king I stole when I had my ride impounded, I could get the front wheels to touch the floor but not the back so I legit had to rock the car for a good 2 minutes before I got out

TheMadNinjaTurtle
  • TheMadNinjaTurtle

Mark Chump

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:40 AM

Cool story bro

IShotBambi
  • IShotBambi

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:40 AM

I know for sure the sandking is RWD not 4x4

vince91
  • vince91

the pube in your orange juice

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:45 AM

agreed. some sedans and sports cars are AWD like it should, even 60/40 80/20 ratios exist in this game.  but no 4x4 on those offroaders..  logic? 

jdkzombie
  • jdkzombie

Professional Zombie

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:49 AM

Yeah thats weird too.

Also, anyone else notice super and sports cars outclimb off road vehicles?  dafuq?

TheMadNinjaTurtle
  • TheMadNinjaTurtle

Mark Chump

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:49 AM

f*ck logic

jdkzombie
  • jdkzombie

Professional Zombie

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:50 AM

We did an off road meet and barely came across obstacles we couldn't overcome. Some took a while but eventually got over them and we hit some pretty hard paths (did this in rebels and a mesa). I do agree with the snorkel idea but that's probably the last thing they're thinking about right now. 

0_0.jpg

That looks fun.

Wish the group I played with where into off roading, its more stunt jump, run from the cops usually, or whoring missions to scrape by with these ludicrous pay cuts lol, so I unwind at the end of the night by rolling around solo in the wilderness looking for fun trails.

vince91
  • vince91

the pube in your orange juice

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:06 AM Edited by vince91, 22 October 2013 - 09:08 AM.

i looked forward to offroading in this game but some of these things just turn me off.. like you said, even a bmx climbs better than an offroad car

That looks fun.

Wish the group I played with where into off roading, its more stunt jump, run from the cops usually, or whoring missions to scrape by with these ludicrous pay cuts lol, so I unwind at the end of the night by rolling around solo in the wilderness looking for fun trails.

maybe you should check this out, it's a crew where everyone can host meetings and events. just join, post  what event you are hosting  and when in the thread and simply invite the crewmembers who are online at the time. no need to add people to your friends list.  i joined to and we already had some great fun. 92 members so far

http://gtaforums.com...dark-dream-ent/

GTALegion
  • GTALegion

Leader of the GTAOLegion

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:07 AM

I was very disappointed to find out my snorkel did diddly poop.

• JoshhT likes this

IShotBambi
  • IShotBambi

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:17 AM Edited by IShotBambi, 22 October 2013 - 09:18 AM.

0_0.jpg

That looks fun.

The guy we went with name Josh something led us to a bunch a trails. Mostly rock climbing which I find way better than mountain climbing. It's more difficult. 

I've posted here twice starting off road meets but doesn't seem like a lot of people are into it. Only had 4 people for the picture above but it worked out because there wasn't a lot of room to wait for others to pass the obstacle and move on to the next one ahead

JoshhT
  • JoshhT

'Bidness Nigguh

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:26 AM

0_0.jpg

That's my Rebel up front! :D

OP.
I know for a fact the Rebel and Mesa off road are 4x4.

I know for a fact the Sandking has a solid front diff and is not 4x4 :(
I would have a Sandking in my collection if it were.

Makes me sad.

jdkzombie
  • jdkzombie

Professional Zombie

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:04 AM

Believe it or not I really enjoy driving the Gallivanter? Baller II, the one styled from the Land Rover Evoque.  It's awesome, that and my Obey Rocoto, the Porsche Cayenne, but yeah, it really bummed me out to find out the snorkels dont work.

I prefer the SWB Sandking myself, feels more nimble and much less weight to slug around without the extra cab space.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users