Photo

Did they fix...

27 replies to this topic
Serbian91
  • Serbian91

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:28 AM

...the car disappearing bug ( from garages ) in single player portion of the game? Was thinking of playing trough the game for the second time, but only if they fixed that stupid bug.

Lelouch vi Britannia
  • Lelouch vi Britannia

Zero

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:30 AM

Sadly no. Cars still disappear at random and when you least expect it. I had the Elegy in the garage that came with the free haircuts and weapons and now it's gone. I don't think the patched fixed jack.

Serbian91
  • Serbian91

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:36 AM

* sighs * ( thank you for your answer though )

Did they at least announce that they will fix it? Really can't be bothered to start everything again if my car will just disappear every now and then. Didn't even went once to LS customs ( outside story missions ), because whats the point in pimping your ride if it's just gona disappear out of thin air.

Serbian91
  • Serbian91

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:56 AM

So this really didn't fix anything - http://support.rocks...date-1-04-Notes ?

• Fixes numerous issues that were causing vehicle loss and/or loss of vehicle mods 

TheMarkofZollo
  • TheMarkofZollo

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:42 AM Edited by TheMarkofZollo, 22 October 2013 - 09:43 AM.

I've never had a vehicle vanish from the 4 car garage for any character, only their safehouse garages.

Maybe use them instead?

RowanSane
  • RowanSane

SURF crew Commissioner, Xbox 360

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:17 AM

Sadly no. Cars still disappear at random and when you least expect it. I had the Elegy in the garage that came with the free haircuts and weapons and now it's gone. I don't think the patched fixed jack.

Do you mean one of the 4 car garages? I've only lost cars from the safehouse garages and that only in the early game. I assume you had modded your elegy since there'd be no point saving one otherwise, since you can respawn them any time.

King Kapone
  • King Kapone

x N i g h t c a l l

• The Connection

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:17 AM

I've never lost a car from any garage at any time. What are you guys doing in your game? I've never had any of these issues.

TaCtiCaLTommy
  • TaCtiCaLTommy

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 10:58 AM Edited by TaCtiCaLTommy, 22 October 2013 - 10:59 AM.

I've never lost a car from any garage at any time. What are you guys doing in your game? I've never had any of these issues.

I was wondering the same thing. I think one time I lost the 12k that I had in cash. I had to leave so I saved, and powered down. But that was it. Never lost a car, never lost a HUGE chunk of money. Never lost an apartment. And to be honest, I played from day 1 with almost no problems, including the cloud server garbage. It happened but I was always able to get on with a try or 2.

It makes me curious what the difference is. Why did some people lose alot and some hardly anything?  

And why could some people play from day 1 and some were just able to start recently?

Serbian91
  • Serbian91

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:06 AM

^^

This thread was about disappearing cars from garages in the SINGLEPLAYER CAMPAIGN, not ONLINE.

TaCtiCaLTommy
  • TaCtiCaLTommy

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:15 AM

^^

This thread was about disappearing cars from garages in the SINGLEPLAYER CAMPAIGN, not ONLINE.

It's all related bro lol.....a car disappearing is a car disappearing. 

TheMarkofZollo
  • TheMarkofZollo

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:41 AM

Yes but vehicles and stats vanishing in Online is related mostly to connection/cloud storage issues, vehicles vanishing in Single Player is a known bug in the game...

Serbian91
  • Serbian91

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:43 AM

Yes but vehicles and stats vanishing in Online is related mostly to connection/cloud storage issues, vehicles vanishing in Single Player is a known bug in the game...

So is the bug still present or is it fixed 100% :) ? Lost so many cars in my first playtrough, don't wana go trough the same trouble again.

TaCtiCaLTommy
  • TaCtiCaLTommy

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:47 AM

lol, ok buddy. 

Serbian, yes it's still present, although seems to be MOSTLY fixed. Not many experiencing problems anymore. 

ShadowDog94
  • ShadowDog94

Gaming since '94

• Members
  • Ireland

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:52 AM

Just use the four-car garages instead. They never disappear from those.

TheMarkofZollo
  • TheMarkofZollo

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:00 PM Edited by TheMarkofZollo, 22 October 2013 - 12:01 PM.

So is the bug still present or is it fixed 100% :) ? Lost so many cars in my first playtrough, don't wana go trough the same trouble again.

It is still present in some cases, I can't save a Carbonizzare in the garage at Mike's house but had no more issues at Trevor's garage since update.

Though apparently that is somehow related to my non-existent online game....?

TaCtiCaLTommy
  • TaCtiCaLTommy

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:03 PM

It is still present in some cases, I can't save a Carbonizzare in the garage at Mike's house but had no more issues at Trevor's garage since update.

Though apparently that is somehow related to my non-existent online game....?

LOL, yes, it is. A car disappearing is a car disappearing. All saved in the same place girls. Hence the issues WITH SAVES.....wow

TaCtiCaLTommy
  • TaCtiCaLTommy

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:09 PM

It's not a disappearing car issue. It's a save issue. Whether online or offline, it's a SAVE issue.

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Pardon my English

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:15 PM

do you guys save MORE than four vehicles in the garages? pretty similar to GTA SA's garage-saving. if you saved in SA garages more than 4 (2 in CJ's main house) one of the vehicles will vanish.

maybe same here? since I never add more than four vehicles in my garages

TheMarkofZollo
  • TheMarkofZollo

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:17 PM

LOL, yes, it is. A car disappearing is a car disappearing. All saved in the same place girls. Hence the issues WITH SAVES.....wow

Where are your saves stored? My SP saves are on my hard drive, Online is cloud is it not?

And yeah if I leave a Carbonizarre in Mike's garage, go away and come back WITHOUT saving, it is no longer there.

If it were the same bug people would have had their SP progress rolled back too. The Online issue is down to poor version control/management. Single Player had a bug with leaving particular cars in particular places

TaCtiCaLTommy
  • TaCtiCaLTommy

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:19 PM

lol....

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Pardon my English

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 22 October 2013 - 01:06 PM

It's not a disappearing car issue. It's a save issue. Whether online or offline, it's a SAVE issue.

so THAT explain why I never lost any vehicle :lol:

TheMarkofZollo
  • TheMarkofZollo

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:08 PM

Lol indeed. So enlighten me, how are saves stored and managed for Online? And how along with server load and rollbacks does this either effect SP vehicle storage or link to a bug with SP vehicle storage?

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Pardon my English

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:54 PM

another note:

how many vehicles you guys stash in the safehouse garages? I just remembered loosing a bike because I stashed three vehicles. one car and two bikes.

max set for vehicles in garages = four (4)

max set for vehicles in safe-house garages = two (2)

stashing more than this in any will cause random vanishing. be aware :^:

Sweettooth187
  • Sweettooth187

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:33 PM

For a while there I had a potential getaway cars stashed at Michael's house with his bike in the back. Didn't have any problems. Suppose it's all just random. I bet if you cram enough cars in all their garages you'll have problems.

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Pardon my English

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:52 PM

For a while there I had a potential getaway cars stashed at Michael's house with his bike in the back. Didn't have any problems. Suppose it's all just random. I bet if you cram enough cars in all their garages you'll have problems.

are you sure?

I have four (4) bikes in Frank's garage, one car and one bike at his safehouse garage.

one bike and three cars at Mike's garage, one bike and one car at his safehouse garage.

one bike and two (or three) cars at Trevor's second-safehouse "garage".

can't remember how many vehicles at his first/trailer safehouse

ThroatSlasher2
  • ThroatSlasher2

Mr. Orion

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:16 PM Edited by ThroatSlasher2, 22 October 2013 - 08:19 PM.

My cars never disappear when I put them in the 4 cars garage or at a safehouse. However, whenever I do a property management side mission, whatever vehicle I was in automatically vanishes. The main problem is that it doesn't always end up at the same place. Sometimes its back at my house, sometimes its at the vehicle impound and sometimes its gone completely. This is kinda bullsh*t. Getting texts from the many movie theaters you own, imploring you to promote the cinema in a plane and dropping sh*t from it. Im fine with that. It makes me practice my flying skills. However, it always comes with a price. Either you will have to pay 250$ to get the car you drove to the airport to get it back OR risk losing it completely. It isn't very much fun passing half of your gameplay time hoping you don't lose your car and getting around the game in a f*cking taxi all the time. It was much less risky in previous GTA's. You leave your car in a specific area to save it, keep doing this and you'll save it forever. That's it. Or better yet, do like Saints Row. Keep every vehicle you store inside the garage. Don't do half of both that's ridiculous. It works like this for boats, planes and helicopters, why not cars ? Hell it even works like this with the damn horses in RDR. 

fish61324
  • fish61324

Soldier

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:34 PM

I can confirm that since patch 1.04 has been released... NO, the glitch is NOT fixed

TheMarkofZollo
  • TheMarkofZollo

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 October 2013 - 07:16 AM Edited by TheMarkofZollo, 23 October 2013 - 07:18 AM.

Either you will have to pay 250$ to get the car you drove to the airport to get it back OR risk losing it completely.

You don't have to do the mission immediately, you have time to return to a garage and store the vehicle, get another or taxi and get to the mission. I have done this plenty of times.

another note:

how many vehicles you guys stash in the safehouse garages?

I half mentioned this before, I stored two cars and a bike at Trevor's safehouse garage and they all vanished, that is the bug. It should have been just the oldest vanish as I had with two cars and a bike at Frank's safehouse garage. It isn't really clear though, not sure if mentioned in the manual as it won't work for me, they should have made it store what you put in it IMO.

As I said before, I still can't store particular cars so the bug is still present with storing vehicles in particular garages

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users